TehreTard
TehreTard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-14 16:12:01 Reply

At 5/14/07 02:21 PM, Seamonky wrote:
-Normally, I put a fan near the Xbox 360 so that the system can cool down. The intercooler for the Xbox 360 sucks ass because you are actually using more power with it on. That's quite dangerous. :/

That's why I'm afraid to buy it for my PS3. However, the reason why I want to buy it as well is because some people say that it works fine. The main vent for the PS3 is on the side, but there's also a smaller vent on the top. Should I listen to them and buy it or not?

-I heard the PS3 Home can access the Web. Is this true? :/

Actually, you can access the web with the PS3 as long as you have a connection to the internet. Via wired or wireless connection of course.

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-15 11:40:48 Reply

At 5/14/07 04:12 PM, TehreTard wrote:
-I heard the PS3 Home can access the Web. Is this true? :/
Actually, you can access the web with the PS3 as long as you have a connection to the internet. Via wired or wireless connection of course.

It is true. By home to you mean its online or the feature coming out soon? Just in case you don't know.

Also, would you like to join SeaMonkey? Because I know your an Xbox guy, but its nice to have a online veteran around.

Also, congradulations on the new level TehreTard.

LtSurge659
LtSurge659
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-16 17:58:25 Reply

D'you think they released the consoles a little too early? There were still problems even after tests... including this overheating issue.

CEO of the TimeSplitters Crew.

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-17 10:59:11 Reply

At 5/16/07 05:58 PM, LtSurge659 wrote: D'you think they released the consoles a little too early? There were still problems even after tests... including this overheating issue.

Very much so, I was content with the PS2 and would be for another few years, but Sony and Nintendo were pressured by the release of the Xbox 360. They had nothing to lose on a early release because the first Xbox was a flop.

PhilHarrsion
PhilHarrsion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-17 11:30:29 Reply

Cool, a PS3 lounge! Can I join? I have Motorstorm and Resistance.

Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-17 15:07:32 Reply

At 5/17/07 11:30 AM, PhilHarrsion wrote: Cool, a PS3 lounge! Can I join? I have Motorstorm and Resistance.

Okaly. Be sure to post every now and again, you leave it for too long or I know your not coming back and you'll be off the members list!

BlackPlastic
BlackPlastic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-17 17:36:16 Reply

Ya I have a PS3.

My PSN is plastic 7.

The games are currently own are:
resistance
ridge racer 7
motorstorm
blazing angels
fight night round 3
oblivion

You can message me but please dont send me a friend request. I only accept request from people I atually know. Im not the kind of person who will flood the friends list with people they dont even know.

BBS Signature
Morextremist
Morextremist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-17 18:22:39 Reply

?« very realted

PS3's online lounge

LtSurge659
LtSurge659
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-17 21:23:28 Reply

What's your beef with the 360.

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-18 12:24:53 Reply

At 5/17/07 05:36 PM, BlackPlastic wrote: Ya I have a PS3.

My PSN is plastic 7.

The games are currently own are:
resistance

Awesome...

ridge racer 7

Great! Brilliant graphics, so vivid, but too much like the previous games.

motorstorm

I love this game, its so addictive.

blazing angels

No comment

fight night round 3

i want this game badly, but i'm going to wait until an exclusive.

oblivion

One of the best on PS3

You can message me but please dont send me a friend request. I only accept request from people I atually know. Im not the kind of person who will flood the friends list with people they dont even know.

Yeah, I am like that, but I gave in as not many people around her are connected or have a PS3.
Welcome!

« very realted
What's your beef with the 360.

I like it. It's nice to find someone who hates the the 360 rather then the Wii or PS3 so much, or just like spoking fun at it! Also, its better then not being active!

Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-18 14:51:17 Reply

Sorry for the double.
But this is something to get fucking excited over. PS online is really beefing up.

wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-18 18:40:18 Reply

Whoops. Sorry it took me so long to join. Great club going; I'll try to be active.

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-18 18:46:57 Reply

At 5/18/07 06:40 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: Whoops. Sorry it took me so long to join. Great club going; I'll try to be active.

