00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TreeSap2001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

297,512 Views | 4,003 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-16 15:22:54

plz can i join this????

4 all u tyranid lovers out there:

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-17 09:27:46

Fix your spelling, grab sausage, and fire all rounds to the wall on your left.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-17 11:50:42

I specifically said 'LEFT'. I bear no fault here, as the the cafeteria was to the RIGHT of his quarters. I belive that his spatial abilites are flawed.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-17 12:34:47

got firewarrior - STOP - no time to bother ya'll - STOP - it kinda rules - STOP - ohshitsomebigassspacemarineiscomingoverwavingwitharocketlaunchergottakillhi
morelseIdiebutIhaveapowerupomfgomfgomfg - STOP

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

Ah great, just what we need!

http://brookm.deviantart.com/

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-17 16:02:46

A peak into Fire Warrior:

The game has a great atmosphere. Though the first levels are low on real 40k stuff, once you get to ship combat the 40k-ness really stands out.

Cool enemies encoutenered thus far:
- Storm troopers with autoguns, hellguns, heavy shotguns, chainswords and plasma pistols - These guys not only pack a punch, but have some nifty A.I., cool lines and just look plain cool. No really, having a squad of these evil mothers attacking a group of Tau is really fun to see!
- Imperial Priests with refractor field, plasma pistol and a book with litanies to the Emperor!
- Servo skulls

Notsocool enemies:
- Space marines with bolters and plasmaguns - They look cool but go down very easily, the other con is that the vox generated voices sound dorky
- Imperial plantary Guardsmen - They have dorky uniforms and their officers cant fight with their swords (STFU about the real IG in cc!)

Atmosphere:
- Doors sealed with purity seals
- Barracks filled with Imperial propaganda posters
- Real gothic (not goth) architecture!

Other neat things:
- A kick ass intro about the Imperium and the sweet butchering of a Tau outpost

Oh and Mole, the penalty for discharging a firearm in a non combat situation has as standard chapter penalty chastising, penal work (such as cleaning the chapel) and in worst case scenarios casted out for a period of time. (Though you'd have to lose something VERY important or be a real royal pain in the ass of the chapter master)

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-18 08:33:41

Greetings,

A tip for people thinking of buying Fire Warrior. Are you a real (with real, I mean dead serious real, but more because of the gore and combat, not the fluff or background) 40k fan? Then the game may amuse you with its countless battles and unlockable secrets (Just like a console game you can unlock secrets, I have no idea what these might be...)

Ah, the sprite I posted is not a plague marine scout, because Chaos legions DO NOT have scout squadrons, initiates or anything like that!

The little chap I posted is a Steel Legion Lieutenant hailing from the blasted war torn world of Armageddon! The world that has withstood three invasions! (Name me the first invader and receive a toaster!) Accompanying his leader is a Steel Legion trooper. For some further information I refer to this place here.

That and the First and Only will soon be sprite-ified into the chaos hating light infantry as they are depicted!

"TRUE TO THE THRONE AND HARD TO KILL!"

- ROYAL VOLPONE 'BLUEBLOODS' battle cry

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-19 05:59:22

Errr, lazy sounds like a well aimed stab below the belt, I prefer the term 'short on spare time' more. Any more of those vile words against my persona and I'll be forced to politely ask our Inquisitor friend Sivak to perform to outlaw a certain organisation or even a Exterminatus on a paradise world.

Bah, my part of the bargain is almost done, it just needs the fine tuning and a quick removal of all loose ends. (Because, this cooperation is being imported into a much larger story, which is made up half a year ago when I decided to do something 40K that was really freaky, laughable yet entertaining.)

Here's the script I've written together with DB. (He co-stars as ofcourse not only my brother, but also as the battle hardened cynic that manages to butcher just about anybody too close to him.)

Synopsis: Our heroes are being tasked with the ‘quest’ of finding a piece of archeotech. Unwittingly they are pulled into a whirlwind of treachery, heresy, savage combat and weirdness. They will meet one of the most powerful masterminds in the star system and eventually kill it.

