New Topic Respond to this Topic
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 23rd, 2009 @ 08:23 AM Reply

Yes, when i first started i said "OMG space marines they are teh sex, but my first army was tau as i started gaming as soon as they came out. Then i had necrons who seemed invincible but were actually really dull. Now SPACE MARINES ARE AWESOME in plastic and metal form, i are love my dark angels.

Also i figured out, a few months ago, why ultraQUEERmarines where all over the place, because they don't actually have a codex, they have practically no special rules. Whereas, dark angels, blood angels, black templars have loads of exclusive stuff, the ultraPOOFmarines have a special tank, a guy with two power fists and tyranid hunters. But don't feel sorry for them, they're too busy with all that man love they have to do.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 23rd, 2009 @ 11:39 AM Reply

ultamarines are the "epitome" of pace marine design...they still have all the implants and they completely follow the codex astartes...

me personally I prefer the salamanders, they're green, LOVE fire, and look like badass with their scales and such.

thanks for the sig Phobotech

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 23rd, 2009 @ 02:21 PM Reply

At 12/23/09 11:39 AM, TAUfanatic wrote: ultamarines are the "epitome" of pace marine design...they still have all the implants and they completely follow the codex astartes...

me personally I prefer the salamanders, they're green, LOVE fire, and look like badass with their scales and such.

Definatly Salamanders ftw as i am going to do them next after i finish my Blood Angles.

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 25th, 2009 @ 07:40 PM Reply

MERRY CHRISTMAS CHAPS! (even though it's technically boxing day here) What did you guys get, i got a new camera, some awesome books aaaaaaaaaaand a MASSIVE carry case for 'the troops'.

saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 27th, 2009 @ 06:08 AM Reply

At 12/25/09 07:40 PM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote: MERRY CHRISTMAS CHAPS! (even though it's technically boxing day here) What did you guys get, i got a new camera, some awesome books aaaaaaaaaaand a MASSIVE carry case for 'the troops'.

Merry Christmas to you too even though it's not even boxing day as i havn't got to a computer after christmas until now. For Christmas i got a drop pod, tacticla squad, assualt marine squad, death company squad, 2 years subscription to white dwarf and a new computer. All of the warhammer was for my blood angels.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 28th, 2009 @ 04:04 PM Reply

I got a valkyrie for christmas

oh and happy new years

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 28th, 2009 @ 07:57 PM Reply

Got a combat, to make my army legal again, and also do some tweeking, as in, no heavy weapons in tactical squads, not to mention i had one too many anyway. Check out how many bits there was for just five guys (with a few trinkets of corse).

MastaGeneral
MastaGeneral
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 29th, 2009 @ 10:46 AM Reply

Actually (Continuing the metal nids thing), our game store got a "advanced model" (so ppl can see it) And the sexy tentacle beast is plastic.

8D

You just lost the game
Sig by Sig crew.

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 29th, 2009 @ 02:08 PM Reply

At 12/28/09 07:57 PM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote: Check out how many bits there was for just five guys (with a few trinkets of corse).

EVERYONE LOOK AT THE FREAK WHO FORGOT THE PHOTO!

retarded

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 30th, 2009 @ 04:09 AM Reply

Wow i leave the post for 1 day as no one was posting and everyone posts like five times. At TAUfanatic it is not new years yet as you posted on tuesday and new years is on friday. At suspiciouspengiun why so many pieces because i recently made a 10 man tactical and i had alot of pieces but that is loads for 5 guys. Also my grandparents havn't given me their christmas presents yet because 1 of them has been ill when the other one visits so i don't have a furiso dreadnought for my dropod :( or lemartes (blood angels) but not obvoisly the real model if anyone knows what it looks like.

p.s furiso dreadnoughts have two dread close combat weapons and you cna upgrade them to be venerable or have the black rage.

pp.s black rage gives me an extra D3 attacks wooo.

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 30th, 2009 @ 07:21 AM Reply

Yeah i know, there are a shite load of pieces, that's why i posted the picture. Of course i had given them some of the trinkets like, knives, ammo packs, melta bombs, auspex. The reason i got them was to make my tactical squads legal (i had three squads and four heavy weapons) but for some strange reason i now need even more men.
Black rage=FTW!

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 30th, 2009 @ 06:30 PM Reply

I know its not new years yet but I'm posting cuz I wont be on then

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Dec. 31st, 2009 @ 08:53 PM Reply

Happy new yeah guys, YES! another year closer to the year 40,000, soon my brothers, soon they will rise and will shall be some of the chosen few belivers and be taken in by the emperor to fight all that is good and holy in the universe. FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!!!!

Please note: future not certain
Subject to avalibility of human space travel
Choking hazard contians small plastic and metal figures.
May contain nuts
Best before 01/01/40,000
Open at other end
Do NOT insert head, or other non-super limbs
I could go on all night
TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 1st, 2010 @ 02:47 PM Reply

what do you know I am here on new years

happy new years everybody, may it be filled with fun battles and awesome stories

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 2nd, 2010 @ 03:59 PM Reply

I has my furiso dread now but putting the legs on and posing them (into a running postiton) was a bitch.
Still havn't converted the front plate into death company and venerable... ....yet. Im using the ironclad model with the right arm powerfist and took a left arm power fist off my old black reach dread.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 7th, 2010 @ 09:51 AM Reply

At 1/2/10 03:59 PM, saltoric wrote: I has my furiso dread now but putting the legs on and posing them (into a running postiton) was a bitch.
Still havn't converted the front plate into death company and venerable... ....yet. Im using the ironclad model with the right arm powerfist and took a left arm power fist off my old black reach dread.

