00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

How do people become atheist?

2,311 Views | 40 Replies

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 11:46:09

At 2/15/07 03:42 AM, Lorkas wrote: Are they born like that, or what?

If you think about it, yes they are. Everyone and I mean EVERYONE is born atheist. When you are born, do you beilive in god, when you are 10 seconds old dont know ANYTHING AT ALL no one has put any thoughts in your head, do you beilive in god? No, its not possible, you dont belive in anything, all you know is your mom is good and she will give you food somehow. Eventually when you start to develop thought and opinions, you become religious, or aware that you're atheist or whatever. Everyone starts out the same though regardless of race or religious backround.

I think they don't believe that there's an ester bunny :(

And hopefully no one over the age of 6 does either.

So ng, since most of the pepl in here are ath...

Not hardly, check the religious atheist population thread in my sig.

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 11:57:01

I wasn't born atheist, I was born in a catholic family and I've been baptised and stuff.

I simply stopped believing because I can't believe in someone that simply sends us to earth and then judges us when we die.

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 11:58:35

Not enough taurine in the system.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 11:59:33

it's basically a fad.

Click here and we'll become good friends.

BBS Signature

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 12:04:19

From all the data I've collected over the years... I have concluded that there is no god.

If god wanted all of us to believe in him, why doesn't he do a world tours or something?

Why were all my prayers unanswered?

God cannot lie, but the Bible is full of flaws. E.g. "The earth is 5000 years old.". This is not true, Carbon14 dating has found human artifacts older than 5000 years.

Thats some of what I think, take it or leave it.

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 12:04:31

People become atheist by believing that there is no god or higher power. Most athiests - like the one user said - become athiest when they have little or no religious influence in their lives.

I am not an athiest but I know that NG has more people that believe in a god than those that don't.

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 12:19:36

At 2/15/07 07:47 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: So basically, in order to be an atheist, you have to be a douchebag.

Lol, stereo type!!! Anyway fuck off. Not all atheists are assholes protesting to get "In god we trust." off the dollar bill.

You damn fundies should:
A) Stop protesting against things like abortion or homos.
B) After you put down the protest signs, go love fellow man.
C) Stop knocking on my door.

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 12:58:54

Another thing about the Bible. It's definitely all lies. People say you have to interpret it in some places, and you have to believe in others. Like, the Earth being created in 7 days. That is obviously false, so Christians say, "Interpret it to mean that some things came first and some things came later." So, how are you supposed to know what is supposed to be interpreted and not? Maybe Jesus Christ wasn't even a real person (there's an actual theory about that, I read it on Wikipedia), just a symbolization. You have absolutely no idea, and people basing their lives on stuff they have ZERO idea about kind of pisses me off.

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 13:01:05

how do people become atheist?
easy.
it's called logic.

BBS Signature

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 14:12:55

At 2/15/07 01:06 PM, intrinsik2 wrote: I look at this thread and I see so many people weaving animosty and agression into their explanations as if they're objective points.

And I'm wondering... if such emotion is tied into your beliefs... can you really say your beliefs are solely based on objective logic?

Well if i were to get technical people who are lookin for a more logical approach would be called scientologsts as far as i know...

Me? i dont really care for a higher being whether there be one or not... im living my life and im experienceing the highs and lows... and its a pretty good ride so far... people should stop wondering about the after life... for all we know itll be almost exactly like this (limited life spans, emotion, music, family etc.) so live for now... do what makes ya happy and (for the most part of the cliche) STFU

Response to How do people become atheist? 2007-02-15 14:15:37

At 2/15/07 03:44 AM, iHero wrote: Lurk more.

Good advice.

Self-published fiction: Mostly Lies