Marsupial
Marsupial
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 28th, 2007 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 7/28/07 04:55 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:
At 7/28/07 11:22 AM, Lopas1 wrote: I made a reflection tutorial for photoshop cs3

deviantart link
awesome tutorial there!

More time learning, less time sucking dick. Anyway I already made a reflection tutorial for 7.0 Your method isn't foolproof.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.
{+}dA{-}LASTFM
paypal

BBS Signature
DarkSoldier
DarkSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Gamer
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 28th, 2007 @ 05:38 PM Reply

At 7/28/07 05:31 PM, Marsupial wrote:
At 7/28/07 11:22 AM, Lopas1 wrote: I made a reflection tutorial for photoshop cs3

deviantart link
awesome tutorial there!
More time learning, less time sucking dick. Anyway I already made a reflection tutorial for 7.0 Your method isn't foolproof.

So what I found it good.

Need advice? Visit the RELATIONSHIP CREW!

BBS Signature
Lopas1
Lopas1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Programmer
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 28th, 2007 @ 05:45 PM Reply

At 7/28/07 05:38 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:

deviantart link
awesome tutorial there!
So what I found it good.

Yeah! STAND FOR MY TUT!

Also for the guy who screws up with transparent, just take a printscreen and use the color finder to the get bbs bg then just make a box with that color and use it as a bg and save as .jpeg

Gif transparency suck.

BBS Signature
TarThoron
TarThoron
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 28th, 2007 @ 05:47 PM Reply

At 7/28/07 01:35 PM, ExtraTim wrote: I have a question that maybe somebody can help me with. When I make an image with a transparent background, and I go to save it as a .gif, it gets screwed up. Let's say there is a gradient circle coming out of th middle. it will render it in the final image as a full on, white circle. Any suggestions? Here is an example. Although it's not a real gradient, it majorly f*ed up the edges.

Adjust the matte color when saving.

Gifs assign the matte color as the background for semi-transparent pixels, and the default is white. This is fine if the image is going to be on a white background, but otherwise it looks terrible. If you know what the background color will end up on is, then use that for your matte. If it's going to be on multiple background colors, try to find some neutral color that doesn't look too bad, such as a dark gray.

This is a simple transparent to foreground gradient, saved with the bbs bg color (25272d) for a matte:

Photoshop help center.

Breast Cancer Awareness month is over...stop squeezing random boobies. :(

BBS Signature
Marsupial
Marsupial
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 28th, 2007 @ 05:48 PM Reply

At 7/28/07 05:45 PM, Lopas1 wrote:
At 7/28/07 05:38 PM, DarkSoldier wrote:

deviantart link
awesome tutorial there!
So what I found it good.
Yeah! STAND FOR MY TUT!

Also for the guy who screws up with transparent, just take a printscreen and use the color finder to the get bbs bg then just make a box with that color and use it as a bg and save as .jpeg
Gif transparency suck.

Yeah yeah would you guys care to check out ma dA and comment on some shit:
www.marsupialart.deviantart.com

{+}dA{-}LASTFM
paypal

BBS Signature
ExtraTim
ExtraTim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 28th, 2007 @ 06:01 PM Reply

Thanks all for the help! I'll just stick to jpeg's then for this forum.

Currently listening to:Feeling Good -Eels
||Buy Some Sweet Shirts, k?||
||USERPAGE||

BBS Signature
Marsupial
Marsupial
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 08:00 AM Reply

OK I'm a lot more experienced and so is everybody else so I'm starting this up again. If anybody needs any photoshop help just ask and youll get an answer somehow even if not from me

My washed up DA if anyone needs it: www.marsupialart.deviantart.com

{+}dA{-}LASTFM
paypal

BBS Signature
sherru
sherru
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 01:21 PM Reply

Yeah I need help, I have a Q. how do you make a glass effect in Photoshop?

i have this picture im working on, and she's wearing big goggle, so I was just wondering how I could do this

Be Still And Let Me Speak

BBS Signature
Marsupial
Marsupial
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 04:59 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 01:21 PM, sherru wrote: Yeah I need help, I have a Q. how do you make a glass effect in Photoshop?

i have this picture im working on, and she's wearing big goggle, so I was just wondering how I could do this

Try a gradient: (light blue going down to white works best). But put a little white patch at the top, makes it look like a little reflection

{+}dA{-}LASTFM
paypal

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:15 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 04:59 PM, Marsupial wrote: Try a gradient: (light blue going down to white works best). But put a little white patch at the top, makes it look like a little reflection

Nah, his best bet is to use the blend modes. A regional gradient set to "Overlay," if properly done, can give the appearance of transparent water or glass.

