Be a Supporter!

Top 50 Protectors List

  • 159,447 Views
  • 3,222 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2011-12-31 10:40:32 Reply

At 12/31/11 09:52 AM, Coop wrote: Update #46 - 31st December 2011
011) 67,367 || + 1,136 || Gagsy
012) 66,450 || + 0,498 || FattyWhale
013) 65,978 || + 0,190 || illuminate
014) 58,417 || + 0,615 || Auz

Thanks Coop!

Low gain for me this month. I haven't really cared much for the portal. At least I'm still gaining more than FattyWhale and illuminate though, so spot #12 is still achievable.

At 12/31/11 09:52 AM, Coop wrote: 19) 058,417 | 07,827 | Auz

Nice to see I'm in the top 20 for this year.

Have a happy new year all!


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2011-12-31 11:03:36 Reply

At 12/31/11 09:52 AM, Coop wrote: Update #46 - 31st December 2011

Thanks for the update!

036) 37,276 || + 0,000 || AshtonNextGen
037) 37,065 || + 0,138 || BlueHippo 1
038) 36,977 || + 0,000 || Crolpa -1
039) 36,857 || + 0,555 || Haggard 4

A gain of 555 is very nice. On the first update this year, I had 31,857 saves, so I gained exactly 5000 saves this year (I wish the same was true for blams). This means that I will have a chance of reaching 40k saves next year, as well as passing one big blue dragon who stopped at 37,777 saves.
Maybe I should stop at 37,778. HA!


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2011-12-31 12:28:40 Reply

At 12/31/11 09:52 AM, Coop wrote: Statmas Special 2011 - top 20 Gainers 2011:

Cool extra stat! Technically, I should be in this list. Since I wasn't in the top #150 at the time, I can understand why I wasn't included, and I don't really mind. I was just interested in my own pace, and concluded that it must be around #11.

Since this is your last update of the year (as you are probably drinking right now :P), I'd like to thank you for another year of consistently putting out those lists. Keep up the great work!

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 45
Musician
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2011-12-31 12:40:51 Reply

Thanks for the last update of the year Coop!


<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2011-12-31 13:16:48 Reply

At 12/31/11 12:28 PM, Nijsse wrote: Since this is your last update of the year (as you are probably drinking right now :P), I'd like to thank you for another year of consistently putting out those lists. Keep up the great work!

I'm not drinking just yet - quarter past six and the evening is still young. I'll get there, in less than an hour, but give it time.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Member since: Nov. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-05 02:41:13 Reply

Oh, I am about to get pwned. :( Well, at least ramagi is no longer active. :P


BBS Signature
mia419
mia419
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-08 03:36:14 Reply

whats the best way to find entries that either need saving or blamming?


BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-08 04:38:15 Reply

At 1/8/12 03:36 AM, mia419 wrote: whats the best way to find entries that either need saving or blamming?

The only way to earn save or blam points is to go to the Flash Portal and watch the submissions that have a purple background and then vote on the submissions. If you voted 2-5 and the flash passes judgement, you will get a save point. If you vote 0 or 1 and the flash gets blammed, you will get a blam point. See the picture for reference.

Top 50 Protectors List


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

mia419
mia419
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2011
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Gamer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-08 19:31:27 Reply

At 1/8/12 04:38 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/8/12 03:36 AM, mia419 wrote: whats the best way to find entries that either need saving or blamming?
The only way to earn save or blam points is to go to the Flash Portal and watch the submissions that have a purple background and then vote on the submissions. If you voted 2-5 and the flash passes judgement, you will get a save point. If you vote 0 or 1 and the flash gets blammed, you will get a blam point. See the picture for reference.

wow thats way simpler than i thought when i read through abut blams/saves somewhere on the site thanks for the visual!


BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-28 16:27:54 Reply

Update #47 - 28th January 2012
Looks like we're down a little on last month, but that can be expected, with the way that people have submitted slightly less flash since Xmas and now that we're getting into a lull until Valentines andso forth... Mind you, more people should be in with the colder weather, which is setting in about now in the UK.

Oh yeah, in the past month, I've managed to pass 29,000 Blams and that's something to sing about around here!

Milestones:
50,000 Saves - Nightforce666
45,000 Saves - DoctorStrongbad; ElDavid
30,000 Saves - Pyro-911; RalphieUJ

Top 5 Gainers:
+ 1,528 - DoctorStrongbad
+ 1,121 - Martin
+ 1,100 - byteslinger
+ 1,062 - dx5231
+ 1,047 - Idiot-Finder

One month with only 5 people gaining 1,000+ Saves? See, I told you the pace was down, which is strange, yet impressive.

The List:
Rank) Saves | Gain | Username
001) 133,708 || + 0,789 || Toocool100
002) 113,659 || + 0,266 || AfroUnderscoreStud
003) 106,594 || + 0,000 || harryjarry
004) 99,478 || + 0,745 || Armissea
005) 96,301 || + 0,960 || DrJam
006) 94,082 || + 0,871 || Punisher
007) 79,672 || + 0,153 || courtday
008) 73,112 || + 1,100 || byteslinger
009) 71,471 || + 0,767 || Coop
010) 69,192 || + 0,084 || Wylo
011) 68,296 || + 0,929 || Gagsy
012) 66,851 || + 0,401 || FattyWhale
013) 66,226 || + 0,248 || illuminate
014) 58,858 || + 0,441 || Auz
015) 55,911 || + 0,000 || Rule
016) 55,446 || + 0,281 || Ehwaz003
017) 51,608 || + 0,965 || pokemonpoeguygcn
018) 50,051 || + 0,669 || Nightforce666 1
019) 49,787 || + 0,392 || Sentio -1
020) 49,486 || + 0,416 || Patcoola
021) 48,116 || + 0,000 || RemRulzz
022) 47,242 || + 1,047 || Idiot-Finder
023) 46,468 || + 1,528 || DoctorStrongbad
024) 45,542 || + 0,848 || ElDavid
025) 44,991 || + 0,341 || iscrulz
026) 43,979 || + 0,129 || Newgrundling
027) 43,424 || + 0,410 || Semaphore
028) 41,160 || + 1,121 || Martin 2
029) 40,822 || + 0,001 || ReconRebel -1
030) 40,258 || + 0,000 || Phantom -1
031) 39,254 || + 0,768 || MessiaH 2
032) 39,203 || + 0,058 || ouandyoi -1
033) 39,068 || + 0,361 || XwaynecoltX -1
034) 38,087 || + 0,000 || Dakka942
035) 37,777 || + 0,000 || Bahamut
036) 37,278 || + 0,002 || AshtonNextGen
037) 37,226 || + 0,369 || Haggard 2
038) 37,195 || + 0,130 || BlueHippo -1
039) 36,977 || + 0,000 || Crolpa -1
040) 36,853 || + 0,460 || Little-Rena 4
041) 36,660 || + 0,067 || simon
042) 36,631 || + 0,352 || georgeproject 3
043) 36,628 || + 0,000 || TheDepthsofHell -3
044) 36,595 || + 0,850 || RandomFoolishness 5
045) 36,571 || + 0,012 || Seamonky -3
046) 36,499 || + 0,000 || pwroftheseagoat -3
047) 36,268 || + 0,817 || JustCruizin88 3
048) 36,224 || + 0,000 || azteca89 -2
049) 36,071 || + 0,235 || Dream-of-Duke -1
050) 36,017 || + 0,000 || ramagi -3


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-28 16:28:07 Reply

051) 35,499 || + 357 || Overtired
052) 34,800 || + 032 || Emlfuryoflion
053) 34,790 || + 503 || someone-else 2
054) 34,395 || + 013 || gfoxcook -1
055) 34,345 || + 000 || LockClock -1
056) 33,402 || + 000 || zimzap
057) 33,338 || + 000 || Hacsev
058) 32,710 || + 099 || AllReligiousDrunk
059) 32,464 || + 000 || schneelocke
060) 31,862 || + 704 || skatin-andy 3
061) 31,654 || + 000 || Mrputter -1
062) 31,542 || + 000 || Rabindarath -1
063) 31,422 || + 000 || PenguinLink -1
064) 31,041 || + 088 || cobra0528
065) 30,933 || + 493 || Cynic8387
066) 30,688 || + 883 || Pyro-911 6
067) 30,348 || + 000 || RenegadeGirl -1
068) 30,299 || + 183 || Voidist
069) 30,230 || + 024 || Now-n-Again -2
070) 30,008 || + 000 || Denvish -1
071) 30,001 || + 000 || shunshuu -1
072) 30,000 || + 111 || RalphieUJ -1
073) 29,961 || + 628 || Cyberdevil 1
074) 29,496 || + 083 || DonDoli -1
075) 29,237 || + 420 || reverend 1
076) 29,236 || + 506 || chazzybigdog 2
077) 29,008 || + 000 || BonusStage -2
078) 28,963 || + 211 || Sonucais -1
079) 28,319 || + 212 || tdpl 1
080) 28,214 || + 000 || bila -1
081) 28,026 || + 000 || pepeatumi
082) 27,894 || + 146 || Shanus
083) 27,552 || + 116 || DeathW1ng 1
084) 27,500 || + 034 || Fluffington -1
085) 27,043 || + 000 || Omgee
086) 26,919 || + 000 || EagleRock
087) 26,902 || + 126 || Hades
088) 26,732 || + 009 || aldlv
089) 26,644 || + 000 || X-Naut
090) 26,571 || + 000 || Major-punk
091) 26,556 || + 320 || Nijsse
092) 26,310 || + 101 || gamejunkie 1
093) 26,215 || + 000 || Gooch -1
094) 26,015 || + 000 || Sispri
095) 25,720 || + 000 || Mendou
096) 25,718 || + 000 || Andersson
097) 25,575 || + 039 || Odyssic
098) 25,432 || + 132 || mac428
099) 25,351 || + 124 || Justin
100) 24,954 || + 000 || Syslock


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-28 16:28:20 Reply

101) 24,695 || + 0,162 || Hemlok 3
102) 24,642 || + 0,000 || M-A-R-C-U-S -1
103) 24,610 || + 0,000 || Metal-Therapy -1
104) 24,588 || + 0,000 || Qwoxyl -1
105) 24,278 || + 0,108 || leeboy105 1
106) 24,274 || + 0,000 || JerkClock -1
107) 24,136 || + 0,033 || DumbassDude 1
108) 24,113 || + 0,001 || Rhete -1
109) 24,096 || + 0,902 || Jolly 3
110) 23,937 || + 1,062 || dx5231 6
111) 23,684 || + 0,083 || STEM -2
112) 23,467 || + 0,346 || piggyclock 1
113) 23,230 || + 0,000 || vader316 -3
114) 23,226 || + 0,000 || Fro -3
115) 23,126 || + 0,014 || idiot-buster -1
116) 22,959 || + 0,000 || Minion777 -1
117) 22,786 || + 0,000 || MPA
118) 22,741 || + 0,020 || Pikanjo
119) 22,696 || + 0,006 || the-puppet
120) 22,500 || + 0,000 || Kamikazetomato
121) 22,435 || + 0,819 || sandwich-eater 7
122) 22,374 || + 0,111 || Sakurazukamori -1
123) 22,150 || + 0,000 || glover85 -1
124) 22,123 || + 0,407 || SCTE3 3
125) 22,025 || + 0,000 || Major-Blood -2
126) 22,022 || + 0,000 || WilhelmTheVampire -2
127) 21,963 || + 0,000 || Deadchick -2
128) 21,831 || + 0,001 || bifgis -2
129) 21,403 || + 0,042 || ornery 1
130) 21,374 || + 0,000 || Dew -1
131) 21,370 || + 0,241 || sixflab 3
132) 21,362 || + 0,001 || NEVR -1
133) 21,352 || + 0,010 || TheSoulMan -1
134) 21,328 || + 0,000 || Joshiwa -1
135) 21,222 || + 0,253 || firebot00
136) 20,910 || + 0,149 || DarKSidE555
137) 20,857 || + 0,100 || RohantheBarbarian
138) 20,449 || + 0,000 || AtomicTerrorist
139) 20,135 || + 0,000 || Kaytee
140) 20,011 || + 0,001 || LittleWashu
141) 20,000 || + 0,000 || ShadowFlareX
142) 19,614 || + 0,000 || icean
143) 19,570 || + 0,000 || cadreamer
144) 19,566 || + 0,000 || LordDarkaos
145) 19,489 || + 0,000 || cHunter
146) 19,377 || + 0,000 || Stormwarden
147) 19,134 || + 0,005 || Sir-Nuts
148) 18,905 || + 0,000 || Tex2002ans
149) 18,750 || + 0,061 || 7384-9809
150) 18,414 || + 0,000 || Pieriku

Most Saves Gained: DoctorStrongbad (+1,528)
Most Ranks Gained: sandwich-eater (+7)
Most Ranks Lost: ramagi; Seamonky; pwroftheseagoat; TheDepthsofHell; vader316; Fro (-3)
Total Saves: 5,258,006
Total Saves Gained: 32,018

My social life has taken its toll on boith my wallet and my stats over the past week or so. Here's hoping that I can get myself sorted with some more Saves ovder the next month. Ciao for now.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
sandwich-eater
sandwich-eater
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 41
Programmer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-28 17:23:52 Reply

Most Ranks Gained: sandwich-eater (+7)

Oh yay.


BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-28 17:33:55 Reply

At 1/28/12 04:27 PM, Coop wrote: 012) 66,851 || + 0,401 || FattyWhale
013) 66,226 || + 0,248 || illuminate
014) 58,858 || + 0,441 || Auz

Wow, really? Man, I remember days when I gained like 1,000 per month or so and now I can't even make it halfway. Fortunately I'm still doing a little better than the guys directly above me though. Getting there, slowly but surely.

Thanks Choop


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-29 03:04:05 Reply

At 1/28/12 04:27 PM, Coop wrote: Update #47 - 28th January 2012

Milestones:

:: 45,000 Saves - DoctorStrongbad

Top 5 Gainers:
+ 1,528 - DoctorStrongbad

The List:
Rank) Saves | Gain | Username
023) 46,468 || + 1,528 || DoctorStrongbad

Looks like a great update for me.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Haggard
Haggard
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-01-29 03:21:31 Reply

At 12/31/11 09:52 AM, Coop wrote:

Thanks for the update!

035) 37,777 || + 0,000 || Bahamut -1
036) 37,276 || + 0,000 || AshtonNextGen
037) 37,065 || + 0,138 || BlueHippo 1
038) 36,977 || + 0,000 || Crolpa -1
039) 36,857 || + 0,555 || Haggard 4

A good gain for me, I'm slowly closing in on Bahamut. I'm still not sure if I should stop somewhere around 37,777 or not. But I still have some time to make up my mind.


Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-24 10:22:40 Reply

So this hasn't been updated in a while. Is it still active?


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-24 17:46:15 Reply

At 4/24/12 10:22 AM, DiMono wrote: So this hasn't been updated in a while. Is it still active?

I've not got the time to deal with the lists atm. I'm looking for people to take over, to be honest.

Any volunteers?


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-24 18:45:21 Reply

At 4/24/12 05:46 PM, Coop wrote: I've not got the time to deal with the lists atm. I'm looking for people to take over, to be honest.
Any volunteers?

What is required to take over?


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

ravichayal
ravichayal
  • Member since: Mar. 14, 2012
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 01
Gamer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-25 03:53:17 Reply

Thanks for the list dear

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-26 00:27:29 Reply

At 4/24/12 05:46 PM, Coop wrote:
At 4/24/12 10:22 AM, DiMono wrote: So this hasn't been updated in a while. Is it still active?
I've not got the time to deal with the lists atm. I'm looking for people to take over, to be honest.

Any volunteers?

Once upon a time ago I built a tool for tracking medal points, which is currently used to update the top medal earners list. I could probably clone it for each of the other lists. It would take the time required for each list down to a matter of minutes per update. Would that help?


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-26 04:05:46 Reply

At 4/26/12 12:27 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 4/24/12 05:46 PM, Coop wrote: Any volunteers?
Once upon a time ago I built a tool for tracking medal points, which is currently used to update the top medal earners list. I could probably clone it for each of the other lists. It would take the time required for each list down to a matter of minutes per update. Would that help?

You miss the point, dear programmer. I already have a program from byteslinger for just this purpose. I lack even the few minutes required to run it and analyse the results and post them to the forums.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Member since: May. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-26 04:28:47 Reply

At 4/26/12 04:05 AM, Coop wrote:
At 4/26/12 12:27 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 4/24/12 05:46 PM, Coop wrote: Any volunteers?
Once upon a time ago I built a tool for tracking medal points, which is currently used to update the top medal earners list. I could probably clone it for each of the other lists. It would take the time required for each list down to a matter of minutes per update. Would that help?
You miss the point, dear programmer. I already have a program from byteslinger for just this purpose. I lack even the few minutes required to run it and analyse the results and post them to the forums.

If you can't find anyone, I'd like to do it.

I'm not near this list (I need about 14.000 more saves), but I don't think that's necessary to post the list :).
If you rather want someone else I can understand though.


The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-26 04:50:51 Reply

At 4/26/12 04:28 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: If you can't find anyone, I'd like to do it.

I'm not near this list (I need about 14.000 more saves), but I don't think that's necessary to post the list :).
If you rather want someone else I can understand though.