Act I. The nightclub, the heroes are relaxing and chilling out. A old man approaches them and asks them a ‘favor’. They must retrieve a piece of archeotech and bring it back to him. In return they will be well rewarded. Shortly after the man leaves several ninja thugs led by a psyker enter and start picking fights with our heroes. But in the end they get their asses kicked in liberal ways. After the heroes leave the building it explodes. *Kaboom!* get it? No? Our heroes had to flee the building because the psyker activated a bomb.

Act II. Back at the base they persuade two desk clerks to hand them several vehicles and supplies for the expedition. The two vehicles, a Chimera and a Conqueror are outfitted for the journey and after a rather dramatic speech by Lt. Brookman head off into the unknown.

Act III. On the road towards their target they discuss the subject and think things over. Each character will tell their motivation and what they are going to do with the money.

Interlude 1. A in-depth look at the base and the ‘Sledgehammer of the Emperor’.

Act IV. At the town of Mordheim our heroes wish to stop for some rest and a visit to the chapel. But the Cardinal reveals himself to be evil as he chants some crappy mumbo jumbo and incites the people into angry mobs. The heroes barely escape after killing the Cardinal. They race on with a large group of mobs in vehicles behind them.

Act V. They reach the site on which the archeotech should be. An small enemy force is onsite and taking the archeotech during a battle. After the battle it is certain that the enemy has evil plans.

Act VI. The heroes race back towards their base in hope of catching the enemy. But they are being stalled by the angry mobs and evil Dark Eldar. After a quick and bloody fight between several pick up trucks, land trains and the Chimera our heroes speed of towards their base with the help of Dark Angel scouts and a abandoned aircraft of the Imperial Navy.

Interlude 2. The ‘Sledgehammer’ takes off and heads towards the space station.

Act VII. The heroes form a boarding party and prepare to do battle with the enemy once more.

Act IIX. The heroes board the space station but unknowingly a enemy force using boarding torpedoes boards the ‘Sledgehammer’ and tries to take over.

Act IX. The heroes battle for their lives as some are presumed dead aboard the space station. The others get captured. The heroes spilt in two groups: Alpha consisting of Vet. Officer Brookman and Vet. Sergeant Stassen. And team Beta: Lieutenant Brookman, Vet. Sergeant Jacquemijns, Vet. Sergeant Harris, Vet. Sergeant Nieuwehuizen and Corporal Bogers. Team Alpha is pinned down and presumed wiped out by the enemy. Team Beta is cornered and taken prisoner.

Interlude 3. The battle for the ‘Sledgehammer’ begins as zombies (gotta have zombies!) and rebels board the ship. Several squads are wiped out, the only strong points the bridge, armory and hangar. At this point many side characters will die in many icky and painful ways. While others will shine in a brutal battle for command of the ship.

Act X. The evil villain explains its plot and attempts to dispose of the heroes. As the villain leaves the room several minions are ordered to kill the heroes, but a sudden rescue comes in the form of the two ‘dead’ veterans who butcher the guards and rescue the heroes.

Act XI. Showdown time! The villain dukes it out with the remainder of the heroes. Our heroes find the villain at the hangar but chase it to the reactor chamber. There the villain falls in a large power beam responsible for powering the base, thus disrupting the power field and angering the machine spirit! The base explodes and our heroes return to base.

Epilogue. Final words on the boss battle and a stupid, yet entertaining one-liner from a side character.

Some of these things may sound cliche or weird, for those things I used the =I= random subplot generator!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-19 08:46:16

At 10/18/03 06:10 PM, -MOLE- wrote:
At 10/17/03 04:02 PM, Lieutenant_Brookman wrote: A peak into Fire Warrior:
did u read the article in White Dwarf? it had alot of info about Firewarrior.Pretty much all the story info for the beggining.

What the White Dwarf does is not only previewing it, but also over hyping the game to a state that it should be 'GODLIKE' compared to game such as, shall we say Half-Life. (And this game, I'm not referingen to HL2, but the first version, which is according to me the game of the millenium and father of the modern mod community!)