I hate the dreadnought kits...the legs are posed so...stiffly....its a problem in the dred kit and with the battlesuit kits, but if you've managed to do it it should look cool.

converting the front plate? what are you using, green stuff? bits? or something else?

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 7th, 2010 @ 11:58 AM Reply

At 1/7/10 09:51 AM, TAUfanatic wrote:
I hate the dreadnought kits...the legs are posed so...stiffly....its a problem in the dred kit and with the battlesuit kits, but if you've managed to do it it should look cool.

converting the front plate? what are you using, green stuff? bits? or something else?

Dunno havn't got round to that part yet but i do have lots of greenstuff to use

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 7th, 2010 @ 03:54 PM Reply

Talking of conversions i may take on a little challenge myself, get some dark angels veterans with the cloaks and the awesome, get some devastators, and then create veteran devastators. But the cloaks may have to be butchered a bit to enable heavy bolters and plasma cannons.

that's one thing i loved about the tau, the battlesuits were so much more poseable than other walkers in 40K.
TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 8th, 2010 @ 09:16 AM Reply

At 1/7/10 03:54 PM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote: Talking of conversions i may take on a little challenge myself, get some dark angels veterans with the cloaks and the awesome, get some devastators, and then create veteran devastators. But the cloaks may have to be butchered a bit to enable heavy bolters and plasma cannons.

working with green stufff D: good luck with that...
actually I've heard that you can try and heat ur the plastic to be able to bend it without breaking,I've seen it done with carnifex tails

that's one thing i loved about the tau, the battlesuits were so much more poseable than other walkers in 40K.

I would cut/bend the arms and legs on my battlesuits all the time :D they look awesome

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 9th, 2010 @ 11:53 AM Reply

Finished my furiso i'll try to take pictures tommorow.

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 14th, 2010 @ 06:33 AM Reply

Hey guys sorry for lack of posts, but i'm just getting my drving lisense sorted out (after 5 months of being 17) so i will be saving money for lessons, so no mini's for me for a while. Though i will update you of various battles as usual.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 14th, 2010 @ 09:15 AM Reply

cool about your driver's lisence man! (damn I misspelled that) I've recently turned 16 so I can get a permeit, and maybe the lisence too (AHH misspelling)

and on other news...whewre's that furioso dread????

BBS Signature
saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 14th, 2010 @ 11:55 AM Reply

At 1/14/10 09:15 AM, TAUfanatic wrote: cool about your driver's lisence man! (damn I misspelled that) I've recently turned 16 so I can get a permeit, and maybe the lisence too (AHH misspelling)

and on other news...whewre's that furioso dread????

soz it actually isn't finished yet i still need to glue in my dead tau fire warrior to the base and change a bit of it.

saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 14th, 2010 @ 03:31 PM Reply

I did take pictures and tryed to upload them but my computer crashed and we had to REINSTALL WINDOWS.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 03:06 PM Reply

At 1/14/10 03:31 PM, saltoric wrote: I did take pictures and tryed to upload them but my computer crashed and we had to REINSTALL WINDOWS.

oh man that freakin sucks :(

well I'm gonna post my own WIP pic here, I'm making a scenic base for my valkyrie and I'm taking one of the gunners and giving him his own emplacement on the base, as if the valkyrie was flying right over him

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature
SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 16th, 2010 @ 08:30 PM Reply

At 1/16/10 03:06 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: well I'm gonna post my own WIP pic here, I'm making a scenic base for my valkyrie and I'm taking one of the gunners and giving him his own emplacement on the base, as if the valkyrie was flying right over him

Holy crap! good idea that's going to look awesome, love the individual sandbags, wow the Valkyrie bases, aren't as big as i won't expect, but i suppose they are airborne. At least that's better than those blasted FLIGHT BASES!

saltoric
saltoric
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 17th, 2010 @ 12:29 PM Reply

At 1/16/10 03:06 PM, TAUfanatic wrote: oh man that freakin sucks :(

well I'm gonna post my own WIP pic here, I'm making a scenic base for my valkyrie and I'm taking one of the gunners and giving him his own emplacement on the base, as if the valkyrie was flying right over him

Yep windows is now finished and i have everything back ecept my picture. Im going to post a pic soon and this time when i put it on i will try not to crash windows.

TAUfanatic
TAUfanatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 17th, 2010 @ 02:06 PM Reply

At 1/17/10 12:29 PM, saltoric wrote:
Yep windows is now finished and i have everything back ecept my picture. Im going to post a pic soon and this time when i put it on i will try not to crash windows.

you better not :P
I hope it all comes out good

At 1/16/10 08:30 PM, SuspiciousPenguin wrote:
Holy crap! good idea that's going to look awesome, love the individual sandbags, wow the Valkyrie bases, aren't as big as i won't expect, but i suppose they are airborne. At least that's better than those blasted FLIGHT BASES!

thank you sir, I'm also planning to buy the battlefield accessories set to decorate the base some more, and make it look like the valkyrie is flying over the battlefield (rather than just one guy)

better than those flying bases, those can be a real pain in the ass

BBS Signature
wtfuguyz
wtfuguyz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 21st, 2010 @ 07:41 AM Reply

Attention Everybody.

Squats.

That is all.

SuspiciousPenguin
SuspiciousPenguin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Programmer
Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew Jan. 21st, 2010 @ 06:26 PM Reply

At 1/21/10 07:41 AM, wtfuguyz wrote: Squats.

OH DEAR GOD NO!
I thought we promised not to speak of them ever again.