00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NobeastcanDefeatme just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mac7 - March

42,706 Views | 448 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 13:46:43

Welcome to the

Monthly Audio Contest 2007 - March PICO LOOP theme.

Mac7 - March

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 13:47:05

Pico Who?
- Pico is one of the original characters spawned by this very site's creator, TomFulp.
If you didn't know who Pico was before, all you need to know can be seen in the flashes on the Pico Collection Page.

About the Audio Contest this month
- There’s an awesome Flash Contest coming up for Pico day 2007. For flash authors to enter the contest, it is encouraged that audio is used from the NG Audio Portal. This is where You as an audio author comes in.
- The audio contest this month will be making audio loops for the flash-smiths. Collaborations are of course encouraged. There are many reasons for this, main reason would be to see more high quality flashes on NG! Both audio and flash authors should read through the page about how to optimize your audio. You’ll find that .wav is to prefer in front of .mp3, for many reasons. Collaborations makes this easier, and the result prettier!

Contest Awards
- Tom Fulp and NG are contributing with awesome awards this month, in addition to the standard e-awards;

Top Ten Loops
#1. 250 USD, a Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!
#2 - 10. A Newgrounds t-shirt and stickers!

- FrontPage spots for the two highest ranked loops.
- A sig-pic with the winners name on it (for everyone to use).
- Top ten submissions will be announced live by radiogrounds.com DJ PsychoGoldfish.

Entering the Contest, Basic Rules
# This contest allows two entries/user. One "battle style" and one softer, which basically could be anything. As long as it has the right "Pico-Feel" to it.
# The time length for each loop is MAXIMUM 60 seconds.
# If the same author have two loops in the top 10, only one will count (#11 will receive an award if that's case).

1 - Check the Rules for Submitting Audio to the NGAP. If you still are unsure what's OK to upload and what's not, check this old thread.

2 - Make your loop(s) slaving these rules.

3 - Submit the loop(s) to the NG Audio Portal. To be accepted in the contest, the loops must have been submitted to the AP during March or April 2007.

4 - Go to this thread and post a link to your audio page. You risk not being in the contest if you do not post links to your audio page, make sure the name of the loop(s) are in the post.

5 - If you intend on submitting two loops, please submit them in the same post, it helps us keeping the contest structured.

6 - Don't come around with crappy alts. And do not break any of the rules stated in this thread. If we find out you do, you risk being disqualified from this contest. Depending on how serious your actions are, you might get banned from the contest for a time. Basic BBS rules apply in this thread, of course. If there are posts that are irrelevant for the contest/spam, a BBS moderator will clean up, meaning your post(s) might get deleted, and you risk getting banned from posting.

7 - You should have your submission signed up for the contest in this thread before March have ended, If you cannot post by one reason or another, PM LJCoffee or Rucklo, enter a valid reason why you can't do it yourself, and we'll make sure your contest entry is in.

8 - There will be no changing of contest audios, unless there have been a mistake one way or another. If that is the case, PM LJCoffee or Rucklo and explain what the deal is. Make sure that you're satisfied with your contest entry before submitting it!

9 - We will narrow the submissions down to 10 audios that goes to the second and final stage of the contest. All of these 10 submissions will receive judgment from the judging crew. This way we get a high judge/audio rating, and thus a more fair judging.

10 - Have fun creating!!!

Extra notes
- The judging will be done similar to the previous MAC´s. If you are interested in judging, PM LJCoffee or Rucklo. Some users will be asked to judge for previous judging efforts! Note that judges aren’t allowed to compete.

- Rules, guidelines and other things that this contest have, may change as time goes by. If anything changes, you will find out by staying updated to this thread.

- If you have any bright ideas for future contests, you can bring them to this thread. Here you can receive feedback from other users and previous contest-creators. The thread also have a purpose to co-ordinate contests in the Audio Forum, so the most can be gained from each contest, instead of having many small getting little attention.

Previous Audio Contest in the Audio Forum
MAC7 - February
Mrac06 - December
Mrac06 - November
MAC6 - October X-MAS theme
MAC6 - August TANKMEN theme
MAC6 - July OPEN CONTEST
Heaviest riff ever competition! (2006)
March Contest (2006)
Battle of the Audio Portal (2005)

MAC7 - March Crewmembers and their function.
LJCoffee - Chief Judge.
TomFulp - Provides the physical awards, along with running this website, newgrounds.com
PsychoGoldfish - DJ who will announce the winners live on radiogrounds.com
Denvish - BBS Moderator, puts the top two audios on the newgrounds.com front page.
MindChamber - Artwork.
DarKsidE555 - List master, updates the list of the new submissions.
Metalcan - Sig-pic artist. He's been making the sig-pics for all MACs so far.
Rucklo - Contest manager.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 13:50:15

wait, we can't post them on a third party website as .wavs :'(

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 14:00:25

At 3/20/07 01:50 PM, SBB wrote: wait, we can't post them on a third party website as .wavs :'(

You must submit an mp3 to the NG AP, but if somone likes your loops and wants to use it, hopefully they will contact you for the .wav.

Also, I see no problem with posting links to a thir party website, with your loop represented in .wav. Just remember it must be on NGAP as well! For the contest, what you've submitted to NG will be judged, nothing else.

