00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Top 50 Protectors List

307,484 Views | 3,291 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-08 07:36:29

At 4/7/08 11:49 PM, TheDepthsofHell wrote: ~thanks for the update Coop!

No problem, thank's for bringing the list up to the top on my birthday ;)

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-09 18:14:09

At 4/3/08 03:13 AM, Coop83 wrote: So, you don't view me as a threat?

First thing first, I will try to pass MPA before ANG gets me FIRST and THEN worry about you.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-10 04:00:15

At 4/9/08 06:14 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: First thing first, I will try to pass MPA before ANG gets me FIRST and THEN worry about you.

Okay, so AshtonNextGen will have passed you before the next update and I'll either be very close or I will still be behind, but by a much smaller margin. I'm trying to get both you and MPA on the same day, as it's getting that close.

I'm reeling you in, so it will happen, just so you know.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-12 03:45:28

At 4/6/08 04:55 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/5/08 11:32 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Let me know how many of those names were new after all, I'm curious to know if my estimation up there was accurate. 1/3 of 50 is what.... 16.666... so... I guess I'm guessing you didn't have 16 or 17 of them.
That will be covered in the next update, as I haven't got the spreadsheet with me again -.-

That's what I meant by "let me know," when you make the list update and include the check all the folks I found for ya. I didn't know if you would post the actual number you added to your trackinglistness if I didn't ask you in advance, that's all.

Sheesh, did it really should like I was asking for the number right away? #-}>

Yeah, well. You make your own luck in the NG Statworld. The reason I ain't getting passed by him is all that lovely save-work I put into my save total from 2003-2005. And a bit extra in 2007-2008, finally, at long last. #;-}>
Getting passed by me on the other hand is a different story :P

That's one of those inevitable things I like to rationalise away by thinking of it as "destiny." i.e. it was predestined/preordained to happen, so there was nothing I could have done to prevent you passing me, i.e. I had no free will in the matter, so it isn't my fault. HA HA. #;-}>

Just be glad that ol' Coop here is keeping the dream alive that I had back in 2003. #;-}>
The conversation we are having here is testimony to the fact that there are quite a few people interested - the stat fans are what we do it all for!

::::headbangs:::

(both as a nod to your sentiment there and to the fact that Hells Bells is playing on my TV)

He's just trying some of that newfangled villainous "mental shit" on you. Trying to play some mindgames witcha. 'tis all, I fear.
I'm just checking if he's completely gone to sleep under that tree of his, so I can plod past.

What kind of tree is he dozing off underneath? HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE THIS METAPHOR? #;-}>

At 4/8/08 07:36 AM, Coop83 wrote:

HOLY SHIT, I MISSED IT, DUE TO MY NINTENDO DS'ING.

Happy belated birthday, dude!

Er.... Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I mean!

Your birthday wasn't belated. Just my congratulating you on it, after all. #;-}>

At 4/9/08 06:14 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
First thing first, I will try to pass MPA before ANG gets me FIRST and THEN worry about you.

Now there's some villainous plotting! SOME BAD INTENT INDEED. Thanks for sharing that with the class, DoD.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-12 04:41:57

At 4/12/08 03:45 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/6/08 04:55 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/5/08 11:32 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Let me know how many of those names were new after all, I'm curious to know if my estimation up there was accurate. 1/3 of 50 is what.... 16.666... so... I guess I'm guessing you didn't have 16 or 17 of them.
That will be covered in the next update, as I haven't got the spreadsheet with me again -.-
That's what I meant by "let me know," when you make the list update and include the check all the folks I found for ya. I didn't know if you would post the actual number you added to your trackinglistness if I didn't ask you in advance, that's all.

Sheesh, did it really should like I was asking for the number right away? #-}>

Now that the communication issue has been sorted, I'm happy with that. Sorry for the missunderstanding

Yeah, well. You make your own luck in the NG Statworld. The reason I ain't getting passed by him is all that lovely save-work I put into my save total from 2003-2005. And a bit extra in 2007-2008, finally, at long last. #;-}>
Getting passed by me on the other hand is a different story :P
That's one of those inevitable things I like to rationalise away by thinking of it as "destiny." i.e. it was predestined/preordained to happen, so there was nothing I could have done to prevent you passing me, i.e. I had no free will in the matter, so it isn't my fault. HA HA. #;-}>

Think of it as the passing of the ceremonial stat whorly baton to the next 'one'

Just be glad that ol' Coop here is keeping the dream alive that I had back in 2003. #;-}>
The conversation we are having here is testimony to the fact that there are quite a few people interested - the stat fans are what we do it all for!
headbangs:::
(both as a nod to your sentiment there and to the fact that Hells Bells is playing on my TV)

How can you headbang to Hells Bells?! It's so slow!

Good tune though.

He's just trying some of that newfangled villainous "mental shit" on you. Trying to play some mindgames witcha. 'tis all, I fear.
I'm just checking if he's completely gone to sleep under that tree of his, so I can plod past.
What kind of tree is he dozing off underneath? HOW FAR ARE YOU WILLING TO TAKE THIS METAPHOR? #;-}>

You take the red pill and you wake up, none of this has happened. You take the blue pill and I show you how dep the rabbit hole goes.

At 4/8/08 07:36 AM, Coop83 wrote:
HOLY SHIT, I MISSED IT, DUE TO MY NINTENDO DS'ING.

Happy belated birthday, dude!

Er.... Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY, I mean!

Your birthday wasn't belated. Just my congratulating you on it, after all. #;-}>

I knew what you meant. Thanks. New icon for my birthday (Late as well), plus a new post on said birthday - check it out.

At 4/9/08 06:14 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
Now there's some villainous plotting! SOME BAD INTENT INDEED. Thanks for sharing that with the class, DoD.

And to top it all off, Chien-Ming Wang pitched a 2 hit gem to lead the Yankees 4-1 over the Sox last night at Fenway.

More of the same tonight, please chaps.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-12 15:57:43

At 4/10/08 04:00 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm reeling you in, so it will happen, just so you know.

All I care is that I will have my b/p points than you do by the time you die, just so you know.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-12 17:07:52

At 4/12/08 03:57 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 4/10/08 04:00 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm reeling you in, so it will happen, just so you know.
All I care is that I will have my b/p points than you do by the time you die, just so you know.

That's the thing about life. There are two guarantees - Death and Taxes. Since the sum total of B/P points is not a tax, I cannot guarantee it, neither can you.

We can both guarantee that we will die, but you could die unexpectedly, like Major-punk or livecorpse. I know I could as well, that's why I'm trying to make the msot of my life every single day of it.

What about you? All you seem concerned about is Stats, College and the Boston Red Sox. Hardly a healthy basis for one's life :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-13 16:25:39

At 4/12/08 05:07 PM, Coop83 wrote: What about you? All you seem concerned about is Stats, College and the Boston Red Sox. Hardly a healthy basis for one's life :P

I am in college right, unlike someone else...so I have to care about it.
You cannot get over 40000 b/p points in one night. Since the stake is high already, I have to care.
You should know that I am a huge baseball fan, so I care about the Red Sox.
As a matter of fact, I care many other things that you did not know.
You live in the U.K so it is very likely that you are a soccer fan. I am a die heart Leeds fan. It is a shame that our former boss was an idiot and we are now in league one, but I have faith that we will be back to the top flight in the near future.
Are you a Manchester United fan since they are winning this year? That is your team?

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-14 04:25:49

At 3/26/08 10:11 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 3/25/08 07:06 AM, iscrulz wrote: I forgot this Saviors list was updated
HOW COULD YOU FORGET TEH SAVIOURS!!?

I didn't just that aa list of the top savioours on NG was being updated. I didn't forget the Top 50 Protectors List thread.

Belated Congrats.
Belated COngrats.
Belated CONgrats.
Belated CONGrats.
Belated CONGRats.
Belated CONGRAts.
Belated CONGRATs.
Holy crap.

Looks pretty fly when you put it like that.

hmm over thousand more saves ahead hopefully these three stay slow.
I'M SPEEDING UP, BITCH. Get used to it!

Damn looks like I will have to pass an inactive user then instead.

25150 and counting now... over 200 since the last update. AND I AIN'T STOPPIN'.

Now 25,537... Dont stop teh saving yeah.

I am going down fast but next month I am going down with a fight. I am above 400 so far for the next update whenever. for the ranking I didn't check it out yet.
400+ OH SHIT. That's double my rate and shit. DAMN YOU.

I will try my darndest to double it again. How do you like my now.

At 3/29/08 08:12 AM, Coop83 wrote: noteable achievements:
>30,000 Saves: RemRulzz

Congrats, thanks for the update Cooper

>25,000 Saves: gfoxcook

I will be there next update. 150 more to go

>15,000 Saves: Tex2002ans; Nightforce666; Gooch; Shanus

and a congratss to them all

Top 5 Gainers, March 2008
+2,081 - Crolpa
+1,871 - AfroUnderscoreStud
+1,792 - Dakka942
+1,594 - DrJam
+1,563 - Basspro55

Ah congrats to them as well.

Rank) Saves || Gain || Username
029) 26,707 || + 0,000 || pepeatumi -2

just about 2k more saves to pass him

037) 24,537 || + 0,519 || Voidist 2

dang I will try to pass him now.

038) 24,513 || + 0,000 || Qwoxyl -2

a +1 for me.

039) 24,268 || + 0,499 || iscrulz 1

1 shy from 500 damn but still good.

042) 23,778 || + 1,455 || JerkClock 5

Glad he retired.

At 4/13/08 04:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: You cannot get over 40000 b/p points in one night. Since the stake is high already, I have to care.

Wow I mean I got 39500 in one night but 40000 b/p in one night thats unheard of.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-14 08:16:17

At 4/13/08 04:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 4/12/08 05:07 PM, Coop83 wrote: What about you? All you seem concerned about is Stats, College and the Boston Red Sox. Hardly a healthy basis for one's life :P
I am in college right, unlike someone else...so I have to care about it.

I'm in a job and I care about my career. I just don't keep droning on about how certain things distract me from my stats. My girlfriend may have cost me more in the way of stats than my job has, but we've evened the playing field out now.

You should know that I am a huge baseball fan, so I care about the Red Sox.

Way too much. Fans who see their team lose don't go running around saying that you should sack a player for one bad play.

As a matter of fact, I care many other things that you did not know.
You live in the U.K so it is very likely that you are a soccer fan. I am a die heart Leeds fan. It is a shame that our former boss was an idiot and we are now in league one, but I have faith that we will be back to the top flight in the near future.
Are you a Manchester United fan since they are winning this year? That is your team?

