New Topic Respond to this Topic
Euroc
Euroc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-15 22:36:49 Reply

At 11/15/07 10:21 PM, Grammer wrote: Hey guys, gun control doesn't work, so we should like, totally, make it easier to get guns.

Awesome.

Thats not the point... If you already have the laws then just enforce them. The problem with gun control is that it only affects those who obey the law. For example, under Pres. Clinton I could not by high cap. magazines for my pistol unless I were law enforcement or military. After the assault ban repeal under Pres. Bush, I could. That does not mean that I could not find one illegally. Does that make sense? Gun laws only effect those who they do not NEED to effect. That does not mean you make it legal for felons to own guns.

Spreading genetic superiority, one volunteer at a time.

WolvenBear
WolvenBear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-16 06:35:00 Reply

At 11/15/07 03:45 PM, Euroc wrote:
Every American has the right to bear arms. As unhappy as I may be that most people can own a gunm it's just something I accept.
However, there has to be a limit on just how many guns one can own, what kind they can own, what ammo they can own, et al.

This is a completely un-Constitutional idea. "The right of the people shall not be abridged" takes backseat to "I really don't like this amendment." Or at least it does in your head.

blah blah blah

You offer nothing legal, let alone Constitutional, to back up your point. There is simply no rational basis for your arguments beyond "I really would like these laws put into place."

Joe Biden is not change. He's more of the same.

Chickidydow
Chickidydow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-16 07:59:57 Reply

Criminals will always use firearms, no matter what. Even if you make it illegal to posses them for anyone they will still find a way, honestly now people who commit crimes with guns often don't go through a gun store, unless they plan on committing suicide or something as gun stores and background checks and registries all leave a trail so stop obsessing about background checks and making it harder for sportsmen like my self to procure our tools of leisure. Instead try and go nansey drew on the illegal gun dealers.

Teh Spoony Experiment. Click for a good time.

BBS Signature
Euroc
Euroc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-16 14:34:09 Reply

At 11/16/07 06:35 AM, WolvenBear wrote:
At 11/15/07 03:45 PM, Euroc wrote:
Every American has the right to bear arms. As unhappy as I may be that most people can own a gunm it's just something I accept.
However, there has to be a limit on just how many guns one can own, what kind they can own, what ammo they can own, et al.
This is a completely un-Constitutional idea. "The right of the people shall not be abridged" takes backseat to "I really don't like this amendment." Or at least it does in your head.

blah blah blah
You offer nothing legal, let alone Constitutional, to back up your point. There is simply no rational basis for your arguments beyond "I really would like these laws put into place."

You did not read my entire post. The problem is I agree with you. If you had read further, you would have found that I was quoting another person, and that the quote did not affect all of their statement. I am very big on gun rights, and I think every legal individual should have the right to own as many as they want.

Euroc
Euroc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-16 14:38:42 Reply

At 11/15/07 03:45 PM, KeithHybridwrote:

At 11/14/07 11:47 AM, KeithHybrid wrote: First, let's start with a bit of irony: isn't it amazing how Conservatives can't give a shit for the Constitution, all except for the Second Admendment?
Anyways, here's our feature presentation:
For example, no average shmoe needs to own an automatic weapon. A simple hand gun is all you really need to protect yourself and others, but even still, a gun can prove hazardous when in the wrong and/or stupid hands.
Same thing with hollow-point ammunition (aka "cop killers"). This kind of ammo should only be used by the police and the military. John Doe don't need no hollow point ammo. (hey, that ryhmed. :D)
Excercise your right to bear arms, but bear in mind that not every Tom Dick and Joe needs to carry around a proton cannon just to go hunting.

Here is my response! The more I thought about it, the more I realized that you could only have read the first sentence that pissed you off and then responded. Please read the whole thing next time.

This is from a locked out thread, but some of these persons arguments were so rediculous that I had to answer.

First, not every American is entitled to own a gun. You are not allowed to have any felonies. Not even one. Not only that, but you can not have any charges of domestic violence against you. Nor can you have any mental incompacities.

