NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist Dec. 24th, 2009 @ 09:18 AM Reply

At 12/24/09 08:58 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/24/09 08:32 AM, NEVR wrote: I don't think I was sent a voting PM this time around :(
You were inactive in Wi/Ht? for a while around the time the latest election was held so no PM was sent out to you.

I might have appeared inactive, but I was actually still lurking and modding here. Obviously that's not up to par with my previous activity levels... but basically I was still around and could still have voted.

It's not a problem, but I do feel EXCLUDED. lol.

But yeah for future reference, I'm usually around more than I appear to be... there's just less opportunity to actually post in Wi/Ht? for me these days, what with all the new kids on the scene answering all the questions and taking all the glory ;P

Even at the very lowest end of my activity I'll still be around to check my PM's, so I'd appreciate if you kept sending them even if I seem inactive. If I need my status changed to inactive I'll let you know, but if anything my activity is increasing week by week at the moment.

BBS Signature
Coop
Coop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Writer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist Dec. 24th, 2009 @ 04:55 PM Reply

At 12/24/09 09:18 AM, NEVR wrote:
At 12/24/09 08:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: You were inactive in Wi/Ht? for a while around the time the latest election was held so no PM was sent out to you.
I might have appeared inactive, but I was actually still lurking and modding here.

Olly's back w00t!

It's not a problem, but I do feel EXCLUDED. lol.

Oh... right. *hastily places a mince pie on a plate*

Merry Xmas?

And a merry Xmas to all Wi/Hters!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey
News
#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist Jan. 6th, 2010 @ 11:47 PM Reply

At 12/24/09 04:55 PM, Coop83 wrote: Merry Xmas?

And a merry Xmas to all Wi/Hters!

And a happy 2010 to all WiHters as well!

I wished everyone one from my profile, but yeah... only Bahamut (and EKR, apparently) reads that. #;-}>

Gotta go pick up my honey from work, but I'll be back to catch up on this topic + VP + penta within an hour or so. I PROMISE. o_o

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!
a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist Jan. 7th, 2010 @ 03:25 AM Reply

At 12/22/09 08:34 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 12/14/09 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: 20:36 - gfox: shoulda let the vote go till 12/31.
20:36 - gfox: then they coulda had 01/01/2010 induction dates.
20:36 - gfox: you bastard, robbing them of that. ;_;
20:36 - Bahamut: haha
Hey, we had to let the 2000s go with a bang and I thought that was the best thing to do for this forum. However, maybe I could have introduced one new member in December and then another in January. Oh well, too late to think that. :P

That woulda been an acceptable compromise, yes.

I'm hoping Bahamut will be expanding it to 50 with the next update. Goddamned odd numbers of us!
That indeed works and three more members there shall be in the future.

Huzzah!

damn you for jumping the gun just 31 days early. You said you'd make this up to me in a few months, and I'll hold you to that, snagdabbit! #;-}>
Screw you. Whatever I say goes here. XP Well, unless you take my rights away to run the Member List elections just for saying that, lol.

Of course not. But still... you agreed to a date, albeit half a year in advance, to make it up to me... and I'm gonna hold you to that. #;-}>

And don't you start thinking I'll forget! I won't, yahearmeh?!

I remember iscrulz's social security number usernames. You got in trouble for that, actually, didntcha Izzy. #;-}>
Really now?

Yes. The NG fuzz came down pretty hard on him. BBS ban and possibly an admin-enforced namechange? Can't recall the details, but the point is that he was using social security #s as his username, and even though he was making them up randomly, they were obviously real people's numbers. Possibly dead people's, but those get reassigned eventually.... I think. Or will once we run out of combinations, at least. #;-}>

At 12/17/09 12:02 AM, absent wrote: "Current status: absent"

Damn straight.
I always suggested your status should have been marked as absent and I'm glad gfox finally took my suggestion.

I had forgotten it was your suggestion to begin with! All's well that ends well.

