00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mirenamak just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

more tablet work

2,555 Views | 29 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

more tablet work 2007-01-28 15:48:40

heres a few more little drawing i did on my tablet in my i.t lesson got some class mates to tell me an animal and i drew it heres one ill post more soon

more tablet work

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 15:51:50

...and here is another

more tablet work

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 15:53:54

thanks for the 7/10 mtanarchy and here is the last one constructive criticism will help me for future drawings ty

more tablet work

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 17:28:19

constructive criticism would be appreciated...thanks

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 17:33:24

pretty...

<<<Sig>>>

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 17:35:36

lol random but....thanks

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 17:40:36

At 1/28/07 05:35 PM, pheionix2 wrote: lol random but....thanks

your artwork is very nice. I like the coloring, and the slightly darker outline, as well as the contour.

8/10

nice job

<<<Sig>>>

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 17:43:17

thanks a lot ....pretty....

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 19:35:19

Those are quite nice actually.

Taste the rainbow.

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-28 21:31:31

At 1/28/07 05:43 PM, pheionix2 wrote: thanks a lot ....pretty....

aren't you glad I gave a more detailed review?

<<<Sig>>>

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 00:54:46

At 1/28/07 09:47 PM, JunkyCow wrote:
At 1/28/07 03:48 PM, pheionix2 wrote: heres a few more little drawing i did on my tablet in my i.t lesson got some class mates to tell me an animal and i drew it heres one ill post more soon
THEFTER! you have stolen my yellow blocks!

indeed he has also i think the pictures are extremely similar to frozensheeps style

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 01:06:50

Haha, this thread is bursting full of irony, the creator of the thread stole his style from JunkyCow, and JunkyCow stole his style from synj, rofl.

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 02:12:04

whats a tablet?....is it a pen for a mouse?....where can i get one?......my wrist hurrts from this mouse......yeah

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 03:41:01

At 1/29/07 01:30 AM, squeakytoad wrote: Ok, so the yellow blocks are a little too much of a rip-off.
However, this whole "style theft" thing is garbage.

Hell, my red-shirt dude is taken from the first time I saw danielpoznan post in the Green Shirt thread.

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 04:26:00

At 1/29/07 01:30 AM, squeakytoad wrote:
Agreed, you should try your best to be original in your work, but there are thousands of people with art exactly like Dan Paladin. And there were thousands before him with art like that. He doesn't "own" the style.

Precisely!

one word post lewlz

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 08:21:48

I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking that this particular “style” is seriously overdone, and having a hundred people running around using it will probably reflect badly on the original artist.

"Such is life..."

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 08:37:39

The pictures are nice. I especially like the one with the lizard.

But, yeah, the style is extremely overused. I'm getting bored of it...

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 09:12:41

At 1/29/07 08:32 AM, squeakytoad wrote: Who's the original artist? Certainly not Dan Paladin. Just cause he used the style in a ton of popular animations and games hardly makes it his. It's a very simple style that has been circulating for quite some time.
Not only is it incredibly easy to draw while still looking great, but its simplicity makes it perfect for smooth fbf animation.

Okay, I’ll recognize the fact that it’s good when it comes to animating FBF while maintaining an all right appearance, and the fact that it’s so generic and simple means that no artist can really claim it. But if anything, these points make it all the worse somebody uses it.

"Such is life..."

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 15:54:52

Noone owns a style there will always be someone who drew like that before, or who draws similair, i been drawing in this style for a long time the yellow blocks are taken but not copywrighted so i can use them but they werent the main attraction junky cow dont post pics in my thread i post MY pics in MY thread stick to your own.

First person i know to make this style known is dan paladin, wouldnt be suprised if there are others before him who drew like this. Yes this style is a bit overdone but please people look at my drawings for what I have done, nobody else drew those particular pictures, i did so rate my art.

Many people draw in many styles, and admit it dont any of you other people try other styles on newgrounds just to have fun with it or to widen your talent?

Thanks people who gave constructive criticism and/or comments on my work i appreciate it, those who havent its okay what you wrote was contributing to what others said.

Squeakytoad u made a big point with what you wrote you have the frame of mind everyone else should have instead of just blurting out random, sort of, offensive things

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 17:39:45

hahaha =P

more tablet work

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 19:14:32

I don't want to jump into this argument, but I think no one is stealing anyone's style. Sure they may look a LOT like JunkyCow's, but where did JunkyCow get that art style? Exactly, the same as everyone. From DanPaladin.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-29 19:38:59

At 1/29/07 08:21 AM, EkkieBurt wrote: I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking that this particular “style” is seriously overdone, and having a hundred people running around using it will probably reflect badly on the original artist.

agreed just click my sig for shits and giggles

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-30 08:10:06

I TOLD U ALL LOL LETS BE FRIENDS!!!!!! =P

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-30 08:40:34

how can you steal four lines that happen to make a yellow square?

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-30 10:19:40

At 1/30/07 08:40 AM, fuzz wrote: how can you steal four lines that happen to make a yellow square?

you just do,...any more questions,.....and yeah

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-30 10:36:07

At 1/30/07 10:32 AM, squeakytoad wrote: This is my original work:

Screw you, Namco developers and licensed owners, it's only three lines that happen to make a circle with a mouth.

lmao,...nice and original man nice

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-30 10:39:27

Please come up with something new already. I can see why you would get limited by flash when you make a game or a movie, but this is ART! Theres thousands of different ways to draw, yet you end up with the exact same things as somebody else has done before.
And does it matter who has done it before? Not to me, because I couldn't care less. The only thing that bothers me is that you use the exact same style and the exact same characters as somebody before.

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-30 12:36:07

yeh yeh i get you people are going, but still they were jts in the background i didnt know what to do. I aint getting no bad reputation for myself im just posting art that I drew but nywayz say as you wish im just happy SOME people actually posted some constructive criticism instead of being dicks

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-30 12:41:47

At 1/30/07 12:36 PM, pheionix2 wrote: yeh yeh i get you people are going, but still they were jts in the background i didnt know what to do. I aint getting no bad reputation for myself im just posting art that I drew but nywayz say as you wish im just happy SOME people actually posted some constructive criticism instead of being dicks

Well, excuuuuse me, sir for being a "dick". We're not being dicks, we're just having a conversation. No one said "OMG YU SUX BICUS IY JUNK KAW''''S STEYK!!!111"

I personally like the feel of this style. I'm just saying that it's overused.

What to do when you've drawn Junky Cow's charecters in the background? Erase them!

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to more tablet work 2007-01-30 14:14:07

sorry bout last message mood=bad just had mock gcse's thanks cypress the style cant be stolen it is drawn lately ive been trying to move away from this style but i really like the look of the simple line mouth and two dots for eyes bit dunno why i just do maybe cos its simple same with colours i do very detailed pencil drawings as cypress pointed out which is hard to post cos of quality of pics i dont have a digicam or scanner so im screwed ill find a way of posting them up.....to tell the truth when i do flash its a break from pencil work. Well thanks everyone you have inspired me to move on because my pictures arent going to be remembered if there in this style and ill always get hassle im going to work on making a whole new style or make changes to this one ill have more pictures in the near future posted on BBS