Be a Supporter!
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 01:02 PM Reply

Do you also plan to update the Portal Guard? It stopped working for me some time before the redesign, and I really miss that neat litle program...

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 15th, 2012 @ 09:29 PM Reply

At 10 hours ago, Knuckstrike wrote: This is also still a glitch:

Yes, I am aware of that one. This is due to the fact that the old set of icons were individual JPGs and easy to pass into Flash programs as data, but now all the freakin' icons are stored on one big honkin' PNG and they use CSS to show only part of it. This has made icon image management a pain in the butt...however, I am working on getting those sorted out.

At 10 hours ago, SCTE3 wrote: Hmm, looking great and still seeing it needs a couple of more updates.

Instead of Audiophile it says Aile, not sure if it's an error or not. Also same as the last update, it shows me going to the final B/P rank with nothing in that little box to the right. Then again the B/P ranking still needs fixing on here since everyone except newcomers are shown having the B/P rank below the one they currently have.

This is due to the Aura field needing to be extended in the database. It originally was only 8 characters (good, evil, dark, light, neutral, mod) so some string "cleanup" routines are truncating the values. That's on my list of things to clean up.

Looking forward to seeing the NG Logs updated a little more.

Yes, as am I.

At 17 hours ago, Bahamut wrote: The level icons on the site are looking sweet. However, I have noticed it doesn't pick up mod auras. I'll have to see how it goes with my next EXP update.

Hmm.... I gotta check into that myself. I think I know why - I am using Level + Aura to generate the icon, and not looking at the extra "mod" code in the "level-nn-ccc" key. I have to add another field to the database to store the extended key as well.

At 8 hours ago, Haggard wrote: Do you also plan to update the Portal Guard? It stopped working for me some time before the redesign, and I really miss that neat litle program...

Well, actually, that had crossed my mind. I was planning on taking the Stat pulling program and simplifying it to scan the Under Judgement pages for new entries. Maybe toss in a few parameters so you can fine tune it to your liking...yes, I think that can be arranged...

I appreciate the feedback on the site, and I will be cleaning things up over the next few weeks. Thanks for the input!

Proud member of the EGB |-Barracks Info-|-EGB BBS-|-EGB Website-|

BBS Signature
SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Filmmaker
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 12:30 AM Reply

Hopefully this is the right place to put this, but I just logged my stats a few minutes ago, and noticed that I'm listed in the Medal Ranks section at #1718 even though I have 107,210 points (I think I was at #11 yesterday when I logged). Maybe that's due to the points I got since the last update?

I'm not freaking out over it or anything, just wanted to bring it to those in charge's attention if its a glitch that others have experienced as well.

Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 05:04 AM Reply

At 4 hours ago, SFS1313 wrote: Hopefully this is the right place to put this, but I just logged my stats a few minutes ago, and noticed that I'm listed in the Medal Ranks section at #1718 even though I have 107,210 points (I think I was at #11 yesterday when I logged). Maybe that's due to the points I got since the last update?

I just had a look in "My Medal History" and it tells me I have 1 medal and 22 points. Strangely enough, the amount of Games I earned medals from has gone up from 160 to 162. So, there really seems to be an error somewhere.

Those are my last logs:
Log Date - Games - Medals - Points
02/17/12 - 162 - 1 - 22
02/16/12 - 160 - 1 - 22
02/14/12 - 154 - 1107 - 20935

On 14th February everything was all right, on the 16th something happened (or maybe on the 15th, but I haven't logged on that day).

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

k6ka
k6ka
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 07:38 AM Reply

Get users to create passwords on their accounts, because there used to be a feature that sent you an e-mail whenever you logged your stats, but it was removed due to the fact anybody can enter the account.

byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 09:21 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, k6ka wrote: Get users to create passwords on their accounts, because there used to be a feature that sent you an e-mail whenever you logged your stats, but it was removed due to the fact anybody can enter the account.

NGLogs used to have passwords a long time ago, but it became a real hassle to manage user accounts when people forgot passwords or had issues with them. Casualty (the original programmer) felt that since the NGLogs site was just for stat viewing, it didn't really matter if you had a password or not. If someone wanted to log the stats for someone else, it would do no harm.

As for e-mail notifications - if you think about it, it's kind of redundant - if you are logging your stats, you already did it, so why do you need an e-mail telling you just did? And if someone else logged your stats, there's nothing you can do about it. It's just stats, plain and simple.

So, no, there won't be passwords and the e-mail will most likely be removed in the next version.

At 4 hours ago, Haggard wrote:
At 4 hours ago, SFS1313 wrote: Hopefully this is the right place to put this, but I just logged my stats a few minutes ago, and noticed that I'm listed in the Medal Ranks section at #1718 even though I have 107,210 points (I think I was at #11 yesterday when I logged). Maybe that's due to the points I got since the last update?
I just had a look in "My Medal History" and it tells me I have 1 medal and 22 points. Strangely enough, the amount of Games I earned medals from has gone up from 160 to 162. So, there really seems to be an error somewhere.

Those are my last logs:
Log Date - Games - Medals - Points
02/17/12 - 162 - 1 - 22
02/16/12 - 160 - 1 - 22
02/14/12 - 154 - 1107 - 20935

On 14th February everything was all right, on the 16th something happened (or maybe on the 15th, but I haven't logged on that day).

The stat program reads the medals from the Newgrounds stat screens for each user. I know for a fact that Tom and crew are sorting out some issues with medal counts, points and reporting. I will keep an eye on it, but for now we need to be a bit patient as they work out reporting kinks on their end. Once the medal stat pages on Newgrounds works correctly ALL THE TIME then I will verify the code here to make sure all the right values come across.

At 8 hours ago, SFS1313 wrote: Hopefully this is the right place to put this, but I just logged my stats a few minutes ago, and noticed that I'm listed in the Medal Ranks section at #1718 even though I have 107,210 points (I think I was at #11 yesterday when I logged). Maybe that's due to the points I got since the last update?

I'm not freaking out over it or anything, just wanted to bring it to those in charge's attention if its a glitch that others have experienced as well.

There are a few things here to consider: (1) see the note above about NG Medal reporting. That can mess things up. (2) Not all users who play medal games log their stats here (it's voluntary by user) so you are only being ranked against those users who log stats, and (3) if someone who has played a lot of medal games had never logged stats before and now just started, that new number can throw off the list because they weren't on the rankings yesterday.

However, as before, I will keep an eye on things, and once Newgrounds settles in with correct data, I will verify that the NGLogs site is as accurate as possible.

Thank you all for the feedback!

BBS Signature
SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Filmmaker
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 17th, 2012 @ 11:24 AM Reply

At 1 hour ago, byteslinger wrote: There are a few things here to consider: (1) see the note above about NG Medal reporting. That can mess things up. (2) Not all users who play medal games log their stats here (it's voluntary by user) so you are only being ranked against those users who log stats, and (3) if someone who has played a lot of medal games had never logged stats before and now just started, that new number can throw off the list because they weren't on the rankings yesterday.

However, as before, I will keep an eye on things, and once Newgrounds settles in with correct data, I will verify that the NGLogs site is as accurate as possible.

Thanks for the reply, Byteslinger. I just wanted to bring it to your attention in case you were unaware, so it's no biggie or anything. I'm sure Tom (as well as yourself) have enough problems trying to debug everything else, so I'll be patient. :)

Thanks again.

Soapbubble
Soapbubble
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Audiophile
Response to NG Log Ideas Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 01:54 AM Reply

Don't think this has been mentioned:

For the last week or so, ever since I reached 20k total stats, the page has showed that as an achievement after I log. It's still there, even though I reached 20k long time ago.

Simply says "You passed 20000 Total Points. Bodacious!" on the page. If you need a pic I'll do a print screen for you, but it's really just the achievement that wont go away.

AFK

byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to NG Log Ideas Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 06:56 AM Reply

At 5 hours ago, Soapbubble wrote: Don't think this has been mentioned:

For the last week or so, ever since I reached 20k total stats, the page has showed that as an achievement after I log. It's still there, even though I reached 20k long time ago.

Simply says "You passed 20000 Total Points. Bodacious!" on the page. If you need a pic I'll do a print screen for you, but it's really just the achievement that wont go away.

Hmmm... That is odd. I will log into your account and check your database records to see if something got hung up in a record. It sounds like a minor data glitch, and I will look into it ASAP. Sorry about that.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 11:08 AM Reply

At 4 hours ago, byteslinger wrote:
Hmmm... That is odd. I will log into your account and check your database records to see if something got hung up in a record. It sounds like a minor data glitch, and I will look into it ASAP. Sorry about that.

I'd say it's just a minor glitch as it kept telling me the same thing for awhile after I got 60k total points.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to NG Log Ideas Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 12:26 PM Reply

At 1 hour ago, SCTE3 wrote:
At 4 hours ago, byteslinger wrote:
I'd say it's just a minor glitch as it kept telling me the same thing for awhile after I got 60k total points.

Yes, it's a minor bug. Every time you reach another 10k of total stats, the level up message appears for quite some time. But eventually it will disappear.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to NG Log Ideas Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 02:57 PM Reply

At 2 weeks ago, byteslinger wrote:
At 17 hours ago, Bahamut wrote: The level icons on the site are looking sweet. However, I have noticed it doesn't pick up mod auras. I'll have to see how it goes with my next EXP update.
Hmm.... I gotta check into that myself. I think I know why - I am using Level + Aura to generate the icon, and not looking at the extra "mod" code in the "level-nn-ccc" key. I have to add another field to the database to store the extended key as well.

I thought I'd give you a buzz in this thread regarding the wrong icons showing up on NG Log pages. Users with Movie Buff aura are coming up with mod colour which is rather odd.

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to NG Log Ideas Mar. 3rd, 2012 @ 09:26 PM Reply

At 6 hours ago, Bahamut wrote:
At 2 weeks ago, byteslinger wrote:
I thought I'd give you a buzz in this thread regarding the wrong icons showing up on NG Log pages. Users with Movie Buff aura are coming up with mod colour which is rather odd.

Yes, it's all related to the extraction code I'm using - once I figure out why it's screwing up and get it fixed, it'll be right throughout the site.

AND....

If you feel adventurous check out the Portal Guard 3 Beta. Workable, but still some polishing needed. Feel free to download and PM me with your experiences. Thanks!

BBS Signature
VicariousE
VicariousE
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Mar. 26th, 2012 @ 03:27 AM Reply

I have a question about the messages that appear stating rank positions and occasional spell check notifications(?).... I got one recently saying 6 of my reviews have been translated into Russian (Cyrillic)! It's just a joke, right? How much arcane knowledge does NG actually possess on our profiles?
Thanks for your service to the NG whoring community, ByteSlinger :3

Now building Vault 101, reverse engineered from yesterdays technology.

BBS Signature
byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to NG Log Ideas Apr. 19th, 2012 @ 04:25 PM Reply

At 3/26/12 03:27 AM, VicariousE wrote: I have a question about the messages that appear stating rank positions and occasional spell check notifications(?).... I got one recently saying 6 of my reviews have been translated into Russian (Cyrillic)! It's just a joke, right? How much arcane knowledge does NG actually possess on our profiles?
Thanks for your service to the NG whoring community, ByteSlinger :3

Of course! These bogus status messages were put in for shits and grins. Don't take them seriously - especially about he bank errors in your favor!

IN OTHER NEWS:

Those of you using Portal Guard 3 may be getting an "overflow 6" error - SpiffyMasta brought this to my attention, and I had to patch up the code (something to do with the page header on the UJ screen being longer than 32K) - Please download PG3 Ver. 1.01 from the PG3 site: http://www.wkrconcepts.com/pg3

BBS Signature
ATICE
ATICE
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Game Developer
Response to NG Log Ideas Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 02:43 PM Reply

It's probably been suggested a million times, so I'm just going to say +1 to having a friend's list on here. Also having that friend's list show up when you're creating a new message. That would be solid gold. ;D

"Why did you involve us!?" -Watson

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Jun. 30th, 2012 @ 02:48 PM Reply

At 6/30/12 02:43 PM, ATICE wrote: It's probably been suggested a million times, so I'm just going to say +1 to having a friend's list on here. Also having that friend's list show up when you're creating a new message. That would be solid gold. ;D

Uhm... this is for NG Logs. Although a friend list would be nice here on Newgrounds, I feel we already have that for the inbox, you have a contacts list which for me is close enough to having a friend list here.

<3//Request a Review//Review Request Club // #9 Reviewer // #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to NG Log Ideas Aug. 9th, 2012 @ 03:26 AM Reply

Nglogs seem to think I've been on Newgrounds for 42 years.

NG Log Ideas

Archonic
Archonic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 21
Audiophile
Response to NG Log Ideas Sep. 8th, 2012 @ 01:49 PM Reply

This is what appears for me on the rankings page.

The list still appears farther down, but let's just say it's horribly incorrect.

NG Log Ideas

satanbrain is always wrong
EGB || Bat Crew || Sig by EmmaVolt

BBS Signature
Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to NG Log Ideas Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 12:15 PM Reply

add Flash, Audio, Art score Averages.

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 12:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: add Flash, Audio, Art score Averages.

I would like to see this added as well.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

Tony-DarkGrave
Tony-DarkGrave
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Programmer
Response to NG Log Ideas Sep. 19th, 2012 @ 06:58 PM Reply

At 9/19/12 03:26 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 9/19/12 12:15 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: add Flash, Audio, Art score Averages.
I would like to see this added as well.

I know then you can know if your getting your shit bumped up or BOMBED DOWN.

AC130
AC130
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NG Log Ideas Oct. 14th, 2012 @ 11:55 AM Reply

Dr. StongBad! I want Super Mario 63 to load for me!

LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 44
Reader
Response to NG Log Ideas Jan. 13th, 2013 @ 07:31 PM Reply

Has it been extremely slow for anyone? It's been really really slow for me the last day or two.

Chrausner
Chrausner
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Musician
Response to NG Log Ideas Feb. 12th, 2013 @ 12:25 AM Reply

When will the aura color of the Writer & Reader auras be implemented into NG Logs? They appear as Green on NG Logs.

| Level 23 | Captain | Deity Whistle | DnB Producer
MLP: FiM Crew - Elite Guard Barracks - AF Lounge
Be my friend and you'll receive a cookie. ^____^

BBS Signature