At 12/24/09 03:08 AM, reverend wrote:
At 12/3/09 04:54 PM, byteslinger wrote: Wow! I am honored to have been voted into the Wi/Ht? Member List. My thanks to all of you who voted me in - I do appreciate it! And, of course, congrats to reverend for also being voted in - I am certainly in good company!
Nah, I'm in good company.

NO, U! NO, ME!

At 12/14/09 09:25 PM, gfoxcook wrote: CONGRATS, REVEREND AND BYTESLINGER. Already congratted rev on his userpage, but byte's latest newspost is locked, so... I'll give her a 2nd one in a sec here. #;-}>
Thanks again.

Aye!

Pfft. Be proud of your lowercase username heritage, foo'!

You joined a long line of proud undercasemen and undercasewomen such as myself, ramagi... and... oh yeah, fixit, an undercasebot!... when you cemented that username with the redesign/username lockdown beforehand.
Heh, a username I ripped off a nickname of a college friend of mine. Yeah, very original of me. :P

Doesn't matter how original the name itself is (or not), I was just complimenting the lowercase r-ness of it all. My name was once GFOXCook in the early 90s because GFoxCook looked lame to me, and once services like Prodigy and AOL got standardised e-mails and I got on an actual ISP a year or two later, and then went to college... gfoxcook was just the way the e-mail addies went due to auto-lowercasing them back in those days. So...

I liked the way gfoxcook looked, and it stuck. Interesting logic behind yours being lower, BTW, but to me it doesn't matter why yours, ramagi's, fixit's, or mine is lowercase... the only important thing...

...is that they are. #;-}>

At 12/22/09 08:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: You best keep that lowercase r as it looks better. Lowercase b doesn't look good with my name so I have every right to have the capital B. Infact, I once tried using lowercase b but that didn't last long.
Yeah my name is more vague and I use it in a adjective sense. Yours on the other hand is a proper noun so it is better capitalized. Not like we could change them without some inside help anyways. :)

I actually think that Bahamut does look better, but I think that his alt Bahamut7 would look better as bahamut7. Maybe it's because somewhere he's got a username of bahamutseven, which kinda looks neat.

At 12/24/09 03:41 AM, KrevZabijak wrote:
At 9/13/09 09:28 PM, gfoxcook wrote: NEIN! IS VERBOTEN! YOU POST NAO!
Nein, ich bin schnappi, das kleine krokodil?

!_!

MY FAKE GERMANINGS HAVE BACKFIRED, HERR DOKTOR!

I have to, I'm a rifftrax addict.

RIFFTRAX.COM ! YOU GO NAO !

What the...

At 12/24/09 08:32 AM, NEVR wrote: I don't think I was sent a voting PM this time around :(

Oh nooooooooeeee, this is bad. </The Heavy>

At 12/24/09 09:18 AM, NEVR wrote: It's not a problem, but I do feel EXCLUDED. lol.

Don't feel excluded, unwanted, or any of that crap, man! We all want your hot bod around here, Bahamut just made a judgment call. You can punish him later.

In the sex dungeon.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // 2x10k PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Bahamut's List!

BBS Signature
Haggard
Haggard
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 55
Writer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist Jan. 7th, 2010 @ 04:46 AM Reply

At 1/7/10 03:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 9/13/09 09:28 PM, gfoxcook wrote: NEIN! IS VERBOTEN! YOU POST NAO!
Nein, ich bin schnappi, das kleine krokodil?
!_!

LOL!

You haven't missed anything if you don't know Schnappi (<= Hey, this is a link to the wikipedia article about schnappi!). XD

Surf Nazis must die! || Wi/Ht? #38 || Review Request Club || NG Logs || METAL-ABC (Last update: 04. March 2012)

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist Jan. 7th, 2010 @ 05:19 AM Reply

At 1/7/10 04:46 AM, Haggard wrote:
At 1/7/10 03:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote: !_!

