New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 04:35 AM Reply

At 2/7/11 06:56 PM, Hycran wrote: Someone on NG has one of my ps3 activations (not including jerk)
whoever that person is got a free wipeout HD from me, who was it?

That's me.

Want it back? I got Wipeout for free of PS+ anyway.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 05:14 PM Reply

Been re-re-re-re-re-re-playing Oblivion lately.
Still so good after 5 years.

Before 'Bugs QQ', you either tried to play an RPG on a console, which is just retarded, or your PC is one of those grey boxes they made in 1972, and you should be ashamed for trying to play Flash games on it, never mind Oblivion.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 8th, 2011 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 2/8/11 05:14 PM, iateamexican wrote: Been re-re-re-re-re-re-playing Oblivion lately.
Still so good after 5 years.
Before 'Bugs QQ', you either tried to play an RPG on a console, which is just retarded, or your PC is one of those grey boxes they made in 1972, and you should be ashamed for trying to play Flash games on it, never mind Oblivion.

I thought it was boring, repetitive shit with dodgy AI, shitty level scaling and horrific character models.

I'm giving Skyrim a clean slate due to it not being Gamebryo, though.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 9th, 2011 @ 04:21 AM Reply

At 2/8/11 05:31 PM, TheMaster wrote: I'm giving Skyrim a clean slate due to it not being Gamebryo, though.

As much as I love Oblivion, the engine was one of its main flaws. Hopefully the new engine will be tons better. However, I'm still going to see if I can play it on PC, despite my graphics card being rather outdated now.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

Doberman
Doberman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 9th, 2011 @ 09:56 AM Reply

No Pink Knight for Castle Crashers on the Europe PSN store, sucks really, as I was going to buy it.

Nothing else interesting either although I might go and buy Dead Nation as it looked a bit interesting.

SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 9th, 2011 @ 12:23 PM Reply

I agree Oblivion had some shitty graphics, but it was still a fun game for me.

Only other issue was that it became a little too tempting to crank the difficulty down till you become an Immortal God. I know I should be more hardcore then that, but they fucking put the thing there, how can I not want to play with it?

Pros:

The best item collection ever in a game. EVAR. I'm addicted to collecting unique items, specifically armour/weapons/clothes and the sheer scale of the different armour sets, plus unique magical items (not including create your owns) is amazing. I'm still playing Oblivion years after its release and STILL finding new magical items.

Oblivion is huge. I mean seriously huge. Even after all this time, I've still not explored every cave or completed every quest (inc side quests). It might mostly be due to me not playing playstation for more then 3 hours at a time, and thus having to concentrate on one game (usually a COD based one) but I've certainatly put in plenty of man hours in the game (Total days passed in my current save: 398. Obviously waiting/sleeping affects this, but I generally avoid waiting whole 24 hour periods if I can help it. First save I got up to 180 something days passed before hardrive /life'd on me.)

Cons:

Graphics..... Need some work. Requires you to basically ignore how crap they look, especially close up.

Difficulty too tempting to change, especially when the lowest setting makes certain the only way you can possibly die is falling off from a tall height or drowning. All monsters fail when they hit you, doing very little damage. The fact its a slidy bar you can change at any point in the game is what makes it even more tempting to play around with, diluting your achievements.

Level scaling seems a bit off/clunky and the enemies generally stay the same comparitive power level as you advance. Later levels =/= more challanging, even on standard difficulty settings, which is sad.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008
Feel free to MSN me: warsmithdave@msn.com
Beware the NGSkeletonGimp! M:tG Klub.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 9th, 2011 @ 04:03 PM Reply

At 2/9/11 12:23 PM, SkeletonGimp wrote: Oblivion is huge. I mean seriously huge. Even after all this time, I've still not explored every cave or completed every quest (inc side quests).

I actually managed to beat 99% of the quests on my first run two years ago. The only ones I didn't beat was one quest where I accidentally killed the one who gave you the objective and the others were harvesting. As for the caves, I found them to be highly repetitive and not worth going to each one. If there was a cave that had absolutely nothing different to the rest, what's the point of exploring in the first place? Here's hoping Skyrim add more variety to the cave structures.

Formerly Bahamut

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 9th, 2011 @ 04:31 PM Reply

Been looking into Resistance 3.

Seems to be doing EVERYTHING right. Loving the lack of regenerating health and the return of the weapon wheel.

Makes me a bit irritated it's on a console, really, since in the end it doesn't matter how many of the little things it gets right, because it's still going to be crippled by the controller.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 10th, 2011 @ 04:37 AM Reply

At 2/9/11 04:03 PM, Bahamut wrote:

I actually managed to beat 99% of the quests on my first run two years ago. The only ones I didn't beat was one quest where I accidentally killed the one who gave you the objective and the others were harvesting. As for the caves, I found them to be highly repetitive and not worth going to each one. If there was a cave that had absolutely nothing different to the rest, what's the point of exploring in the first place? Here's hoping Skyrim add more variety to the cave structures.

The biggest issue for me I suppose is time. I just don't have the time to grind all the daedric quests (especially finding all the shit to offer to them. The brandy is the most annoying one to find atm, none of the shop keepers/inn keepers I talk to have it, haven't found it while farming around in forts and don't have any in all my fully upgraded forts. Funny considering there was loads of the stuff in my first play through?

The other side to caves is that I'm not too fussed about layout. So long as it got chests in it, there's a good chance to find magical items. Already said I'm a magical item and armour set magpie (Rosethorn, literally, has enough weapons and armour in it to equip a small town militia of about 30 men) so even crappy stuff like "Dagger of Firestike - 2pts of Fire damage on strike" gets collected simply by virtue of the fact its unique.

People might say 'sell your crappy weapons' but I don't even need the cash, by virtue of the double scroll cheat (I suck, I know.)

Still, Skyrim has my interest simply because Nords are my favourite character class.

Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body - Shalashaska-1, 2008

BBS Signature
GenocidalTendencies
GenocidalTendencies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 10th, 2011 @ 05:53 AM Reply

Playing fallout three, killzone two and killzone three beta. Picking up black ops soon really stoked to play the living shit out of that.

Facebook
"Man creates his own reality."

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 10th, 2011 @ 10:46 AM Reply

Back playing GT5 now, won some big races and I've got just over 8 million now. Also, I've heard that there isn't going to be any more seasonal events with big payouts :( And 1.06 had better not be massive, my install is already over 7GB.

Also, deciding on if I should preorder KZ3 or wait and see if I win the comp that I entered. Getting the Helghast edition would be awesome.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 10th, 2011 @ 11:51 AM Reply

At 2/10/11 10:46 AM, Quinny wrote: Back playing GT5 now, won some big races and I've got just over 8 million now. Also, I've heard that there isn't going to be any more seasonal events with big payouts :( And 1.06 had better not be massive, my install is already over 7GB.

Also, deciding on if I should preorder KZ3 or wait and see if I win the comp that I entered. Getting the Helghast edition would be awesome.

Pre-order anyways. If you win, sell the pre-order copy on ebay, get back some of your cash. It's safe to assume you won't win, so if you don't you're not disappointed, but if you do its all good.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Audiophile
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 10th, 2011 @ 12:11 PM Reply

I earned my first platinum trophy last night for Assassin's Creed II. Usually I won't try and earn all the trophies for one game but I enjoyed ACII enough to get them all.

At 2/10/11 04:37 AM, SkeletonGimp wrote: The biggest issue for me I suppose is time.

Good thing I played through Oblivion well before I went into full-time employment. However, I still need to play Fallout 3 as well as giving Morrowind a second chance.

Formerly Bahamut

Gobblemeister
Gobblemeister
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 11
Musician
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 10th, 2011 @ 05:20 PM Reply

At 2/9/11 09:56 AM, doberman7 wrote: No Pink Knight for Castle Crashers on the Europe PSN store, sucks really, as I was going to buy it.

It's coming, just a little later than the US Store

Also, did anyone pick up Stacked? I got it for the price of free and it's pretty nice actually. It has some nice cheeky humor and is a good distraction. I would not advise bothering if you aren't a Plus subscriber and can't get it for free though because it's definitely not worth 15 bucks.

Klik
Klik
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 12:01 AM Reply

Some of you guys should add me, I'm fun at parties, promise.

PSN: klik722

SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 04:41 AM Reply

At 2/10/11 12:11 PM, Bahamut wrote: I earned my first platinum trophy last night for Assassin's Creed II. Usually I won't try and earn all the trophies for one game but I enjoyed ACII enough to get them all.

I've yet to earn my first Platinum. Can never get round to 100% on games, mostly because.....

At 2/10/11 04:37 AM, SkeletonGimp wrote: The biggest issue for me I suppose is time.

Le sigh :/

BBS Signature
CreateAndDestroy
CreateAndDestroy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Reader
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 11th, 2011 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 2/3/11 11:58 AM, TheMaster wrote: So Killzone 3 is still going to have the no-fun-allowed, horrifically slow, almost unplayable "realistic" controls, yeah?

No thanks.

Too too true!

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 12th, 2011 @ 08:20 AM Reply

Oh god I think I'm addicted to Plants vs Zombies again.

The PS3 version being SLIGHTLY different to the PC version seems to be enough to make me sink hours into it all over again.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 13th, 2011 @ 05:40 AM Reply

Just got mass effect 2 and I'm loving it. Played original on brother's xbox and enjoyed it, still seems good even with the flaws and differences

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 13th, 2011 @ 11:38 AM Reply

At 2/13/11 05:40 AM, SkeletonGimp wrote: Just got mass effect 2 and I'm loving it. Played original on brother's xbox and enjoyed it, still seems good even with the flaws and differences

I play a little bit over the weekend, too, doing my third playthrough to set up a save for Mass Effect 3. Vanguard on Insanity, following on from doing Soldier on Normal and Adept on Insanity already.

Definitely wouldn't play it on PS3, though. Need the ME1 import for a lot of the little decisions.

BBS Signature
PowerPrower
PowerPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 13th, 2011 @ 07:36 PM Reply

I know I haven't really applied to attempt to join this club yet...but is anyone else excited at all for Marvel vs Capcom 3 tomorrow? I pulled out Street Fighter IV in an attempt to get warmed up to it all again, but I don't think the two are quite alike, save for the main mechanics of your typical fighting game moves.

Ended up getting a call saying that they're going to be doing a midnight launch at Gamestop tomorrow...which now begs the question if it'd be worth it just for the game, OR if there'd be the possibility of some nifty freebie for just going to sit around with what I'm going to guess be a sizable group of people waiting for it.

I'm sure after work tomorrow night at 8 I'll have an idea of what I want to do for this occasion. :)

Tuesday off = win for this situation

Roses are red, violets are blue. I'm gonna fuck you with a rake
Sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 19th, 2011 @ 03:41 PM Reply

So I think I'm going to finally try and get my PS3 fixed, as it's been YLoD for months now and I've just not cared enough to get it repaired, plus I don't have the stuff to do it myself (including know-how). Anyone know if there's anywhere specific I can send this slab off to get it working again, and what the exact penalties of doing so are?

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 19th, 2011 @ 06:27 PM Reply

Killzone 3 soon. Been doing that Ultimate Recruit thing as well because I was bored.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 21st, 2011 @ 06:08 AM Reply

Bought and played Dead Space 2 yesterday (finally!)

Have got up to Chapter 8.

Feelsgoodman.jpg

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 21st, 2011 @ 12:50 PM Reply

Oh I forgot about this.

http://www.ps3-themes.com/

Free PS3 themes. It's probably best if you open your internet browser and do it all on your ps3.

Some personal Favorites.

Kevin Butler
Zelda 1
Zelda 2
My current one.

Yeah there are a buttload.

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
SkeletonGimp
SkeletonGimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 21st, 2011 @ 01:10 PM Reply

At 2/21/11 12:50 PM, TheSporkLord wrote: Oh I forgot about this.

http://www.ps3-themes.com/

Free PS3 themes. It's probably best if you open your internet browser and do it all on your ps3.

As awesome as that is, and it is awesome, I'm still very happy with my newgrounds theme :D

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 25th, 2011 @ 07:15 PM Reply

Just got Killzone 3 in the post.

It's pretty much Killzone 2.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
TheSporkLord
TheSporkLord
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 26th, 2011 @ 11:29 AM Reply

At 2/25/11 07:15 PM, Dromedary wrote: Just got Killzone 3 in the post.

It's pretty much Killzone 2.

No surprise there.

I just borrowed Black Ops from a friend.

I honestly think it might be the worst shooter I've ever played. Almost on par with Kilzone 2 for me. I feel as though they took everything that was good about MW2 and said " HaHa NO. "

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner
GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge Feb. 26th, 2011 @ 04:08 PM Reply

At 2/12/11 08:20 AM, TheMaster wrote: Oh god I think I'm addicted to Plants vs Zombies again.

The PS3 version being SLIGHTLY different to the PC version seems to be enough to make me sink hours into it all over again.

Finished campaign today, doing the minigames.

Putting off doing Bobsled Bonanza. Was a fucking nightmare on the PC, and the PC version is much easier during hectic situations since you can plant quicker with the mouse than you can with the controller.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to PS3's online lounge Mar. 1st, 2011 @ 02:25 PM Reply

Thoughts?

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature