00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Friendly Reminder

25,758 Views | 263 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 17:10:12

ive only been on newgrounds for a month not even. when i started out i though /*that if u wanted a portection point u had to vote 5 and if u wanted a blam point u had to vote a 0 until about a week ago i found out i was wrong so i stopped voting with those 2 and used pretty much only 1-3 or 4 and barely voted for some reason but im afraid i might be on that list cuz in my 0-5 period i did alot of damage i picked 1 hell of a time to join cuz there was 10 second cheap stick fights everywhere

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 17:15:57

and when i started voting i noticed alot of people made videos that looked like they had alot of work put in to them but still sucked and i admit most of the time ive voted 0 even tho i liked it because my freind voted and said it was getting a bad score, just to get blam point but i will do that no more and feel bad cuz of it :'(

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 17:34:22

At 4/25/03 06:25 AM, poxpower wrote:
At 4/25/03 06:20 AM, liljim wrote:

(snip)

If, however, you persistently vote 0 on anything that comes into the Portal and at least of a few of those entries end up getting scores of 3+ (and even manage to get a few awards), then you had better watch your back.
Thanks for clarifying the matter! We were all wondering how it was actually programmed and all. I think this deserves a front page post, it'll make poor Wade work way less trying to explain to everyone 10 times that you only get on that list if you vote 0 on EVERYTING.
Well, you might want to add some more numbers too, like, how many times is "persistently", but then again, that would encourage some people to try and cheat some more.

Why would that drive anyone to try to "cheat" the system some more by voting 0 on a few of the good movies that they see in the portal's most recent list... I mean, even if they know they can get away with say 5 0 votes on a 3+ final score entry per day, that's 5 protect votes they're missing, and 5 blams they simply CANNOT get. So what's the freakin' point?

The only time I ever vote 0 and 1 on a movie and don't get a blam is when my tastes differed enough from the other 99 people who voted to miss it at around 1.70 or so, basically. Anyone who votes 0 or 1 on an obviously well-received movie to a majority of the population is begging NOT to get a protect point for some stupid reason. eh.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 17:48:41

Sweet! I can not wait until the new data pipeline is up! Faster downloads = more time to watch more movies and review them...YES!

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 17:53:01

Maybe this should be the new vote panel..

Friendly Reminder

The point is... Don't lose your dinosaur.

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 18:04:58

amazinng wazingg

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 18:14:09

Well of course Wade may be right.
But I'm sure that I'm in that list. I sense it.
Cause I vote if I like it, effort isn't really a judgment I make, because you can't really see. The guy may be a flash god and make total crap, or a former crappy animator that starts to make things like Qi or Hellboy and stuff ...
I vote if I like it ... But you're right. That's why my SAVE points are now catching up on my BLAM ones, I'm trying to give more luck to those who want to be in the " I have a movie " list.
Err...
That's all.
I guess.

I play lottery. I always lose.

LOOK at my CAR VIDEOS on YouTUBE !!

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 18:29:21

I will do whatever u say!! (drunk)

Friendly Reminder

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 19:03:42

the whole under judgement system sucks. So many things could be ameliorated on ng, its just mind boggling!

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 19:03:52

Wade.. plz make a Wacked! collection.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 19:21:35

At 4/25/03 06:14 PM, alexsmolik wrote: Well of course Wade may be right.
But I'm sure that I'm in that list. I sense it.