LOL!

You haven't missed anything if you don't know Schnappi (<= Hey, this is a link to the wikipedia article about schnappi!). XD

Lol Schnappi :p

It was once a big hit in Holland as well. I believe it was even #1 in the dutch hit-charts at some point in '05. And you heard it everywhere; on the TV, on the radio, even at my local football club.

But I doubt it's popularity has ever gotten much further than Germany and Holland ;)

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist Jan. 7th, 2010 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 12/24/09 09:18 AM, NEVR wrote: Even at the very lowest end of my activity I'll still be around to check my PM's, so I'd appreciate if you kept sending them even if I seem inactive. If I need my status changed to inactive I'll let you know, but if anything my activity is increasing week by week at the moment.

I've acknowledged your request for member elections. I'm glad I know you still want to receive a PM regardless of activity, unless you notify otherwise. :)

At 1/7/10 03:25 AM, gfoxcook wrote:
At 12/22/09 08:34 PM, Bahamut wrote: Screw you. Whatever I say goes here. XP Well, unless you take my rights away to run the Member List elections just for saying that, lol.
Of course not. But still... you agreed to a date, albeit half a year in advance, to make it up to me... and I'm gonna hold you to that. #;-}>

And don't you start thinking I'll forget! I won't, yahearmeh?!

It was the 10th May or something? Just remind me when it's close to May and I'll be sure to run the election at the start of May.

Really now?
Yes. The NG fuzz came down pretty hard on him. BBS ban and possibly an admin-enforced namechange? Can't recall the details, but the point is that he was using social security #s as his username, and even though he was making them up randomly, they were obviously real people's numbers. Possibly dead people's, but those get reassigned eventually.... I think. Or will once we run out of combinations, at least. #;-}>

I never even knew or remember anything about that. Is there a thread lying around somewhere about it?

At 12/24/09 03:08 AM, reverend wrote: Yeah my name is more vague and I use it in a adjective sense. Yours on the other hand is a proper noun so it is better capitalized. Not like we could change them without some inside help anyways. :)
I actually think that Bahamut does look better, but I think that his alt Bahamut7 would look better as bahamut7. Maybe it's because somewhere he's got a username of bahamutseven, which kinda looks neat.

Fuck that, I'll always have a capital B for any variants of Bahamut, unless I'm using a site that automatically puts everything on lowercase or I make mistakes like bahamutvii for PSN and BAHAMUT7 for Rate Your Music, even though that's just ALL CAPS and not lowercase b.

RIFFTRAX.COM ! YOU GO NAO !
What the...

According to a friend of mine, Rifftrax is exactly like MST3K. If you're interested in similar subjects, he recommends Twilight, Transformers: ROTF, The Wicker Man, Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory (with Neil Patrick Harris), and Batman & Robin. I'm not a fan of film commentaries so this isn't for me.

At 12/24/09 09:18 AM, NEVR wrote: It's not a problem, but I do feel EXCLUDED. lol.
Don't feel excluded, unwanted, or any of that crap, man! We all want your hot bod around here, Bahamut just made a judgment call. You can punish him later.

In the sex dungeon.

Human on dragon action? Gross!

[ BBS / Icon / Portal Möd ] - [ Facebook - Twitter ]
Formerly Bahamut

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 1st, 2010 @ 11:19 AM Reply

I can feel the ground rumble beneath me
A dragon stirs in a distance
In the darken cosmos, stars burn anew
The time for Forty Eighth, Forty Ninth, and Fiftieth is nigh. . .

Where is/How to? Memberlist

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 1st, 2010 @ 05:32 PM Reply

At 5/1/10 11:19 AM, reverend wrote: The time for Forty Eighth, Forty Ninth, and Fiftieth is nigh. . .

Is it customary these days to allow three at a time, every time?