Thanks. I was trying to get some people here on NG in a big match on Resistance, but American and English serves differ. Which is really annoying, maybe in a firm wire update.

Also heard GTA IV was delayed for the 360...Is this also for the PS3 or was it just a big gay rumor?

LtSurge659
LtSurge659
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Writer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-18 22:00:24 Reply

At 5/18/07 06:46 PM, Abyssus wrote: Thanks. I was trying to get some people here on NG in a big match on Resistance, but American and English serves differ.

The servers for TS:FP run for both. Are there just some that do and some that don't?

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 04:41:50 Reply

At 5/18/07 10:00 PM, LtSurge659 wrote:
At 5/18/07 06:46 PM, Abyssus wrote: Thanks. I was trying to get some people here on NG in a big match on Resistance, but American and English serves differ.
The servers for TS:FP run for both. Are there just some that do and some that don't?

Yeah. Another reason I love TS. But im sure Sony will fix the problem in a firm wire update soon enough.

TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 04:51:01 Reply

So are what games of the near-future are you guys looking forward to? I can't wait till the newest Mortal Kombat & Soul Caliber come out on PS3. MK online isn't new but SC online will be interesting. Two great fighters is exactly what PS3 needs.
Other then that I can only hope that one of the 70+ MMORPG coming out in the next year is going to actually be worth buying or playing on PS3.
And on another note: Who here is going to buy the new maps for Reisistance? I can afford it and most likely will.

www.DuderEntertainment.com/ | Makin' Laughs and Kickin' Ass! >:3

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 04:55:51 Reply

At 5/19/07 04:51 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: So are what games of the near-future are you guys looking forward to? I can't wait till the newest Mortal Kombat & Soul Caliber come out on PS3. MK online isn't new but SC online will be interesting. Two great fighters is exactly what PS3 needs.

If your into that Virtua fighta5 is supposed to be a good game, not really my kind though. Tekken on PSP wore me out.

Other then that I can only hope that one of the 70+ MMORPG coming out in the next year is going to actually be worth buying or playing on PS3.

You mean Home? Becuase that also looks awesome.

And on another note: Who here is going to buy the new maps for Reisistance? I can afford it and most likely will.

Me, some new stuff is exactly what I need. Also, is there new guns being relesed?

TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 05:07:23 Reply

Virtua Fighter 5 I tried out... Wasn't my thing either.
Home looks pretty good. No doubt their'll be cybering though. lol We'll have some net-whores to deal with on PS3 now.
As for the new guns. I heard the may update was 2 new maps, more bugs/glitches fixed, and more balanceing. New weapons would be nice though however the latest petition is for a Chimara character. So instead of just editing your human soldier you can switch and edit a chimara one too. However something like that would take at least 4 months of programming and animating to do, even with a team. (Trust me, I've BETA tested(BETA Testing Halo 3 this weekend with my friend actually.) and helped made games. Times a bitch.)

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 05:13:20 Reply

As for the new guns. I heard the may update was 2 new maps, more bugs/glitches fixed, and more balanceing. New weapons would be nice though however the latest petition is for a Chimara character. So instead of just editing your human soldier you can switch and edit a chimara one too. However something like that would take at least 4 months of programming and animating to do, even with a team. (Trust me, I've BETA tested(BETA Testing Halo 3 this weekend with my friend actually.) and helped made games. Times a bitch.)

that would be great though...I have been thinking about something like that too. I also think I speant too much time on the PS3 last night, I had a dream that it got spiked.

TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 05:18:18 Reply

I played so much Resistance I had a short nightmare that my girlfriend turned into a chimara durring sex and shot me to death with bullseye. The scary part... She taged my dick.
So after that I switched to FF12 which I got pissed at after a while cause Vann looks like micheal jackson.
So then after that I just played through .Hack//GU vol.2 and beat that.
Haven't been on PS3 2 days now which is crazy for me. But thankfully me and a bunch of friends are gonna play Fall of Man on a big-ass widescreen HDTV.

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 05:26:16 Reply

At 5/19/07 05:18 AM, TheCriminalDuder wrote: I played so much Resistance I had a short nightmare that my girlfriend turned into a chimara durring sex and shot me to death with bullseye. The scary part... She taged my dick.
So after that I switched to FF12 which I got pissed at after a while cause Vann looks like micheal jackson.
So then after that I just played through .Hack//GU vol.2 and beat that.
Haven't been on PS3 2 days now which is crazy for me. But thankfully me and a bunch of friends are gonna play Fall of Man on a big-ass widescreen HDTV.

Haha! That sounds liek the kind of dream that freaks you out, and thne makes you laugh after. My favorite kind.
Do you have a hi-def at home? Maybe in collage I will save up for an 1080p...But thats a long way off.

TehreTard
TehreTard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 12:59:23 Reply

At 5/14/07 04:12 PM, TehreTard wrote: That's why I'm afraid to buy it for my PS3. However, the reason why I want to buy it as well is because some people say that it works fine. The main vent for the PS3 is on the side, but there's also a smaller vent on the top. Should I listen to them and buy it or not?

Gee guys, thanks for the helpful advice.

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 13:15:02 Reply

At 5/19/07 12:59 PM, TehreTard wrote: Gee guys, thanks for the helpful advice.

I have no idea what to do, and if I did it would be wrong. So Blargh.

TehreTard
TehreTard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 18:34:59 Reply

At 5/18/07 06:40 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote: Whoops. Sorry it took me so long to join. Great club going; I'll try to be active.

Tired of mopping the poop-deck, are we?

Since you're currently free from sailing the seven seas, try being active in Resistance already. I had to leave and create a new newgrounds clan since we couldn't invite new users with you gone.

BBS Signature
wwwyzzerdd
wwwyzzerdd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 19:00:32 Reply

At 5/19/07 06:34 PM, TehreTard wrote: Since you're currently free from sailing the seven seas, try being active in Resistance already. I had to leave and create a new newgrounds clan since we couldn't invite new users with you gone.

I'm on right now.

BBS Signature
TehreTard
TehreTard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 19:46:20 Reply

At 5/19/07 07:00 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote:
At 5/19/07 06:34 PM, TehreTard wrote: Since you're currently free from sailing the seven seas, try being active in Resistance already. I had to leave and create a new newgrounds clan since we couldn't invite new users with you gone.
I'm on right now.

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys.

I DON'T HAVE RESISTANCE ANYMORE.

Funny story, I remember playing online and I kept losing match after match. Finally, I was in a deathmatch with only Gunnery Sergeants and some private first classes (I was a colonel, so this should have been a piece of cake). I was winning at first, but eventually these fucks kept killing me with the laark and grenades every time I spawned. I was pissed all day, so that was the last straw.

I then grabbed a pair of scissors and scratched the CD.

Was this a stupid mistake or no?

BBS Signature
ArtDanVal
ArtDanVal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Melancholy
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-19 21:17:45 Reply

At 5/19/07 07:46 PM, TehreTard wrote:
...I then grabbed a pair of scissors and scratched the CD.

Very much so, and next-gen games aren't cheap either. I too get extremely frustrated on games where there's unlimited ammo and you start with every weapon, mainly because everyone whores the LAARK AKA "the noob tube"; but then again, who wouldn't? :P When that happens, I just go into ranked games where the rules are just, and there are less assholes (or so I believe).

Oh, and I'd like to join the damn club, I got my PS3 on my birthday in March and such. I only have two games right now: Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm. I beat Fall of Man in superhuman w/all skill points yesterday, so I have the X-Ray skin; and I still have to get a gold medal on the "The Curse" level of Motorstorm to get to the last level, but now i'm going off topic. My PSN ID is ArtDanVal, just in case anyone wants to add me, and some other stuff.

My take on the Home situation is this A game within a game...or the Sims meets the virtual console. I am going to get it, and I think it's a great way of meeting other PS3 users, a bit like a social MMORPG. The idea of having your own virtual pad is also pretty appealing, and from the trailer, I also think being able to organize a group of friends for a pow-wow or to play a game is neat. I wish I could download games, unfortunately I don't own a credit card, and my parents condemn the idea of using one.

My brother also takes up 80% of the online game time due to his perpetual boredom (meaning he plays Resistance online for like fucking 8 hours EVERYDAY)...and he has a Wii, but I don't know if it's related. Along with that, my wireless internet connection is a bit buggy, so somedays (and when I get to play my PS3) it is virtually inept for online gaming.

I wonder if GTA IV will have online features like the PSP ones, but again, I think i'm going off-topic.

Also, are the servers for PSN global or just reigonal, or does it depend on the game? I would love to play against some PAL users!

Take care of yourself.

BBS Signature
TheCriminalDuder
TheCriminalDuder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Animator
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-20 02:28:47 Reply

So then we have a few more members now. Once we get a certian amount and know where we all are will we be having a few rounds in resistance or something else togetherÉ All the American players agianst eachother on the american server and vise-versa with the UK server.

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-20 06:05:38 Reply

At 5/19/07 07:00 PM, wwwyzzerdd wrote:
At 5/19/07 06:34 PM, TehreTard wrote: Since you're currently free from sailing the seven seas, try being active in Resistance already. I had to leave and create a new newgrounds clan since we couldn't invite new users with you gone.:
I'm on right now.

I just relised all your things in your sig lead to PS3 things, thanks for putting the club in there, that should snag us some members.

I then grabbed a pair of scissors and scratched the CD.

Yeah, the number of times I have death-wished some fuckers who gang up, or thrown my new controller up against the wall. Or punched the television and smashed my knuckles...Well. I just hate those people who gang up, or some guy that keeps getting you, then your about to kill him and he lets of a carbine grenade. or gets his mates to blast you from behind.
Still, its better then nine year olds. Just have to control yourself.

Oh, and I'd like to join the damn club, I got my PS3 on my birthday in March and such. I only have two games right now: Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm. I beat Fall of Man in superhuman w/all skill points yesterday, so I have the X-Ray skin; and I still have to get a gold medal on the "The Curse" level of Motorstorm to get to the last level, but now i'm going off topic. My PSN ID is ArtDanVal, just in case anyone wants to add me, and some other stuff.

Same as me, cept' I haven't gone through on superman, I get board on my thrid round through...

My take on the Home situation is this A game within a game...or the Sims meets the virtual console. I am going to get it, and I think it's a great way of meeting other PS3 users, a bit like a social MMORPG. The idea of having your own virtual pad is also pretty appealing, and from the trailer, I also think being able to organize a group of friends for a pow-wow or to play a game is neat. I wish I could download games, unfortunately I don't own a credit card, and my parents condemn the idea of using one.

It should hopefully come out at Christmas, unless there is a load of delays or something stupid like that.

My brother also takes up 80% of the online game time due to his perpetual boredom (meaning he plays Resistance online for like fucking 8 hours EVERYDAY)...and he has a Wii, but I don't know if it's related. Along with that, my wireless internet connection is a bit buggy, so somedays (and when I get to play my PS3) it is virtually inept for online gaming.

I'm really th only one in my family who plays Resistance, my Sister likes to get owned at Motorstorm though. Although sometimes my signal gets weak and I get cut out.

I wonder if GTA IV will have online features like the PSP ones, but again, I think i'm going off-topic.

No, thats fine. But ti will, OPM did an interview and he said it won't be a large online, but it will include it.

Also, are the servers for PSN global or just reigonal, or does it depend on the game? I would love to play against some PAL users!

Differs, some games are Amrican servers, other European. I am on European.

So then we have a few more members now. Once we get a certian amount and know where we all are will we be having a few rounds in resistance or something else togetherÉ All the American players agianst eachother on the american server and vise-versa with the UK server.

Definatly, I also have to update the members lsit and maybe I should include their region...

Fire-Flake
Fire-Flake
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2007-05-20 09:48:07 Reply

Im not sure if you heard but september will be ps3 month,new stuf will be coming out new updates,downloadable games ect it will be awsum month and ill be parting in my head when the day arrives,lol?

Hi there

BBS Signature