Also, whats the difference if I own one gun or a hundred? I only need one gun to kill someone, so as a collector what difference does owning multiple firearms make? Its like water... if you are in a 10 foot pool or a thousand foot pool, your feet still can't touch when you swim. The number of guns is irrelevant.

Second, cop-killers are not hollow points. Cop-killers are normally modified full metal jacket rounds. Your typical lead hollow point will not penatrate kevlar. Hollow points are better for home defense. They turn the bullet into a much more lethal force. That is all I load at the house, and all I carry when I carry concealed. I am against the illegal modification of rounds that makes them cop-killers, however.

The second ammendment has nothing to do with hunting. In fact, it does not stipulate what the arms are to be used for. I am much more of a target shooter than a hunter, so I tend towards hand guns. Other people are collectors, so they like automatic weapons. Look up the statistics on crimes commited with firearms, and you will find very few occur with assault rifles. Much more are with small, concealable pistols. And others like rifiles or shotguns for hunting and home protection.

In summation, there is no problem with law abiding citizens owning firearms.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-16 16:50:29 Reply

At 11/15/07 09:59 PM, Euroc wrote: ... The problem with baning lower cost firearms is that excludes a large percentage of the lower socio-economic class from legitimate protection!

Racist Roots of Gun Control

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995...
" I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-16 16:53:15 Reply

At 11/15/07 10:10 PM, Grammer wrote: I don't see why trying to take guns off the streets and out of the hands of thugs is a bad thing. Any measure that makes it harder for guns to be brought onto the black market can't be all bad. If it doesn't work, then we need tougher measures, you don't give up on gun control because it isn't working. That's like giving up on Medicare because our health care system is in shambles.

I'm not arguing that this is a bad thing. I'm for background checks and reasonable firearms training being mandatory to buy a gun. What I'm not for is banning guns.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-16 23:03:18 Reply

At 11/16/07 06:40 PM, Grammer wrote:
At 11/16/07 04:53 PM, TheMason wrote:
At 11/15/07 10:10 PM, Grammer wrote:
I'm not arguing that this is a bad thing. I'm for background checks and reasonable firearms training being mandatory to buy a gun. What I'm not for is banning guns.
Is anyone here for completely banning guns?

Implicitly I think some people like D2K is making the argument for a universal ban.

However, when I wrote that paragraph I was thinking about those people who want to ban specific types of firearms. I am not for banning assault rifles, assault weapons or handguns. These are all arguments that people have made on this issue.

And I am against such bans, especially the assault rifle ban which has no basis in reality.

Ah well, Supreme Court is going to be ruling on this anyways, soon enough.

Hopefully, last I heard they still haven't decided to take the case.

BBS Signature
Euroc
Euroc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 09:34:24 Reply

At 11/16/07 04:50 PM, TheMason wrote:
At 11/15/07 09:59 PM, Euroc wrote: ... The problem with baning lower cost firearms is that excludes a large percentage of the lower socio-economic class from legitimate protection!

You're damn right! In an unarmed society, who ever has the guns has the power. If you disarm the poor by removing the only firearms they can afford, then the rich have the power. Look at whats happening with the genocide in Dafur. They disarmed the poor blacks, and armed the muslims. Its horrible whats going on. If they disarm in the United States, does anyone really think that criminals will give up their firearms? Honestly? Hell, I wouldn't give up mine! But lets say that all law abiding citizens turn over their guns... who has the guns now? Police and criminals. If you examine the statistics behind the effect of law enforcement on crime, there is only one true correlation. That cops DO effect traffic violations. Other crimes have little or no effect from police. All police do is mop-up. They dont stop crimes (rarely) but instead try to find the criminal AFTER they have commited the crime. That means, that the average homeowner/business owner would be helpless against an armed burgler or rapest.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 11:09:38 Reply

At 11/17/07 09:34 AM, Euroc wrote:
You're damn right! In an unarmed society, who ever has the guns has the power. If you disarm the poor by removing the only firearms they can afford, then the rich have the power. Look at whats happening with the genocide in Dafur.

The same thing happened in Kosovo. When the Yugoslavian government fell, all the old ethnic/religious tensions was suddenly allowed to boil over. One of the problems was the Serbs controlled most of the military arsenals which allowed them to have their way with the largely unarmed Kosovar muslims.

That's why I think the solution to Darfur is to provide small arms (AK-47s and RPGs) to the Africans who are falling prey to the Arabs. (Darfur is less of a religious conflict and more of an ethnic conflict. While at first it was a Christian/Muslim thing, the Janjanaweed [sp?] militias, which are descendants of Arabs, have started murdering non-Arab Muslims as well.)

BBS Signature
bobomajo
bobomajo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 12:23:04 Reply

Why do you want guns anyway?
Does everyone in Amercia have a small penis or suffers from major inferiority complexes?
Are you just sacred of the boogieman or witches or the dark?
Don't say hunting what good is an assult rifle for hunting deer? Do you even have wild animals after all you urban development?
Since you have the right to bear arms why stop at guns, why not start buying tanks and crusie milliles, I'll bet a criminal will think twice about robbing your house if they see a large truck with a 20 meter missile on the top of it, or why not even get yourself a nuke bet you will feel real safe when you own something capable of destroying the entire town you live in.
Mabye they ment for the 2nd amendment to be taken literaly, you have the right to bear (the animal) arms (the things you use to complete a number of tasks), not bear arms.

Hyperwave
Hyperwave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 12:35:34 Reply

At 11/17/07 12:23 PM, bobomajo wrote: Why do you want guns anyway?
Does everyone in America have a small penis or suffers from major inferiority complexes?

And you have the intellectual capacity of a NEWT.

Don't say hunting what good is an assault rifle for hunting deer? Do you even have wild animals after all you urban development?

Don't be an idiot, of course we have wild animals, I can see six deer RIGHT NOW from my bedroom window.

Since you have the right to bear arms why stop at guns, why not start buying tanks and cruise missiles, I'll bet a criminal will think twice about robbing your house if they see a large truck with a 20 meter missile on the top of it, or why not even get yourself a nuke bet you will feel real safe when you own something capable of destroying the entire town you live in.

1. ILLEGAL 2.Too expensive 3. No need.

Maybe they meant for the 2nd amendment to be taken literally, you have the right to bear (the animal) arms (the things you use to complete a number of tasks), not bear arms.

That would be stupid "Hey! I have the right tohave arms! Even though I was born with them!"

{USE SPELLCHECK DUMBASS}

D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 12:39:17 Reply

The irony of that is that, according to cellardoor6 et al, only blacks and latinos are a risk when you hand them a firearm.

Patently false, naturally.

But, then again, saying gun control is racist is just as patently false, and just another label to toss out to avoid coming up with an argument (just like all too eagerly misquoting a section of the Second Amendment).

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship
Never underestimate the significance of "significant."
NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature
Hyperwave
Hyperwave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 12:41:32 Reply

At 11/17/07 12:39 PM, D2Kvirus wrote:

The irony of that is that, according to cellardoor6 et al, only blacks and Latinos are a risk when you hand them a firearm.

Don't be an asshole, he said Blacks and Latinos were the majority of gun-toting troublemakers.

D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 12:50:41 Reply

At 11/17/07 12:41 PM, Hyperwave wrote:

The irony of that is that, according to cellardoor6 et al, only blacks and Latinos are a risk when you hand them a firearm.

Don't be an asshole, he said Blacks and Latinos were the majority of gun-toting troublemakers.

And I said it's patently false: and, for your information, lumping the entire Latino world into one homogenous mass is far more assholish, as well as simplified with an undercurrent of passing the buck on socity's problems on the nearest available non-white faction.

As well as being patently false: for a start, the highest gun mrder rates in Europe are from Eastern European nations, not Spain, Portugal or Italy. And there appears to be a massive drop off from Columbia and Mexico to the not-on-radar nations like Cuba and Puerto Rico, and other Central/South American nations, especially Brazil.

While the majority of gun crime in South Africa is committed against blacks, mainly by Asians or Whites - and there are plenty of African nations with minimal gun crime: and those that register highly often do so in the wake of civil war, i.e. Ivory Coast & Senegal.

It's amazing what claims you can make if you skip a metric fuckton of important detail...

