Be a Supporter!

PS3's online lounge

  • 425,132 Views
  • 18,946 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 08:54:02 Reply

Been playing Killzone this weekend again. Got my K/D ratio up to 1.21. And I got my sniper expert, saboteur and assassination kill medals, woop. I'm such a beast as a sniper, nobody is safe from my rifle and steady hands!

The scope wobbles if you don't keep the controller still when aiming, a daft but cool feature.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 15:00:23 Reply

I realize I haven't shown my PSN ID yet :P.

xscoot (well, duh)

MGS4
GTAIV
Little Big Planet
Team Fortress 2
Mirror's Edge (just time trials though)
Unreal Tournament 3 (now with trophies!)
SFIV (soon, not now)

Add me!


My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
Doberman
Doberman
  • Member since: Apr. 27, 2007
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 15:55:41 Reply

At 3/16/09 03:00 PM, xscoot wrote: xscoot (well, duh)

SAFHJSKGD YAY (dobermanVII is mine)

MGS4

Whats your ID for MGS4?

xscoot
xscoot
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 16:22:44 Reply

At 3/16/09 03:55 PM, doberman7 wrote:
At 3/16/09 03:00 PM, xscoot wrote: xscoot (well, duh)
SAFHJSKGD YAY (dobermanVII is mine)

MGS4
Whats your ID for MGS4?

GAME ID, Konami ID, or character name?

Ah, fuck it. Let's just both play a game in an unused server, and we'll just add each other. It's xscoot. Again.


My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
Abyssus
Abyssus
  • Member since: Nov. 13, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 18:26:03 Reply

Me needs to play Killzone more often.
Is it just me or are the turrets pretty much useless on their own?

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 19:15:40 Reply

I can't play Killzone 2 online because every time I try and update it the download stops and then I get disconnected from PSN.

>=(

Final2Legion
Final2Legion
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 19:19:09 Reply

that sucks hairy balls...i used to have that problem SMC til i learned my brother kept on torrenting movies and locked him out of my computer so i fixed all my connection problems with that and a new router


PSN ID: Unseen_Fury Gamertag: Ungeshener Zorn STEAMID: Unseen Fury

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 20:30:02 Reply

At 3/16/09 07:19 PM, Final2Legion wrote: that sucks hairy balls...i used to have that problem SMC til i learned my brother kept on torrenting movies and locked him out of my computer so i fixed all my connection problems with that and a new router

It is the router. It isn't set up to have all these connections on it.

We have:

My computer
My Xbox 360
My PS3
My brother's 360
My other brother's PSP
My sister's DS
My sister's 360
My dad's computer

The PS3 is the newest installment to the family so when I boot that thing up and after a bit i get disconnected and then everything else in the house does as well. I have to restart to modem and what not to get internet back.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 20:56:37 Reply

At 3/16/09 08:30 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: The PS3 is the newest installment to the family so when I boot that thing up and after a bit i get disconnected and then everything else in the house does as well. I have to restart to modem and what not to get internet back.

Ah one day I want a wired connection to my PC.

I still wonder why the slowest computer in the house got the direct connection.

SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 21:06:32 Reply

At 3/16/09 08:56 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote:
At 3/16/09 08:30 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: The PS3 is the newest installment to the family so when I boot that thing up and after a bit i get disconnected and then everything else in the house does as well. I have to restart to modem and what not to get internet back.
Ah one day I want a wired connection to my PC.

I still wonder why the slowest computer in the house got the direct connection.

My computer is directly connected and it is flawless. I can download a movie in 40-60 minutes. 30 on a really good link.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 21:14:25 Reply

At 3/16/09 09:06 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: My computer is directly connected and it is flawless. I can download a movie in 40-60 minutes. 30 on a really good link.

I envy you. I bought the router, an expensive one too and I have to use a wireless adapter.

I had my internet upgraded recently but there isn't a huge differences. Used to get a maximum of 250kb/s and the highest now is 500+kb/s

TheThing
TheThing
  • Member since: Nov. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Writer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-16 23:41:35 Reply

At 3/16/09 06:26 PM, Abyssus wrote: Me needs to play Killzone more often.

I need to stop getting kicked in the middle of my good games. I mean, fuck, I was in 2nd on my team with 25 points and still half the selected game types to go, and suddenly there's a problem with my PSN.

