00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Em0-Snail just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Colorer needed for new Dating Sim

7,159 Views | 24 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-03-31 01:10:03

Hi everyone,
You may know me from the previous dating sim I made, Twinkle Revue Sim Date 2. Well, I'm taking a go at dating sims again, and I need help. This time around, I wanted to do all-original/freehand-copied art. The only thing is, the way things are right now, I need to finish it by September '07, and I won't make the deadline unless I get someone to color my sketches for me, so I will post a few sample sketches here, and if anyone's interested in helping me out, please color them and post them here for me to check. There are a few guidelines to follow, though:

-First of all, my stupid scanner broke :(, so these sample pics are going to look like crap, so if you want to help me out, I hope you don't mind working with pics of this quality. It depends on your coloring method whether this will be a factor or not.

-Secondly, backgrounds are not neccessary for these sample pics. Just the figures. I will sketch whatever you need to color, so don't worry about that.

-Also, there are things in the pics I left out on purpose, such as the pupils, which I think can be done better in the coloring stage instead of the sketching phase.

-Please realize that for dating sims, there are lots of pics to deal with. My last game had over 100 graphics, large and small (backgrounds, items, people, etc.). Of course, I'll try to share the load, but if you don't think you can go the distance, this job's not for you.

-Please color all the pics I'm posting. I'm looking for consistency as well as quality.

-And lastly, I can do a decent job myself; I just need an extra hand so I have time and energy for other parts of the game, and of course for RL, so if you don't have decent coloring skills, I probably won't select you. Please keep in mind that the quality of a good hentai pic greatly depends on how well it is colored, and though only about 15% of the pics will probably be of the hentai nature, quality is still paramount.

Ok, I think that's enough info for now, so here's the first pic below. And by the way, these are just sample pics. They won't be in the game. You will get more details about the game if you are selected.

P.S. This board only allows me to post small versions of the sketches, if you want larger ones, I will post some links to larger versions within a few minutes of posting the pics here.

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-03-31 01:11:36

Here's the second pic:

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-03-31 01:12:47

Here's my third sample pic:

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-03-31 01:23:40

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-03-31 13:54:26

Hi, it's me again, sorry about the multiple posts, but I just need to clear a few common misconceptions up.
First of all, I am looking preferably for computer-colored style (not sketchy), unless you're exceptionally good at something else, such as airbrush. Also, since this is obviously a big job, please realize that I will be working with you to help out if you need it.
And if you are considering offering to help, please post the colored versions of all three sample pics, as they each have different coloring elements in them which are necessary for the job. For example, the one with the windblown dress will require shading for the wavy dress, the second one will demonstrate your proficiency with skin tones, and the third will show how you color the eyes, among other things. Submitting these particular pics also ensures that it's your original work, and not something you got off the internet.

And one more thing: I forgot to say thank you to everyone for taking the time to read this and participate. I really appreciate your interest, and am looking forward to hearing from you.

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-03-31 14:22:14

Sure I could give it a go, going to make it ASAP :)

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-03-31 16:29:01

Great! I'm definitely looking forward to it!

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-02 12:18:07

Ok, I'll keep this contest open for one week, and then I think I'll just bite the bullet and do it myself if I can't find anyone by then. I'm really suprised not very many people have approached me yet. Coloring's the easiest part.

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-02 13:31:36

...you'd probably get a better response if you posted this in the art forum.

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-02 22:24:16

Ooh, me! Mememe!

Ignore the fact that the background is a horrible cop-out. I'm just about to leave the country in a few hours, but I'll try to finish up the samples then (in a week. sorry.)

I guess you can use this one to figure out if you think I'm worth waiting for. XP

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-02 22:34:35

At 4/2/07 01:31 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: ...you'd probably get a better response if you posted this in the art forum.

Well, I understand what you mean, but I've read quite a bit of stuff in the art forum, and a lot of the moderators seem to be of the opinion that the art forum was originally intended for finished, high quality art, and not for unfinished, random stuff. (I think I read somewhere that if you don't think it's high enough quality to be sellable, don't start a thread with it, or something like that). Anyway, I kind of respect that idea, and besides, I usually like to stay on the safe side, so I posted it here, where most people post requests for help with their flash projects, which is basically what I'm doing.

At 4/2/07 10:24 PM, Sandcastle wrote:

:I guess you can use this one to figure out if you think I'm worth waiting for. XP

Yeah, that's definitely worth waiting for! Thanks very much for your willingness, and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of them! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-03 00:34:28

Your first post and it has an amazingly coloured girl, with an equally good background.I doubt he'll reject you. But that's my opinion.

