Check your knowledge with fun about fine arts4.01 / 5.00 5,103 Views
Control bullets with your mind4.07 / 5.00 22,341 Views
Unlock and upgrade vehicles and drive your way through zombie hordes in order to escape.3.92 / 5.00 31,584 Views
You are an art god. I've always wanted to use photoshop/corel like that, but i don't have the right attitude. Anyway, these are amazing, you could probably sell them on DA, i'd buy one :)
At 4/14/07 02:00 PM, Acerbic wrote:At 3/31/07 01:29 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: These are extremely beautiful.Agreed.
At 4/17/07 04:25 PM, bird-man wrote: Very good,now wheres the water because i choked on the anatomy.
Yeah, anatomy for children is kind of weird because their heads are always disproportionate to their bodies. I wanted the kid to look sort of ravenous with the ribs showing and stuff. I'll have to pay more attention to detail next time.
At 4/17/07 06:02 PM, Dash-02 wrote: how do we know there yours?
You must be the most retarded user on the art forum right now. Or you're just new...
You make me vomit blood in jealousy of your skillzzz :[
nice work, lmao
At 4/22/07 11:05 PM, mynamewontfitin wrote: Another with a video.
Wow, sweet picture :) I really like the composition, its really interesting . The colours are nice too and it is amazing how you do these so fast, they would take me hours to do the same thing. Also the texture is really good and the added detail in certain areas adds depth to the painting. I love your techinque for doing water, it always looks awsome. All of these pictures are unique and beautiful. Keep up the good work and i hope to see more :D.
At 6/2/07 04:06 AM, mynamewontfitin wrote: and the finished....
I won't say a thing because it would ruin the awsome....ness..
Drag0nSnak3© wuz here... that means me!
the human needs work. I cant do humans either, but try finding pictures of someone's whole body and draw with it as a reference. I am trying that.
Oh an btw this is the description I wrote for the above image if you're interested:
During the past few months, renowned scientists and archaeologists from all over the world have been summoned to analyze a recent discovery in a location not yet disclosed. A small group of archaeologists who were on a search for the remnants of a legendary city unearthed more than enough proof that the city existed. Hidden within dense forests and vegetation, scientists have described the finding as "an intricate network of trenches and passageways that descends an astounding 300 ft into the ground." The complexity and vastness of the structure baffles even today's top architects. The elaborate architecture resembles that of Ancient Greece and remarkably remains intact after almost 2500 years. It is not yet known who built the underground city or what purpose it served but you can be sure the the 7 wonders of the ancient world will soon count 8.
MNWFI, your stuff is great, as always. I'm glad you have a place to expose them outside of the murky depths of the NGAST, now all can appreciate your talents.
This sig is 100% effective protection from all hexes, curses, evil spirits and bad karma. Guaranteed.
At 6/18/07 10:53 PM, BlackmarketKraig wrote: MNWFI, your stuff is great, as always. I'm glad you have a place to expose them outside of the murky depths of the NGAST, now all can appreciate your talents.
Thanks BMK, that means a lot to me.
Man, I forgot about this awesome thread!
To make everyones eye twitch: I have critique!
Work on proportions.
A rather disgusting-looking git that should have been disposed of ages ago.
At 6/19/07 09:17 AM, MindChamber wrote: so how long does a painting actually take you?
The ones on the first page are all around 15-30 minutes. The more detailed ones like the last one I posted take around 4-5 hours. I do the basically the same routine for most of my paintings.
1. 10 minutes: Basic sketch. In my opinion, this is the most fun part because it's where you start to see your vision come to life.
2. 2 minutes: Sky Color. This is the first layer I put down on all of my paintings because whatever color I choose for the sky will determine the colors I choose for everything else. Sometimes this layer needs adjusting throughout the process.
3. 10-30 minutes: Rough blocking in of color. Sometimes I get a little carried away and do more detail in this step than I really should. It makes changing things later more difficult.
4. 45 minutes - 1 hour: New layers and getting a little bit more detailed. No extreme detail yet. I'm still zoomed way out so that i can see the overall picture.
5. 1 hour: Working a little bit more on some detail in the background and mid ground. Maybe zooming in a little bit to get into small spaces.
6. 2 - 3 hours: Zooming way in to add details. Adding dirt, fire, some lighting effects, moon shine, grass, people, etc.
7. 30 minutes - 1 hour: Contrast layers, level layers, color curve layers, color balance layers, lighting effects layers (using overlay blending mode)
and that's where I usually stop. Sometimes I'll sharped the painting a little to make it a bit more crisp.