AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 09:46 AM Reply

Hi there fellow newgrounders,

almightyhans, creator of ANIMATION INVASION and the CLATOMIC series here with an announcement:

technical preferances:

-28 fps
-450x300 screen size
-WHITE background

about the project:

The "Valentine '29" collab is about Al Capone's St. Valentines Day Massacre that took place in Chicago 1929. In this collab we will reinact the massacre by spliting it into 4 scenes.

the first scene, wich includes the phone call from capone in Miami to Chicago, and the looking out for "Bugs" Moran (Capone's rival) entering the garage to kill him. and finally, the spotting of "Bugs" Moran and the plan to kill "Bugs" Moran getting into action.
(animated by me, Hans Van Harken a.k.a. almightyhans) almightyhans@hotmail.com

the second consists of the action in the plan. the initial plan was for 4 Capone gang members dressing up as police men, well 2 as police men and 2 as casual clothes, come out of a police car . 2 carried a shot gun, and 2 carried thomsons. they walked in as police men into the garage and demanded them to place their hands on the wall in a row, they did, following the "law". amd when they did, the fake police and casually dressed guys fired over and over at them and even fired more when their bodies were on the ground until they stopped twitching.
(animator: available)

(The 3rd scene is shorter, for those animators who would like to participate but not do so much :P)
This scene the 4 guys escape after killing off the men into their polce car and drive away. Pedestrians around watch confused. The four men completed the job of keeping their identities secret, but the initial plan was no succsses, "Bugs" Moran was still alive and had not been present in the massacre.

When the real police arrived, they discovered a carnage not seen since the beginnings of the Jazz Age. Witnesses appeared confused. They couldn't distinguish at what point the police arrived and departed. In fact, they ended up not seeing anyone except the police. The seeds of confusions and conflicting accounts was to lead to a very difficult investigation.

------

last facts:

in this collab, i would preferr to be more on the seriouse side, i'm half finished with my part and really tried to make it cinematic and dramatic. i't would be nice if this focus on the story can continue throughout the collab parts. i'm looking for the best quality material each animator can give newgrounds. i'll be especially pickyy choosing the animator who decides to make the massacre scene, because i imagine that will be most people first choice.

so that none of you think i'm just a noo who makes crappy stuff, i'd like to show you a preview of what i got so far... hopefully this will get you inpired or provide you with an idea of what this collab might look like:

http://img246.imageshack.us/my.php?image=capo ne18rd.swf

if you want to be in this collab, it would make things easier if you had MSN Messenger that way we can keep in touch, do group convorsations and communicate much easier.

-if you want to apply, write your first and last name, NG name, email, and the part you like-

Hans Van Harken
a.k.a. almightyhans

(www.hansanity.vanharken.com)

BBS Signature
Mogly
Mogly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 10:01 AM Reply

I really like the sound of this. Defiently like the idea of splitting the parts like that, should come out good.

I'd like part 3.. although I dunno at the moment, feel a bit hesitant that I may or may not get it finished.

I imagine pat 3 as a bit of a car chase, but I wouldn't want to bend the truth.

Yeah, so put my down as a maybe on 3. If there's not much more intrest for it and i'm still up for it i'm in.

WEBSITE
BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~
NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 10:58 AM Reply

sure ill take a part

None

Acerbic
Acerbic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 10:59 AM Reply

Wah hey, Can't wait to see the finished piece. ^_^

AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:02 AM Reply

At 1/20/07 10:58 AM, Luis wrote: sure ill take a part

can you and Mogly add your full names, and email please? and please type in what part you'd like?

BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:23 AM Reply

At 1/20/07 11:02 AM, almightyhans wrote:
At 1/20/07 10:58 AM, Luis wrote: sure ill take a part
can you and Mogly add your full names, and email please? and please type in what part you'd like?

never mind, and yes, Luis you're 100% on board of this project :)

BBS Signature
Theaccumelator
Theaccumelator
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 02:49 PM Reply

pm me please

fenix
fenix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 05:58 PM Reply

i might be in for part 4

i love violence :)

Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 06:17 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 11:23 AM, almightyhans wrote: never mind, and yes, Luis you're 100% on board of this project :)

Don't count on him staying with it. ;-)

:U

AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 07:35 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 06:17 PM, Masterswordman wrote:
At 1/20/07 11:23 AM, almightyhans wrote: never mind, and yes, Luis you're 100% on board of this project :)
Don't count on him staying with it. ;-)

hehe... why do you say that? :S

BBS Signature
BritishMoose
BritishMoose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 08:24 PM Reply

You are an amazing animator.

Never forget...

BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:16 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 08:24 PM, BritishMoose wrote: You are an amazing animator.

why thanks! i'm extremely grateful. i hope to attract more good animators to bring out the best for this collab...

BBS Signature
Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:18 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 07:35 PM, almightyhans wrote: hehe... why do you say that? :S

He never finishes parts for collabs. At least, nowadays. But you never know, he could come through for this one!