I would probably laugh if Cristiano Ronaldo had some sort of career threatening injury. Don't get me started on that Caveman, Wayne Rooney.

I'm a fan of Aston Villa FC - I'm not a glory hunter, I don't pick the best team because they are the best. We did beat Derby County 6-0, but that's the sort of scoreline we'd have expected against Leeds, to be honest.

HAve you ever been to Leeds? Horrible city, I lived there for 6 months.

At 4/14/08 04:25 AM, iscrulz wrote: Congrats, thanks for the update Cooper

No problem, iscrulz Same place, maybe having to wait a week for my return from holiday for an update, but I'll try...

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-15 20:34:03

First, the non-DoD-ish post, with teh replies to Coop and iscrulz:

At 4/12/08 04:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: Now that the communication issue has been sorted, I'm happy with that. Sorry for the missunderstanding

WHEW! #;-}> I may be an irrational and silly fellow at times, but I wouldn't want my friends on Wi/Ht? to think I'm impatient and unreasonable, as I feel I am neither. :::nods:::

Think of it as the passing of the ceremonial stat whorly baton to the next 'one'

The problem is when so many "one"s pass you... that they can't ALL be "the next one," yanno? #;-}>

Good tune though.

It starts out with slow bell tolling, yes, but it picks up later on. Plus, you don't HAVE to head bang in perfect 4/4 rhythm to drumbeats in music... haven't you ever headbanged to a guitar line/riff?

The "dun-nun-nuhhhhhhh..... (bong)" guitar notes that lead up to some of the bell tolls.... are very very headbangable in that song. :::nods sagely:::

You take the red pill and you wake up, none of this has happened. You take the blue pill and I show you how dep the rabbit hole goes.

I choose the green pill.

I knew what you meant. Thanks. New icon for my birthday (Late as well), plus a new post on said birthday - check it out.

I knew you knew what I meant, I was just trying to distract you from the fact I had just just drawn attention to (how hilariously contradictory of myself!) by making a joke at my own phrasing's expense.... to cause you to laugh rather than reflect on my super-late happy-b-daying of you, for which I was sorry. ;_;

Wow, talk about convoluted self-analysis. I RULE AT THAT.

And to top it all off, Chien-Ming Wang pitched a 2 hit gem to lead the Yankees 4-1 over the Sox last night at Fenway.

Groovy doovy.

More of the same tonight, please chaps.

I fear you didn't get your wish though, as I heard the Red Sox took 2 of 3 from the Evil Empire?

At 4/14/08 04:25 AM, iscrulz wrote: I didn't just that aa list of the top savioours on NG was being updated. I didn't forget the Top 50 Protectors List thread.

Well.... that's good, at least. But still, you really shouldn't forget EITHER, IMO. #;-}>

Belated Congrats.
Belated COngrats.
Belated CONgrats.
Belated CONGrats.
Belated CONGRats.
Belated CONGRAts.
Belated CONGRATs.
Holy crap.
Looks pretty fly when you put it like that.

Yeah... "fly".... but also... INSANE. #;-}>

Still, it was your little artwork there, so.... well done, I s'pose.

Damn looks like I will have to pass an inactive user then instead.

Damn straight. PASS SOMEONE ELSE, LEMME ALONE.

25150 and counting now... over 200 since the last update. AND I AIN'T STOPPIN'.
Now 25,537... Dont stop teh saving yeah.

And now 25560+!

400+ OH SHIT. That's double my rate and shit. DAMN YOU.
I will try my darndest to double it again. How do you like my now.

STOP IT.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

>25,000 Saves: gfoxcook
I will be there next update. 150 more to go

GRRRRR. SLOW DOWN. YOU GO TOO FAST. YOU BAD BOY, I COOK.

042) 23,778 || + 1,455 || JerkClock 5
Glad he retired.

MTE. Look at that insane +1500ish amount there. HE WAS A THREAT TO US ALL. :::salutes JerkClock:::

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-15 20:39:17

COOP/DOD DRAMAS.

.... I think you meant "more" there... not "my."

Dude, that's pretty petty. I know that's what a lot of these silly competitions are based on (that being pettiness), but..... saying "all I want out of life is to HAVE MORE _____ THAN YOU WHEN WE BOTH DIE" is just... lame.

Why not just focus on the competition AT HAND. i.e. in the here and now.

Red Sox and Yankees fans don't say "OMG, BY THE TIME YOU AND I DIE, MY TEAM WILL WIN MORE WORLD SERIES IN OUR LIFETIME THAN YOUR TEAM DOES," do they? No, they constantly are in competition for bragging rights IN THE PRESENT, where we all live.

The only thing sillier than living only in the past is living only in the future. Keep your focus on the present, and the near-past and near-future.

At 4/12/08 05:07 PM, Coop83 wrote: That's the thing about life. There are two guarantees - Death and Taxes. Since the sum total of B/P points is not a tax, I cannot guarantee it, neither can you.

LOL!

What about you? All you seem concerned about is Stats, College and the Boston Red Sox. Hardly a healthy basis for one's life :P

...... Like the Yankees are any healthier. Pffft. #;-}>

At 4/13/08 04:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: You live in the U.K so it is very likely that you are a soccer fan. I am a die heart Leeds fan. It is a shame that our former boss was an idiot and we are now in league one, but I have faith that we will be back to the top flight in the near future.

Ewwww. Man U...