I'd personally be in favour of just one new member being voted in.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 1st, 2010 @ 05:38 PM Reply

Got that right reverend! I didn't forget at all and knew I had to start the Member List election on the 1st so here it is!

At 5/1/10 05:32 PM, NEVR wrote: Is it customary these days to allow three at a time, every time?

This is gfox's request and I have to respect that. However, if he's got time to say a few things otherwise, he's free to do so and I'll lower the number of new members to enter if he feels that way now.

Formerly Bahamut

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 1st, 2010 @ 06:08 PM Reply

At 5/1/10 05:38 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/1/10 05:32 PM, NEVR wrote: Is it customary these days to allow three at a time, every time?

This is gfox's request and I have to respect that. However, if he's got time to say a few things otherwise, he's free to do so and I'll lower the number of new members to enter if he feels that way now.

Fair enough, it just seems that we're almost exhausting the number of really good candidates available to us by letting in three at a time. I don't want it to get to a point where we're voting new people on purely for the sake of voting new people on, y'know?

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 2nd, 2010 @ 11:03 AM Reply

It's that time of the year again? :)

Personally I agree with NEVR. Letting in three on every update is quite a lot and I find it hard to pick three members every time of which I feel they are really 'worth it'. Might want to narrow it down to one or two unless we really have a lot of new, potential members on the regulars list.

BBS Signature
reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 2nd, 2010 @ 05:18 PM Reply

It was an educated guess. There was two last time, four before that, and three before that. I figured Bahamut wanted to round it off at fifty.

At 5/1/10 05:38 PM, Bahamut wrote: Got that right reverend! I didn't forget at all and knew I had to start the Member List election on the 1st so here it is!

Of course. Bahamuts never forget ... or is that only for elephants? :)

I also agree that two should be voted in. My third pick at the moment, .... eh.
That is if you are willing to wait even longer between elections, like almost yearly, then I can see adding three members.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:11 PM Reply

At 5/1/10 06:08 PM, NEVR wrote:
At 5/1/10 05:38 PM, Bahamut wrote:

Fair enough, it just seems that we're almost exhausting the number of really good candidates available to us by letting in three at a time. I don't want it to get to a point where we're voting new people on purely for the sake of voting new people on, y'know?

Relax, relax.

First off, scroll up and read the shit from December 09 and January 10 above. I was just half-bitching (for bitching's sake) that Bahamut inducted new members last year in December and didn't wait till 20100101 (that's how I think of dates, because computers order files correctly if you use that notation, YYYYMMDD, longest to shortest, which I WISH was the worldwide standard, but noooooo, America has to be all MMDDYYYY and the UK/parts of Europe/wherever has to be all DDMMYYYY and shit, like a buncha fools.... </date format rant>)...

ANYWAY, point being, I was mostly being silly for no real reason, just to say that I thought having a membership induction date of 20100101 would be fucking BITCHING, and that if I were a new member, I'd rather be in on 20100101 than on 20091231 (indeed, I finally signed up to the Escapist, a site that I was considering joining for 2-3 years now, if only because I enjoy the occasional Zero Punctuation video game review or an article here and there, even if I'm not going to be social on the site like I am (was?) here on N)... whatever... I signed up there on 20100101 because I thought that was a cool fucking date, yanno?).

BUT, I mostly had my tongue in cheek.

I told Bahamut (again, half-jokingly) that to make it up to me that he'd just brought in new members with December 2009 Wi/Ht? membership dates instead of January 2010 ones, like I would have had I been running the election (which my lazy arse just can't bring itself to do these days), then he could make it up to me by making sure to do another election soon.

I couldn't think of any ol' arbitrary date except that I was getting married on 20100514, and Bahamut had been talking to me on Steam about how he was gonna tell Tom Fulp to announce that "former mod gfoxcook got married today" or whatever, and I was all "fuck no, man!" to that... so I said "hey, just do the election before I get married, and also, you went from 44 members to 47 members last time, and ugh... 47... barely better than 37, amiright?