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:24 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 11:18 PM, Masterswordman wrote:
At 1/20/07 07:35 PM, almightyhans wrote: hehe... why do you say that? :S
He never finishes parts for collabs. At least, nowadays. But you never know, he could come through for this one!

FUCK YOU. im gonna prove you wrong just for that. Im waging a jihad against you.

None

Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:33 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 11:24 PM, Luis wrote: FUCK YOU. im gonna prove you wrong just for that. Im waging a jihad against you.

Hey, I said you could come through. No need to be offensive.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:36 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 11:33 PM, Masterswordman wrote:
At 1/20/07 11:24 PM, Luis wrote: FUCK YOU. im gonna prove you wrong just for that. Im waging a jihad against you.

you hate me. im so mad at you.

None

Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 11:36 PM, Luis wrote: you hate me. im so mad at you.

I don't hate you. You make me feel sad. :'-(

Mogly
Mogly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 20th, 2007 @ 11:44 PM Reply

At 1/20/07 11:38 PM, Masterswordman wrote:
At 1/20/07 11:36 PM, Luis wrote: you hate me. im so mad at you.
I don't hate you. You make me feel sad. :'-(

" i hate that fucking kid"

:'( <cry> indeed.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 12:34 AM Reply

haha bit of a fight we devoped now didnt we? :P no need to worry. everythings cool. now, Mogly can i have your msn messenger email if you got one? i'd like to talk about the project

BBS Signature
Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 12:40 AM Reply

Relating more to the collab,

I'm not sure if I can do a part. Mainly because I don't know if i'm good enough to do it. I'm also not good at voice acting. But I really do want to do this.

AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 12:47 AM Reply

At 1/21/07 12:40 AM, Masterswordman wrote: Relating more to the collab,

I'm not sure if I can do a part. Mainly because I don't know if i'm good enough to do it. I'm also not good at voice acting. But I really do want to do this.

if your good enough at animating i'll do voice acting
lets chat on msn and discuss it further

BBS Signature
Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 01:06 AM Reply

At 1/20/07 11:33 PM, Masterswordman wrote:

you hate me. im so mad at you.

None

AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 07:41 AM Reply

Alright, i got updates now...

scenes taken:

Scene1: Hans Van Harken (a.k.a. almightyhans)
Scene2: Luis
Scene3: (so far) Mogly
Scene4: (available)

BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 08:36 AM Reply

i got some updates, i'm splitting the first scene into 2, the scene with the phonecall and then the gangsters on the lookout for "Bugs" Moran will be spit in 2, this is the new setup:

Scene1: "The Phonecall" (Hans Van Harken)
Scene2: "The Look Out" (available)
Scene3: "The Massacre" (Luis)
Scene4: "The Escape" (Mogly [so far])
Scene5: "The Scene of the Crime" (available)

the lookout scene can be fun, this is where different gnangsters are stationed a each corner to warn "Bug's" Moran's approach, i thought maybe (of course its up to the animator) to have 2 sarcasting italian guys on the lookout, this is where some nice comic relief can come in. but i dunno just suggesting.

anyways thats our update, so now its a 5 artist collab.

BBS Signature
AlmightyHans
AlmightyHans
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Filmmaker
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 11:42 AM Reply

EVERYONE, THIS COLLAB HAS BEEN MOVED TO HERE:

http://ngcollabs.galacti.com/bbs/viewtopic.ph p?p=40802#40802

BBS Signature
Mogly
Mogly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Animator
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 11:54 AM Reply

At 1/21/07 11:42 AM, almightyhans wrote: EVERYONE, THIS COLLAB HAS BEEN MOVED TO HERE:

Haha why it's here already.

Sorry about forgetting to give my MSN. Mogly8 (at) Gmail.com is my MSN/Email.

I was just thinking how that second part would be cool. Although, I can imagine it in the style of your peice as it is. You are good with handling swift cuts and swipes.

WEBSITE

BBS Signature
Meebs
Meebs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Artist
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 21st, 2007 @ 09:51 PM Reply

Just in case someone tries to claim it here, I'll take the last part.

I posted some concept art in the other thread to kind of show a rough draft of some kind of stuff I would be doing.

..::Flash For Breakfast::....::Indie::...::Albino Cop::....::Epic Riffs::..

BBS Signature
Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Artist
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 22nd, 2007 @ 10:03 PM Reply

I have no MSN. I always have to say that a lot to everyone. I'll think more on it.

El-Presidente
El-Presidente
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to St. Valentine's Day Massacre Collab Jan. 22nd, 2007 @ 10:11 PM Reply

By the way for all of you. The NGCollabs one says that there were six people, but there were actually seven. There were 6 mobsters and 1 doctor.

MY E-PENIS IS BIGGER THAN YOURS
8=================================>
...and this is my fag...

BBS Signature