They also tell too much of the ingame story, but when you first read the novel based on the game and then play it, you really cry big tears of pain. The book describes how Kais goes throught hose hard 24 hours, how he struggles with his internal demons and his own dead father, a famous commander who always looked down on him. (A funny note: Kais in the novel wants to shoot the face of the Emperor statue off, but can't, as the face of our beloved Emperor reminds him of his own father) In the game, Kais is as mute as Gordon Freemen, Lt. Powell and B.J. Blazkowitz and the story is pretty cheesy, more as an after thought and a reason to kill some more badguys.

not only pack a punch, but have some nifty A.I.
u mean good? Cuase i've seen "incredible AI" for a game on the cover, and then a bad guy turned around the corner, face to face with me exactly, and threw a nade at me....

The AI depends on the enemy and the weapon he holds... The Storm Troopers are an excellent enemy to fight and I really enjoyed the levels featuring them as they are a real menace and challenge. (They also look sooo f*cking cool in a dark room, you can only see the red eye of their targeter glowering at you.)

But enemies such as Chaos Marines, spouting lines at you such as "Blood for tha Bloodgawd!" and "Deth to tha false Emperoh!" are nasty buggers, have decent AI but Kuju decided to give them rocket launchers (I refuse to also call them 'miss'ile launchers any more!) and a bad sence of self preservation!

For me the only Games Workshop PC games that are a smashing succes are Epic 40.000 Final Liberation (with life actors and CG animations!) and Dark Omen, one of the most underestimated strategy games for the PC.
(Not to mention the really sick humour that GW implented throughout the story.
Imperial General: Egad! Whats that!
Imperial Soldier: The dead! The dead walk again!
Imperial Fire Wizzard: Great! Now I have to fight the mother in law back to the grave!)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-19 15:36:11

I say, talk about my ofspring like that again and I'll personally rip of your head and shit down your neck! I've seen Duke do it, he has proven that its more then just a taunt!

Anywho, I will not stoop to those lowly Final Fantasy or sex jokes, please, I'm trying to maintain a certain level of normality. Besides, FF is too weird and ghey on certain levels, I mean come on... Who designs those costumes and who writes the weird as chaos stories that all end with the hero getting the girl and alls well that ends well!

About the fact that I'm late, see me as an game developer and you as the publisher (say me Valve and you Vivendi) I'm sorry but the deadline is being postponed a wee bit more until I can iron out the last loose ends.

Ah, you can see your appereance as a large cameo (I do hope you all know the meaning of that) in which you are also properly introduced and fleshed out to the womanizing foul mouthed liquor obsessed brute that you are today. But to assuade your fears I shall send the first part of this act to you by the phenomena known as e-mail! I hope that this will bring some joy into your life... As of now I will nevererveragain give a date of release or deliverance, my job as intern and frequent visits to several organisations is already robbing me of my free time as a care free guy.

Before I return to watching anime and beating Fire Warrior I leave ya'll with this.

And did I bellow the warcry of the Tanith Ghosts? Why yes. Yes I did. The BETA sprites of Colonel Commissar Gaunt, Brinnie boy Brin Milo, a Tanith master sniper(Please note that this sniper has several other things from the Cadian sniper, such as a barrel wrapped with cloth to prevent detection and the trademark cameleoline cloak.), the formidable 'Try Again' Bragg with his heavy bolter and a random Ghost, with his head next to the sprite, displaying that he has a beard! Further improvements include the blue tattoo's they always have and a decent representation of the cloaks in a background of woodlands. That and perhaps other special characters will make their appearance such as Major Rawne, Sergeant Feygor, Mkoll, Hlaine 'Mad' Larkin and Major Gilbear.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-20 15:55:55

Not swearing in the forty first millenium is not ghey, you'd have to be a semi religious xeno-phobic servant of the Departmento Munitorum, who believes that blasting 'innocent' aliens and traitors away will one day make the universe a better place for mankind! (Or, so they told me in bootcamp when I still was a white shield...)

Ah, shooting Guardsmen in Fire Warrior giving me guilt? Nope, I see it as an experience and a favor, seeing as they have really stupid camo patterns. I only regretted having to butcher all those spiffy Storm Troopers with the cool uniforms and targeters.