So... one thing led to another and I convinced Bahamut to make it up to me by holding an election in May 2010 and inducting 3 members so that we'd be at a nice even 50 to make me happy with my insane round-number fetishes. #;-}>

It was mostly for a laugh, in short.

But Bahamut clearly meant it when he agreed to it, or he wouldn't have sent out voting reminders saying "hey, it's May 2010, we're going up from 47 to 50 members, gfox said to do this, BLAME HIM NOW ME, DAMN YOU ALL!, and here, please vote... oh, and also, if you want to bitch about this to me (even though you should bitch at gfox, not me, but let's face it... gfox is a lazy bastard and isn't around much anymore, so you'll have to bitch at me then, eh?)... then go for it instead of voting, you blighters!"

Which, BTW, I just saw today, because I've been busy planning my wedding and other IRL crap.

Whatev.

bottom line:

the 3 members was just to make me happy with 50 total members, historically.

The next 10 elections could have 1 member each.

Last election, when we went from 44 to 47, I'd rather have gone to only 45 or 46... you know me and numbers. I don't care whether the candidate pool is too large or too small, I only care about the numbers. That's why it's better for Bahamut to run the elections now, and both I and Recon (who had been doing them at spancker's request for years) agreed he could, so why the fuck not, eh?

Anyway, my point being, I didn't insist on 3 for 3's sake, I just wanted us to have a nice even 50 members. But I just told Bahamut on Steam that he can do 1 election, 2 elections, or 3 elections to get there. i.e. if he wants to do one now, one later this year, and one in 2011, just as long as we have a nice even 50 (a half-century mark, by god!), I'll be happy.

My fear, of course, is that he was planning on going from 47 to 49 to 51 to 53 and have nothing but ugly odd number memberships or some shit. Irrational? Of course. When have I ever claimed to be anything BUT? I am what I am. #;-}>

And yet you people still tolerate me, seem to want me to come back and post, and all that shit. And I humour you. So eh, if you want to humour me back by electing 3 people (now... or later on, whenever), to say "Happy Wedding Day!" with 50 members for ol' gfox, that's fine by me. SO EXPLOITABLE. #;-}>

But if not, that's fine, too.

Okay, I was just on the phone with my mom for 30 minutes, so I've completely lost my train of thought. I should probably just scrap this entire post, but you all seem to be worried that since Bahamut elected 3 people last time, and since he's planned (because of me) to do 3 more THIS time, that all 2010, 2011, 2012, etc. etc. long, we'll be doing constant 3-person elections.

And I just wanted to say... NEIN.

This is a one-time (for me, at least) 3 person request, simply because if we add 3 people, we'll be at 50!

Now, this is how I put it to Bahamut on Steam an hour ago:

17:12 - gfox: IOW, they had no problem with the election, just thought 3 was too many?
17:12 - gfox: I guess this is my point:
17:12 - gfox: let the election period finish up.
17:12 - gfox: See how many people voted.
17:12 - gfox: See how many people they voted for, see how things add up.
17:12 - Dugdemo: Yeah
17:12 - gfox: If the votes go 8 7 6 2 2 1
17:13 - gfox: then I'd argue the 8, 7, and 6 deserve to be members.
17:13 - gfox: And I can get my way and we have 50 members.
17:13 - gfox: But if it's like 5 1 1 1 11
17:13 - gfox: then just do the one that got 5.
17:13 - gfox: Know what I mean? See if there's real consensus for more than 1 person, maybe 2 or 3.
17:13 - gfox: 3 at most for a nice even 50.
17:13 - gfox: But if not, then 49 or 48.
17:13 - gfox: But my point is simply that you need not worry about it now.
17:13 - gfox: See how it goes by your deadline of may 10th.

BOOM. Click. Done!

VOTE, PEOPLE. VOTE NOWWWWW OR FOREVER HOLD YER PENII.