BBS Signature
Hyperwave
Hyperwave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 13:00:01 Reply

At 11/17/07 12:50 PM, D2Kvirus wrote:
And I said it's patently false: and, for your information, lumping the entire Latino world into one homogeneous mass is far more assholish, as well as simplified with an undercurrent of passing the buck on society's problems on the nearest available non-white faction.

Very true, but I was using American Blacks and Latinos as a baseline. Your analysis on the rest of the minority population is correct however in America the minorities are more likely to shoot someone than a white guy.

As well as being patently false: for a start, the highest gun murder rates in Europe are from Eastern European nations, not Spain, Portugal or Italy. And there appears to be a massive drop off from Columbia and Mexico to the not-on-radar nations like Cuba and Puerto Rico, and other Central/South American nations, especially Brazil.

True.

While the majority of gun crime in South Africa is committed against blacks, mainly by Asians or Whites - and there are plenty of African nations with minimal gun crime: and those that register highly often do so in the wake of civil war, i.e. Ivory Coast & Senegal.

True.

It's amazing what claims you can make if you skip a metric fuckton of important detail...

I was focusing on the U.S.

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 13:25:26 Reply

Does everyone in Amercia have a small penis or suffers from major inferiority complexes?

No. I grew up in a poor rural area. I knew many families who depended upon hunting for food. Furthermore, we did not have adequate police coverage so we had to depend upon ourselves for protection from the criminal element where I grew up.

Don't say hunting what good is an assult rifle for hunting deer? Do you even have wild animals after all you urban development?

Actually an AK-47 is a perfectly acceptable firearm to hunt deer. Again, you show your ignorance of what you speak. The 7.62x39 is powerful enough to take down a deer with one shot, but not so powerful that if you miss you run the risk of hitting something you don't want to hit (a farmhouse, another hunter, etc). Furthermore, we are not talking about fully automatic fire. Also, while we can hunt with an AK or M-16, we can only have a 5 round magazine so we're not talking about bannana clips and drum mags.

Not only does it appear you have little knowledge of firearms, but you also have no idea about the geography of my country. We are not as highly urbanizied as you think. I live in Missouri, we have more rural areas than we have urban areas with abundant wildlife.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 13:28:55 Reply

At 11/15/07 09:59 PM, Euroc wrote:
The irony of that is that, according to cellardoor6 et al, only blacks and latinos are a risk when you hand them a firearm.

Again, D2K you show up making these posts conflating multiple arguments together in an attempt to discredit my argument even though you offer no substance to the discussion.

But, then again, saying gun control is racist is just as patently false, and just another label to toss out to avoid coming up with an argument (just like all too eagerly misquoting a section of the Second Amendment).

Did you even read the article I linked to?

And to bring up "misquoting the second amendment" again after I so thouroughly thrashed your argument. But then again, you think a source such as wikipedia that has been proved to be highly unreliable trumps direct quotes from the Constitiution...

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 13:38:29 Reply

At 11/17/07 12:41 PM, Hyperwave wrote:
And I said it's patently false: and, for your information, lumping the entire Latino world into one homogenous mass is far more assholish, as well as simplified with an undercurrent of passing the buck on socity's problems on the nearest available non-white faction.

Here you go again, now you're playing the race card and conflating your argument to sound substantive when it is so obviously weak. In the US (the country that Cellar et al were discussing) they tend to be more poor and undereducated as a whole. These, not guns, are highly correlated with being the cause of crime.

This is simple reality and is not passing the buck for society's problems. These are issues that we tackle as a country with no simple answer. However, more gun control than we have at this time will not solve the fundamental problems.

As well as being patently false: for a start, the highest gun mrder rates in Europe are from Eastern European nations, not Spain, Portugal or Italy. And there appears to be a massive drop off from Columbia and Mexico to the not-on-radar nations like Cuba and Puerto Rico, and other Central/South American nations, especially Brazil.

So? Totally irrelevant to the discussion at hand. You really think yourself a master of obfuscation don't you? Unfortunately for you, you're not very good at it.

Again...irrelevant.

Actually that's a metric fuckton of phenomenon that is totally irrelevant to the argument at hand and proves nothing.