Erm, as an unofficial affiliate of Valve I heard the silly rumour that CS-CZ might be released at the end of this month. Quite silly but perhaps realistic, seeing as that game hasn't been robbed of it's code.

AND HL2 IS NOT A MYTH! OVER MY DEAD BODY!

Guess it's time to stoop over my desk again and continue painting my army. The 13th is growing and growing, soon the banners will be risen as they march of to Amsterdam for glorious and bloody combat! (but seeing as I take alot of breaks to watch anime series I hope I can finish 1k worth of men before Christmass...)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-20 15:58:22

Not swearing in the forty first millenium is not ghey, you'd have to be a semi religious xeno-phobic servant of the Departmento Munitorum, who believes that blasting 'innocent' aliens and traitors away will one day make the universe a better place for mankind! (Or, so they told me in bootcamp when I still was a white shield...)

Ah, shooting Guardsmen in Fire Warrior giving me guilt? Nope, I see it as an experience and a favor, seeing as they have really stupid camo patterns. I only regretted having to butcher all those spiffy Storm Troopers with the cool uniforms and targeters.

Erm, as an unofficial affiliate of Valve I heard the silly rumour that CS-CZ might be released at the end of this month. Quite silly but perhaps realistic, seeing as that game hasn't been robbed of it's code.

AND HL2 IS NOT A MYTH! OVER MY DEAD BODY!

Guess it's time to stoop over my desk again and continue painting my army. The 13th is growing and growing, soon the banners will be risen as they march of to Amsterdam for glorious and bloody combat! (but seeing as I take alot of breaks to watch anime series I hope I can finish 1k worth of men before Christmass...)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-21 06:28:02

Yes, I could see myself say some of those to a planet prior to its destruction. Here's another:

You mall all commence praying for forgivness, or running around screaming. Either way, its funny.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-21 13:06:50

At 10/20/03 04:41 PM, Sgt_OBrien wrote: Oh, and what did you all think of the Exterminus song? I think Brookman was trying to avoid talking about it >: |

I'm just not a biggy fan of modern music, they tend to hurt my ears and make me feel offended.

Oh hey Brookman, two things,

1.Do you have a Kill Squad?(see Novembers White Dwarf Chapter Approved article if u don't understand)

Do you mean the WD of this year of previous year? Or perhaps it's because you have the US version of WD and I've got the European version. Could you please give me the rules? (I just hope that it isn't a Death Watch Kill squad, they are soo outdated compared to the latest in Guard technology and assault squads.)

2. Would you be interested in being in a campiagn with me.Just you and me.Alone.With the task of killing 3 men.For more information contact me via magical internet mail.I promise you'll come back alive!(though you might get pretty bruised up...) If you accept you will be given any type of armor you want(even some DA power armor) in any pattern, and can chose any/all gear you want from the Dark Angels Armory.Now i advise you not to spring for a multi-melta or such.This will require some stealth.Therfor if you take a bolt weapon it will be fitted with Stalker Silenced Shells(See page 60 of the Warhammer rule book.the boltguns article). Now this is gonna be a little hush hush.As reward you will get a shiney medal AND a hefty check.

I'll join in, but I can't wear power armour, for that I'd need special implants known as Black Carapace and special chemo therapy. (And I thought that you'd know! Go and buy the first two Index Astartes books at once! Your lack of knowledge of the Adeptus Astartes makes the primarchs cry! And not just Russ and Sanguinius, even the Lion...) And I'll stick to my own gear if you don't mind, I've recently used up all my collected credits on the purchase of a spiffy new powerfist, I just need to train with it. That and I will not, I shall not accept Astartes recomendations.

Brookman, and don't take this offensively, but how many Purple Hearts have you got!?!!?!?!? (for those who don't know, a Purple Heart is a medal men get for being wounded in combat ang surviving.I got one or two somewhere around my house.)

The Imperial Guard has several minor comendations for wounds, but I'm the proud wearer of the Medallion Crimson after the near death experience with the Tau. That one hangs on my chest next to the Macharian Cross when official occasions occure, and these are not pimping tools! No way! The Macharian Cross assures that my carreer in the Guard will be like the risingcloud of a detonating atomic bomb. The Medallion Crimson is seen as a sign that the wearer will keep on fighting no matter the odds or how greviously wounded he is.

And banners are an essential part of the Warhammer universe! Space Marines use them as a rally point, a sign that their leaders are with them and as sacred relics. Banners are religious items to the Imperial Guard, and I feel that my Guard army should have at least two banners (But I'm planning on loading up the tanks with banners and purity seals, and giving each paltoon command a small banner as an trademark item of the officer in charge.)

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-21 13:46:26

Fifty miles a day, we march across the sands,
New xenos to slay, with weapons or with hands,
Always glad to play, the glorious Firebrands

Drinking song of the 8th Cadian Regiment

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-21 15:28:52

Storm Troopers as special a kill-team. Now thats a great choice, they've got the armour, they've got the weaponry and they've got what it takes to take on the 'goon' squads. This is more of an special scenario, so my army won't be fielding such a squad, though with next month rules I hope that I'm allowed to use the Special Weapons Support Squad entry as a Kill team. (That would mean that only six guardsmen enter the field, but can be armed to the teeth - actually up to three with special weapons - with lethal goodies! - Sniper rifles, meltaguns, meltabombs or demolition charges)

The UK version of the WD has an interesting last stand scenario featuring a single platoon of Cadians (25 men) trying to stave the attacks of a Necron tomb, buying time for a Deathwatch team to find a secret code. The Necrons have the sustained assault rules and the game only lasts for six turns. The Cadians must prevent the Necrons from leaving the table, that means through the Cadians! But as a nifty special rule the Cadians can take cover behind pillars which provide an cover safe. Ofcourse, the Cadians have some heavy weapons, a junior officer with power fist and they all benefit from the Shapshooters rule.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-22 12:41:28

Ah-har me maties! I be a Dutchman, serving the Queen of Orange and Nassau, not the Queen of Victoria! Though I hold no grudges against other European countries, nope, I love each of the Europeans like a kinsman. Now then, seeing as I'm Dutch, I hail from THE Netherlands! *shock and awe ensue as the crowd takes it all in*

We don't have a Dutch version of the WD, we receive the UK version, because unlike other countries, we CAN SPEAK ENGLISH! (Ever tried speaking English with a German? They mostly can't!) We don't redub movies, hell no! We have made the placement of subtitles an art! This is why Dutch people know their Englsih soo good, we listen and read the movie lines! (Ofcourse, Belgium also is one of the masters of subbing foreign stuff.)

Now with that out of the way, I can live my life normally again.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-22 12:44:22

At 10/22/03 11:54 AM, Sgt_OBrien wrote:

:He doesn't have the legs like that though, he has a pair that leans to his left w/ a medal on his right boot.

SIN SIN SINNER! That is not a medal! It's a purity seal!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-22 14:28:56

It seems I'm in a era of pre-heresy dominance, I can't seem to remember being the subordinate of the Dark Angels.

Bah! This has completely ruined my mood until the point of no more happiness for today.

Well, at least I still have you, my trusty my PC with anime and cheesy movies...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-22 16:00:12

Its never fun until you pull a groin muscle while holding up razorwire for your buddies to crawl under. And a bug flies in your ear.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-23 11:23:57

Why do we have to ally with xenos... That pesky thing won't leave me alone, sending an endless barrage of questions my way. "What is your reward for serving your emperor?" Ignoring the question I turn my back to the upstart. "What is your reward gue'la? Another metal object you call a medal, your name written down on an honour scroll or to join your master at his side?" Pulling a smoke from my sleeve I light it with a dry snick from the lighter. "Really, I can't see why you would want to die and go to the side of a corpse that hasn't moved in ten thousand years." Spinning on my heel I land my fist in his grey face, making him fall backwards against the wall. As blood dribbles from his nose slits I take a long draught from my cigarette and idly puff the smoke out. "I serve the emperor because it is my duty, not some upstart xeno race that thinks that they are better then humanity, this is only temporary, when this is all over we will crush you!" With those words I turned my back to him again and smoked my stick.