Given your dedication to other parts of this website, I'd say you're a decent candidate. Sure, you never really seemed to care about B/P'ing, but I'm sure Coop can teach you how things work. I mean, it's essential you make a rant every month about people who seemed to have lost their blam button. =)

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-26 07:43:09 Reply

At 4/26/12 04:50 AM, Nijsse wrote: Given your dedication to other parts of this website, I'd say you're a decent candidate. Sure, you never really seemed to care about B/P'ing, but I'm sure Coop can teach you how things work. I mean, it's essential you make a rant every month about people who seemed to have lost their blam button. =)

And you know that it's the single most important thing. Generally, if you want to do one list, I'd hope that both Blams and Saves can be operated by one user, it seems a shame to break them both up

Cricket being cricket, I have so much on my plate at the moment, I've got no free time on weekends. The joy of being a captain, scorer and club secretary, I suppose. Still, it'll look good on the old CV :)


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Member since: Feb. 23, 2005
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-26 15:29:47 Reply

At 4/26/12 04:28 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 4/26/12 04:05 AM, Coop wrote:
At 4/26/12 12:27 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 4/24/12 05:46 PM, Coop wrote: Any volunteers?
Once upon a time ago I built a tool for tracking medal points, which is currently used to update the top medal earners list. I could probably clone it for each of the other lists. It would take the time required for each list down to a matter of minutes per update. Would that help?
You miss the point, dear programmer. I already have a program from byteslinger for just this purpose. I lack even the few minutes required to run it and analyse the results and post them to the forums.
If you can't find anyone, I'd like to do it.

I'm not near this list (I need about 14.000 more saves), but I don't think that's necessary to post the list :).
If you rather want someone else I can understand though.

Not that I have much of a say on the matter, but I won't have any objections if you want to take over the list. Better than having nobody at all and I'm sure you'll do a fine job.


[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Member since: May. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-26 16:05:49 Reply

At 4/26/12 03:29 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/26/12 04:28 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 4/24/12 05:46 PM, Coop wrote: Any volunteers?
If you can't find anyone, I'd like to do it.
Not that I have much of a say on the matter, but I won't have any objections if you want to take over the list. Better than having nobody at all and I'm sure you'll do a fine job.

Thank you. I'll need to be informed of some things though. How often do you want the list? And can I download the program somewhere? Or do I need to work with Excel?


The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-27 01:41:24 Reply

At 4/26/12 04:05 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: Thank you. I'll need to be informed of some things though. How often do you want the list? And can I download the program somewhere? Or do I need to work with Excel?

Good luck Knuckstrike. Will be nice to see somebody take over. Let me know if you need any help.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Coop
Coop
  • Member since: Apr. 28, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 59
Writer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-27 04:20:49 Reply

At 4/26/12 04:05 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 4/26/12 03:29 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/26/12 04:28 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: If you can't find anyone, I'd like to do it.
Not that I have much of a say on the matter, but I won't have any objections if you want to take over the list. Better than having nobody at all and I'm sure you'll do a fine job.
Thank you. I'll need to be informed of some things though. How often do you want the list? And can I download the program somewhere? Or do I need to work with Excel?

Well, the program can be downloaded, I'll put you in touch with byteslinger, since she wrote it. Personally, I use Excel to work the stats over, but that's down to personal choice.

Send me a PM and we'll roll from there, see how it goes.


Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Member since: Jun. 11, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2012-04-27 09:54:03 Reply

At 4/27/12 04:20 AM, Coop wrote: Well, the program can be downloaded, I'll put you in touch with byteslinger, since she wrote it. Personally, I use Excel to work the stats over, but that's down to personal choice.

Yes, I built a neat utility tool that runs on Windows XP/Vista/7. There are two parts to every list: The users in the list, and the information needed for extraction and calculations. The system is designed to run off ".INI" files, so when someone asks for a list that pulls down a subset of user stats, I create the template and send it along. All you need to so is drop it in the same folder as the program, and the next time you run it, it will be available.

The user list is just a text file of user names that need to be polled. This list is what needs to be maintained - generally, those at the bottom of the list falling off or being added. The program has a simple list editor built into it, so as long as your list is accurate, the program does all the rest - it polls Newgrounds for each user, extracts data, and stores it on your PC as a "daily snapshot"

AND...it has the ability to compare two snapshots and generate a new file that shows rank and value variances. So, if you're running a monthly report, you just run the program on the first of each month, and then the comparison for current versus previous. It will generate CSV files that can be imported into any spreadsheet program, so you can then do final tweaks and upload it to the forums as you see fit.

This utility is used (or has been beta tested by) Coop, Auz, Bahamut and a few others and if you are interested in it, send me an email (x11717@yahoo.com) and I'll get a copy of it to you.


Proud member of the EGB |-Barracks Info-|-EGB BBS-|-EGB Website-|

BBS Signature