BBS Signature
Marsupial
Marsupial
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jul. 1st, 2008 @ 05:33 PM Reply

At 7/1/08 05:15 PM, Bolo wrote:
At 7/1/08 04:59 PM, Marsupial wrote: Try a gradient: (light blue going down to white works best). But put a little white patch at the top, makes it look like a little reflection
Nah, his best bet is to use the blend modes. A regional gradient set to "Overlay," if properly done, can give the appearance of transparent water or glass.

Perhaps in photography but I got the idea that he was drawing in photoshop. In that case my method should work, on cartoons anyway. I wouldn't recommend it on photographs.

or maybe he could do it and then set it to overlay. ahh

{+}dA{-}LASTFM
paypal

BBS Signature
CorruptedBacon
CorruptedBacon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jan. 26th, 2009 @ 02:43 PM Reply

How the hell do I add stuff into a picture? Like if theres a picture of a snail, could I add a lizard along with it?

OHOHHOHOHOHO

BBS Signature
TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Photoshop help center. Jan. 27th, 2009 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 1/26/09 02:43 PM, CorruptedBacon wrote: How the hell do I add stuff into a picture? Like if theres a picture of a snail, could I add a lizard along with it?

OPen both pictures in PS and then use your Marqee square or circle to surrondwhat you want to remove. he select the Arrow to the right of the Marqee tool. That is the Move tool click on your surrounded space and drag and drop onto the other Picture then use Eraser and Variants to eraser what you dont want on moved picture.

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature
Tbonetim3
Tbonetim3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jan. 27th, 2009 @ 06:01 PM Reply

hey are the any free photo shops? can you post a link to the photoshop website?

BBS Signature
LobsterJohnson
LobsterJohnson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jan. 27th, 2009 @ 06:03 PM Reply

At 1/27/09 06:01 PM, Tbonetim3 wrote: hey are the any free photo shops? can you post a link to the photoshop website?

Here ye go.Free photoshop and it only takes a minute to download

Link

Tbonetim3
Tbonetim3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jan. 27th, 2009 @ 06:46 PM Reply

At 1/27/09 06:03 PM, LobsterJohnson wrote:
At 1/27/09 06:01 PM, Tbonetim3 wrote: hey are the any free photo shops? can you post a link to the photoshop website?
Here ye go.Free photoshop and it only takes a minute to download

Link

OHH thanks!!! why couldnt i find that earlier?

BBS Signature
TholomewP
TholomewP
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Jan. 31st, 2009 @ 05:00 PM Reply

Hi, I am decent at PS and use Photoshop 6.0 (i know, it's old but w/e) How do u make realistic image in photoshop? I mean like alien creatures, or realistic people. Also steam punk machines and cars. Is it possible to do all in PS or just the coloring? Something like this. Do u have to use other programs besides PS like 3D programs? If so any examples?

BBS Signature
JesseT
JesseT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Mar. 3rd, 2009 @ 05:29 PM Reply

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 6 and I figured out some stuff equivalent to Painter 8 to help me draw the same way. The one thin I couldn't find on Photoshop is something that will produce the same thing as the oil pastels in Painter 8. Can any one help me? I usually use the oil pastels for adding the "light's" and the "dark's". Well anyway that would be nice to know because I just got this wonderful tablet (Bamboo Fun 9x6) and I need some backgrounds for an animation.

JesseT
JesseT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. Mar. 4th, 2009 @ 03:10 PM Reply

This Isn't an active thread?

HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 8th, 2009 @ 02:38 AM Reply

I am having very strange problems with my brush in Photoshop CS4. It won't display the whole brush outline but rather a small segment of it in the top left hand corner of the screen.

Anyone else had this problem and know how to fix it? Thanks.

Also, I've updated PS CS4 to the latest version.

Photoshop help center.

Yiffy
Yiffy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 8th, 2009 @ 06:29 AM Reply

At 5/8/09 02:38 AM, HarraH wrote: I am having very strange problems with my brush in Photoshop CS4. It won't display the whole brush outline but rather a small segment of it in the top left hand corner of the screen.

You're trying to draw in a locked layer, make a new layer and try again.

So zetta slow!

BBS Signature
PigeonOnAStick
PigeonOnAStick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Art Lover
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 8th, 2009 @ 06:35 AM Reply

At 5/8/09 06:29 AM, Yiffy wrote: You're trying to draw in a locked layer, make a new layer and try again.

If it was locked, the padlock would be greyed out and he wouldn't draw anything at all.
I'd suggest loading the brush palettes again, otherwise somethings buggy/I've no idea.

BBS Signature
HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 8th, 2009 @ 07:15 AM Reply

At 5/8/09 06:29 AM, Yiffy wrote:
At 5/8/09 02:38 AM, HarraH wrote: I am having very strange problems with my brush in Photoshop CS4. It won't display the whole brush outline but rather a small segment of it in the top left hand corner of the screen.

You're trying to draw in a locked layer, make a new layer and try again.

Hahah I most certainly am not. Trust me it isn't some obvious answer like that. I think there is a glitch with the program... Other people have also asked how to fix this on the net but I still haven't found a solution.

HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 15th, 2009 @ 04:07 AM Reply

I've somehow got in on some sort of Quickmask mode, if i try and drag against the screen there are these red marks and if I use the brush it creates red marks, how do i get out of this mode?

Photoshop help center.

CosmicDeath
CosmicDeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 15th, 2009 @ 05:10 AM Reply

At 5/15/09 04:07 AM, HarraH wrote: I've somehow got in on some sort of Quickmask mode, if i try and drag against the screen there are these red marks and if I use the brush it creates red marks, how do i get out of this mode?

This may help (see image).

Photoshop help center.

BBS Signature
CosmicDeath
CosmicDeath
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Artist
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 15th, 2009 @ 05:13 AM Reply

At 5/15/09 05:10 AM, CosmicDeath wrote: This may help (see image).

Sorry for double post - just realised you were using CS4. The quickmask icon should be at the bottom of the floating toolbar, but a single icon rather than being side by side. Perhaps click the icon and see if it will bring you back out of it (sorry, not really familiar with CS4). Hope that helps! ^_^

BBS Signature
HarraH
HarraH
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 15th, 2009 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 5/15/09 05:13 AM, CosmicDeath wrote:
At 5/15/09 05:10 AM, CosmicDeath wrote: This may help (see image).
Sorry for double post - just realised you were using CS4. The quickmask icon should be at the bottom of the floating toolbar, but a single icon rather than being side by side. Perhaps click the icon and see if it will bring you back out of it (sorry, not really familiar with CS4). Hope that helps! ^_^

Haha thanks, that did the trick. To think it was so obvious! I am noob at PS :(

TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 20th, 2009 @ 07:27 PM Reply

At 5/20/09 07:01 PM, Twilight wrote: I have a question (thanks to ReNaeNae). Does anyone know where I can get a smoke effect tutorial that actually works?

This is a waste, I've been searching for a good one for 2 hours now.

This one is a rather effective tutorial. And I looked at the other one you had linked to in your previous thread. What part about it are you having trouble with? Maybe I can walk you through it.

Or, if you don't want to attempt it any further since it does get a bit technical, maybe I can show you a much simpler method. I did write a much simpler tutorial that produces a similar effect, you can read it here. Although it was originally intended for a lightning effect, with a few minor adjustments you can probably achieve a smoke effect you might be looking for.

The great thing about Photoshop is there's always more than one way to cook and egg. Some people, such as whoever wrote that tutorial you've been frustrated with, prefer to do things the hard way. Or rather, at least make it seem harder than it really is.

BBS Signature
Lundsfryd
Lundsfryd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Artist
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 22nd, 2009 @ 07:44 PM Reply

At 5/22/09 07:29 PM, MG34 wrote: What makes a good base picture

for what?

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations
nilfisk

BBS Signature
maxjason
maxjason
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Photoshop help center. May. 28th, 2009 @ 12:22 AM Reply

Say I have the zoom level set to 100% in either Adobe Photoshop or InDesign. There's an image on it, and it looks fine and dandy -- sharp as a whistle.

However, due to my computer screen resolution, the Adobe ruler doesn't match up with a ruler in the real world when the zoom level is at 100% (e.g. an inch in the program [with zoom 100%] IS LESS THAN an inch on a real tape measure).

By increasing the zoom level in the programs up to around 140%, the Adobe ruler measurements are roughly the same as those on the tape measure, more or less solving the mismeasurement problem.

The problem is, at a resolution of 140%, the image is no longer sharp. It's blurry. And I'm pretty certain (correct me if I am wrong) that the image is blurry because the zoom level is higher than the maximum non-blurry zoom level, as opposed to any problem intrinsic in the image itself.

So my main question is: IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET AN ACCURATE VIEW OF THE IMAGE AS IT WOULD LOOK PRINTED OUT (before actually printing it out)? I need the Adobe ruler and tape measure to match up, and also need the image to be as it would look on printed paper (hopefully non-blurry) I have tried decreasing my computer resolution, but it just causes EVERYTHING on the computer to be blurry. Or can I just assume that the image with mismatched rulers and 100% zoom is an accurate representation of how it would look in reality?