The British/Soccer version of the good ol' American/Baseball Yankees. ;_;

At 4/14/08 08:16 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/13/08 04:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: I am in college right, unlike someone else...so I have to care about it.
I'm in a job and I care about my career. I just don't keep droning on about how certain things distract me from my stats. My girlfriend may have cost me more in the way of stats than my job has, but we've evened the playing field out now.

Yes... in other words, one of you has work to distract you from b/p, one of you has school to do it... one of you has a gf to distract you from b/p, one of you has other hobbies besides NG, I'm sure.

IN SHORT, YOU'RE BOTH MORE SIMILAR THAN DISSIMILAR, EXCEPT THAT THE SANER OF YOU SOMEHOW CHOSE THE WRONG BASEBALL TEAM TO BE A FAN OF.

No wisecracks, Coop, you know very well I just insulted you and complimented you at the same time there. #;-}>

So, you guys should stop with the personal life commentary.

Keep your smacktalk confined to two things:

Your NG stats
Yankees/Red Sox

LET'S GET IT ON.

Way too much. Fans who see their team lose don't go running around saying that you should sack a player for one bad play.

Who did he say that about?

Sheesh. Reminds me of the Houston fans who wanted to dump Brad Lidge immediately. Granted, we did eventually get rid of him, but we gave him fully TWO SEASONS, 2006 and 2007, to try and make up for the failures of the 2005 postseason, against Pujols and against the White Sox in the World Series.

I'm a fan of Aston Villa FC - I'm not a glory hunter, I don't pick the best team because they are the best. We did beat Derby County 6-0, but that's the sort of scoreline we'd have expected against Leeds, to be honest.

Like 66% of the English club teams are from London or the London suburbs basically, right? I take it Aston Villa is one of those?

But Leeds... not so much.

I have no knowledge of Leeds and have no idea why DoD is a fan of 'em, but I do know that's a nice name for a town. Short and sweet. #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-16 03:16:43

At 4/15/08 08:34 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/12/08 04:41 AM, Coop83 wrote: Now that the communication issue has been sorted, I'm happy with that. Sorry for the missunderstanding
WHEW! #;-}> I may be an irrational and silly fellow at times, but I wouldn't want my friends on Wi/Ht? to think I'm impatient and unreasonable, as I feel I am neither. :::nods:::

Yeah, the only time that I've ever seen you lose your patiecen was with somebody trolling the thread we were talking in. That was funny

The problem is when so many "one"s pass you... that they can't ALL be "the next one," yanno? #;-}>

Good tune though.
It starts out with slow bell tolling, yes, but it picks up later on. Plus, you don't HAVE to head bang in perfect 4/4 rhythm to drumbeats in music... haven't you ever headbanged to a guitar line/riff?

The "dun-nun-nuhhhhhhh..... (bong)" guitar notes that lead up to some of the bell tolls.... are very very headbangable in that song. :::nods sagely:::

I'll give it a try next time

I choose the green pill.

But there isn't any yellow pigment to make teh green pill. You've got red, blue or an interesting shade of browny-purple.

.... I think you meant "more" there... not "my."

Dude, that's pretty petty. I know that's what a lot of these silly competitions are based on (that being pettiness), but..... saying "all I want out of life is to HAVE MORE _____ THAN YOU WHEN WE BOTH DIE" is just... lame.

Why not just focus on the competition AT HAND. i.e. in the here and now.

Red Sox and Yankees fans don't say "OMG, BY THE TIME YOU AND I DIE, MY TEAM WILL WIN MORE WORLD SERIES IN OUR LIFETIME THAN YOUR TEAM DOES," do they? No, they constantly are in competition for bragging rights IN THE PRESENT, where we all live.

The only thing sillier than living only in the past is living only in the future. Keep your focus on the present, and the near-past and near-future.

Yeah and me having no bragging rights in this department makes me all sad in my pants :(

At 4/12/08 05:07 PM, Coop83 wrote: That's the thing about life. There are two guarantees - Death and Taxes. Since the sum total of B/P points is not a tax, I cannot guarantee it, neither can you.
LOL!

*bows*

They are much healthier. I watch them without bursting a blood vessel while ranting because we failed to make a play, unlike some people I might care to mention.

At 4/13/08 04:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: You live in the U.K so it is very likely that you are a soccer fan. I am a die heart Leeds fan. It is a shame that our former boss was an idiot and we are now in league one, but I have faith that we will be back to the top flight in the near future.
Ewwww. Man U...

They are worse than the Yankees, trust me. The beligerent scottish manager, who refuses to retire, despite his declining health and the player worshipped as god-like, who doesn't give a rats arse about how he is percieved by the media (Cristiano Ronaldo only needs HGH and he'll be the footballing equivalent of Barry Bonds... Oh wait, FIFA actually has an anti-doping policy)

At 4/14/08 08:16 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/13/08 04:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: I am in college right, unlike someone else...so I have to care about it.
Yes... in other words, one of you has work to distract you from b/p, one of you has school to do it... one of you has a gf to distract you from b/p, one of you has other hobbies besides NG, I'm sure.

Like ranting at Baseball, for example?

IN SHORT, YOU'RE BOTH MORE SIMILAR THAN DISSIMILAR, EXCEPT THAT THE SANER OF YOU SOMEHOW CHOSE THE WRONG BASEBALL TEAM TO BE A FAN OF.