I think it's my dad's fucking computer. Always on, which means that any time there's an update for one of his bazillion widgets and programs, it always gets downloaded immediately. Which means my DSL connection takes a shit on me. I know it's the computer; every time I get kicked it goes from sleep mode to screen-saver mode.

Fuck my poor ass family and my dad's fucking widgets.

Is it just me or are the turrets pretty much useless on their own?

Yeah, they're only there to keep spawn-killers at bay and to fuck over anyone who's team member is a dick on Search and Retrieve or whatever it's called.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 03:42:35 Reply

At 3/16/09 09:14 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I had my internet upgraded recently but there isn't a huge differences. Used to get a maximum of 250kb/s and the highest now is 500+kb/s

I get a maximum of 60kb/s and I hate you.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 14:12:21 Reply

At 3/16/09 08:30 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I can't play Killzone 2 online because every time I try and update it the download stops and then I get disconnected from PSN.

>=(

You internet must be properly sucky.

It is the router. It isn't set up to have all these connections on it.

We have:

My computer
My Xbox 360
My PS3
My brother's 360
My other brother's PSP
My sister's DS
My sister's 360
My dad's computer

The PS3 is the newest installment to the family so when I boot that thing up and after a bit i get disconnected and then everything else in the house does as well. I have to restart to modem and what not to get internet back.

And no wonder. I'm surprised the router hasn't exploded yet with having to cope with all that.

At 3/16/09 09:14 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: I had my internet upgraded recently but there isn't a huge differences. Used to get a maximum of 250kb/s and the highest now is 500+kb/s

Better than nothing though, right?

At 3/17/09 03:42 AM, TheMaster wrote: I get a maximum of 60kb/s and I hate you.

LOL. That's as bad as the connection was at my last house. Thank God we ain't there no more.

Well, all 3 of you will hate me even more because I get at least 3mb/s from wireless and even more wired. And all our BT Home Hub has to deal with is the family computer, my sisters iPod and my laptop and PS3 at the weekend. My internet at uni is a constant, never broken and free 10mb/s but I can only use it for my laptop.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
jtm17
jtm17
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 14:46:45 Reply

we also have BT Broadband, its amazing, much better than my old internet

its leik 10MB


PS3 Online Lounge!
Sig Made By Loogiesquared!
http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /1195071 <<< WIN. <3

BBS Signature
Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 15:09:37 Reply

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 confirmed.

I really enjoyed the first, so I'll definitely check it out. I'm sure Itagaki is really happy right now.


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 15:19:09 Reply

At 3/17/09 02:46 PM, jtm17 wrote: we also have BT Broadband, its amazing, much better than my old internet

its leik 10MB

HIGH 5!

We had it at the old house but for some reason the connection was utter shite and it would always have a hissy fit and stop working at least once a week for ages.

Now that we live in a better house which isn't on the outskirts of town in the arsehole of nowhere it's so much faster and never dies for the fun of it.


TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 16:20:40 Reply

My street hasn't got proper cables put down for internet, so the fastest I can possibly get is what I have now.


PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 16:42:37 Reply

At 3/17/09 02:12 PM, BobbaQ wrote:
At 3/16/09 08:30 PM, SlipperyMooseCakes wrote: I can't play Killzone 2 online because every time I try and update it the download stops and then I get disconnected from PSN.

>=(
You internet must be properly sucky.

My connection is actually really good. But like you said, the router is not meant to handle all of that.

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Member since: Aug. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Audiophile
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 17:15:39 Reply

Just out of curiosity and this having just happened to me, has anyone else had this happen to them?

Think about this: You're on one of the final cutscenes of a game, having just completed the most tiring bit of it. You decide to watch the cutscene and not skip it because you're bored. Then, the disc screws up and you have to start again.

From the ship bow.

Fuck MGS4.


#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
ShadowWest
ShadowWest
  • Member since: Jun. 21, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 36
Gamer
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 18:30:50 Reply

At 3/17/09 03:09 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 confirmed.

I really enjoyed the first, so I'll definitely check it out. I'm sure Itagaki is really happy right now.

oh my god awesome


PSN ID + Xbox Live GT : ShadowWestNG | Steam : ShadowWest | Sig made by: ParadoxVoid <3

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 19:31:52 Reply

At 3/17/09 06:30 PM, ShadowWest wrote:
At 3/17/09 03:09 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 confirmed.