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 14:04:17

At 3/20/07 01:46 PM, Rucklo wrote: Monthly Audio Contest 2007 - March PICO LOOP theme.

Woo-Hooo! Nice to see the next MAC is underway. Good luck to all who decide to enter!

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 14:07:08

Oh, ok.

Actually I'm starting a bit now lol

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 14:27:54

Wish I could join in but I got my exams coming up :( + I'm not really good so I don't have any hopes even if I did enter... Well I wish all who enter good luck and now I bid you fare well!

Too true:

SCUD14 wrote: I got kicked out a bookshop because someone misplaced the bibles. I returned them to their brethren in fiction.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 14:53:58

If anyone needs an idea, I wouldn't mind a Darnell themed one. I'm thinking sorta rap, hip hop sorta loop, with classic Pico sounds and instruments in there.

- Have a look at the sprites and info on the game here, scroll down to the last one on the list.
- Some sprites

PM me too if you wouldn't mind.

WEBSITE

BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~

NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 14:55:19

Finally, I get to make something original for a contest. I have some swell ideas for this one :)

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 14:59:40

here is my entry its a short version of a tune im working on

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 15:00:48

At 3/20/07 02:59 PM, tomfitz wrote: here is my entry its a short version of a tune im working on

that was indeed fast...

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 15:01:10

At 3/20/07 02:59 PM, tomfitz wrote: here is my entry its a short version of a tune im working on

sorry i didnt say the name of my entry the name is: ;preview; xplode

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 15:07:16

Already submitting???

You have a decent amount of time to work on. Spend some time on it before submitting.

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 15:11:29

Oooh, this one's gonna be fun. Definitely looking forward to this one.

Though you can already reserve one of those fp spots for me.

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 15:17:04

Seriously, i'm going to try and bring down the full brunt of god DAMNED pico on your faces!

I need a bit of clarification here, the top one gets 250 + shirt right, not top 10.

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 15:24:02

Oh god, deadlines give me butterflies in my stomach. I need to learn to work by them though at least for part of my life, so I might try this contest out. Don't really know pico to well though. Teen angst i spose?

Hi MaestroRage :)

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 15:26:16

Hi MaestroRage :)

:D

Hey MrDrunk. You'll be competing too eh?

Excellent. I'd say lets collab, but I don't know the rules on collaberations. I know we're encouraged to collab with flash artists, what about teh audo artists?

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 15:29:11

At 3/20/07 03:17 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Seriously, i'm going to try and bring down the full brunt of god DAMNED pico on your faces!

I need a bit of clarification here, the top one gets 250 + shirt right, not top 10.

Yeah only first place gets the cash, the rest get shirts and stickers.

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 16:08:04

ah... after seeing the songs chosen for the feb. mac, i can get some inspiration. im gonna work really, really hard on this one... maybe classical...

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 16:15:24

ok well.... im gonna make a different entry so i can make it good so ignore my last one

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 16:18:27

At 3/20/07 04:15 PM, tomfitz wrote: ok well.... im gonna make a different entry so i can make it good so ignore my last one

i don't think you're allowed doing so

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 16:29:57

ok well keep that because we get 2 entries :D

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 16:32:17

At 3/20/07 04:29 PM, tomfitz wrote: ok well keep that because we get 2 entries :D

you sure you read the second post right?

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 16:32:56

Haha! I might try this.
If you've already won is it OK to win again?

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 16:48:46

you sure you read the second post right?

yes :P and we get to enter 2 loops

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 16:53:27

At 3/20/07 03:17 PM, MaestroRage wrote: Seriously, i'm going to try and bring down the full brunt of god DAMNED pico on your faces!

0.75 thats all I have to say, don't I Maestro. (:

Remeber kids, plz state your entry in the following way:

Contest entry #1 or #2
Name and Link

Or if you aren't sure, check the other MAC's for more information.

I'll come up with more stuff in my first listpost.

BTW, I will teh pwn you all with ma riff of death! >: (

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 17:11:54

At 3/20/07 04:48 PM, tomfitz wrote:
yes :P and we get to enter 2 loops

But one loop is to be "combat style" and one loop "more chilled out". Two combatstyle loops (basicly fast paced whatever stuff) = only the first one in the contest.

The reason for the limit is so that you guys will actually put some EFFORT into making the loops, and not just pick random smaller loops and spray out submissions.

But don't be shy to get out with the loops when theyre done, this contest was supposed to be launched last week, and even a little earlier, so that flash contestants can use the loops in the Pico-flash contest!

At 3/20/07 04:32 PM, Glib wrote: Haha! I might try this.
If you've already won is it OK to win again?

You can always try ;)
In fact I dare you to :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 17:39:26

That's absolutely not flexible? 61 seconds wouldn't cut it?

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 17:43:23

At 3/20/07 05:39 PM, AdmiralConquistador wrote:
That's absolutely not flexible? 61 seconds wouldn't cut it?

Nope, the law.. i mean rules are equal for everyone.

long time no see, man :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Mac7 - March 2007-03-20 17:52:10

I'm new to the music business, but you gotta give the new guy a shot, eh? :)
I'm in.

BBS Signature