New Topic Respond to this Topic
Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 01:36 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 01:28 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: In addition, college students are the most defenseless, naive, stressed-out people on the planet.

Hey, I'm at college and im about as stressed an unused sock.

Dre-Man
Dre-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 01:23 PM, Bajjer wrote: Very true. Even according Marx, the more they resent it only brings us closer to rebellion.

Never quote a communist as if they're somehow a wise man... it just doesn't work.

Bajjer
Bajjer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 01:54 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 01:50 PM, Dre-Man wrote:
At 4/19/07 01:23 PM, Bajjer wrote: Very true. Even according Marx, the more they resent it only brings us closer to rebellion.
Never quote a communist as if they're somehow a wise man... it just doesn't work.

But, nevertheless, it is true and Marx did say some wise things. What I had just said is probably the most true.

Dre-Man
Dre-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 01:56 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 01:54 PM, Bajjer wrote: But, nevertheless, it is true and Marx did say some wise things. What I had just said is probably the most true.

Marx was an unrealistic shit and so were all of his followers, get over that fact.

Edvin
Edvin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 02:14 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 01:56 PM, Dre-Man wrote:
At 4/19/07 01:54 PM, Bajjer wrote: But, nevertheless, it is true and Marx did say some wise things. What I had just said is probably the most true.
Marx was an unrealistic shit and so were all of his followers, get over that fact.

Amen. I don't wanna go off-topic, but I still don't understand how one can be communist in the 21st century.. I mean, it's been proven through history that it's a total failure and only leads to totalitarism. Screw communism. And screw the people who wear Che shirts.

JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 01:15 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: You're ignoring the fact that guns cause peace.

How am I ignoring this? I NEVER said we should ban guns and all be friends. I said we should license gun users.

Are you a fucking retard?

Oh and you want me to research Oklahoma City? Why bother, explosives are illegal in the US. If anything Oklahoma weakens your arguement of we should make guns more aviable than McDonalds fries.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
zzzzd
zzzzd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 05:21 PM Reply

Gang Culture has been on the up in the UK for along time, Gun Crime was rising Before and After the Gun Ban. The Ban on Guns did reduce Gun Crime, But Gang Cultue and illegal Guns counteracted the statistics.

School Shootings aren't proffesionaly planned, the kids in most cases, don't know any arms dealers, They Just use there parents guns or buy them legaly down the shop.

So Allthough I agree with you that Gun Bans won't reduce some Gun Crime it will reduce these fucked up school shootings.

Also if gun laws aren't going to do anything about it. And leniant gun laws aren't to blame then tell me why the fuck America is were the majority of these school shootings take place?

D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 05:43 PM Reply

At 4/18/07 11:58 PM, cellardoor6 wrote:
- The Dunblane Massacre in Scotland in 1996 in which 17 people were shot and killed.

I repeat: handguns were banned in the UK after Dunblaine. Have we had a school/college/university/area shot up since then?

No?

Somebody isn't making a valid point due to a slight case of ignoring the facts, aren't they?

Yes, we have shootings - usually gang based - but no wholescale massacres all of a sudden (such as, say, the 1987 Hungerford Massacre). Is that related?

Well, let's just quote Bill Hicks for this one, shall we? There's a difference between owning a gun and shooting someone and not owning a gun and not shooting someone, and you'd be a fool and a Communist to spot any connection.

Have American attitudes not budged since the early '90's? If not, isn't that the fucking problem?

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship
Never underestimate the significance of "significant."
NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature
stafffighter
stafffighter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 06:04 PM Reply

Remember kids, the second someone thinks of commiting a crime they're given a decoder ring for a vast network with every weapon the little hearts could desire. And that's why gun control affects nothing

I have nothing against people who can use pot and lead a productive life. It's these sanctimonius hippies that make me wish I was a riot cop in the 60's

BBS Signature
Demosthenez
Demosthenez
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 06:23 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 05:43 PM, D2Kvirus wrote: Somebody isn't making a valid point due to a slight case of ignoring the facts, aren't they?

Your gun crime has risen while your guns have been banned. What facts exactly are you disputing?

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 06:27 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 11:43 AM, JoS wrote:
Your parents dropped you on your head as a kid didn't they.

no, but I do have a sick mind and a lot of imagination.

When was the last time you heard of anyone going into a school with a skillet and killing several people,
it would make national headlines. also, you ignore what i said completely. I NEVER said you could use a skillet in a massacre, I just said you could kill with it.

or a man ontop of a clock tower killing people with a slingshot and ball bearings?
thats only because no one has thought of it yet. .. until now.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

SyntheticTacos
SyntheticTacos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 06:41 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 05:21 PM, zzzzd wrote: Gang Culture has been on the up in the UK for along time, Gun Crime was rising Before and After the Gun Ban. The Ban on Guns did reduce Gun Crime, But Gang Cultue and illegal Guns counteracted the statistics.

School Shootings aren't proffesionaly planned, the kids in most cases, don't know any arms dealers, They Just use there parents guns or buy them legaly down the shop.

So Allthough I agree with you that Gun Bans won't reduce some Gun Crime it will reduce these fucked up school shootings.

Also if gun laws aren't going to do anything about it. And leniant gun laws aren't to blame then tell me why the fuck America is were the majority of these school shootings take place?

So you're saying that someone who is willing to commit mass murder is going to think that illegally purchasing a firearm is too much? Just because something is banned doesn't mean that it's impossible to acquire, and without the legal purchase there is no record to go along with the purchase.

zzzzd
zzzzd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:07 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 06:41 PM, SyntheticTacos wrote:
So you're saying that someone who is willing to commit mass murder is going to think that illegally purchasing a firearm is too much? Just because something is banned doesn't mean that it's impossible to acquire, and without the legal purchase there is no record to go along with the purchase.

I'm saying it would be alot harder to obtain a gun, and most of these cunts wont no were to illegaly purchase a gun.

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:15 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 02:44 PM, JoS wrote:
At 4/19/07 01:15 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: You're ignoring the fact that guns cause peace.
How am I ignoring this? I NEVER said we should ban guns and all be friends. I said we should license gun users.

You meant to say that if someone shoots up a school, they'll need a permit? A license?

You want you create a magical licensing procedure that'll do what exactly?

Are you a fucking retard?
Oh and you want me to research Oklahoma City? Why bother, explosives are illegal in the US.

You are a fucking retard :) But I'd pee in your butt if you asked me to ;)

I said research the events, since you aren't familiar with what military training and a motive to kill can do.

Fucking A JoS, even the Hmong who was shooting hunters in Wisconsin only needed a slim excuse to emtpy every bullet he had into a human body.

I don't expect you to read critically, or even comprehend my ramblings sometimes. But sometimes I think even the obvious points bounce right off your forehead in favor for crayons and sparkle-glitter.

We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.

BBS Signature
Dre-Man
Dre-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:21 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 02:44 PM, JoS wrote:
I said we should license gun users.

We do. Oh... AND we require a backround check (in most states) before someone is allowed to purchase a firearm.

cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:22 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 12:49 PM, Elfer wrote: You'll notice that your "proof" involves completely uncontrolled variables.

For example, I could say that a high murder rate is caused by a high population density. The numbers fit to that pretty well, but you ignore that fact completely because it doesn't support your theory.

I said at the beginning that there are other variables. I just used 4 examples, I used the most violent area, and the least violent area if the US, with 2 areas around the middle of the equation.

Because my main point behind this thread is that gun control doesn't work, atleast not in the US. There are loads of other factors, including racial make-up, population density etc.. but just blaming the gun is counterintuitive if you look at the facts.

At 4/19/07 07:07 PM, zzzzd wrote:
At 4/19/07 06:41 PM, SyntheticTacos wrote:
I'm saying it would be alot harder to obtain a gun, and most of these cunts wont no were to illegaly purchase a gun.

It's not harder though, guns are everywhere. If you read the links about the UK handgun crime, it says that guns are smuggled into the UK illegally and that is what criminals are using. Therefore it doesn't make sense to ban the handguns when A) It didn't reduce gun violence at all (you claimed it did earlier but of course you have no proof for that) and B) the criminals who commit crime are determined enough to find a way to get them regardless. The vast majority of crime is committed with illegally possessed firearms, thus making firearms illegal to purchase LEGALLY for law-abiding citizens miss the mark entirely.

Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
SirLebowski
SirLebowski
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:40 PM Reply

In light of recent events, I would like to assert the recent Virginia Tech massacre was done with legally obtained guns. =)

Not all guns used to commit acts like this are bought illegally.

Of course when you let your citizens have guns you must assume they are intelligent enough to keep them out of the reach of children and that they themselves are not idiots.