+ + +

My reprimand for beating an Tau ambassador was taken light, just a quick word with the Captain and I was of the hook, what wrong about beating a xeno anyway. "All right you maggots! At 08:00 prepare to move out!" A sergeant nearby shouts at his men as they stand at attention. A claxon nearby starts a slow wail as a servitor drones out the latest set of orders. "Prepare for drop in t-minus ten minutes. All non-combat personal clear drop bay. All combat personal board assigned drop pods for planetary assault. I repeat all non-combat personal leave the drop bay." Stepping inside the grey drop pod I sit down heavily and let the restraint clamp onto my shoulders. Around me the rest of the squad also sits down, each clamped shut by the restraints. "Squad 3 ready for war!" The sergeant called through the vox as the doors slowly closed, shutting us in a red sweatbox. "All right, connect to database for latest information." A small fibre wire is connected from the pod to my chest armour, uploading the latest Intel at a high rate.

+ + + Clearance: Magenta
Thought for the day: Ignorance may be bliss, but it is no defence!
To: All veteran units

Storm Troopers,

Today we are facing a heresy, an abomination of such a magnitude that we cannot allow this to remain. You, brave warriors of the Inquisition, will spearhead the assault on an enemy tomb of the 'star god.' The Tau will be assisting us in the annihilation of these mocking of the god machines of Mars. This alliance is only temporary and we have already taken precautions towards the end of this. Reinforcements will be in the form of twelve companies of Skitaari and three companies of Grey Knights.

May the Emperor watch over you! + + +

"Uhh, preparing for drop, hang on ladies, it's gonna be a rough one." The pod shakes into motion, meaning that we are but moments away from being fired from the ship towards the surface of the planet with a sickening speed. "Ah, don't worry guys, we've had worse!" The sergeant boasts as the pod rocks once.

+ + +

"Drop the pods on my mark."
"Affirmative lord Inquisitor."
"Six, five, four, three, two, mark."
"First wave of pods on its way, on target, second wave being prepped as we speak."
"May the Emperor watch over them."

+ + +

Our landing went well, we deployed according to plan, first contact was less then ideal. The sergeant and several of the squad were flayed before we could return fire. As the sarge and six others were flayed, me and the remaining opened fire, gunning them down before they could re aim and kill us. I personally jammed a krak in each of their necks, ripping their heads off with a nice blast. Briefing told us of their regenerating powers. Better be really sure that they're dead then. But as we progressed, I became the only survivor, not exactly something to be proud of, but I'll be damned if I can't keep that up!

I've been stalking the perimeter of the tomb for the last hours now, trying to pinpoint targets for orbital bombardment and possible teleport attacks.

+ + +

"The Gue'la have already started their assault! They were even more foolish to target the main tomb." Kor'O Ukos looked up at his aide in surprise. His aide has been intercepting and translating the crude data streams between the Gue'la vessels ever since they entered the orbit. "Even more foolish than I anticipated. Inform Shas'O Kais of what the Gue'la have done and try to ask if we can drop reinforcements onto their positions." With a curt nod the aide left, leaving the admiral alone with his viewing screen again, viewing all the data being transferred by the spy drones in orbit.

+ + +

"Manta five, this is Fire control. Prepare the ramp for combat drop."
"Acknowledged, dropping charges in three raiks."
"For the Greater Good! Out."

+ + +

"Attention! All Shas'Ui prepare for immediate drop into enemy territory." All around Mal'Caor pilots boarded their suit of armour, closing themselves into their own small world. Clambering into her own battle suit Mal'Caor tightened the restraints and closed the front. In her neck a small needle stabbed, giving her the ability to operate the battle suit like it was her own body. "All suits prepare for drop." The ramp opened, showing a blur of the landscape below shooting past as the Manta flies in low. "Disembark!" One by one the suits file down the ramp, engaging their jump packs to safely deliver them to the ground. As Mal’Caor jumped down the ramp she could see a glimpse of the combat below. Small fire teams of troopers darting forward, covering each other with a steady covering fire as they seek cover. No ordinary Gue’la warriors. Maybe they would be worthy opponents. But as the thought crossed her mind a red warning icon flashed up displaying a important mission parameter: ‘Gue’la are allies, fight the common enemy!’ Letting out a sigh the battle suit landed hard, creating a small crater in the process. “Search and destroy!”

+ + +

To be continued...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-23 13:14:16

Be quick, or be dead... Dropping to one knee I riddle a lone skeletal warrior with metal slugs. Most impact and penetrate the metal carapace, but some ricochet off with loud pangs. One of my shots hits an upper leg joint, making it fall over. It's lying on the ground, but far from immobilized. Clawing it's way towards me, it's emotionless eyes staring at me, I calmly unsnap my last krak grenade, prime it and roll it towards him as I back away. As the grenade explodes I catch myself grinning at the torso being thrown clear of the blast. Pulling the empty clip from the auto gun I insert a fresh one with a slap and stalk towards a fire fight nearby.

Yep, today is a good day to serve the Emperor...

+ + +

"Progress?"
"Steady, but with high casualties my lord."
"Have the beacons been placed?"
"No my lord, we have unable to contact the teams charged with the placement."
"Initiate a new order to the remaining veteran squads: Find those homing beacons!"
"Yes my lord, transmitting now."

+ + +

Several Tau are attempting to destroy a flying thing with a large glowing gun. Though immobilized, it still fires its gun with dead on precision. Slinging the auto gun over my back I run forward, prepping one of my scavenged weapons I found along the way. One of the cowering fire warriors looks at me with a start as I stomp by but doesn't bring his weapon to bear. With a smirk I shoulder my way through the shooting xenos and shoulder the missile launcher I pulled from a troopers dead hands two hours ago. "Eat this psycho!" I shout as I let a krak missile fly towards the thing, hitting it between the ribs with a dull explosion. Lowering the launcher I drop a new missile in and sling it over my back again, looking at the xenos staring at me. "What!"

+ + +

"Cancel that support. We've already taken care of it." Mal'Caor frowned at the report. "Explain Shas'la." Fire warrior weaponry isn't powerful enough to destroy such an enemy. "A Gue'la blew it up with one of those crude rocket firing tubes." Enthusiasm oozed from the fire warriors voice, clearly impressed by the display of human courage. "Hang tight, I'm coming over, there's bound to be more of them, and that Gue'la can't protect you forever." The fire warrior clacked his tongue in reply. "Shas'ui, there is one other thing. We can't understand what the Gue’la is saying..."

+ + +

Mal'Caor is the sole survivor of her team. Their drop and first contacts were dealt with in the proper way as described by tacticians on T'au. But as more of the skeletal warriors surged forward staying alive became more difficult. As her last team mate was decimated by massive fire from the enemy she forgot all about the proper tactics and started a series of hit and run attacks, jumping in, discharging the plasma rifle in tight bursts at the enemies while keeping the missile pod ready for any heavy threats.

Thus far she must have the highest kill ratio of all crisis teams.

Aye, today is a good day to serve the Greater Good...

+ + +

Damn these xenos! I haven't got a clue what they're saying, but they're planning on tagging along with me. Great, just what I need along with the new orders I got. Consulting my auspex (Another scavenged piece of equipment), a green marker appears of the location where the beacon team 5 was last seen. But, maybe these Tau aren't that useless. I can always use a meat shield when it's going to get tough. Better make good use of them. "This way guys." No visible reaction. They stare at each other and shrug shoulders as if they venture what I just said. Chopping my hand towards the direction of the marker I move out, looking back (and thank the Emperor!) they this time get the point.

+ + +

"Where are you going?" Looking at the built in scanner Mal'Caor noticed that the ire warriors were on the move again. "We're following the Gue’la, he seems to know what he's doing." So he has taken the initiative. Mal'Caor thought as she jumped over a small hill and shot a burst of plasma in mid air at a lone skeletal warrior. "I'll be there in one raik."

+ + +

"Command, this is three, I've found what's left of the beacon team. It's not much but at least the beacons still functional." Carefully picking my way through the blooded corpses of the team I scavenge for ammo, but halt as my eye catches and interesting weapon. "Roger that three, please state current team strength." As I pull the grenade launcher free from the charred arm I reply. "One. Sole survivor, but, I'm boosted by a group of xenos. They might come in handy." Pulling the grenade drum off I stash the grenades in a bandolier and carefully slot a new drum in place. "Roger that, your new objectives are: Gain entry to the tomb and place the beacon at the entrance. The knights will take over from there on. Be warned though, this will be a full teleport assault, so all seventy will be teleported in at the same time." Spinning the drum once like a revolver primed for a night of Necromundan roulette I sling the weapon over my shoulder. "Copy that, entry and deploy. 3 Out."

+ + +

As Mal'Caor landed she could see the Gue'la searching amidst his own dead, probably for ammo or equipment. His uniform is like that of the other (dead) Gue'la soldiers encountered: A grey uniform with a black striped pattern running across it. He also wears the heavy armour and boots, a black helmet with face mask, a red eye, glowering menacing and a bulky back pack filled with gear. By zooming in with the artificial eye she could see that his left arm had a metal badge of a skull impaled by a knife and a red three under it. "The third?" She ventured as she stepped forward, standing besides the trooper. He looks up at the lens for a moment, possible thinking of his options.

+ + +

To be continued...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-23 13:17:36

The first two parts of an as of yet pretty scetchy story about the Inquisition and the Tau ganging up on beating a sleeping Necron force into submission. This was written while at work and at the doctor, so it's kinda rough. It should be getting a tad weirder lateron, seeing as I got a flu shot, and when I get the flu I always get weird dreams, which sometimes inspire me.

Inspirations for this current story:
- Last stand of the Firebrands
- Young allience, ancient enemies
- Aliens

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-23 17:45:59

Pretty good. And, of course, I'm in full support of weirdness.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-24 03:51:52

Perhaps I should point out that I am not in service of the Inquisition and that the main character featured here is a nameless anti-hero. Not me, somebody else mkay?

Besides, smoking is the least lethal way to die in the forty first millenium!

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-26 00:57:30

I think O'Brien lost it.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-26 09:53:23

Enough!

No more of this charade!

If you’re bored here’s a list of things to do instead of informing all of us:

1. Play a goddamn (And this is a strong word for me, seeing as I’m a semi atheist!) game! I don’t care which, just play!
2. Get a fricking job! This way you’ll have something to do for several hours.
3. Go over to some friends!
4. Maintain a journal, diary, memoirs or something along those lines!

Second, stop demanding me to post within a certain time limit! It’s pretty hard when I life in another fricking time zone!

Gah, I have strayed from the path...

My tanks have just received priority status. My precious ironclads have been collecting dust for way too long and so, they are receiving the repairs and repaints they need to fit in with the 13th. Even that crappy DA Rhino is doing something better for a change other then collecting dust.

After my tanks are done, my three platoons full of infantry and support weaponry will be restructured and painted to full standards.

Don’t expect me to return any time soon.

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-27 12:57:35

A quick note: a CPU is not a computer, it's part of the computer. At first it was funny, but now the tiny voice in my head starts to scream for murder. The CPU is the processor (like Pentium, AMD or Chaintech) and not the entire computer.

As a ICT intern I couldn't take it anymore...

That, and while it's only the afternoon across the Atlantic, over here it's almost time to go to bed. Thats why I abruptly left, I had sleeping to do.

Welp, back to the motorpool!

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-27 14:59:33

No comment whatsoever...

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-28 06:24:45

Well, most americans are fucking stupid. I know, because I live here.

Response to Warhammer 40.000 Crew 2003-10-30 13:18:22

DB says:

1. Needs shades
2. Bolter way too small
3. Shoulderpads and head in wrong proportions
4. Backpack is missing

Thats all, carry on

Warhammer 40.000 Crew

BBS Signature