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-07 16:32:53

Ah, only just saw this today!
Are you still considering for your colorer? Because I am very interested in this, and I'm coloring the third picture for your reviewal, will be with you very soon.

And I know it's cliche, but I loved you game, played all the endings^^.

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-07 18:46:22

At 4/7/07 04:32 PM, Saithe wrote: Ah, only just saw this today!
Are you still considering for your colorer? Because I am very interested in this, and I'm coloring the third picture for your reviewal, will be with you very soon.

Awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing it. Thanks for your interest. There are certainly other candidates, but yes, this offer is still open.

And I know it's cliche, but I loved you game, played all the endings^^.

Thanks for playing, and it's always nice to hear it's appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-12 20:59:31

Haha. I'm glad you liked my last pic.
The colors get so washed out when I post them. Oh well...:(
Next pic's coming tomorrow. Watch out!

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-13 00:03:24

Very nice! And sorry about the shape of the hips on this one. I'll definitely work on that in the future. I'm really glad to see you're back! I hope your trip went well. Can't wait to see the next pic! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-13 00:28:30

Hi everyone, and sorry for the double post. I just need to give an update on the current situation for the project.
Ok, well, the original plan for this project was for me to do some sketches and do all original art for this sim, but recently, I've come across some artwork online that was much better than I could ever have time to achieve, and it's exactly what I was going to do anyway. So I hesitatingly decided that I will go with as much of it as possible.
The up side is that most of it is in ink, which means that it still needs to be colored, and it will be an easier job to color.
The "downside" is that it won't be my original art; it will be professional art which I will modify to fit the project.
I will likely still include some of my sketches and things if need be, but basically for whoever takes this job as a colorer, I hope you don't mind coloring some, well, manga work instead of original work. If this bothers you at all, my apologies for not being straight with you from the start, but this is an ongoing project, and I want it to be as high quality as possible, which can be achieved, in my opinion, by taking this route.
Of course, full credit will be given to whoever deserves it, so don't feel like I'm stealing anything here. And pretty much all the backgrounds will be original work, though mostly done on the PC, so it'll be easier to color too.
Thank you,
-Overdrawn

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-14 05:00:49

Just played you game today. Very Nice. It seems more hours passed while I was playing it than I had realized ^^; After that I was about to start some other crap on photoshop but decided to color one of these pics.

Yeah man I know how it is coloring pics.. I'm pretty lazy about that because is pretty time consuming. I make a few games on Multimedia Fusion myself. 100+ pics eh? whew.. ..I got time to color for anyone who is serious about what they do.

I changed a few things with the pic I found a little distorted. (sry I'm use to doing that ><) and added the little fine details bla bla.

Not using your own original art anymore eh? =( ..ah well here is one of the pics anyway. others otw.

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-14 16:06:52

My 2nd Color Pic submission is in this post.

Idk. This seems like a green-haired character but I guess all the music I was listening to when coloring this made me go with red hair^^;

BTW. Mainly listening to this song while coloring:
(Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around Comes Around)

3rd Picture to test how well one colors eyes eh? Should be up by today.

I also modified the First Picture I colored, by making skin tones lighter and adjusting shadows.

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-14 18:22:13

3rd Pic here.

Heh, I didn't even realize this and the other pic was the same character till I opened it up in PhotoShop (go figure).

I think it was because the hair in the front is slightly different between the two pics. But as soon as I saw the bow tie in her hair it dawned on me ;)

Added little details here and there bla bla.
Now time to go eat >.>

Comments on the 3 color pics welcomed.

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-14 20:16:05

Hi Vortex!
Great job on all the pics! You really pounded them out quickly, which is definitely a plus. Thanks for the offer, and I'm definitely impressed.

I really like Sandcastle's art a lot, but it doesn't seem like she can complete the works as promptly as you can, though I certainly understand that such high quality work is very time consuming, and I appreciate her efforts.

So, this contest is officially over, and Vortex wins. Congratulations!

I'll PM you all the info you need pretty soon.

And thanks again to everyone who participated. You guys are awesome!

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-14 20:22:12

At 3/31/07 01:11 AM, Overdrawn wrote: Here's the second pic:

Ahh, my young innocent eyes are burning!

BBS Signature

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-14 21:46:39

Okay thanks. and looking foward to it.

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-15 21:28:51

haha...oops.
Yeah, I am kinda slow in production.
No hard feelings, though. I like Vortex's art a lot, and actually think his coloring style would be more suited to a dating sim anyhow.
Looking forward to the new game!

Response to Colorer needed for new Dating Sim 2007-04-16 01:13:30

I'm giving one of your pics a try. If I don't post again that means I failed to make a decent colored picture.