00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vaittus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

C.O.W - Creature of the week #24

10,306 Views | 116 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-17 17:42:47

At 4/17/07 05:06 PM, Razac wrote: copy as in draw your own version of it? yea sure go ahead

and heres the full one

the psd is 120 meg but i got the jpg down to 1.5 meg

i noticed imageshack is running a bit slow today....have patients : )

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/1976/shark eaterbiggo3.jpg

Looks like a Megalodon, which was a predecessor to the Modern Shark.
I like the drawing and the colours, and unless someone wlse will impress me, youve got my vote.
i dont think im gonna draw anything for this COW, i have more or less given up on Electronic art, and im currently using the traditional Pen and Pencil way of drawing.
Hoping to buy a scanner soon...

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-17 17:50:37

holy crap...thats one big shark thing!!!

i just searched it on google.....blown away at the sizes of some of the teeth found...

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-17 18:01:50

At 4/17/07 05:41 PM, Razac wrote: hehe nice one

I know it looks like crap =D

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-17 18:44:48

Razac, your art is awesome. Can you give us some step-by-step drawings, much like with your Illidan, but slightly more in-depth?
I liked Dash's idea of having something smaller eating the big one. Just like with the grim Reaper look-a-likes, the bigger-badder creature is a bit predictable "What can eat a big fish??" "A bigger fish!".
Anyway, I intend to have a shark come out of the water for a part, but a sharks wet skin is just way too hard...I might pass for this challenge.

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-17 19:04:25

not really heres a quick and easy way....paint ur shark duplicate the layer apply plastic wrap on it.....then change the opcity / layer style of the altered shark....( hafta experiment with different plastic wrap settings, good idea to go lots of detail and about medium smoothness, depends what looks best for ur drawing..

after ur ok with the plastic wrap get the dodge tool set it to highlights.... and about 25% strength and apply it to the lighter parts of ur shark....until it looks wet

example here

---plastic wrap can be found at filters --> artistic

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-17 20:31:32

dude that's awesome, I just can't believe that someone could do that in photoshop, you should really get a job with this!!

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-17 21:43:54

At 4/17/07 06:01 PM, Dash-02 wrote:
At 4/17/07 05:41 PM, Razac wrote: hehe nice one
I know it looks like crap =D

Not at all.
Like yours fine.

Would be good if you keep improving though =)

Will you now submit regualrly?

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-17 22:33:01

I got bored after the shark and I didn't have any idea for the creature...

The Deep Sea Shadow !
It's a shadow that live under water, it love shark, so much that he eat them...

You can't see him well because it's a shadow... during a sunny day...

I'm making Signatures and Profile pictures. Want one ? Just drop by in my profile and do a request !

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 00:00:06

At 4/17/07 07:04 PM, Razac wrote:
---plastic wrap can be found at filters --> artistic

pretty nice effect makes a huge difference

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 05:38:24

The land creature is called "platypuselatus" and is a mutated version of the platypus (obviously). The sea creature is called the "goldfishyanomus" and is a mutated version of the goldfish (which is also quite obvious). The cause of their mutations dates back to the testing of nuclear weapons on bikini island. They are both competing to be on the top of the foodchain.

varjyknah peeknohr bhewbz

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 06:57:08

I tried a radically different style.
I dislike it, but unless I'll come uo with a better creature, this is my entry.

Anyway, here is the result:

Viroid-like organism H441
This organism is much like a virus, though it consists of multiple cells working together -note that they're still individual cells.
Each viroid cell feeds on the nutrients stored in living cells of aquatic animals, breaking the membrane of a cell to let all the internal nutrients flow out.
As a whole, this is also true, since it latches onto the skin, destroying the skins cells first, resulting to the skin tearing apart, spilling the intestines.
Until the skin bursts though, the 'host' creature lives on.

yes, this shark is still alive.

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 08:24:11

Ah Good to see some quality efforts this time around, hmmmm might have to pull out the big guns >.>

My Art. Enjoy Life

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 12:04:50

the rock face:

this creature looks like it is a natural part of the rock, but if a shark get close enough, the jaws snap shut at almost impossible speeds to break the sharks spine. these creatures can survive for centuries only require a shark every few years, but theres no stopping them form snacking between meals. eh?

yes, im back. with a vengence!

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 12:58:17

At 4/17/07 04:02 PM, Razac wrote: sorry final final version now....just added a few more little details and changed the colour slightly

I was going to enter... but never mind.

Seriously though, that is a killer picture. Literally. Just wow. Fucking realistic.

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 15:53:14

I PM'd JohanL about this C.O.W. and I came up with some ideas for next week. He told me to post it here.

-Creatures that creates sound
-Creatures that produces light or electricity
-Creatures with rock entity

Please tell me what you think of these ideas.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 15:57:37

Electricity....wasn't that the theme for COW 4?...or something....

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 16:00:34

thanks razac, i got a nice wallpaper now ^^

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 16:00:41

At 4/18/07 03:57 PM, Re2deemer wrote: Electricity....wasn't that the theme for COW 4?...or something....

Then the other two.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 16:01:02

At 4/18/07 03:53 PM, Bl00dRedKnife wrote: I PM'd JohanL about this C.O.W. and I came up with some ideas for next week. He told me to post it here.

-Creatures that creates sound
-Creatures that produces light or electricity
-Creatures with rock entity

Please tell me what you think of these ideas.

Creatures that create sound might pose a problem, since you can't draw sound. You can draw -or write- the suggestion of sound, but you'll have to be very good to make it look good.
Creatures that produce light or electricity? I'm totally for that. You can create cool moody pictures with those.
Rock elementals? Isn't that sound again? ; p
Anyway, sounds good to me, as long as there are other entries than an endless stream of golems...
Nothing personal against the golems, but I think those would be the easy way out. Same goes for lightning elementals for the second suggestion, actually.

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 17:33:07

At 4/18/07 04:01 PM, Orchidaceae wrote:
At 4/18/07 03:53 PM, Bl00dRedKnife wrote: -Creatures that creates sound
Creatures that create sound might pose a problem, since you can't draw sound. You can draw -or write- the suggestion of sound, but you'll have to be very good to make it look good.

I think the suggestion of sound is what it's after, like in of noise, vibrations, instruments. Or it could be creatures that receive sound.

Rock, mm. I wouldn't make it a topic, because I reckon rock elementals will crop up loads, and it's possible to put rock creatures in most topics.

like me in this one x)

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 17:57:54

At 4/18/07 05:33 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Rock, mm. I wouldn't make it a topic, because I reckon rock elementals will crop up loads, and it's possible to put rock creatures in most topics.
like me in this one x)

Right, but then again, my On-wer also created some lightning, so couldn't you coun't that as a coincidental overlap? You weren't required to make a rock creature for this one.

Ahem, anyway, I'm sorry for re-entering again -a bad habit, don't take me as a rolemodel.
So, err, away with the crap -I still don't like it- in with the slightly lesser crap XD

By the way, does anyone here speak dutch? If so, tell me what you think of the names I give my creatures ; P

This creature is called a Feideius neiaahii
This creature -tail included- is about as long as a small child is tall, max. Therefore, it's hardly any match for a full-grown shark. This is quite a bugger, considering it does feed of them.
The sharks in the areas where these creatures live, hide their eggs to hatch in caves, alcoves, or -in case of a lazy shark- on the sea floor. Then the shark will seek much needed food, and, in a stroke of genius, forget where it put her eggs, and decide not to care.
Luckily for the Feideius, they're really terrible at hiding. Seriously.
This makes for a healthy Feideius population.

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 19:28:00

At 4/18/07 04:00 PM, TjA wrote: thanks razac, i got a nice wallpaper now ^^

lol np :P

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 19:29:00

Damn nice pic orchidaese!
I thought that sharks' young was born though?
I know tiger shark's give birth to live babies....

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 20:03:04

At 4/18/07 07:29 PM, PandaMime wrote: Damn nice pic orchidaese!
I thought that sharks' young was born though?
I know tiger shark's give birth to live babies....

Thanks.
As a rule sharks lay eggs, just as all fish do.
And, as a rule, there are exceptions. I think they were the tiger shark, and the nurse shark.
I suppose this shark is neither.

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 20:06:32

At 4/18/07 08:03 PM, Orchidaceae wrote:
Thanks.
As a rule sharks lay eggs, just as all fish do.
And, as a rule, there are exceptions. I think they were the tiger shark, and the nurse shark.
I suppose this shark is neither.

Thanks, I was just wondering =)

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 20:06:45

bnfgfghj hgjhfjkgf hghkufgj

Oh, exploitable!!!|Men of NG are faithful (most anyway) :3| "Your dressing like a stripper makes me feel pretty too."- Elder500| Siggy made by me :3

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-18 20:10:36

Here's mine I hope you guys don't think it's to bad, I'm not such a good artist. Every other weekend this new biogenectical altered whale feasts on sharks =D.

P.S. I'm sorry about the previous message I was trying to see how big a picture can be (it shoulda said that it was bigger than and say demensions) but It didn't attach the picture. Real sorry man. Hope you enjoy the picture =D

Oh, exploitable!!!|Men of NG are faithful (most anyway) :3| "Your dressing like a stripper makes me feel pretty too."- Elder500| Siggy made by me :3

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-19 02:34:37

wat is it? i cant see

varjyknah peeknohr bhewbz

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-19 04:12:39

At 4/18/07 08:10 PM, fire-weasel wrote: Here's mine

Thats not a creature thats just a dolphin or a whale type thing.
Try make an actualy creature.

-[DeviantArt]- ~The-Ninja-Monkey

BBS Signature

Response to C.O.W - Creature of the week #24 2007-04-19 08:33:40

ok...this is my first entry for C.O.W.

didnt turn out quite as i planned it..but whatever! it was fun :D

Platyhelminthes Maximus Communis

AKA The Levihatan wurm

it sleeps at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean..there are only a couple still alive, not much is known of this creature..not even it`s exact size, or origin.

Deviantcrap - PHOTOGRAPHY??

nothing but stardust

BBS Signature