I really enjoyed the first, so I'll definitely check it out. I'm sure Itagaki is really happy right now.
oh my god awesome

Unless it's Strider 2, than I simply don't care. I want another Strider game.


My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 20:58:36 Reply

There are no good games on any platform coming out until June.

Fucking hell.

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 22:34:08 Reply

At 3/17/09 08:58 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: There are no good games on any platform coming out until June.

Fucking hell.

I'm at least remaining optimistic about The Godfather II and Sacred 2. I'm sure there will be one or two downloadable games out in that time too (Ragdoll Kung Fu, Fat Princess, Burn, Zombie, Burn!). Yeah, it's not that great, but it's always like this. At least Q1 was better than usual.


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
SlipperyMooseCakes
SlipperyMooseCakes
  • Member since: May. 16, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 22:39:40 Reply

At 3/17/09 10:34 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote:
At 3/17/09 08:58 PM, BlueFlameSkulls wrote: There are no good games on any platform coming out until June.

Fucking hell.
I'm at least remaining optimistic about The Godfather II and Sacred 2. I'm sure there will be one or two downloadable games out in that time too (Ragdoll Kung Fu, Fat Princess, Burn, Zombie, Burn!). Yeah, it's not that great, but it's always like this. At least Q1 was better than usual.

Ninja Blade and Velvet Assassin look like the only games that will spur any interest in the 360. Both will probably be in the 70-80 range score tops so yeah there really is nothing.

Next week is GDC which is where Gears 2 and Banjo-Kazooie 3 were announced last year. I'm also hearing about a PS3 price cut March 22nd which has to be the biggest B.S. I've ever heard. There's no way. And then E3 is the first week of June so of course a shit storm of games then.

BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 22:47:38 Reply

At 3/17/09 10:34 PM, Jerkapotamus wrote: I'm at least remaining optimistic about The Godfather II and Sacred 2. I'm sure there will be one or two downloadable games out in that time too (Ragdoll Kung Fu, Fat Princess, Burn, Zombie, Burn!). Yeah, it's not that great, but it's always like this. At least Q1 was better than usual.

Godfather II is the only game in between now and June that I want to get. There aren't any other retail games that look decent, not even any "meh" games.

I'm putting my hopes on downloadable content. I suppose this gives me the time to save up for a new graphics card for my PC.

TehreTard
TehreTard
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 22:58:00 Reply

Oh Godfather II is definitely on my wishlist currently. I really do like the new Don system to make yourself feel like you're a top don trying to takeover the city. I just have some doubts about the shooting mechanics and the deaths, they seem somewhat too simplistic.

Other than that, it looks awesome.

Oh yeah, WAW wasn't as bad as you said it was, Thing. I would have chose buying that over KZ2 any day.


BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Member since: Nov. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-17 23:31:56 Reply

At 3/17/09 10:58 PM, TehreTard wrote: Oh Godfather II is definitely on my wishlist currently. I really do like the new Don system to make yourself feel like you're a top don trying to takeover the city. I just have some doubts about the shooting mechanics and the deaths, they seem somewhat too simplistic.

I got myself the first Godfather game (note the PS2 one not the one on atari 2600) not so long ago as it was in the bargain bin. I have died so many times in that game trying to extort businesses for protection money. Fucking gangs everywhere.

Shooting at that game was outrageous. Good game though.

Jerkapotamus
Jerkapotamus
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-18 00:18:11 Reply

I was quite fond of The Godfather, which I played on the Wii when it was new. The melee and shooting controls were quite excellent. Hopefully the lack of motion controls won't mar the combat for me. The Wii works surprisingly well for open-world aiming.


PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus
Sig by Akula

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to PS3's online lounge 2009-03-18 10:31:24 Reply

At 3/18/09 12:18 AM, Jerkapotamus wrote: I was quite fond of The Godfather, which I played on the Wii when it was new. The melee and shooting controls were quite excellent. Hopefully the lack of motion controls won't mar the combat for me. The Wii works surprisingly well for open-world aiming.

I have fond memories of that game. I got the Don of New York title in three separate game files.


My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature