New Topic Respond to this Topic
TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Writer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-02 22:49:04 Reply

At 6/2/09 06:49 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Unless of course the yanks already have the store update. But my guess is that it'll update around midnight. Which is tomorrow for me if it's on the PDT timezone.

The last time I checked, it hasn't been updated on the US side, at least by 6 PM EST.

At 6/2/09 07:04 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I graduated high school today guys lol.

Fuck you. I've still got 2 weeks left, with final exams to do. And I have to go back in September.

Hell, I should be making a note card with all the info I can fit on it for my written English final tomorrow. But I'd rather find out about what's going on with the PS TRIPLE

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-02 23:01:06 Reply

At 6/2/09 10:49 PM, TheThing wrote: Fuck you. I've still got 2 weeks left, with final exams to do. And I have to go back in September.

Hell, I should be making a note card with all the info I can fit on it for my written English final tomorrow. But I'd rather find out about what's going on with the PS TRIPLE

I knew I couldn't fail any of my classes so I didn't even bother. I still did fine on them too. I'm getting old. =(

At 6/2/09 07:20 PM, ShadowWest wrote: I officially finish secondary school next Tuesday :D

Very nice. =)

At 6/2/09 07:13 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: Easy Mode.

Tried to replay it on Veteran, mom wouldn't let me.

megamanbn6
megamanbn6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-02 23:21:05 Reply

FF7 is on PSN.

Look in the New Release section near the E3.

Good stuff. 1.35 GB.

ZpLiNtEh
ZpLiNtEh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 05:32:46 Reply

At 6/2/09 07:04 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I graduated high school today guys lol.

Awesome, congrats :)

At 6/2/09 07:20 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
I officially finish secondary school next Tuesday :D

Muhahaha I left on the 22nd of May :p

I'm actually kinda enjoying going back in for the exams though, it's good to see all my friends who live in like Mulbarton in the same place :)

No exams today, might be going to see Terminator, I want to find out if it's shit or not.

English and Science tommorrow, shouldn't be too bad :p

Also, Silent Hill 5 is soooooooooooooo boring, it's not a proper SH game by far, it's just making me want to buy SH2-4...I think I will...

Anyone else really enjoy Sonys conference last night?

I love metal like crackheads love anal. and crack.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 05:47:55 Reply

At 6/2/09 07:20 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
I officially finish secondary school next Tuesday :D

Amateurs the pair of you. School ain't got shit on uni :P Also, just watching Modern Warfare 2 footage, while nursing a semi. And another 50 PS1 games did I hear someone say? And yeah, the new look of the store is awesome.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 10:35:38 Reply

2 more trophies to InFamous Platinum, full Hero upgrades and Rockhound, all shards..

BBS Signature
liam
liam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 10:47:51 Reply

The new look to the PSN Store is minimal, but is shinier :P I didn't even think to check for E3 videos, downloading Heavy Rain video as we speak (can't ever get enough).

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 10:53:33 Reply

At 6/3/09 10:47 AM, liaaaam wrote: The new look to the PSN Store is minimal, but is shinier :P I didn't even think to check for E3 videos, downloading Heavy Rain video as we speak (can't ever get enough).

I like the new sound effects. Pretty cool how they touched it up without saying anything.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 11:09:13 Reply

Hamill is the definitive Joker. Batman: The Animated Series is godly.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 11:35:58 Reply

At 6/3/09 05:32 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Anyone else really enjoy Sonys conference last night?

Mmm, it was good alright, but where as the megaton announcement? And way too much PSP and not even a mention of MGS5.

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 11:44:03 Reply

I've decided I'm going to start upload videos on my YouTube channel. Right now I just have my Xbox 360 game collection but I think next I'm going to do something with the PS3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjiFjsvDv Hw if you're interested...

TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 11:57:19 Reply

I will be downloading all of these videos!! I am looking forward to U2 more than anything else this year honestly

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
megamanbn6
megamanbn6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 12:04:03 Reply

U2 Beta. Gonna download it today once my dad is done beasting on my UFC.

That's all he fucking plays. That and SOCOM. Ugh. Can't even play Gundam 2.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 12:19:05 Reply

At 6/3/09 11:44 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I've decided I'm going to start upload videos on my YouTube channel. Right now I just have my Xbox 360 game collection but I think next I'm going to do something with the PS3.

I'd do the same but my camera is shit, and you wouldn't be able to read the titles.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
megamanbn6
megamanbn6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 12:28:16 Reply

SMC - So..That's it? Just scrolling the camera through your games?

I thought it would be something else.

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 13:38:04 Reply

At 6/3/09 12:19 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 6/3/09 11:44 AM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I've decided I'm going to start upload videos on my YouTube channel. Right now I just have my Xbox 360 game collection but I think next I'm going to do something with the PS3.

I'd do the same but my camera is shit, and you wouldn't be able to read the titles.

Yeah. The first video was really just a trial to see what the quality would be and all that. I enjoy browsing through YouTube looking at people's collections though small or large so if you can do it, I'd watch it.

At 6/3/09 12:28 PM, megamanbn6 wrote: SMC - So..That's it? Just scrolling the camera through your games?

I thought it would be something else.

I will probably do some reviews for games, systems and updates current news in video games.

iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 14:10:27 Reply

Downloading several E3 trailers and the Uncharted 2 Beta Trial.
Currently its at about 1300 minutes T_T

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 14:31:13 Reply

At 6/3/09 01:54 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 6/3/09 01:38 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I will probably do some reviews for games, systems and updates current news in video games.
Ehhhhhh.

Not to shit on your parade but there are millions of youtube reviewers.

Oh I'm not trying to be the next big video game reviewer on YouTube or anything I just like to do it out of fun. I probably wont show it to anyone outside of you guys anyway. I enjoy rambling on about video games and all that nerdy shit.

ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 14:40:08 Reply

At 6/3/09 05:47 AM, BobbaQ wrote: Also, just watching Modern Warfare 2 footage

MODERN WARFARE 2 WILL BE THE BEST GAME EVER

At 6/3/09 05:32 AM, ZpLiNtEh wrote: Muhahaha I left on the 22nd of May :p

sad face

English and Science tommorrow, shouldn't be too bad :p

second English Language tomorrow, second Geography on Tuesday and i'm done!

PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 14:46:58 Reply

You know at first I thought the PSP Go was a total joke and nobody would buy it but after reading up on some of the features it has and the games coming out for it, it really isn't all that bad.

Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid, Jak and Daxter, Gran Turismo, etc. Buy all games directly so you can get any game on launch really without having to worry.

It is a bit ugly and they took a handful of things I like better about the PSP 3000. I have a PSP 2000 so I might just stick with that.

iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 14:49:47 Reply

Army of 2 2 looks shit.
*In a stupidly dramatic voice*
"Are you ready?"

"Yeah."

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 15:16:27 Reply

At 6/3/09 02:46 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: You know at first I thought the PSP Go was a total joke and nobody would buy it but after reading up on some of the features it has and the games coming out for it, it really isn't all that bad.

Little Big Planet, Metal Gear Solid, Jak and Daxter, Gran Turismo, etc. Buy all games directly so you can get any game on launch really without having to worry.

Will they still release the games on PSN, so I can play them on my regular PSP? I really don't want to have to buy a new PSP to enjoy all the great PSP games, as most of them aren't released were I am. I really only ever saw 15 different PSP games in stores, all together.

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 16:03:22 Reply

At 6/3/09 03:16 PM, xscoot wrote: Will they still release the games on PSN, so I can play them on my regular PSP? I really don't want to have to buy a new PSP to enjoy all the great PSP games, as most of them aren't released were I am. I really only ever saw 15 different PSP games in stores, all together.

I would imagine so yeah. They said the PSP go will be on sale a longside the PSP 3000.

I don't think FF14 is exclusive, it might just be timed.

http://www.vg247.com/2009/06/03/greenber g-ask-square-if-ff14-is-coming-to-360/
http://xboxevolved.e-mpire.com/article/N o_Title/5534.html

Aaron Greenberg of Microsoft says that his understanding is that it is not exclusive. And apparently (2nd link) SE said they were looking at other consoles to put the game on. I really wish companies would just say "this game will be on x console first" not announce it 6-12 months later.

TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Writer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 22:08:23 Reply

At 6/3/09 03:16 PM, xscoot wrote: Will they still release the games on PSN, so I can play them on my regular PSP?

Yeah, all games will now be published on the PSN, just not on UMD.

Buy stock in Memory Sticks or whatever the fuck their called.

TheThing
TheThing
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Writer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-03 23:43:48 Reply

So, I've finished my first play-through of Terminator: Salvation on medium. Overall, I'm glad I didn't spend $60 on it, and I'm almost regretting the $7 I spent to rent it from Blockbuster.

The graphics are terrible. The ones in the cutscenes are bearable, even good, but the entire game is one bland grey/brown rubble. I understand that it's destroyed L.A., but could you put some color into the levels with actual plants in them? As for the graphical part of the graphics, they're PS2-level graphics with touch-up paint and some shiny effects. Also, watch for John Connor's mic sometimes remain stiff and away from his mouth, and sometimes attached to, and moving with, his mouth. Nice work guys.

Controls can be hard to get used to. Aiming is as accurate pissing off the Empire State building onto a dime, and it doesn't help that most enemies constantly move. Luckily there's enough random ammo laying around to make up for that, but that's later. Movement is even slower than Dave's analysis of KZ2's walking. I feel like I'm moving a 55 year old obese woman rather than a 20-something savior-soldier.

The dialog, and overall script, is horrible. Most lines are given without any emotion, and are nothing more than "we need to get to Location X". And of course, they'll yell random things during a battle with the same amount of emotion and preparedness as the rest of the dialog (my favorite: Blair or Angie (they're practically same the person) causally says "get away from me", as if the T-600 was hitting on her in a bar). There's absolutely 0 characterization of anyone in the game, making most characters interchangeable and forgettable. The plot doesn't fare much better; John goes out to the middle of the Skynet building to rescue 3 guys. Just 3 average soldiers. No real reason, either; just to "inspire the troops". No twist, no "OMG, they're T-800s!", nothing. And he takes his sweet time getting to them, doing 165468465 side quests along the way.

The gameplay is below average. It's a Gears of War cover system without the fun. Most of the action sequences didn't feel too actiony, and there's only 5 guns, and 2 grenade types. RPG, Grenade Launcher, M-16, LMG, Shotgun, Pipe bomb, and grenade. And there's only 4 enemies; T-600s, Aerostats (small flying things), T-70s (4-legged turrets), and a T-600 with rubber skin on it. Also, you recover health only after a battle section, so if you have 10% health, you're fucked. Luckily, there's a lot of checkpoints along the way, but for a game that installs onto the harddrive, the load times are forever. The game is also the definition of linear; there is a very tight walkway you have to take (even in super slow running, it takes only a second or 2 to get to the other side), and Skynet must have severed everyone's Achilles's Tendon, because no one can jump. And this is only a short list of complaints.

Overall, it's only a rental if you really want an easy Platinum, and are willing to withstand 4-6 hours of shitty game for it. With terrible just about everything, this game is meant for the rental shelves at best.

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-04 04:06:00 Reply

At 6/3/09 11:43 PM, TheThing wrote: asdf

...So it's bad, then?

V I D E O G A M E S

BBS Signature
TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-04 08:14:23 Reply

I told you the game sucks, ood thing you did the same as me and Rented the Mother.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
iateamexican
iateamexican
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-04 11:33:15 Reply

Uncharted 2 beta installed, only multiplayer avaliable and after about 15 minutes im still searching for a game.

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-04 13:08:10 Reply

I DON'T CARE IF SALVATION SUCKS I WANT THAT PLATINUM DAMMIT.

Also, I'm halfway through my veteran run on Resi 5 (all S ranks, wooo). If anyone wants to join me so I don't have to put up with the A.I. just give me a shout.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
megamanbn6
megamanbn6
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-06-04 16:01:12 Reply

UFC dishes out silver trophies left and right, and tons of online trophies. The online is what saves this game too.

I have 2 golds and like 11 silvers from UFC. Bionic Commando is UUUNNNNNNNGGHHHHHHHH.

Want a new inFAMOUS wallpaper. At the 3rd part of the E3 conference video, near the last 5 seconds there is a part where all 4 PS machines are glossy and near eachother, can anyone get that picture and make it a wallpaper?