No wisecracks, Coop, you know very well I just insulted you and complimented you at the same time there. #;-}>

You insulted my intelligence and my sanity, by stating that Dukey is more sane than me!

So, you guys should stop with the personal life commentary.

Your NG stats
Yankees/Red Sox

LET'S GET IT ON.

Okay, I'll be passing him for Saves soon, so there will be much braggage then!

Who did he say that about?

Pick one. David Wells was a target for that, as I believe was Coco "Theo, you so stupid" Crisp as well.

Like 66% of the English club teams are from London or the London suburbs basically, right? I take it Aston Villa is one of those?

Your lack of Googlage insults me. AVFC is based in the Aston Area of Birmingham. I hate London, as it's where everything has to happen, so that the politicians can watch the major sporting events.

But Leeds... not so much.

I have no knowledge of Leeds and have no idea why DoD is a fan of 'em, but I do know that's a nice name for a town. Short and sweet. #;-}>

Short, and slightly dirty. Gives a good indication of the city, I feel

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-16 18:07:39

At 4/14/08 08:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: I'm a fan of Aston Villa FC - I'm not a glory hunter, I don't pick the best team because they are the best. We did beat Derby County 6-0, but that's the sort of scoreline we'd have expected against Leeds, to be honest.

Your boys still have an outside shot for the UEFA Cup.
lol, Derby (I mean, DERBY) is the worst premier league team ever. If I am not mistaken, they only have 11 points so far. Right now, they look every bit a League One team. (not even a championship league team) We played Portsmouth (a very good team, they are going to win the FA Cup) in the third round of the FA Cup and lost 0-3. Guess that indicates that we will beat Derby?
I just hope that we get our 15 points back and hold off Carisle in the race to 2nd place. There is plenty work to be done after promotion, but we cannot afford spending another season in League One with the likes of Brighton.

I have never been to Leeds before, but I loved their style of playing when they were good. Remember the semi-final run we had in the European Championship league a few years back?

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-16 20:57:30

At 4/16/08 06:07 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: lol, Derby (I mean, DERBY) is the worst premier league team ever. If I am not mistaken, they only have 11 points so far. Right now, they look every bit a League One team. (not even a championship league team) We played Portsmouth (a very good team, they are going to win the FA Cup) in the third round of the FA Cup and lost 0-3. Guess that indicates that we will beat Derby?

SMACK TALK.

I just hope that we get our 15 points back and hold off Carisle in the race to 2nd place. There is plenty work to be done after promotion, but we cannot afford spending another season in League One with the likes of Brighton.

How can you say our when you aren't even from the country they're from?

It's one thing to say "our" about your hometown team or if you're currently living in the city/country... but... come on, man.

I root for Argentina (aside from the US) as my main team in the World Cup every 4 years, but I'd never be so silly to call them "us." I've never even BEEN to Argentina.

Though my sister just went this past winter, my dad's been a few times on business in the 80s, and I did see Maradona and Argentina smack down West Germany in Mexico City in 1986... IN PERSON. Hell yeah.

I have never been to Leeds before, but I loved their style of playing when they were good. Remember the semi-final run we had in the European Championship league a few years back?

.... "we"... come on, man.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-16 21:01:24

Whoops, meant to combine the former at the bottom of this one... forgot to copypasta. OH WELLS.

At 4/16/08 03:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, the only time that I've ever seen you lose your patiecen was with somebody trolling the thread we were talking in. That was funny

That's a time you HAVE to lose your patience, even if you have a lot of it.... unless you're a Data-esque android or something with infinite patience. I swear.

I'll give it a try next time

Awesome.

I choose the green pill.
But there isn't any yellow pigment to make teh green pill. You've got red, blue or an interesting shade of browny-purple.

Well, you told me what happens if I take the red pill.

And you told me what'll happen if I choose blue.

.... what happens if I choose browny-purple?

Yeah and me having no bragging rights in this department makes me all sad in my pants :(

What do you mean? The Yankees have won... what, at least 3 World Series in your lifetime? Vs. 2 for the Red Sox?

They are much healthier. I watch them without bursting a blood vessel while ranting because we failed to make a play, unlike some people I might care to mention.

Uhh.... Well, maybe you do. But the Yankee-fan version of DoD here in the US has blown plenty of internal organs and vessels since 2001. Such as due to the Diamondbacks, the Angels, the Marlins, the Red Sox (of course)..... and due internally to.... A-Rod, say.

Ewwww. Man U...

They are worse than the Yankees, trust me. The beligerent scottish manager, who refuses to retire, despite his declining health and the player worshipped as god-like, who doesn't give a rats arse about how he is percieved by the media (Cristiano Ronaldo only needs HGH and he'll be the footballing equivalent of Barry Bonds... Oh wait, FIFA actually has an anti-doping policy)

Yeah, I hear they're pretty bad. But since there's about as much coverage here on them... as there is of the Yankees over there (maybe even less, I dunno... you tell me).... I blissfully don't have to hear about them all the time like I have to hear about the Yankees.

You insulted my intelligence and my sanity, by stating that Dukey is more sane than me!

HAhahaahah. No, I'm afraid YOU're the sane one who still managed to choose the wrong baseball team. #;-}>

I knew you'd say something like that. Sheesh.

Your NG stats
Yankees/Red Sox

LET'S GET IT ON.
Okay, I'll be passing him for Saves soon, so there will be much braggage then!

Now that's what I'm talking about. DO IT!

Your lack of Googlage insults me. AVFC is based in the Aston Area of Birmingham. I hate London, as it's where everything has to happen, so that the politicians can watch the major sporting events.

Whoops. Well, I've read wiki pages for a lot of EPL teams, and I swear to you that 90% of the time I'm like "hey, I wonder where that team is in all of England..." and it turns out to be either within or on the periphery of London.

So I've just gotten into the habit of assuming a team's basically from London unless told/indicated otherwise.

Or unless it's fairly obvious (i.e. Liverpool.... Newcastle.... etc. places I know of.... I probably have more UK geography in my brain than 99% of Americans, so even though I don't know all the smaller areas, I've pretty much got the bigger ones down). Yer Sussexes, yer Baths.... yer Manchesters... and the like.

Short, and slightly dirty. Gives a good indication of the city, I feel

LOL!

Leeds... Deeds? DIRTY LEEDS? DONE DIRT CHEAP? #;-}>

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-17 03:26:15

At 4/16/08 06:07 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Your boys still have an outside shot for the UEFA Cup.

Only if Portsmouth win the FA Cup and Liverpool / Man Utd win the Champions League

lol, Derby (I mean, DERBY) is the worst premier league team ever. If I am not mistaken, they only have 11 points so far. Right now, they look every bit a League One team. (not even a championship league team) We played Portsmouth (a very good team, they are going to win the FA Cup) in the third round of the FA Cup and lost 0-3. Guess that indicates that we will beat Derby?

Nah, a quality team can beat Derby, but Leeds is asking far too much. It's a very different standard of football - look at West Bromwich Albion and how well they are playing this season. They'll be straight back down into the Championship next year.

You won't get those 15 points back - FA rules state that since you went into administration, you suffer an automatic 15 point penalty.

Yeah, then we inherited your manager, only to learn that he was a duff cash spender.

At 4/16/08 09:01 PM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/16/08 03:16 AM, Coop83 wrote: Yeah, the only time that I've ever seen you lose your patiecen was with somebody trolling the thread we were talking in. That was funny
That's a time you HAVE to lose your patience, even if you have a lot of it.... unless you're a Data-esque android or something with infinite patience. I swear.

Or you go Dalek like with the mod powers :P

I choose the green pill.

See The Matrix Has You for more info... It's either that or the sequel

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-17 03:55:12

At 4/17/08 03:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: Nah, a quality team can beat Derby, but Leeds is asking far too much. It's a very different standard of football - look at West Bromwich Albion and how well they are playing this season. They'll be straight back down into the Championship next year.

:::brain goes blank:::

I wish you two would go back to talking about NYY/BOS...

You won't get those 15 points back - FA rules state that since you went into administration, you suffer an automatic 15 point penalty.

... went into... administration...

Yeah, then we inherited your manager, only to learn that he was a duff cash spender.

HAHAHAHAH! Now that's universal to all sportsfans.

I have no mod powers no more. I can no more be a Dalek than can Mahatma Gandhi.

I think I did see that once. I just don't remember it.

Screw it, I won't take any of the pills. :::pulls a "Matrixy" gun out of nowhere and shoots self in the head:::

FIXED.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-17 08:02:21

At 4/17/08 03:55 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 4/17/08 03:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: Nah, a quality team can beat Derby, but Leeds is asking far too much. It's a very different standard of football - look at West Bromwich Albion and how well they are playing this season. They'll be straight back down into the Championship next year.
brain goes blank:::
I wish you two would go back to talking about NYY/BOS...

That's the thing with English sports - we have tiers, where teams can climb and fall down the ladder each season. Premiership, Championship, League 1 and League 2 are the divisions, with the Premiership champions usually being the Manchester Utds, Arsenals and Chelseas. Some former Premier League clubs have fallen so far down the ladder that they are Currently in League 1. Leeds are one of these.

... went into... administration...

Business restructuring, cancelling most of their debts by not paying their players, I think. Makes a struggling club strong again and one team did it, then gained promotion from L1 to the Championship. This was deemed unsporting, so they made rules against that sort of thing :P

HAHAHAHAH! Now that's universal to all sportsfans.

Indeed it is. Fuck you, David O'Leary! (Former Leeds and Aston Villa Manager FTL!)

I have no mod powers no more. I can no more be a Dalek than can Mahatma Gandhi.

You obviously haven't heard the rumours that Sir Ben Kingsley (aka Gandhi in the film of the same name) was approached to play the role of Davros, the creator of the Daleks in the new series of Doctor Who.

I think I did see that once. I just don't remember it.

Neo takes both pills and his head popped off...

Screw it, I won't take any of the pills. :::pulls a "Matrixy" gun out of nowhere and shoots self in the head:::

FIXED.

Close enough.

"We'd have told you to shove that red pill right up your ass!" *TV flickers* "Then good news! It's a suppository!"

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-17 21:38:01

At 4/2/08 08:32 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 3/30/08 05:31 AM, Coop83 wrote: Just about. AshtonNextGen will probably nail us all next month, so you've got to find other ways of staying in the top 50 :P
Not if I can pass MPA who is "dead" before ANG gets me. :P

LOL I had No idea you guys were talking about me! haha
I honestly never took the top 50 thing as such a big deal but, wow you guys...
So how do you actually keep track of everyones records anyway, I only just found out about this place yesterday and noticed there were a few other threads like this! =/

If I ever became a ganster, I wouldnt go anywhere without Spartan Armour and a freakin Mini-Gun, man! I gotta protect myself!

http://thecrimsonemo.deviantart.com

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-18 00:55:07

At 4/17/08 03:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: Only if Portsmouth win the FA Cup and Liverpool / Man Utd win the Champions League

Porsmonuhs is in the finals already. Sure Cardiff (which is in the championship league) can get lucky like Barnsley did against Liverpool and Chelsea, but my money is on Portsmouth. In the European championship league, Man U appears to be the favourite, so you guys have a good shot at the UEFA Cup if you can hold off the likes of Man City.

Nah, a quality team can beat Derby, but Leeds is asking far too much. It's a very different standard of football - look at West Bromwich Albion and how well they are playing this season. They'll be straight back down into the Championship next year.

Oh really? my Leeds will pound Derby twice in the championship league next year to prove you wrong.
WBA is playing well? What a joke! They only won half of the games they have played in the championship league and are the worst league champions by far. If memory serves right, Bolton once got more than 100 points in the CL and that was dominant.

We will see, the hearing is going on right now. If we get the points back, we will be 6 points away from securing the automatic promotion. If we do not, we are still set for the playoffs. As long as Nottingham Forest gets ousted early, I do not see the other two teams (Doncaster and Southend) being an issue.

Well, even the best manager in the world will not turn AVFC into an European Championship league team. At least I can say that Leeds used to be good. You even cannot say that.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-18 02:59:43

At 4/18/08 12:55 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
Oh really? my Leeds will pound Derby twice in the championship league next year to prove you wrong.

It's all academic, Plymouth will pound the lot of them next year, or so our manager says... seriously though, I know Derby have had a dreadful season, but Leeds are hardly a class apart in League One, so I can't see them doing much better than midtable next year IF they get promoted.

WBA is playing well? What a joke! They only won half of the games they have played in the championship league and are the worst league champions by far. If memory serves right, Bolton once got more than 100 points in the CL and that was dominant.

Lots of teams got more than 100 points, or close to 100 points in the past. WBA have the best attack I've seen for a long time in the Championship though, they just have a painfully leaky defence. You can't say their games are ever dull though!

We will see, the hearing is going on right now. If we get the points back, we will be 6 points away from securing the automatic promotion. If we do not, we are still set for the playoffs. As long as Nottingham Forest gets ousted early, I do not see the other two teams (Doncaster and Southend) being an issue.

I don't see those points coming back either, if they fold there then a dozen other clubs that went into administration will expect their points back too, it would be chaos. Even if they did, Doncaster and Southend are on much better form than Leeds at the moment (barring that good win over Carlisle)

Well, even the best manager in the world will not turn AVFC into an European Championship league team. At least I can say that Leeds used to be good. You even cannot say that.

Erm... Villa won the European Cup in 1982, and are the 4th best side in England if the history books are to be believed (20 major trophies)...

(sorry to butt in, but I do love a bit of British sporting gossip!)

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-18 03:14:34

At 4/17/08 09:38 PM, AshtonNextGen wrote:
At 3/30/08 05:31 AM, Coop83 wrote: Just about. AshtonNextGen will probably nail us all next month, so you've got to find other ways of staying in the top 50 :P

Well, you have managed to pass both of us now, so we'll stop talikg about you after the next update :P

It's another one of our 'hobbies' :P

So how do you actually keep track of everyones records anyway, I only just found out about this place yesterday and noticed there were a few other threads like this! =/

I've got an excell spreadsheet tracking about 150 users. Roughly once per month, I pull the stats and present the new, "more acurate than the official list" Saviours list.

At 4/18/08 12:55 AM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 4/17/08 03:26 AM, Coop83 wrote: Only if Portsmouth win the FA Cup and Liverpool / Man Utd win the Champions League
Porsmonuhs is in the finals already. Sure Cardiff (which is in the championship league) can get lucky like Barnsley did against Liverpool and Chelsea, but my money is on Portsmouth. In the European championship league, Man U appears to be the favourite, so you guys have a good shot at the UEFA Cup if you can hold off the likes of Man City.

We've got a 3 point cushion over Man City and a vastly superior Goal Difference. I'm confident we can remain above them over the remining 4 games.

You've not got enough money to pay players who play to Premier League standards. I'll look forward to seeing what you come up with if you gain promotion.

It's getting to be quite a dog fight at the moment - lots of teams see the stuipd amount of TV revenue that teams receive for even finishing 20th. A shame that Derby spent all of theirs trying to stay up :P

Notts Forrest are another Sleeping Giant. They can come back to the Premiership at some point - they've got a bigger history than you, but that's not exactly difficult, as you've only won the UEFA (Fairs) cup twice in Europe.

As gfoxcook said the other day about bragging rights, it's about how you play at the moment. We're much better than you, plus we've got one of the best managers in the world as well.