You must assume they make good judgement and can be rational. (ie not get mad at a friend in an argument and misuse the firearm)

Also you must assume they won't do thinks to IMPAIR the otherwise decent judgement (ie getting drunk and messing around with said firearm)

So we are at a crossroads. Either we take the good with the bad and allow people to carry concealed weapons so that we may defend ourselves should we ever find ourselves in a situation where we can successfully use the weapon in a manner that is for self-defense, and risk the idiots out our country misusing the firearms.

Or we could give up this supposedly constitutional right to carry weapons. It would do nothing to those willing to obtain the weapons illegally, and if you are one of the few willing to defend yourself rationally in the face of danger (robbery, rape, attempted murder, whathave you) you have your right to carry a weapon unfairly taken from you. However, the death toll from idiots messing with guns will be severely cut down.

I, myself, wouldn't be drastically effected by this either way. I never intend to carry a weapon because even if I was given one I don't think, in all realism, I would have what it takes to defend myself. The odds of me every being raped or murdered are slim, slimmer than most I suppose.

But the way I see it, it does not make a difference wether the gun is obtained illegally or legally. It's a gun, and for every time a man protects himself from being mugged, a drunken man is there to shoot a bullet through his foot.

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:44 PM Reply

Despite what these boards look like, the majority of people walking around with guns on a daily basis far outnumbers the number of kooks cleaning their 9mm every other hour and visiting newgrounds between command and conquer missions.

There are more responsible gun owners than there will ever be kooks. And don't let the kooks tell you otherwise.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 07:40 PM, SirLebowski wrote: In light of recent events, I would like to assert the recent Virginia Tech massacre was done with legally obtained guns. =)

Yes, but that doesn't negate the fact that it only makes up a small fraction of gun violence nationwide. It was an isolated case of a psycho who slipped through the cracks. It doesn't make sense to make national legislation and react the way people are reacting when it won't work in the long run.

Not all guns used to commit acts like this are bought illegally.

But the vast majority are. Therefore people need to use their brain, and look at the facts instead of allowing themselves to be so emotional from the VT shooting that they start proposing gun bans and so forth.

Maybe you should watch the News or take a gander at the liberal blogosphere of late. The general consensus among liberals consists of "OMG liek we needz to make da gunz illegal cuz they killz people, change the constitution! do it now or elzz Bush will destroy us all wit his redneck gun policeez!!!"

BBS Signature
SirLebowski
SirLebowski
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:47 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 07:44 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: Despite what these boards look like, the majority of people walking around with guns on a daily basis far outnumbers the number of kooks cleaning their 9mm every other hour and visiting newgrounds between command and conquer missions.

There are more responsible gun owners than there will ever be kooks. And don't let the kooks tell you otherwise.

I agree. When I was typing my post I wasn't really giving the benefit to the fact that there are many responsible gun owners, but regardless, what do we do with those "kooks"?

SirLebowski
SirLebowski
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:52 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 07:47 PM, cellardoor6 wrote: Maybe you should watch the News or take a gander at the liberal blogosphere of late. The general consensus among liberals consists of "OMG liek we needz to make da gunz illegal cuz they killz people, change the constitution! do it now or elzz Bush will destroy us all wit his redneck gun policeez!!!"

The liberal view on things does tend to be centered around controlling what people do. I've never been fond of their stance on censorship. But the conservative side, I'm willing to bet, can sound just as crazy. I don't think I'd like to side with either on the issue.

My concern is not with the responsible gun owners, but with those who misuse them. I am not fully educated on what is required to have a permit to carry a concealed weapon, but prehaps we should reconsider what it required inorder to get them? Something to weed out those are likely to abuse firearms.

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:53 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 07:47 PM, SirLebowski wrote:
At 4/19/07 07:44 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: Despite what these boards look like, the majority of people walking around with guns on a daily basis far outnumbers the number of kooks cleaning their 9mm every other hour and visiting newgrounds between command and conquer missions.

I agree. When I was typing my post I wasn't really giving the benefit to the fact that there are many responsible gun owners, but regardless, what do we do with those "kooks"?

Let sleeping kooks lie.

Put them down when they bite.

Otherwise they ain't your business.

Unless they're your family, then they're your kook and you are partially responsible for them (warning people if/when he snaps) . . . having a .38 for the Lenny when the time's right.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:55 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 07:47 PM, SirLebowski wrote:

You need to address them individually instead of creating government intervention that irrationally targets guns, and thereby ends up only punishing responsible, law-abiding American gun owners.

The VT shooter should have been dealt with along time ago. So this issue has nothing to do with gun control, it has to do with how our society treats dangerous and mentally ill people. Because, this kid was a danger regardless of what he used to murder people. He could have made a homemade bomb, he could have gone on a rampage with his car, or he could have been more patient and became a serial killer.

This kid should have been locked up in an insane asylum back in 2005, and/or he should have had his mental health problems put on his permanent record (that would have shown up on the background check).

It makes no sense to entirely miss the mark and focus on gun laws themselves. We need to start weeding out the bad apples of society, rather than target one single tool they might use to cause harm to themselves or others.

BBS Signature
SirLebowski
SirLebowski
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 07:56 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 07:53 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: Let sleeping kooks lie.

Put them down when they bite.

Otherwise they ain't your business.

I'm sure that's the way to go about things. =) Hey all, let's just wait untill they do kill innocent people, then we will worry about it.

I feel comforted now, and will no longer worry about before mentioned gun control issues. Thank you.

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 08:02 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 07:56 PM, SirLebowski wrote:
I'm sure that's the way to go about things. =) Hey all, let's just wait untill they do kill innocent people, then we will worry about it.

They knew he was a kook, dickfuck.

I feel comforted now, and will no longer worry about before mentioned gun control issues. Thank you.

Suck a barrel and squeeze, kiddo.

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 08:05 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 08:01 PM, Grammer wrote:
I just heard Cho was allowed to buy guns even though a court has ruled him as a danger. Perhaps if there were stricter gun laws...

Yeah sure, maybe a law that does everything at once, like Roe V Wade or the Chalres Schultz legal team.

Perhaps a stricter law would've kept a gun out of his hand, but it would MORE LIKELY put two or three guns into the hands of people who're pissed off YOU took THEIR shit away.

And I'd side with their arguments over yours any day because yours suck and aren't arguments at all, just whimsy little flirts, promising a blowjob but only delivering a teabag.

For shame, kiddo, for shame.

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 08:22 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 08:16 PM, Grammer wrote:
At 4/19/07 08:05 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: Perhaps a stricter law would've kept a gun out of his hand, but it would MORE LIKELY put two or three guns into the hands of people who're pissed off YOU took THEIR shit away.
I don't know any people who are willing to kill because they don't have guns, but I suppose you'll find someone who will kill over anything, so w/e

This kid killed because he had no friends. Know anybody like that?

Regardless, we should all be able to agree (even cellardoor) that if there was a law in place that prevented people who were ruled a danger from buying a gun, many more people would be alive today.

No, we shouldn't.

I'd call you stupid again but I've been doing that alot lately, and studies show that a subject who is constantly bombarded with negative language will eventually tune out the stimulus in favor of "ignorant bliss". That's where you are, RIGHT NOW.

He should've had a big fuckin black mark on his record, via the psychiatrist who diagnosed him a serious and imminent threat to the public. If I were the DA, I'd charge that doctor with gross criminal negligence, and open up class action lawsuits against him and the firm he represents.

Do you see where I'M going with this? Precision shots instead of carpet bombing, if you can connect A and B without getting lost along the way.

Grow up a little, get a little life and eath under your belt. Get off the fucking internet.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 08:26 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 08:01 PM, Grammer wrote: There are so many factors to consider for a state's murder rate other than the gun control laws in place.

I'm aware of that I just used 4 states as an example, I mentioned the most peaceful, and most violent areas of our country with 2 states on both sides of the range of average.

I said at the beginning that race, geography and other variables affect gun violence.

BBS Signature
Boltrig
Boltrig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 08:44 PM Reply

The only thing Ill say on this topic regarding the Dunblane tradgedy and ensuing tightening of gun laws, gun crime may have gone up, but name me another massacre of that proportion that took place since the laws came into effect.

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) Apr. 19th, 2007 @ 08:47 PM Reply

At 4/19/07 08:44 PM, Boltrig wrote: The only thing Ill say on this topic regarding the Dunblane tradgedy and ensuing tightening of gun laws, gun crime may have gone up, but name me another massacre of that proportion that took place since the laws came into effect.

When one happens, will you eat your words and support his cause with as much vigor as you are showing now?

Or will you break it down, scenario by scenario and point out the distinct reasons behind the next massacre?

BBS Signature