BBS Signature
gfoxcook
gfoxcook
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 2nd, 2010 @ 07:16 PM Reply

At 5/2/10 05:18 PM, reverend wrote:
It was an educated guess. There was two last time, four before that, and three before that.

I had planned to just make the above post, but... ... it was 2 last time?

Jesus Effin' Christ then. I thought all of you who had a problem with it being 3 this time had that problem because it was 3 last time, (MAYBE) 3 this time, and were assuming the new pattern/rule would be that it would be 3 EVERY time... O_o

Look, back when I ran some elections in 2004/5/6/whenever, I think I mostly inducted 2 every time.

Can you guess why?

Not too small, not too large, and a nice EVEN. FUCKING. NUMBER. All this "2 - 3 - 4 -3 -2 -4 -23 24j12rjmnj shit is too silly. I'd rather it be 1 every election than a random number every election personally, but I also don't think what I say should go... (too often)

I only made a request for 3 this time because it would make it 50, yes.

I figured Bahamut wanted to round it off at fifty.

Exactly right, except it was me who wanted that, not Bahamut. Close enough. #;-}>

Thank you for giving me extra info that somehow I had missed through my IMs with Bahamut and through quickly reading a few posts on this page, reverend... I wish I had kept reading past the post of NEVR that I responded to, which normally of course I would do... but I was in a rush today.

AH WELL. That's life.

Better late than never.

CONFUSION OVAR. #;-}>

I also agree that two should be voted in. My third pick at the moment, .... eh.
That is if you are willing to wait even longer between elections, like almost yearly, then I can see adding three members.

Anyway, my idea was... we'll see how many votes people get, like I showed in that IM paste job above. Maybe only 1 person will have multiple votes, maybe 2 or 3 will. How about we all just wait and see until Bahamut tabulates the results?

In the meantime... as I said before.... GET OUT THERE AND VOTE, MAGGOTS! </TF2 Solly>

And with that... :::goes to play TF2:::

BBS Signature
Sir-Nuts
Sir-Nuts
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Blank Slate
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 2nd, 2010 @ 09:23 PM Reply

Jeez, I just remembered that I haven't posted in here since I got elected. Which would be:

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/6412 7/37

At 6/1/09 09:25 AM, Bahamut wrote: #44 Sir-Nuts

RIGHTEOUS.

Well, a silly, almost-1-year-old THANKS to all who voted on me! :P

Anyways, about the new election:

I still managed to find 3 deserving (IMO) users that I'd like to see here in the Memberlist. But, if the Regulars' updates keep up with no additions... then I don't know if I'd vote or not... :/

But yeah, I think it woulb be nice if we had round 50 members on gfox's wedding. It could be our little gift for him. #;-}>

At 5/2/10 07:16 PM, gfoxcook wrote: In the meantime... as I said before.... GET OUT THERE AND VOTE, MAGGOTS! </TF2 Solly>

Already did, as soon as Bahamut PMed me.

And with that... :::goes to play TF2:::

I'd join you... B-U-T:

- UK server with ping > 600 = nah;

- UK server with ping > 600 hosted by NO HEROES = kicked instantly :(

NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:30 AM Reply

At 5/2/10 07:11 PM, gfoxcook wrote: Relax, relax.

I wasn't really thinking about the numbers to be honest, but if that's what you want from NG as a wedding present then that's entirely up to you man.

I was just pointing out the fact that if we continue to vote on 3 people each election then things could start to get messy, but you've now cleared that up, so as you say, WHATEV. ;P

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 3rd, 2010 @ 09:52 AM Reply

On a side note... I spent a bit of time looking over the candidate list for the election, narrowing it down, and checking who'd been contributing the most to Wi/Ht? more recently as well as over the past 5 months. Managed to choose three users who I think deserve to be on the list, so happy days. ;P

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 3rd, 2010 @ 10:07 AM Reply

I agree with that thing gfox discussed on AIM.

Just see how many votes everybody gets and if one, two or three users are really sticking out from the rest of the group, then just add all of them to the memberlist. Maybe make a percentage limit, like they have to have at least 50% or 60% of all the voters supporting them. Something like that.

BBS Signature
Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 10th, 2010 @ 09:33 AM Reply

The election has closed and amazingly enough, EVERYONE who received a PM to vote for new members voted so thank you all! There was more than enough to give us three members with sufficient votes and the newest additions are:

#48 Ismael92
#49 SpiffyMasta
#50 zimzap

Welcome aboard to the Member List Ismael92, SpiffyMasta and zimzap!

Replies are coming up!

Formerly Bahamut

Murray
Murray
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 58
Audiophile
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 10th, 2010 @ 09:42 AM Reply

Whoops, I forgot to post a welcome picture. Nevermind.

At 5/1/10 06:08 PM, NEVR wrote: I don't want it to get to a point where we're voting new people on purely for the sake of voting new people on, y'know?

Not to worry, this will be the last Member List election I'll hold until we get a couple more regulars. Any more and we'll only have the inactive people on the Regulars List. :P

At 5/2/10 07:11 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I couldn't think of any ol' arbitrary date except that I was getting married on 20100514

What? It's on the 14th and not the 10th? Goddammit, how could I fuck up like that? >:( I've been telling everyone "OMG GFOX IS GETTING MARRIED ON THE 10TH!" I fail!

At 5/2/10 05:18 PM, reverend wrote: Of course. Bahamuts never forget ... or is that only for elephants-

ELEPHANT!

Sorry people, I had to make this Nostalgia Critic reference as I always forget to do it in Burger King.

Where is/How to? Memberlist

Formerly Bahamut

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 10th, 2010 @ 10:17 AM Reply

At 5/10/10 09:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: The election has closed and amazingly enough, EVERYONE who received a PM to vote for new members voted so thank you all!

Everyone voted? Nice. Does that include the members that have retired long ago?

There was more than enough to give us three members with sufficient votes and the newest additions are:

#48 Ismael92
#49 SpiffyMasta
#50 zimzap

Congrats and welcome to Ismael92, SpiffyMasta and zimzap!

I think I haven't seen them around much lately though.

BBS Signature
Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 10th, 2010 @ 01:03 PM Reply

At 5/10/10 09:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: the newest additions are:
#48 Ismael92

Thanks a lot!

#49 SpiffyMasta
#50 zimzap

Congrats!

As much as I appreciate that you guys voted me in, it would have been much better if less people voted me, so I would have been the 50th member. Anyway, zimzap gets the special spot, so congrats again to him!

I haven't been that active lately so I didn't see this coming. Again (for the 3rd time) thank you!

At 5/10/10 09:42 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 5/2/10 05:18 PM, reverend wrote: Of course. Bahamuts never forget ... or is that only for elephants-
ELEPHANT!

The fact that you forgot the welcome pic made this 100 times funnier :P

Sorry people, I had to make this Nostalgia Critic reference as I always forget to do it in Burger King.

I never get the references :(

SpiffyMasta
SpiffyMasta
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Melancholy
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 10th, 2010 @ 02:05 PM Reply

At 5/10/10 09:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: The election has closed and amazingly enough, EVERYONE who received a PM to vote for new members voted so thank you all! There was more than enough to give us three members with sufficient votes and the newest additions are:

#48 Ismael92

Congrats!

#49 SpiffyMasta

:0 I am speechless. Thanks guys! Quite an honor to be joining these ranks!

#50 zimzap

Congrats!

At 5/10/10 09:42 AM, Bahamut wrote: Whoops, I forgot to post a welcome picture. Nevermind.

You could have left that one out, the king creeps me out. Seriously always have creepy ads with that guy.

At 5/1/10 06:08 PM, NEVR wrote: I don't want it to get to a point where we're voting new people on purely for the sake of voting new people on, y'know?
Not to worry, this will be the last Member List election I'll hold until we get a couple more regulars. Any more and we'll only have the inactive people on the Regulars List. :P

Yea it's been two-three months now without seeing much potential newcomers in the Wi/Ht. I'm thinking summer time should bring some new people along though.

At 5/2/10 07:11 PM, gfoxcook wrote: I couldn't think of any ol' arbitrary date except that I was getting married on 20100514
What? It's on the 14th and not the 10th? Goddammit, how could I fuck up like that? >:( I've been telling everyone "OMG GFOX IS GETTING MARRIED ON THE 10TH!" I fail!

He said was... didn't say is? Meaning it might be off?

reverend
reverend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 50
Movie Buff
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 10th, 2010 @ 02:29 PM Reply

At 5/10/10 09:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: The election has closed and amazingly enough, EVERYONE who received a PM to vote for new members voted so thank you all! There was more than enough to give us three members with sufficient votes and the newest additions are:

#48 Ismael92
#49 SpiffyMasta
#50 zimzap

Awesome! Congratulations guys!

At 5/10/10 09:42 AM, Bahamut wrote: What? It's on the 14th and not the 10th? Goddammit, how could I fuck up like that? >:( I've been telling everyone "OMG GFOX IS GETTING MARRIED ON THE 10TH!" I fail!

You know it didn't cross my mind why would anybody would be getting married on a Monday instead of a Friday or Weekend. I guess that would make more sense. :S

ELEPHANT!

Ah yes, the Elephant/Creepy King gag. :)

BBS Signature
XwaynecoltX
XwaynecoltX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 52
Movie Buff
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 10th, 2010 @ 04:04 PM Reply

Congrats to the three new members. now onto the summer and beyond to see what we get up in here heh

~X~

~X~ ~X~ ~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
POXNORA ??? A Very Unique game

BBS Signature
byteslinger
byteslinger
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Programmer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 10th, 2010 @ 05:10 PM Reply

#48 Ismael92
#49 SpiffyMasta
#50 zimzap

Replies are coming up!

Congrats! Glad to see my votes counted! Welcome aboard - and please stay away from the scary King - he looks like your classic creeper all around! ("Hey, little boy, wanna see something super sized?") - EWWWWW!

Never mind that - I digress. We now stand at 50 strong - a nice, even number to make gfox happy.

(He'll need all he can get - he just got married! Oh, it'll be fine for a few months. Then one day, he'll come home and discover that (a) he'll never be right again, (b) it's ALWAYS his fault and (c) he'll never get the last word in on a disagreement - that'll be the first word in the NEXT one!)

Seriously, though, Gfox - congrats on the nuptuals! Mazeltov and Locheim!

Proud member of the EGB |-Barracks Info-|-EGB BBS-|-EGB Website-|

BBS Signature
NEVR
NEVR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 11th, 2010 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 5/10/10 09:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: #48 Ismael92
#49 SpiffyMasta
#50 zimzap

Welcome x3

At 5/10/10 09:42 AM, Bahamut wrote:

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. There haven't really been many new contributors to Wi/Ht? lately either as far as I've seen, so we might be waiting a while.

Not that that's a bad thing.

BBS Signature
Xiivi
Xiivi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Blank Slate
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 11th, 2010 @ 11:41 PM Reply

50 members now?

Man, sometimes you forget just how much time has passed.

Welcome new peoples.

Wi/Ht? #28

BBS Signature
zimzap
zimzap
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Where is/How to? Memberlist May. 19th, 2010 @ 10:20 PM Reply

#48 Ismael92
#49 SpiffyMasta
#50 zimzap

WOW! Thanks to everyone that voted for me: Bahamut, Auz, reverend, X, byteslinger, NEVR, and Xiivi. Also, congrats to Ismael and Spiffy!

I am trying to be more active in the midst of starting work and studying for professional exams. I will do my best to serve the honor of being member number 50!

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature