Respond to this Topic
notorious
notorious
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 18th, 2007 @ 08:24 PM Reply

"Super Columbine Massacre RPG!" Has to be the funniest name for a video game i've ever seen. I GOTTA get my hands on this one.

ramagi
ramagi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 18th, 2007 @ 08:32 PM Reply

ah drama likes to show up everywhere, that is for sure.
only cause people a longer wait on seeing the game.
ah well, whats a few more months.

aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 18th, 2007 @ 08:32 PM Reply

At 1/18/07 08:24 PM, notorious wrote: "Super Columbine Massacre RPG!" Has to be the funniest name for a video game i've ever seen. I GOTTA get my hands on this one.

happy birthday scroll down or click on a button there should be a link to download it

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
BoMToons
BoMToons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Game Developer
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 18th, 2007 @ 09:19 PM Reply

Sorry to hear it. We'll find a way to meet up anyway...it is our destiny.

Luis
Luis
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 18th, 2007 @ 09:52 PM Reply

my birthday is tmrw if you arent going to slamdance come to my birthday party. There will be cupcakes.

None

UberBarista
UberBarista
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Gamer
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 18th, 2007 @ 10:33 PM Reply

At 1/18/07 09:52 PM, Luis wrote: my birthday is tmrw if you arent going to slamdance come to my birthday party. There will be cupcakes.

Are they jizz covered cupcakes?

Luis
Luis
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 18th, 2007 @ 10:45 PM Reply

At 1/18/07 10:33 PM, UberBarista wrote:
At 1/18/07 09:52 PM, Luis wrote: my birthday is tmrw if you arent going to slamdance come to my birthday party. There will be cupcakes.

not yet. puberty is one more year away.

None

Sanity-of-Insanity
Sanity-of-Insanity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Artist
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 18th, 2007 @ 11:38 PM Reply

At 1/18/07 10:45 PM, Luis wrote:

And how old are you?

BBS Signature
TailsPrower
TailsPrower
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 17
Voice Actor
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 12:33 AM Reply

Have you been to Chicago before, Tom?

Everywhere I go, there's a sergeant there.

BBS Signature
iscrulz
iscrulz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 12:36 AM Reply

thats tough luck for the SLAMDANCE

£5 man slut for hire. Inquire within

Wi/Ht? #45

BBS Signature
MadCow
MadCow
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 1/18/07 11:38 PM, Sanity-of-Insanity wrote:
At 1/18/07 10:45 PM, Luis wrote:
And how old are you?

Luis recently turned 14, dude.
Didn't you see the topic? I guess it's kinda a big deal because he's NG's youngest mod to date, that's why he always makes jokes like that: link

REAL TALK: you better go get a glass of orange juice & spill it all over yourself likea big dumb baby before i tear through your hymen like a dog tears through a piece of meat

BBS Signature
someone-else
someone-else
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 03:18 AM Reply

At 1/18/07 04:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: Sorry for the late notice to anyone in Park City, but we've decided to withdraw Castle Crashers from Slamdance, due to all the ongoing drama and a general feeling that it just isn't worth the trip at this point. The biggest bummer is that I was hoping to hang out with Luis and BoMToons, but Luis cancelled his flight already for similar reasons, so I'll just have to catch up with them later. Maybe Comic-Con in July???

The good news is that I've won back six days to WORK... YAY!

Our next official preview of Castle Crashers will be at the Independent Games Festival this March, in San Francisco.

IMO, this was a trainwreck from the beginning. First, let's acknowledge that the game itself is controversal. Now with the submission of the game, there's two things that could happen.

1. Keep the game on the list, and get criticism from victims family and friends.
2. Remove the game on the list, and get criticism from other finalist.

Either or, the end result would be disastrous. Legally it would be the correct decision, since removing the game will prevent lawsuits from other parties. Morally, it was the wrong decision, since the whole purpose of Slamdance was to honor independent games.

No matter which choice they choose, they would simply end up at the same place, with criticism.

int experience, posts;
while(experience/10 >= posts)
{posts++};

McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 04:32 AM Reply

At 1/18/07 04:13 PM, Strength wrote: Yay!

Did you even read the post?

Im sorry that everyone decided to leave slamdance for that very reason.
Boo to censorship.

BBS Signature
McPaper
McPaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Programmer
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 04:34 AM Reply

At 1/18/07 04:22 PM, MadCow wrote: From what I understand: You guys are against a competition that withdrew a game about the Columbine Massacre? Wtf is wrong with you retards? That's the most fucked up shit I've ever heard. I'm actually familiar with that game, but that doesn't make it right.

Im sure you don't know what newgrounds use to stand for in its underground days. It would make stuff like this most of the time and it would get in even more trouble.

Sometimes I wish it was back in the underground.

BBS Signature
homor
homor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Gamer
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 06:03 AM Reply

well now you can get the damn layout faster, wihch i may remn that ISNT HERE YET. WHERE IS IT TOM!? I'VE BEEN WAITING SENCE FUCKING APRIL! YOU HAVE FIVE SECONDS AFTER YOUR SIX DAYS OF WORK MAN, YOU HERE ME!?! I'VE BEEN WAIT WAY TO DAMN LONG!

"Guns don't kill people, the government does."
- Dale Gribble
Please do not contact Homor to get your message added to this sig, there is no more room.

BBS Signature
Radioactive24
Radioactive24
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 06:56 AM Reply

I'm glad to hear that you are supporting Lebonne and not standing for that ignrant shit the Slamdance guys got pushed into. I mean, it's been 7 years. I'm still fucking blown away, but... It's nice to see artists sticking together. I think it would be funny if all the contestants withdrew. I mean, it is a shame for you guys, but, I think everyone who's withdrawn did the right thing by fighting this unrightful censor ship. Good job Tom.

EviLDoG
EviLDoG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 08:12 AM Reply

At 1/19/07 04:34 AM, McPaper wrote: Im sure you don't know what newgrounds use to stand for in its underground days. It would make stuff like this most of the time and it would get in even more trouble.

Never this serious... children being murdered is a taboo subject anywhere you go. You rearely see it in horror movies and therefore where you play a game where you are killing children, that is a bit sick.

Newgrounds was mainly controversial for killing adult celebrities and infringing copyrights. Also club a seal got quite a few people pissed off.

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 08:46 AM Reply

At 1/18/07 04:12 PM, TomFulp wrote: Sorry for the late notice to anyone in Park City, but we've decided to withdraw Castle Crashers from Slamdance

Too bad. :(

The good news is that I've won back six days to WORK... YAY!

Although you had to withdraw from Slamdance, but those 6 days of work could be used to work on the redesign, yay!

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 08:57 AM Reply

At 1/18/07 07:36 PM, KupaMan wrote: To Luis, I'm sure there's more behind pulling Super Columbine than just money. Well, at least in the sense of making money.

In the defense of Slamdance - they were getting a ton of close community pressure and I believe legal pressure as well. I won't say it was all about the money because they probably could have found other sponsors. I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision for them and I'm sure there was a lot of in-fighting and debate surrounding it.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
TomFulp
TomFulp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 14
Game Developer
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 09:02 AM Reply

At 1/19/07 12:33 AM, TailsPrower wrote: Have you been to Chicago before, Tom?

Yeah, I've been to Chicago once... I went on a Segway ride and got a hot dog at that place where you can curse and yell at the staff. It was the most awesome thing ever.

This is the game JohnnyUtah and I have been working on.

BBS Signature
InsomniacOvrLrd
InsomniacOvrLrd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 09:06 AM Reply

...Castle Crashers isn't to be shown publicly again until March?! But...last I knew, AH: HD was supposed to come out around christmas...and Castle Crashers was to follow shortly after.

I guess I haven't been paying attention. Oh well. Either way, I can't wait for those games. Plus, with the XBLA game size limit being boosted to 250MB from it's original cap at 50MB, you should have no problem with fitting it all in there like you were before. Also, apparently the 'possibility exists' that if the need arises, that 250MB cap can be raised to a whopping 450MB...but I'm not sure what the process is.

Well, here's to hoping that they show up on XBLA sometime soon...ish...

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 09:16 AM Reply

It´s a shame it had to come to that... It´s too bad when "serious matters" gets mixed up with pleasures (games) and money in the middle of it screws things up.

Best thing woud of course be if they could have made up their mind before, and get straight with what they allow in the contest and what they won´t, pretty much like Newgrounds have been allowing all kinds of nasty controversy, feeding off of it but like Tom said loosing advertisers due to them ("illegal" and stolen submissions would e something different, of course).

I guess in the end it shows where your heart lies, and if you really burn for what you´re doing, and I definitley wanna say hands up for NG and the staff, who keeps pushing their own way despite what´s political and moraly correct etc.

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

B1LlYPL6C380
B1LlYPL6C380
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 11:40 AM Reply

Woopey, cant wait to see how this years comic com will turn old dude, tom fulp your god :)

These Are Not The Droids You Are Looking For.

BBS Signature
Dash-02
Dash-02
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 12:15 PM Reply

can I get castle crasher for free when it comes out?

Buoy
Buoy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Musician
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 02:20 PM Reply

At 1/18/07 04:13 PM, Strength wrote: Yay!

Worst first relpy since "I hope this is the first reply"

DanPaladin
DanPaladin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 02:23 PM Reply

@ InsomniacOvrLrd:

where have you heard about this XBLA 250 meg limit? i have heard nothing of this yet - links??

LTmatt
LTmatt
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 03:38 PM Reply

At 1/18/07 08:32 PM, aquaticmole wrote:
At 1/18/07 08:24 PM, notorious wrote: "Super Columbine Massacre RPG!" Has to be the funniest name for a video game i've ever seen. I GOTTA get my hands on this one.
happy birthday scroll down or click on a button there should be a link to download it

thats just sick

BBS Signature
FatherTime89
FatherTime89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 05:21 PM Reply

Super Columbine massacre should not have been pullede just because it was controversal, to all those who agree, newgrounds would not have been a fraction of what it was today if it weren't for the controversal content Fulp made at the beginning (Assassin mostly), Just because a bunch of epople are offended by the game doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered award-worthy, why just look at Grand theft auto it is one of the most single controversal video game series and yet it tops the charts in sales, has won numerous awards and is considered a revolutionary game. Where would be now if the godfather was not allowed to get an oscar because of violence, or if Tom sawyer, to kill a mocking bird and 1984 were all banned from pulitzers because they are controversal.

No other game i know of deals with columbine so this game deals with a event that most people don't like. It talks about issues games don't (and since games are one of many scapegoats for columbine the fact that it talks about it and has the title it does is ppretty gutsy).

Pyro
Pyro
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 05:50 PM Reply

At 1/19/07 05:21 PM, FatherTime89 wrote: stuff

The difference with all of those things are that they were good entertainment. SCMRPG! would be absolute crap if the story was different. What was the point of making it into a game if the actual GAMEPLAY sucked?

As I said before, I have not one ounce of sorrow or defense for the dumbass kids who shot up their school, but that alone would not make me hate the game.

Controversy + Crap content = Shit

Controversy + Entertainment = Gold

:)

BBS Signature
Bezman
Bezman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Slamdance Update Jan. 19th, 2007 @ 10:29 PM Reply

At 1/19/07 08:12 AM, EviLDoG wrote:
At 1/19/07 04:34 AM, McPaper wrote: Im sure you don't know what newgrounds use to stand for in its underground days. It would make stuff like this most of the time and it would get in even more trouble.
Never this serious... children being murdered is a taboo subject anywhere you go. You rearely see it in horror movies and therefore where you play a game where you are killing children, that is a bit sick.

Newgrounds was mainly controversial for killing adult celebrities and infringing copyrights. Also club a seal got quite a few people pissed off.

Erm... have you played "Pico's School"? You really should. Best Flash 3 game ever.

It may have been the first game based on the Culombine massacre. I dunno.