You are not on the list. There are only about 7 users on it currently and I reset it a few days ago. There is one user who has more bad votes than the others. No, I realize some of these, or many, maybe stolen, offensive, etc that just got voted high by users who didn't know they were breaking any rules. Here is the list, first is the entry, then the score it had at the time it was protected (100th vote) and then the score given by the user. If someone wants they can give us an idea of how many of these are legit submissions that didn't deserve 0's:

1. DALEKS vs Doctor Who 3.06 0
2. Desert Run 3.80 0
3. Spindle: Character Beta 3.83 0
4. 1979 3.65 0
5. Why anime is bad for kids 2.89 0
6. Mr. T Vs Joe Millionaire 3.59 0
7. The Watchers Trailer 3.12 0
8. Mad postcardrunner 2 2.78 0
9. Sqeezy the rubber_ep.3 2.72 0
10. Dogfight 2.99 0
11. Hypnotic Foamy 4.25 0
12. PowerFul Warriors Movie 1 2.99 0
13. DumbAss (KFC) 3.00 0
14. element adventure demo 3.23 0
15. JusticeAssault-Part 2 3.33 0
16. Teenage Wasteland 3.39 0
17. Seeking B 3.77 0
18. The Greatest Comic part 4 3.70 0
19. Matrix Stix 2.76 0
20. element adventure 1/4 3.24 0
21. -The Ninja- 3.36 0
22. strange times 16 =stupid 2.74 0
23. ~Mighty Quest of Evil~ 3.43 0
24. The Dark Knight Returns 3.42 0
25. South Park meets CStrike! 3.22 0
26. Tactical Response Unit 3.16 0
27. Choccy Whitehead 3.49 0

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 19:37:39

I had a feeling tha tpeople were voting 0 on Choccy Whitehead. I doubt he was the only one, too.

It doesnt deserve a 0. i dont think it deserves a 1 either.

Maybe they'll vote properly when they start puberty.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 19:39:09

well wade me for example i voted 0 on 1979 and gave a review saing that i was confused since it was uploaded before. After some research I realized that the guy was right and some ass just made a username with the orginial authors name. I regret that 0.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 19:43:10

Well, it's nice that you own up to your mistakes, But even if a movie is stolen, you should still vote on the movie accordingly, not the author. if a movie is stolen, and people know that its stolen, they will blow the whistle, which is what it is there for. That way, if the movie isn't stolen, then it will have a worthy score.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 19:53:05

Arggg.... you want a mind teaser try reading this thread and understand why people don't get that you can vote zero, yeah i know wade has told this over and over again but i can't fathom the reason people don't get that easy concept vote 0 on crap rate the other stuff good ahh..*suddenly the world makes sence again*. I scratch my head trying to figure out why people are scared to vote 0 literaly *scared* honestly to vote 0 well... thats just wrong, if your scared to vote 0 on crap then your a wuss *wussy!!*.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 20:01:54

am I on the naughty list?

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 20:20:07

At 4/25/03 07:43 PM, AGandPJ wrote: Well, it's nice that you own up to your mistakes, But even if a movie is stolen, you should still vote on the movie accordingly, not the author. if a movie is stolen, and people know that its stolen, they will blow the whistle, which is what it is there for. That way, if the movie isn't stolen, then it will have a worthy score.

If I know that the movie is stolen, I'd rather give it a 0. If I KNOW that it is stolen, I want to make its chances of survival worse, just in case it gets past and nothing is done about it. When it comes to stolen flash, I vote on the effort that the person who submitted it put into it, which was nothing.

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 20:28:36

Yeah, but blowing the whistle is WAAAAY more fun than voting 0. You dont get to see the funky Whistle animation by voting zero.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 20:40:01

At 4/25/03 08:28 PM, AGandPJ wrote: Yeah, but blowing the whistle is WAAAAY more fun than voting 0. You dont get to see the funky Whistle animation by voting zero.

Oh I do both, I do everything possible to get rid of stolen stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 22:22:03

Wade Tom I Agree with You Fully U Cant Just Blam Stuff Thats Not Fair once i submitted a piece of crap And It Got Blammed I Asked Wade To Remove It And So Now I Always Watch A Movie Or Game Before Voting On It Maybe These People Should Try Making Their Own Flash Im Still Learnin In My Spare Time

Friendly Reminder

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 23:06:48

I didn't say anything the first time but now that it's a repeating trend -- I'm gettin' kinda sick of Wade instructing ME how to cast MY vote.

If your log traps are filling too fast maybe it's time to build a better trap.

Damnit.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-25 23:41:05

Sorry wade, but this voting thing has gone to your head. Your telling us how to vote which is everything newgrounds is supposed to be against. We're supposed to be able to express ourselves freely. Honestly, im not gonna give a "new" video a 2 jus b/c its new. If thats what you want us to do, then whats the point of Blam Points? That would bring anarchy to the whole system. Plus it would be unfair and stupid . . .

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 00:12:54

People just continue what you do now

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 00:26:32

At 4/25/03 10:20 PM, HyperborianWanderer wrote:
At 4/24/03 07:20 PM, WadeFulp wrote:
Look, there are people who vote 0 on EVERYTHING to rack up their blam points. We are trying to scare THESE people. Most users vote fair enough, even if they hand out 0's to things that may not deserve it. It's pretty rare I punish someone. They have to be blatently voting 0 on just about everything.

Well, you don't have a good track record here, Wade, do you, like the time you sent e-mails to everyone who voted 0 on a single movie you liked. I could see why people are scared

You want to make it fair? Do like you did with blowing the whistle - if someone wants to vote 0, make them justify it in writing!

That is the most sensible thing i've heard all day.

If someones going to vote 0, they need a reason for it other than "errrrrr...i wanted a blam point"

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 00:29:36

I vote how I vote and I vote justly. If movies are crap, they get 0. If movies are ok, they get 2-5. But just because I dont agree with everyone about everything doesnt mean I should hear about it constantly.

Anyway, I think you should enjoy getting bad movies booted because it clears up an already lagged server.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 00:47:17

Tired of blaming? Well why don't you get rid of 0 until it is no longer in judgement! That might solve the problem! But i agree, you are going a little too far with the this issue. And the s-list. What are you going to do. Ban 75% of ng if not more! ha, only a fool would do something like that! This is your website but it is us who click those stupid little ads who pays for all this and banning us would be a big mistake! Also something else, You know what my first 8-10 flash didn't make it past 0.86. then i put a little more effort and time in and one has a 2.65 and the other has a 3.13 and there not much of a movie. Its what people like and how well its put together but if its a ten minute stick fight then it better be amazing
or we will just send it to the graveyard!

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 01:15:22

So voting 0 on the 10,000 stick movies that plague the portal everyday = bad? What about all those ****y movies that the authors say took them 2-3 weeks? Are we going to be giving crappy stick movies that use excessive tweening a 3 because some jackass says he worked hard on it?

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 01:32:05

Ah who cares. When it comes to voting, I just stick with my gut feelings. I have voted 0 once. I even remember the flash I voted 0, course I ain't saying, but what I mean to say is, when it comes to voting, trust your instincts and everything will be cool.

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 01:50:41

thats so true that its kinda scary, people vote either 1 or 5. go figure.

Maximus Decimus Meridius

BBS Signature

Response to Friendly Reminder 2003-04-26 03:00:42

Hmmm...so what you're saying is that there's really no point in voting 0. If you're going to vote 0, you'd be better off blowing the whistle on an entry. Same thing. So why even HAVE a 0?

I'm not sure how the blamming/protection points work. It seems that you only get a point by voting on something that's under judgement. If this is true, you're now expecting everyone to vote 1 or 2 for movies we don't like just for fear of having our points reset and/or having our account deleted. This raises two questions.... #1. Again, what's the point of having the ability to vote 0.... #2. Did it ever occur to you that if you basically force people to vote at least a 1, it will cause more CRAP entries to make it past judgement, which will in turn further clog up your system?

I get enough of the error messages telling me NG is overloaded as it is, and I'm on cable modem. Maybe you should trust in us enough to know that if one person votes a good movie badly, enough people will vote it highly that its true score will show; and vice versa...