Well nothing except that you'll grasp at straws to make your insubstantial and often patently wrong and out of touch with reality your arguments on this topic tend to be...

BBS Signature
D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 13:41:26 Reply

At 11/17/07 01:00 PM, Hyperwave wrote:
And I said it's patently false: and, for your information, lumping the entire Latino world into one homogeneous mass is far more assholish, as well as simplified with an undercurrent of passing the buck on society's problems on the nearest available non-white faction.
Very true, but I was using American Blacks and Latinos as a baseline. Your analysis on the rest of the minority population is correct however in America the minorities are more likely to shoot someone than a white guy.

But on a state-by-state basis, this cannot be said: although you can point to the large Mexican minorities in Texas and California as proof you can blame Mexicans, why is it Arizona and New Mexico are so far behind?

Using this site and this site, the breakdown of ethnioc populations doesn't fit the stereotype. I'll post them here for the top five states on the latter list:

California
1. Mexican 22.2%
2. German 9.8 %
3. Irish 7.7%
4. English 7.4%
5. African American 5.1%

Texas
1. Mexican 22.6%
2. German 9.9%
3. African American 8.7%
4. Irish 7.2%
5. American 7.2%

New York
1. Italian 14.4%
2. Irish 12.9%
3. German 11.2%
4. African American 7.7%
5. English 6%

Florida
1. German 11.8%
2. Irish 10.3%
3. English 9.2%
4. African American 8.6%
5. American 7.8%

Illinois
1. German 19.6%
2. Irish 12.2%
3. African American 11.5%
4. Mexican 8.2%
5. Polish 7.5%

New York and Florida have similar gun murder statistics, yet a very different ehtnic makeup, so you can't simply blame it on minorities.

However, one minority does stick out: Irish.

The cities in the UK with the highest murder rates are Belfast, Glasgow, Manchester and Merseyside all have high crime rates, and all have large Irish immigrant populations (apart from Belfast, obviously) - although in Belfast and Glasgow the violence is along Sectarian lines and, furthermore, gangs.

Yet the same can't be said for London or the West Midlands, which have the second and third highest number of crimes (after Greater Manchester), and again you can't blame Afro-Carribians for all as, while you can in inner-city London, you cannot for the other two (the largest immigrant community in the Midlands is Indio-Pakistani).

In short, you can't blame one grou, or the same couple of groups, wholesale as there is no real pattern in community size - after all, it's saying that a much smaller ethnic community would be working twice as hard in one area to catch up with another, which is ludicrous.

I was focusing on the U.S.

As was I: immigration is constantly blamed, yet this would imply that a person is a happy Cuban back home in Havana, but when they move to the US the Murderous Latino gene is no longer dormant, which is what I was saying. Again, this seems to be the implication, which is less an argument, more a joke at a psychologst's convention.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 14:08:39 Reply

At 11/17/07 01:41 PM, D2Kvirus wrote:
At 11/17/07 01:00 PM, Hyperwave wrote:
New York and Florida have similar gun murder statistics, yet a very different ehtnic makeup, so you can't simply blame it on minorities.
A bunch of irrelevant information on the UK.

In short, you can't blame one grou, or the same couple of groups, wholesale as there is no real pattern in community size - after all, it's saying that a much smaller ethnic community would be working twice as hard in one area to catch up with another, which is ludicrous.

Very true, and not something we're arguing is the end all and be all of crime. In the US these are communities that tend to be more poor and undereducated than surrounding white populations. It is not necessarily these racial groups that are genetically more prone to murdering each other, but rather deeper social problems such as urban blight and access to education.

As was I: immigration is constantly blamed, yet this would imply that a person is a happy Cuban back home in Havana, but when they move to the US the Murderous Latino gene is no longer dormant, which is what I was saying. Again, this seems to be the implication, which is less an argument, more a joke at a psychologst's convention.

See, you're conflating the argument away from what we're saying. A Cuban may not be a criminal back home, but say he comes to the US and he cannot find a job and is stuck with fewer options than he had in Cuba. It is perfectly reasonable to expect that an immigrant will feel excluded from the rest of society.

Again you're conflating the argument and ascribing arguments to the other side, that are not being made. All in an attempt to make it sound like you have more backing you up than...well nothing.

BBS Signature
lumpypaint
lumpypaint
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-17 17:11:23 Reply

Cellar Door is F***en awesome.

If Arbok is a Cobra, and Ekans is a Snake...

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-18 01:30:03 Reply

Wow, yet again D2kvirus keeps talking crap about things after he has already been proved wrong about it all, and caught lying about it all several times, documented here.

Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
Euroc
Euroc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-18 11:42:03 Reply

Since you have the right to bear arms why stop at guns, why not start buying tanks and crusie milliles, I'll bet a criminal will think twice about robbing your house if they see a large truck with a 20 meter missile on the top of it, or why not even get yourself a nuke bet you will feel real safe when you own something capable of destroying the entire town you live in.
Mabye they ment for the 2nd amendment to be taken literaly, you have the right to bear (the animal) arms (the things you use to complete a number of tasks), not bear arms.

You guys remember Crocodile Dundee? There was an aussie with some balls. What happened to them? Their balls I mean... all of them.

I'm sorry, low blow I know. Payback for the small dick joke! Truth is it really is not about compensation. There is something about a firearm... not even the power behind it. Just the way it feels. The cold metal. The way it sounds when you chamber a round. The way each gun has it's own anthropomorphic personality. Taking one apart, oiling it and putting it back together. That is why I like guns. They are like small machines that anyone can understand. You may never understand... It's kind of like discribing the taste of chocolate to someone who has never had it. It just isn't entirely possible.

Oh, and by the way. Interpret your own damn constitution... we'll do the same with ours.

Euroc
Euroc
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-18 11:44:14 Reply

At 11/17/07 11:09 AM, TheMason wrote:
That's why I think the solution to Darfur is to provide small arms (AK-47s and RPGs) to the Africans who are falling prey to the Arabs. (Darfur is less of a religious conflict and more of an ethnic conflict. While at first it was a Christian/Muslim thing, the Janjanaweed [sp?] militias, which are descendants of Arabs, have started murdering non-Arab Muslims as well.)

Good plan. That would be far better than just destroying old weapons. Too bad it makes too much sense or else our government woud implement it. Its bullshit that the genecide is still going on anyway.

therealsylvos
therealsylvos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-18 11:47:32 Reply

For protection and sport.

whats that got to do with anything?

no i am scared of the very real threat of burglary or civil unrest.

have you ever hunted in your life? of course not so shut up. and second, you think people who live in the city never leave it for a vacation? tard.

Simple the nuke the only way i can use it is to harm everyone else, including myself, making it redundant.

perhaps you are a retard who knows jack shit.

TANSTAAFL.
I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-18 20:57:18 Reply

At 11/18/07 04:30 PM, Grammer wrote:
At 11/16/07 11:03 PM, TheMason wrote: Implicitly I think some people like D2K is making the argument for a universal ban.
You can't tell someone what they believe. Either he directly said he wants to ban guns, or you don't know.

I'm just saying that implicit in his argument is the idea that a universal gun ban is what he would see. I could be wrong though, however just remember that while I may be wrong about what I've read into his posts...you could be just as wrong climbing upon your high horse in his defense.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-18 21:30:07 Reply

At 11/18/07 09:04 PM, TheMason wrote: So what are the gun laws in Germany and Finland?

Well the gun laws in Finland are lax compared to other European countries.

But Germany's gun laws are tight as hell, and they've had several massacres. Most notably the Erfurt Massacre, where 16 people were killed.

The funny thing was, this was AFTER columbine, in which less people were killed, yet nobody ever mentions it. They just want to pretend as if Columbine was caused by lax guns laws... yet countries with tight gun control have had similar massacres.

Seriously, before I mentioned it, had any of you even heard about the Erfurt Massacre?

Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters:
-The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda.
-Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-11-19 10:51:07 Reply

At 11/18/07 09:30 PM, cellardoor6 wrote:
At 11/18/07 09:04 PM, TheMason wrote:
Seriously, before I mentioned it, had any of you even heard about the Erfurt Massacre?

Yes, but I don't usually like getting into the US vs rest of the world arguments...

BBS Signature