Be a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

  • 171,983 Views
  • 4,667 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-10 18:59:34 Reply

no one's really been posting lately but here's my contribution

Warhammer 40.000 Crew


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-10 19:01:50 Reply

and another...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-15 10:39:58 Reply

At 5/10/10 06:59 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: no one's really been posting lately but here's my contribution

Sweet nice one, is that a vanquisher or just the base model, the main cannon looks massive.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-17 09:44:37 Reply

At 5/15/10 10:39 AM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote:
At 5/10/10 06:59 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: no one's really been posting lately but here's my contribution
Sweet nice one, is that a vanquisher or just the base model, the main cannon looks massive.

its just a normal leman russ O.o


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-19 13:47:26 Reply

Update on my blog - Saltorics Grey Raven Blog

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-19 21:00:49 Reply

At 5/19/10 01:47 PM, saltoric wrote: Update on my blog - Saltorics Grey Raven Blog

where have I seen those before? :P

I think I said this before but you should clean them up a bit, the highlights (or at least what I think are highlights) seem a little harsh.

also, I love your chaplains plasma pistol! I've been trying to highlight the plasma casing and build it up to white on my plasma weapons but it never seems to work -_-

keep it up!


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-20 15:02:55 Reply

At 5/19/10 09:00 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: I think I said this before but you should clean them up a bit, the highlights (or at least what I think are highlights) seem a little harsh.

keep it up!

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated TAUfanatic

saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-23 16:25:21 Reply

Hey guys new daemons - http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/sh owthread.php?t=7193&page=4

Scroll down till u see them.

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-23 19:08:52 Reply

At 5/23/10 04:25 PM, saltoric wrote: Hey guys new daemons - http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/sh owthread.php?t=7193&page=4

OH. MY. GAWD. I've always been a bit tempted by chaos, those daemons look awesome. I'm guessing as with most daemons they can be used in 40K and fantasy.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-05-25 20:37:01 Reply

that new daemon prince looks FUCKING COOL!


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-08 17:11:35 Reply

No posts for a while so what wargaming/painting have u guys been doing?

I'll start off , last saturday i won a diorama painting competetion and so won the book entitilled - Imperial Munitorum Manual. Its about Imperial guard armour, tanks, guns and tactics its very cool.
Also as im nearing the end of my space marine army im starting in contrast a tzeentch chaos marine army which im starting by buying 2 unassembled spawn for £10 (usually cost £20) :). Also going to try out my colour scheme for them but not buy any untill either summer holidays or games day.
I also hope to actually get myself to spray and paint my games day voysterons.

Saltoric

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-09 08:03:27 Reply

At 6/8/10 05:11 PM, saltoric wrote: No posts for a while so what wargaming/painting have u guys been doing?

Well someone's been busy, lol. Nice one mate sounds great. I have also been tempted by chaos, AGAIN! So we will see what happens. I haven't been doing much recently as i am in the middle of my A-levels and i actually have an exam in an hour =3 but it should be fine. Also might be getting a job soon which mean......DEATH KORPS OF KREIG!

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-09 09:10:46 Reply

I started painting my first squad of steel legion guardsmen, as well as started filing down my second squad


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-10 14:53:07 Reply

At 6/9/10 09:10 AM, TAUfanatic wrote: I started painting my first squad of steel legion guardsmen, as well as started filing down my second squad

Nice any pics perhaps??
Any way here are some pics of my mentioned diorama (this was taken before it is fully finished)

Just realised you can only post 1 pic at a time :(
So i present to you the back of my diorama.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-10 14:54:35 Reply

And the front (ignore me for this stupid order im posting in)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-10 14:55:37 Reply

And from the top

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-10 19:17:20 Reply

I think your pics could've been betterm but otherwise I really like the diorama

I LOVE beakie marines :D


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-13 06:43:15 Reply

At 6/10/10 07:17 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: I LOVE beakie marines :D

Who doesnt :)

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-13 07:22:59 Reply

At 6/13/10 06:43 AM, saltoric wrote:
At 6/10/10 07:17 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: I LOVE beakie marines :D
Who doesnt :)

I have never met anyone who doesn't like crow heads, they just look so cool, my mate was planning on starting a beakie army, but as you only get 1 or 2 for every ten marines it started to become a stupid idea. Though he could have just ordered a crap tonne from forge world, though i think by that time he had a normal army anyway. RIGHT! Back to the point, great diorama, great use of scenery and do i spot a guardsman sinking into the floor, +10 Awesome points +5 WTF points.

saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-13 13:34:14 Reply

At 6/13/10 07:22 AM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote:

:RIGHT! Back to the point, great diorama, great use of scenery and do i spot a guardsman sinking into the floor, +10 Awesome points +5 WTF points.

I dont know which guardsman your talking about because they are all glued on with none sinking into the floor ????

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-15 09:35:24 Reply

At 6/13/10 01:34 PM, saltoric wrote: I dont know which guardsman your talking about because they are all glued on with none sinking into the floor ????

I think he's talking about the one in the oil...or water or something

I can *kinda* see it but I'm not too sure either


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-15 19:40:55 Reply

I know its not a 40k model bu I couldn't resist posting this
its called an AC, and its from the Armored Core series of video games. This guy is a character from Armored Core Nexus and basically, he's a badass

also I got a camera so this is me testing it out

Warhammer 40.000 Crew


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-16 06:13:10 Reply

At 6/15/10 07:40 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: This guy is a character from Armored Core Nexus and basically, he's a badass

That looks like an earthshaker cannon on his shoulder......NICE!

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-22 20:06:14 Reply

At 6/16/10 06:13 AM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote:
At 6/15/10 07:40 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: This guy is a character from Armored Core Nexus and basically, he's a badass
That looks like an earthshaker cannon on his shoulder......NICE!

I'm trying to come up with rules for it, maybe thats what I'll count the grenade launchers as XD

Warhammer 40.000 Crew


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-06-24 11:46:34 Reply

At 6/22/10 08:06 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: I'm trying to come up with rules for it, maybe thats what I'll count the grenade launchers as XD

Big ass count as dreadnoughts, taking plasma cannon to a new level

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Member since: Sep. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-07-05 09:03:52 Reply

Guys, i've been really tempted to start playing fantasy, i went into my local GW yesterday and they had an epic battle happening. I have played a few times before and i love the way it's a bit harder and a lovely way to practise painting. Though i'm not going to stop 40K clearly, how could you. I'm just going to dabble in a bit of fantasy.

saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-07-05 14:35:42 Reply

At 7/5/10 09:03 AM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote: Guys, i've been really tempted to start playing fantasy, i went into my local GW yesterday and they had an epic battle happening. I have played a few times before and i love the way it's a bit harder and a lovely way to practise painting. Though i'm not going to stop 40K clearly, how could you. I'm just going to dabble in a bit of fantasy.

Yeah fantasy is good but now lots of core are needed for an army meaning you have to spend more money :(.
Yeah to date i have collected 2 fantasy armies versus 4 40k armies

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-07-07 17:30:56 Reply

Fantasy seems cool but with 40k being as expensive as it is, I don't think I can afford another hobby D:

although warmachine seems cool...and cheaper...

also, now that I've got my camera I've been going nuts, here's on of my pics :D

Warhammer 40.000 Crew


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Member since: Jan. 12, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-07-09 11:41:40 Reply

At 7/7/10 05:30 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: Fantasy seems cool but with 40k being as expensive as it is, I don't think I can afford another hobby D:
although warmachine seems cool...and cheaper...
also, now that I've got my camera I've been going nuts, here's on of my pics :D

Looks awesome i love ur ork, but i dont think (refering to ur words) that games workshop stores support warmachine.
Anyway new fantasy isnt a have to do im not doing it, its too expensive.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Member since: Oct. 17, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2010-07-09 18:17:03 Reply

At 7/9/10 11:41 AM, saltoric wrote:
Looks awesome i love ur ork, but i dont think (refering to ur words) that games workshop stores support warmachine.
Anyway new fantasy isnt a have to do im not doing it, its too expensive.

thank you :D the pic is kinda dark but I do have photoshop so I can make the quality better....
also, I know that GW doesn't have War Machine, I'm just saying that if I were to get into another game that would be it

but if I did get into fantasy, I'm torn between Lizardmen,Skaven, and Bretonia

and here's another :D

because I can...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew


thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature