New Topic Respond to this Topic
Ziffo
Ziffo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 15:20:54 Reply

Well, I must agree that gun control does not really work and has not ever been documentated to do so, as far as I know. I also understand that people might be scared that many people in the United States have the right to own firearms and in 36 out of the 50 states, people are allowed to carry a consealed firearm.

Most people would problaby be pretty frightend by the thought of having most people on the streets armed with deadly instruments, not to mention how many of these people might be nutcases and that perhaps just you -- might be their next target. The majority would problaby come to think that most people in these states live in terror, I wouldn't say that... as a matter of fact, consealed firearms in the United States are used 2 to maybe 3 times more for justice than to commit crime.

You've problaby heard all about different gun accidents and school shoot-outs, yet the media might make it seem as if thousands of people die all the time with the use of firearms, and often do they circulate around the use of assault weapons and or modified assault weapons.
To define an assault rifle is kind of hard, but you can problaby jump to the conclusion that these weapons have the ability to select fire (toggle fullauto etc...). Often what is defined as assault weapons, military weapons or machine guns in the media are semi-automatic sports weapons.

The myth wich usually is debated with the talks about assault weapons, is that semi automatic sports weapons are modified to fire fullauto. This is so rare that it can be considered a lie. To modify a semi-automatic rifle to fire full-auto is no joke and requires extensive knowlage, tools, experience and materials to substitute full-auto gun parts. It is an extremly rare case that police haul in assault rifles from criminals that originally was a semi-automatic sports weapon.

Gun control like banning specific weapons and ammunition is very hard, as if you ban for example a WASR-10 (romanian AK clone) because it is an assault weapon would mean to ban tens of thousands of other weapons wich would problaby not be considered assault weapons because of the exterior appereance.

What I'm trying to say is that many weapons may appear as military weapons, yet they're only semi sporting or hunting guns. Such restrictions and other taxes and so on, have never been documentated to have any effectiveness or give any results. Why you might ask? Well, to put in other terms, restricting weapons usually doesn't affect criminals since they usually can get their firearms bought from some other source or on the streets.

It has been proven through times that gun control takes away weapons from those who need them the most, those who need to protect themselves. What makes criminals scared is often not the police or jail, but a fellow citizen, who's armed and at the ready to use it to preserve freedom.

I would like to conclude that gun control is poo, but still I find it important to maybe tension up some laws and fight gunrunners simaltaniously (wich is far from easy). This is because gun control is not the right way to go in most cases, of course the laws must aply to guns to some extent. What is important is to deny weapons to those who aren't fit to own and handle them, and use a lot more resources to fight gunrunners and the black marked, wich up untill now has been an extremly good business.

I'm not trying to convince any one with this, but I just wanted to share some info and thoughts, I hope I haven't repeated so much of what's already been said on this thread as I didn't read all the posts. =P I hope some one might take the info and thoughts into consideration. =)

If you want to look up the source of this information, I'd suggest to check out: Gun Myths (YouTube) and Truth about semi autos (YouTube).

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 15:31:01 Reply

If banning assault weapons doesn't work, then why do cops unanimously (pretty much...) support it?

"Among the many law enforcement organization that supported the ban are the Law Enforcement Steering Committee, the Fraternal Order of Police, the National Sheriffs' Association, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the Major City Chiefs Association, the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, the National Association of Police Organizations, the Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association, the National Black Police Association, the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, the Police Executive Research Forum, and the Police Foundation." (http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/faqs/?pag e=awb)

And there's evidence that the ban works:

"a study by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence (formerly the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence) found that, in Maryland, whose ban on assault pistols took effect in June 1994, the number of assault pistols recovered by Baltimore police in the first six months of 1995 fell by 45 percent from the first six months of 1994."

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 18:59:43 Reply

At 4/29/07 01:18 PM, JerkClock wrote:
At 4/29/07 09:36 AM, Elfer wrote:
Murder is not the best option to avoid jail.
Correct, but not all robbers are smart.

So they should all be killed to be on the safe side?

JerkClock
JerkClock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 20:46:32 Reply

At 4/29/07 06:59 PM, Elfer wrote:

I prefer to shoot them in the crotch and hands, and have them live to suffer.

EKublai
EKublai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Animator
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 21:41:17 Reply

here are some stats from the national center for health statistics, a branch of CDC.

there were 23632 homocide deaths in the U.S in 1988-1992 annually 15769 of those were firearm death, that's about 66.7%.

I don't like seeing this boys.

BBS Signature
cellardoor6
cellardoor6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 21:46:53 Reply

At 4/29/07 09:41 PM, EKublai wrote: here are some stats from the national center for health statistics, a branch of CDC.

there were 23632 homocide deaths in the U.S in 1988-1992 annually 15769 of those were firearm death, that's about 66.7%.

I don't like seeing this boys.

And only a small amount of those gun crimes were committed by legal gun owners, therefore tighter gun laws regarding legal firearm purchase don't address the problem.

Yay, Obama won. Let's thank his supporters: -The compliant mainstream media for their pro-Obama propaganda. -Black Panthers for their intimidation of voters.

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 22:57:46 Reply

At 4/29/07 03:31 PM, HighlyIllogical wrote: If banning assault weapons doesn't work, then why do cops unanimously (pretty much...) support it?

well, do you have a reference? I can say most cops support going to the zoo twice a month, but without an article it means nothing here.

"a study by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence (formerly the Center to Prevent Handgun Violence) found that, in Maryland, whose ban on assault pistols took effect in June 1994, the number of assault pistols recovered by Baltimore police in the first six months of 1995 fell by 45 percent from the first six months of 1994."

the brady center would consider beating criminals with salami loaves if they thought they could further their gun ban agenda.

assault pistols? you mean like a mac-10? funny, but "finding" less assault pistols doesn't mean jack shit. I found less snakes last year than this year, but snakes aren't on the endangered speciest list, now are they? it could be that criminals are getting smarter about carrying them.

also that is one spot. if you wanna play that game, then look in the UK who's gun crime has doubled since their gun ban.

I'm not crazy, everyone else is.

Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 23:25:40 Reply

At 4/29/07 01:15 PM, Korriken wrote:
well if they crawl through the doggy door, then they might be pretty freaking small, and you must be pretty freaking stupid to not have a lock on it.

People leave the key in the door when they lock it at night. Not hard to reach up, grab the key and unlock the door. I should know I've done it more than once.

of course, anyone with an IQ of about 1.3 would know to lock your windows and doors at night.

So are you telling me after a night out getting wasted with friends that you have never forgot to lock the doors or windows? Dont think so.

and the only way through a locked window is by force, and breaking glass makes a LOT of noise.

Not with spark plug ceramic it wont. It just shatters. Makes more noise hitting the ground than acually shattering. Which isn't much.

and yes i HAVE had a man come through my window at night before. He wound up with game shot in his side. Was he armed? he had a large knife, but I wasn't about to take any chances.

Obviously I’m not going to believe you.

If someone breaks into your house, the others in your house should know to stay put and let you handle the situation, if you are the person with the gun. that way, there isn't any accidental deaths.

That's bullshit and you know it. Especially when you have teenagers who think they are invincible.

If you keep your place locked up, there isn't any way for a criminal to get in without you knowing about it. if they DO get in, you will hear it, and you will be able to defend yourself.

knock, knock
"Yes"
Whack!
"Nice CD player, mine now"
Doesn't even have to be at night.

Of course, a professional criminal PROBABLY won't try busting in while you're at home, unless he has murder in his mind as well, which isn't too likely. a simple robbery barely gets any investigation, but a murder the cops go all out. Also, if no one is home, no one is there to see or hear you, making the robbery a hell of a lot easier, since you can get in, get the goods, then get out without having to be too quiet about it.

You'd be surprised.

However, some people are simply not that clever, and figure to break in while everyone is home.... that's when you need a gun to blast em into oblivion and be done with it.

Uh huh?

"Hey there son, what are you doing?"
"Daddy, I've just found this cool BB gun"
"WAIT! NO THATS NOT A-"
BANG!

I suppose that we are both arguing over a gamble. Who pounces first and who wins. You assume you will get him first where I differ. I just can't see a tired, uncoordinated, person who is unconfirmed whether its a prowler or not, to a prepared, adrenalin pumping burglar. And its not just a gamble on who hits who first, this guy could have a 6 inch knife, or a Uzi 9mm. He may of not finished school or he could have gone to university who has hit a shed full of bad luck.

Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 23:44:46 Reply

At 4/29/07 11:25 PM, Brick-top wrote:
At 4/29/07 01:15 PM, Korriken wrote:
People leave the key in the door when they lock it at night. Not hard to reach up, grab the key and unlock the door. I should know I've done it more than once.

Freaking stupid. my point.

of course, anyone with an IQ of about 1.3 would know to lock your windows and doors at night.
So are you telling me after a night out getting wasted with friends that you have never forgot to lock the doors or windows? Dont think so.

I don't get wasted.

and the only way through a locked window is by force, and breaking glass makes a LOT of noise.
Not with spark plug ceramic it wont. It just shatters. Makes more noise hitting the ground than acually shattering. Which isn't much.

hmm, do you mean throwing the spark plug ceramic through the window? I'll have to try it.

Obviously I’m not going to believe you.

of course not.

That's bullshit and you know it. Especially when you have teenagers who think they are invincible.

well, some people are stupid...

knock, knock
"Yes"
Whack!
"Nice CD player, mine now"
Doesn't even have to be at night.

well if you open a door without knowing who is on the outside, then you deserve a blow to the head. any time anyone knocks on my door i see who it is well before opening it. and if i don't know em, I got a pistol at my side. if they are holding something in their hand I simply won't open the door. if they try to force the door, they get shot. simple. of course I don't think my gun would penetrate the door and still have enough force to harm the person too much, but that bang will send a lot of people scurrying.

You'd be surprised.

probably

I suppose that we are both arguing over a gamble. Who pounces first and who wins. You assume you will get him first where I differ. I just can't see a tired, uncoordinated, person who is unconfirmed whether its a prowler or not, to a prepared, adrenalin pumping burglar.

you'd be amazed at what people can do when it comes to defending themselves and their families. and yeah it is a gamble. However if it keeps me safe at night, i refuse to give it up.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-29 23:49:15 Reply

At 4/29/07 08:46 PM, JerkClock wrote:
At 4/29/07 06:59 PM, Elfer wrote:

I prefer to shoot them in the crotch and hands, and have them live to suffer.

Well, at least you're a humanitarian.

Leeloo-Minai
Leeloo-Minai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-30 04:41:22 Reply

At 4/29/07 11:48 AM, D2Kvirus wrote:
At 4/28/07 01:40 PM, LazyDrunk wrote:
No, it says, word for word, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Shall not be infringed? Sounds pretty clear to me. You probably read "well-regulated" as "government-regulated", which would be typical and understandable.
Of what, understanding the English language?

"the people", as defined in our Consitution, are not "the military". Or "the cops".

Is English your first language, kiddo?

At what point in that sentence does it say Joe Public can buy a gun at K Mart?

I quoted you. You said that. Don't you remember? Probably not, judging from your post history.

At what point is a guy in suburbia helping the upkeep of a Free State

When he successfully defends his life and property from a person acting outside the law.

Can you understand that?

Don't bother responding, your rhetoric just sucks.

That is NOT part of a weel-regulated militai, so therefore the person should not have a gun. It says it right there. In fact, I'll break it down into the meat and bones.
* Well-regulated militia.
* Necessary.
* Security of Free State.

"The people"

Who did the Americans happen to be fighting with at the time the Constitution and the Bill of Rights were drafted? Here's a hint, it wasn't Martians.

Check out the articles of confederation. I doubt you've heard of them.

The constitution and the declaration of independence are two seperate articles, don't ya know?

For example, do you thing Cho Seung-hui could've convinced the gunstore owner/clerk he was forming a militia?
Yea. So know what kind of point did you plan on making?
Easy.

CS-h: "Can I buy a gun, please?"
GSO: "Are you a member of a well-orginised and regulated militia?"
CS-h: "Well, no, but..."
GSO: "Get the fuck out of my store!"

Unles she had a faked ID, but that's a different can of worms...

That's your point, huh? I guess you showed me.

YOu'd be better off arguing he shouldn't've had a gun on long-term resident alien grounds, as the constitution then wouldn't afford him the right to own a gun as a free individual. It's a hard concept to swallow for someone as placated as you seem to want to portray, so I'll let it be at that.

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-30 10:13:23 Reply

The important part of the second amendment is "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The part about "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State" is just justification for the clause.

Basically, it reads "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, what with a well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state and all."

A militia doesn't actually have to exist for the right to be granted.

Cheekyvincent
Cheekyvincent
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-30 15:16:49 Reply

(theatre)
Oh yes it does

TheMason
TheMason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-04-30 17:08:30 Reply

At 4/29/07 03:31 PM, HighlyIllogical wrote: If banning assault weapons doesn't work, then why do cops unanimously (pretty much...) support it?

"Among the many law enforcement organization that supported the ban are the Law Enforcement Steering Committee, the Fraternal Order of Police, the National Sheriffs' Association, the International Association of Chiefs of Police, the Major City Chiefs Association, the International Brotherhood of Police Officers, the National Association of Police Organizations, the Hispanic American Police Command Officers Association, the National Black Police Association, the National Organization of Black Law Enforcement Executives, the Police Executive Research Forum, and the Police Foundation." (http://www.bradycampaign.org/facts/faqs/?pag e=awb)

You actually contradict yourself here. The assault weapons ban was geared towards rifles rather than pistols. What was banned in regards to pistols under the 1994 law was the manufacture of high capacity magazines. What do they classify as an assault pistol? I have never heard that term applied to a pistol by anyone who knows anything about firearms...sounds like something made-up by the anti-gun crowd.

But the argument that the assault weapon ban is irrational is that less than 1% of crimes is committed by people armed with rifles. Now to educate you a little bit, a shot gun is NOT a rifle. A rifle is a firearm that is only capable of firing a bullet, while a shot gun fires either a) shot (multiple lead or metal projectiles) or b) a slug (one massive lead projectile). Another difference is the inside of a shotgun barrel is smooth while a rifle barrel is rifled (hence the name) which makes the bullet spin giving it greater accuracy.

Now back to my point; rifles are used in less than 1% of firearms crime. The vast majority are handguns and shotguns. Quite simply assault rifles are not practial in the commission of crimes. Check out this article that I often cite:

SOURCE

Debunking conspiracy theories for the New World Order since 1995... " I hereby accuse you attempting to silence me..." --PurePress

BBS Signature
D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 11:56:41 Reply

At 4/29/07 01:06 PM, Korriken wrote:
so you see here, that a militia is an army of ordinary citizens. who are ordinary citizens? everyone!

And their necessity to state security is...?

Sorry, is this somehow going over your head? At what point is Joe Public owning a gun helping state security? At what point is he part of a militia, as opposed to A Guy With A Gun? Are you even reading your own dictionary flame? Let's take a second look:

1. An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.
2. A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.
3. The whole body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service.

So...having a gun in your house in case of prowlers is helping national security...how? And, as I said, the second fits the Army Reserve perfectly.

Which of the following aren't you reading properly:
1.) My posts.
2.) The Constitution/Bill of Rights.
3.) Dictionary.com
4.) What you're typing.

God, guns and ignorance always go hand-in-hand, don't they?

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship Never underestimate the significance of "significant." NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 12:44:39 Reply

At 5/2/07 11:56 AM, D2Kvirus wrote:
At 4/29/07 01:06 PM, Korriken wrote:
so you see here, that a militia is an army of ordinary citizens. who are ordinary citizens? everyone!
And their necessity to state security is...?

...?

Sorry, is this somehow going over your head? At what point is Joe Public owning a gun helping state security?

At what point does Joe Public need to prove to someone they are helping the security of the state?

You seem to have this notion that Joe Public doesn't have any rights unless he can prove to a foreigner he's contributing to society.

At what point is he part of a militia, as opposed to A Guy With A Gun?

Why are you making those two terms mutually exclusive?

Are you even reading your own dictionary flame? Let's take a second look:

1. An army composed of ordinary citizens rather than professional soldiers.

aka, guys with guns.

2. A military force that is not part of a regular army and is subject to call for service in an emergency.

That's called selective service. That is not militia. You use the term service in an erroneous manner. Why?

3. The whole body of physically fit civilians eligible by law for military service.

Yes.

So...having a gun in your house in case of prowlers is helping national security...how? And, as I said, the second fits the Army Reserve perfectly.

I've already answered that question, but you, as usual, have ignored it like the blockhead you love to portray.

Protecting his family and property from non-law-abiding citizens / unconstitutional government action / foreign invasion.

Can you demonstrate to me beyond a reasonable doubt that guns are more detrimental to society in respect to their beneficiality?

You haven't yet, and you won't be able to in the future. But try, I like seeing a 12,000 deaths a stat vs the mountain of evidence supporting the right of the people to keep and bear arms.

Which of the following aren't you reading properly:
1.) My posts.
2.) The Constitution/Bill of Rights.
3.) Dictionary.com
4.) What you're typing.

You shouldn't be suck a dick, you're arguments aren't nearly strong enough to warrant such prickish comments.

That's my opinion, don't take it eprsonally, I just want to help you.

God, guns and ignorance always go hand-in-hand, don't they?

Yes they do ;)

We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 12:47:25 Reply

At 5/2/07 12:44 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: You shouldn't be suck a dick, you're arguments

Too tired this morning...

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 13:04:06 Reply

At 4/24/07 06:33 PM, novel wrote: Drugs are illegal and people are still able to use them, so how would making guns illegal be any different?

That's a really good question. I wonder if anyone can answer that.

Can anyone answer that?

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 21:35:06 Reply

At 5/2/07 01:04 PM, LazyDrunk wrote:
That's a really good question. I wonder if anyone can answer that.

Can anyone answer that?

I can! it won't be any different. as long as people desire something there will be a market for it, legal or otherwise.

considering that cocaine is VERY rarely grown in america at best, and worst case is it's never grown in america.

However, there are millions of coke and crack addicts in america today.

Also don't forget that Opiates is a major problem and it's illegal as well.

if we can't stop drug smuggling, how will we stop gun smuggling?

Elfer
Elfer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 22:23:19 Reply

At 5/2/07 01:04 PM, LazyDrunk wrote: That's a really good question. I wonder if anyone can answer that.

Can anyone answer that?

No, not really.

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 22:30:25 Reply

At 5/2/07 09:35 PM, Korriken wrote:
if we can't stop drug smuggling, how will we stop gun smuggling?

With sensible gun laws, duh.

Gosh, did anyone else know that 12,000 people die EVERY year in America, due to GUNS ALONE?!

I know, it's outrageous. But look at America where guns are a problem. Look. SEE!!!!

Gun Control Does Not Work (proof)

BBS Signature
HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 22:41:46 Reply

Hmm...

Gee...last figures I saw from the Feds suggested 30,000 gun deaths...
Most of them could have been prevented with sensible control and strong enforcement!

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 22:44:14 Reply

At 5/2/07 10:41 PM, HighlyIllogical wrote: Hmm...

Most of them could have been prevented with sensible control and strong enforcement!

Agreed!

Hey where'd D2K go? For that matter, where did all his euphorian idealism go? I liked the smell of his posts, like chamomile with a pinch of taint.

BBS Signature
Draconias
Draconias
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 22:47:22 Reply

Prevented? Probably not. Transmuted into knife or other weapon deaths? Sure. If someone wants to kill another person, they'll do it regardless of access to guns or other weapons. Limited legal guns only instills confidence in the would-be murderer or burglar.

HighlyIllogical
HighlyIllogical
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 22:50:44 Reply

Many gun crimes are committed with legal guns...stolen legal guns or legal guns shadily resold, for example.

A gun kept in the home is 27X more likely to be used in a suicide or to kill a friend or family member than to kill/injure a criminal...

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 23:09:27 Reply

At 5/2/07 10:50 PM, HighlyIllogical wrote:
A gun kept in the home is 27X more likely to be used in a suicide or to kill a friend or family member than to kill/injure a criminal...

More likely than what exactly?

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-02 23:13:22 Reply

Let's just disarm cops.

After all, I have a link.

BBS Signature
SolInvictus
SolInvictus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-03 00:07:33 Reply

At 5/2/07 10:50 PM, HighlyIllogical wrote: Many gun crimes are committed with legal guns...stolen legal guns or legal guns shadily resold, for example.

many, but many more are committed with illegal acquired arms. as far as the stolen and resold guns: well they aren't quite legal anymore. have fun when people start stealing from gun cartels.

VESTRUM BARDUSIS MIHI EXTASUM Heathenry; it's not for you "calling atheism a belief is like calling a conviction belief"

BBS Signature
SadisticMonkey
SadisticMonkey
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Art Lover
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-03 07:06:55 Reply

At 5/2/07 11:09 PM, LazyDrunk wrote:
At 5/2/07 10:50 PM, HighlyIllogical wrote:
More likely than what exactly?

He is saying it is more likely for the gun to be used to commit suicide or kill a friend/family member

than it is

to be used to kill/injure a criminal.

At 8/16/14 11:58 PM, Feoric wrote: Remember: he was shot in the back 35 feet away from the police cruiser. That's not up for debate.

BBS Signature
Korriken
Korriken
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Gamer
Response to Gun Control Does Not Work (proof) 2007-05-03 09:37:02 Reply

ORLY? so you're saying that: Although drug laws do little to nothing to prevent abuse from controlled substances, which addict and kill millions of americans, that "gun laws" will have a magical effect on criminals and make them put down their guns and that taking guns away from law abiding citizens will help curbs violent deaths?

That is the dumbest shit i've heard in years. if you ban guns, then a black market opens up and people start making guns in other countries and smuggle them in for criminals to buy JUST LIKE DRUGS. In the end you have unarmed civilians, armed criminals, and a government trying to figure out what went wrong.