00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Friendly Reminder

25,804 Views | 263 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 03:22:37

This thread:

Total times concept explained by Wade: 7-8
Total times concept misinterpreted after explaination:30
Average of people who read at least the first post: 60%
Average of people who read at least the first page: 30%
Average of people who read the whole thing: 5%
Average thickness of skull: 2 inches

Conclusion: Wade will be insane in 2 more pages
Recommended: Post about new pipeline!!! :)

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 04:03:06

Oops. Looks like I made a mistake in my first post. Wade, if you're going after ppl who vote 0 for ALL new portal submissions, that's good news to me. I made the mistake of not reading all 5 pages of posts before I threw my 2 cents in.

But, if that's what you're doing, you could actually say that in your original post. You'd avoid a LOT of headaches from people (myself included) if you flat-out stated what the problem was...

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 06:01:02

I think I rate fairly, I think that most people that alradey submitted movies and seen thembeing rated unfairly rate fairly

how can i be sure that i am not on the list just to be sure that i rate good

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 06:33:44

At 4/26/03 12:26 AM, KICKASSCOMEDY wrote:
That is the most sensible thing i've heard all day.

If someones going to vote 0, they need a reason for it other than "errrrrr...i wanted a blam point"

Wow, that is pure genius! Heeeeeeeey... maybe we should do that for the "1" too! ANd also... for all the other numbers, cause after all, it's a anonymus vote harharhar!

Stupid idea you have there, my friends!
1. 100-150 movies get blammed per day.
2. There's no way anyone will vote 0 anymore
3. There's no way anyone will rack up blam points
4. How THE HELL DO YOU SUGGEST THE ADMINS TO CHECK IF EACH USER HAS GIVEN A PROPER EXCUSE? Do the maths: 100 movies x 50 votes = 5000 reviews to check per day, minimum! Are you nuts!

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 11:47:49

OK!

Friendly Reminder

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 12:00:33

Why not just tell everyone how to vote in the Presidential elections? It's the same idea...

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 12:35:55

At 4/26/03 12:00 PM, aquabat wrote: Why not just tell everyone how to vote in the Presidential elections? It's the same idea...

Good point. That's what Saddam did in Iraq.

Levels --- Badges

Chaos, panic and disorder; my work here is done.

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 12:59:33

Isnt this the total opposite of what newgrounds is supposed to represent? Anyways the whole system needs to be improved because its just crap ya know?wade ur ugly

Friendly Reminder

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 14:52:13

An open letter to this topic:

STFU.
You don't know what your talking about. Read Wade's first freaking post. Stop calling him a fascist nazi. If you still can't comprehend what he's talking about then I suggest commit suicide.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 14:55:17

Allright Wade, I think there is nothing that can be done now... you've lost them all forever. It's very Sad, but it's the way it is!

closing statement for all of you nutcases:
NG = PRIVATE
USA = PUBLIC

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 15:18:05

Suggesting to people how they should vote is fine (hey it's Tom & Wade's site), but when you add the element of punishment, you alter a person's thinking thereby taking away their freedom of thought and turning the suggestion into a law.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 15:31:16

I don't know what other people think Newgrounds is 'suppposed to mean.' I for one think that nothing should, 'mean' giving irresponsible idiots power. Why are people so paranoid? If one doesn't go around blamming every movie he/she sees, then there is no reason for that person to be afraid of voting restrictions. Maybe the complainers don't want to get punished for stuff they know they shouldn't have done..

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 15:41:11

Man, the little kids on this site have no reading comprehension. I write stuff on my submissions that explains things, people can't read it and complain about the same things I just explained or referenced in my writing. Wade types out a post, a bunch of little kids can't read, and they complain about irrelevant stuff.

Thus the problem about a site that attracts a bunch of little kids with no reading comprehension. I fear when I realize that this generation is the future. *shudder*

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 15:51:32

I hate to brinng this up again. But if 0 is for illegal stuff why do we still have it ? The whistle should take care of that then. Now dont say : 0 is for movies with no effort in it. No effort? Every movie has some amount of effort. Even tweening a bunch of circles.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:00:30

At 4/26/03 03:18 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote: Suggesting to people how they should vote is fine (hey it's Tom & Wade's site), but when you add the element of punishment, you alter a person's thinking thereby taking away their freedom of thought and turning the suggestion into a law.

Here goes (again... at least I get more posts...). So? It's Tom and Wade's site! And I think this is a very good altering if you ask me! How the hell could you say that instructing people to note vote "0" on everything is bad? HOW!
People who vote "0" on everything still have as much freedom of though, but now, they have to use responsably unstead of recklessly. That BAD? HOW!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:03:04

At 4/26/03 03:41 PM, arrogancy wrote: intelligent educated stuff

Yes! Finally! A ray of hope in this mist of confusion!

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:19:30

man pox you're going all out on setting these idiots straight aren't you.

here's how it goes:

1.Tom and Wade are not telling you how to vote, they are just telling you to not go around blamming everything, even things that don't deserved to get blammed. They are suggesting you use your power honestly and wisely instead of just trying to get Blam points. If you made a movie and someone blammed it and you put in all that hard work, how would you feel? Now i know that there is crap going into the portal all the time. Stuff that needs to be blammed. But most of it is okay. And okay=2

2.Newgrounds is a private site. If they said that only people with a lvl of 13 or higher can respond in the BBS, they can make it happen. They can do whatever the hell the want with this site. We(the members) are not paying anything to use this site. It is free, so therefore, quit bitching!!!

and that about sums it up in two points.

I could surely die

If I only had some pie

Club-a-Club Club, son

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:22:12

At 4/26/03 04:00 PM, poxpower wrote: Here goes (again... at least I get more posts...). So? It's Tom and Wade's site! And I think this is a very good altering if you ask me! How the hell could you say that instructing people to note vote "0" on everything is bad? HOW!
People who vote "0" on everything still have as much freedom of though, but now, they have to use responsably unstead of recklessly. That BAD? HOW!!!

You obviously didn't understand what I said. More crap will be saved due to this post. Don't put words in my mouth moron.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:23:15

At 4/26/03 04:19 PM, Star_Cleaver wrote: man pox you're going all out on setting these idiots straight aren't you.

I'm trying... I feel for Wade!

and that about sums it up in two points.

Nice summarie, but they'll be back with aguments the likes no one can imagine, like "he's robbing my free speech" and "then why have a 0" etc.
The hordes of the devil are never vanquished!

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:26:39

wade can suck my cock for all i care!

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:33:32

At 4/26/03 04:22 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
You obviously didn't understand what I said. More crap will be saved due to this post. Don't put words in my mouth moron.

O.K., so what you said was : They can tell us how to vote, but shouldn't enforce it. Right? Cause if they don't punish those who fail to comply, WTF do you want them to do? If you feel like I didnMt understand, try to re-explain it, of look like a stubborn little prick by turning away.
You feel more crap is coming in now? How does it affect you or anyone for that matter? More prot points for the masses, a happier author and no extra bandwith problems. What's the problem?

And I'm getting sick of little babies who can't argue with people so they turn to name-calling. It's obvious that you are not mature enough to have any kind of debate, so why don't you leave that to those who actually can do it in a civilised manner? ( and that's not only directed at you Rebel, but to all the others who do that to).
I'm simply trying to explain something to you, and you get angry with me and make it look like you hate me or something.

( this thread is getting fun! :) )

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:44:29

At 4/26/03 04:33 PM, poxpower wrote:
At 4/26/03 04:22 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
And I'm getting sick of little babies who can't argue with people so they turn to name-calling. It's obvious that you are not mature enough to have any kind of debate, so why don't you leave that to those who actually can do it in a civilised manner? ( and that's not only directed at you Rebel, but to all the others who do that to).

You're good with words. I can be just as longwinded in an arguement or debate, whatever you want to call it. You won't draw me into one, not after I checked your profile kid.
Tom, Wade, whatever you get out of this I just want to say this is an amazing site. That's all.

Levels --- Badges

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 16:53:35

At 4/26/03 04:44 PM, Recon_Rebel wrote:
You're good with words. I can be just as longwinded in an arguement or debate, whatever you want to call it. You won't draw me into one, not after I checked your profile kid.
Tom, Wade, whatever you get out of this I just want to say this is an amazing site. That's all.

Alright, take the backdoor if you will, but please, don't put out arguments if you're not ready to stand for them. A lesson I learned the hard way with this damned thread. If you think my profile is reason enough to not want to argue with me, then O.K., mr God, walk away.
By now, you must have come to the conclusion that I'm seeking out some sort of fight. no. I have argued often with friends and family, and sometimes, bith sides agree to disagree, as the case seems to be here.
(BTW Thanx for kliking mah profile! JAJAJA! More popolor i b-cum! OMG! LOL!!!)

So I won't draw you in a debate. I love NG too, and whatever happens, I'm sure this "new" system will be "assimilated" by the "collective" just fine, like P-Bot was.

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 17:10:28

At 4/24/03 05:45 PM, WadeFulp wrote:

2, 3, 4, and 5 should be used to vote on legit submissions that don't violate any guidelines and have effort put into them, even if you don't like it.

Wait a second even if we personally dont like the submision wher still not supost to BLAM it at the thresh hold. Thats just stooped if I don't like something I am going to BLAM it whether you like it or not.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 17:20:14

Is Alien Hominid really going to be a video game for PS2 or XBOX? If so, tell me why you picked that character.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 17:31:58

FUCK ME WADE LOOKS LIKE TOM GREEN

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 17:47:56

My movies all suck, but they all have a lot of effort put into them (usually), and some come very close to being blammed! The ones that ahve no effort put in at all get blammed, but my "John Major.." one came sooooo close, and that took a while to make! I'm probably on that list, anyway.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 17:49:38

It's those damn stick movies, with two stickmen shooting at eah other. I vote low on them, but I'm sure they take some time to make. They suck, though.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 18:20:53

At 4/26/03 05:31 PM, Snub wrote: FUCK ME WADE LOOKS LIKE TOM GREEN

I thought that a while back! Maybe the whole site is just an extended Tom Green prank - lol! Hey mum! I'm on TV!

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 18:31:23

I hope im not on the bad list