00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

craftydemoncat just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Portal Crews

903 Views | 14 Replies

Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:06:40

As many people know, there's alot of spam flases that go into the newgrounds portal. Some people like this because its free blam points, and I am one of those people. Some how, the REALY crappy flashes pass by... Why? Because they are in a Crew.

Crews have a bunch of high level members which could vote 5 till the their crew's movies pass. This is bad because of two things. We don't get blam points, and NGs rep just gets worse and worse.

I think this could fix by creating a crew system. The crew system is so people would be forced into a Portal Crew by an admin. Anyone in a portal crew can't vote their crewmate's flashes. Here is a example. We look for members of [kk], put them in the [kk] Portal Crew. They cant vote for eachothers flashes.

To find out who's on whatever crew, just look at the flashs of the people, and if their flash have a tag like [kk], [uu] etc, then admins could put them in a Portal crew. I dont think admins would be watching all the time, and also members of a crew (not in a portal crew) might not have their high lvl members names on the flashes. So we could have a button, or a email address (ex crews@newgrounds.com) to tell who is in what crew, and a link for proof.

This system isn't perfect, and might be too much work. but would greatly hurt these spammers. What do you think.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:08:31

I think this kind of logic destroys democracy and would be better put to use coming up with more efficient ways of flipping burgers.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:10:53

Stop complanning about the crews. Just ignore them.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:16:39

At 2/6/07 08:08 PM, b3nnic3 wrote: I think this kind of logic destroys democracy

This is NG website, and NG could do whatever they want on their website. If spammers don't like what NG is doing, do it with their own website. Do you think if they can't submit to newground so they made their own website. Would they make poorly made flashes. No... Why??? because they are making them just to ruin NG.

lets look at the voting system of the govenment. You could put a "vote for whoever" sign on their own property, but they cant do it on someone else property. But does that ruin democracy?

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:18:25

At 2/6/07 08:10 PM, PulpChaos wrote: Stop complanning about the crews. Just ignore them.

That's the smart answer.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:23:00

At 2/6/07 08:16 PM, darksanta wrote: This is NG website, and NG could do whatever they want on their website. If spammers don't like what NG is doing, do it with their own website. Do you think if they can't submit to newground so they made their own website. Would they make poorly made flashes. No... Why??? because they are making them just to ruin NG.

NG already is doing what they want.

I make dumb flash movies and submit them every now and then, hoping that they will pass, and some of them have. I didn't do it because I hate NG and I want to crap up the site. I did it because I wanted to make something and show it to people. I used to share a site with a few friends and we put up even the shittiest of shitty shits we made.

lets look at the voting system of the govenment. You could put a "vote for whoever" sign on their own property, but they cant do it on someone else property. But does that ruin democracy?

What does a government have to do with voting on a flash movie? Two different systems, two different worlds.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:26:38

At 2/6/07 08:18 PM, AngryFaic wrote:
At 2/6/07 08:10 PM, PulpChaos wrote: Stop complanning about the crews. Just ignore them.
That's the smart answer.

I been avoiding them for since 2005. But if I go on the portal, and see 5+ flashes from the same crew that passed judgement, even though its crap (review adverage is around 1.0) It just gets annoying. havn't you notice that NG rep is just getting worse and worse just because of crappy movies clouding the good movies.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:30:15

At 2/6/07 08:26 PM, darksanta wrote: It just gets annoying.

Oh god.

Call the internet police. Get in the storm cellar. FUCK THE WORLD! IT'S TOTAL ANARCHY NOW! WE NEED TO DEVELOP A NEW SYSTEM. I AM NOW THE KING AND YOU ARE ALL MY SLAVES. IF ANYONE HAS ANY QUESTION I'LL BE AT THE WAL-MART STOCKING UP ON FOOD FOR MY NEW PALACE YOU ARE GOING TO BUILD WHILE I'M GONE.

havn't you notice that NG rep is just getting worse and worse just because of crappy movies clouding the good movies.

The NG "rep" is only getting worse because of people laughing at topics like this.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:32:15

flame all you want, but i didn't really think his idea was that bad

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:33:17

At 2/6/07 08:26 PM, darksanta wrote: I been avoiding them for since 2005. But if I go on the portal, and see 5+ flashes from the same crew that passed judgement, even though its crap (review adverage is around 1.0) It just gets annoying. havn't you notice that NG rep is just getting worse and worse just because of crappy movies clouding the good movies.

SOCOM SQUAD RAPED YOUR DOGS.

ø

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:35:43

Making it so that a protal crew can't vote on their own movies is like making it so that republicans can't elect crappy canidates to office.

sorry republicans.

This thread is made of WIN.

(clever laughable phrase)

BBS Signature

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:45:01

This is just a way to arange for mass voting for way you think things should be.
How would that be any better than what exists now.

I don't think you really realize how thigns are really going on the portal. The kk nor any other group has a bunch of high level users voting 5. They or any other group have a few members that vote 5, but no where near what is needed to past judgement.

The guilty people are the people that vote 2 based on a fact, that they see a neat preloader, or because there are multiple authors, or the really guilty ones that just say ah fuck it I'll just vote 2 to get my protection point.

If those people actually took the time to watch the flash and vote properly, then things might be different.

To expand these groups do things jsut to see who they can piss off. If you make an angry review against them, they don't care, it actually encourage them to make more flash and keep at it.

Btw this is not a place for any such crew like this, nor is c&c.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:48:14

wow. I guess the general forums are just for immature people. I can't make one topic here without being insalted just because I am making a serious topic. Everything here has to be a funny joke or you will be bashed like crazy...

for now on, I only with post in topics like "Flash" or "Art" because that's where you find the only mature people on NGs. Let me guess. Next I am going to here "GO HOME EMO".

I was just giving a suggestion on how to prevent some passing spam. But I guess you don't want think about it and just think "on, a topic about crappy crews, lets flame him" This topic suppose to be an idea, not a complaint. But you just automatically assume.

If you think this is spam, I think one line response is spam. I put some thought into it. Would it hurt to think.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 20:57:17

poor darksanta, you know how you feel. I tried to do my part at keeping the crap of the site, but with school, woprk not a lot of time for the site.
If you didn't expect some people to be all up in your face, then you really din't think things threw.
From what I see ramagi gave you a very good response but you overlooked that.

Response to Portal Crews 2007-02-06 21:00:26

You know I thought about it and...you're still an idiot.

skittles

BBS Signature