Aston Villa's Trophy Cabinet:
European Cup (Currently Champions League) 1982
European Super Cup (Champions League winner Vs. UEFA Cup winner) 1982-83
Intertoto Cup 2001

First Division (Premiership) 1893-94; 1895-96; 1896-97; 1898-99; 1899-1900; 1909-1910; 1980-1981
Second Division (Championship) 1937-38; 1959-1960
Third Division (League One) 1971-72

FA Cup 1887; 1895; 1897; 1905; 1913; 1920; 1957
League Cup 1961; 1975; 1977; 1994; 1996
Charity Shield (FA Cup Winners Vs. League Champions) 1981

7 League titles, 7 FA Cup wins (Only Man Utd, Arsenal and Spurs have more) You haven't got that much and Birmingham City haven't got anything :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-18 10:40:14

At 4/18/08 03:14 AM, Coop83 wrote:
At 4/17/08 09:38 PM, AshtonNextGen wrote:
Well, you have managed to pass both of us now, so we'll stop talikg about you after the next update :P

It's another one of our 'hobbies' :P

I've got an excell spreadsheet tracking about 150 users. Roughly once per month, I pull the stats and present the new, "more acurate than the official list" Saviours list.

WOW, so you mean I'm beating THE COOP83!?! I had No idea!? Wow man your like a legend on Newgrounds, I actually thought you was rank 3 or something at the top with AfroUnderscoreStud!
Man, this Really Is a BIG DEAL huh? =0

Dude, I beat a celebrity! =D

If I ever became a ganster, I wouldnt go anywhere without Spartan Armour and a freakin Mini-Gun, man! I gotta protect myself!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-18 17:56:06

Hull City (HULL FUCKING CITY) is second in the CL which further proves that CL is not that good.
Well, back to back promotions do not appear to often, but I think that either Man City or Porsmouth (cannot remember) has done that in recent years. If Leeds can get a couple of good players in the offseason AFTER promotion, there is a chance that they will gain promotion again. Sure the club is not nearly as rich as they used to be. But hey, if Bradford, Swindon and Barnsley could go up, so could Leeds.
As in League One, Southend is hot, but they will not catch up with my boys once we get the points back. The same thing can be said to Doncaster. Carlisle hosts Southend this weekend, so if Southend takes point(s) in the game, it is pretty much over. What we need to do is to take care of Millwall on the road and then hope for the best from the judges. I just do not hope that we do not have to play Nottm Forest again for the rest of the season.

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-19 16:38:08

B/P related: Hey, Coop, are you too busy watching AVFC to update the list? Or you are going to wait until you pass me? :P
Non b/p related:
Rofl, Southend TOOK ALL THREE POINTS @ Carisle. Meanwhile, my Leeds took care of Millwall and easily beat them 2-0. Considering the massive goal difference (+10) between Leeds and Carisle. As long as my boys get the 15 points back, they are promoted to the CL. Now, the judges need to quit being assholes and give all the 15 points back to my Leeds boys. The FA reduced 10 points already at the end of last season, Leeds has all the justice in the world to get the 15 points back, and then the party can begin!

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-19 17:04:56

At 4/18/08 10:40 AM, AshtonNextGen wrote: WOW, so you mean I'm beating THE COOP83!?! I had No idea!? Wow man your like a legend on Newgrounds, I actually thought you was rank 3 or something at the top with AfroUnderscoreStud!
Man, this Really Is a BIG DEAL huh? =0

Dude, I beat a celebrity! =D

Nah, I'm climbing the ladder fast enough - I'll pass most users during my time here, but I would love to take hold of top spot at some point, though that does mean I've got to wait for certain fast paced to retire first.

At 4/18/08 05:56 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Hull City (HULL FUCKING CITY) is second in the CL which further proves that CL is not that good.

What you need to do is compare the positions of the three promoted clubs from last season to gauge how competitive the leages are in the 'transition zone'

Sunderland will not be Relegated this season... probably. I'm expecting Fulham to accompany Derby down. Remember that Derby got promoted via the Playoffs last season, therefore they aren't exactly in the best shape possible for promotion. Sunderland were promoted as champions of the Championship, so stand a chance of having some Premiership quality players in their squad. Birmingham are close to the drop, it really depends upon their next two matches, but the final relegation place is between them, Bolton and Reading. Goal Difference could be the key, with Birmingham holding the advantage there.

At 4/19/08 04:38 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: B/P related: Hey, Coop, are you too busy watching AVFC to update the list? Or you are going to wait until you pass me? :P

A few points on this that I'd like to point out to you:

1) Aston Villa aren't playing until Sunday. It's the Birmingham Derby tomorrow and the 12pm kick off means I get to watch it before heading to practice.

2) I am trying to update the list on a monthly basis. That means next week for the update - I've done the responses this week and I don't have time for another update tonight :P

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-19 17:19:14

Outta curiousity, how long does it actually take for the Newgrounds top 50 list to update?
Not your lists in this thread, I mean the actual newgrounds one?

Top 50 Protectors List

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-19 17:49:10

At 4/19/08 05:19 PM, AshtonNextGen wrote: Outta curiousity, how long does it actually take for the Newgrounds top 50 list to update?
Not your lists in this thread, I mean the actual newgrounds one?

In theory, the actual official top 50 list is supposed to be updated every morning around 4.00 am, when all the rankings are updated. However, these lists have been broken for some time and it is on the list of people such as liljim and Ross / Rob to fix, but they have priorities at present.

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Top 50 Protectors List 2008-04-19 20:46:52

Bolton is staying up, I can feel it. It is going to be radiculous if a team that made it to the UEFA Cup getting dropped the following year. Birmingham City is an elevator team (going up and down beween the PL and the CL), so they can get some points from teams that have nothing to play for late in the season. It is just Reading's second season in the PL and they have not made enough allies. Plus, they are the worst team form wise. It is going to take them a miracle to stay up.

BBS Signature