00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

About Carlos Mencia

4,153 Views | 67 Replies

About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 02:48:13

Total belligerent idiot, I don't think he quite undestands that people are people, not determined by race, but individuality. He treats his opinions as if it's the truth, he takes all of his horrible comedy in vain, and quite possibly may be the destroyer of intelligence. Then again, you're most likely not that intelligent if you believe what Carlos Mencia says is words of wisdom, I am %100 for freedom of speech, don't wish his show is cancelled, but I hope that no one is inspired by his lack of intelligence.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 02:49:38

I'm sorry who?

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 02:52:01

At 1/16/07 02:49 AM, OptiPrime wrote: I'm sorry who?

His show, Mind Of Mencia

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:02:09

At 1/16/07 02:48 AM, cxnnor wrote: don't wish his show is cancelled

I know no one probably cares, but I meant to put an 'I' before don't.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:03:02

about carlos mancia......he is a fucking comedian. he isnt stating out beliefs or anything like that. his is an entertainer. what he says on stage doesnt nessesarly mean he believes what he says or wants other to believe those things.

he is just a comic who uses steriotypes alot in his comedy, and it works. he doesnt pull any punches ether.

he isnt trying to get anyone to think in those terms.

its common sence that what he is saying isnt ment to be taken seriously. its on comedy central for god's sake. how obvious can you get? the station where every single word is never ment to be taken seriously.

i cant believe you really think he is trying to make a point across!

do you watch the daily show and actually think it is a real news show?

now that you know that he is a comic and that he not trying to make a point across, just trying to get laughs, which he does, you can now change your view on him because you no longer have that ignorance of what he really is.

its actually funny you think he is serious.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:04:05

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:05:02

he is hilarious! he holds no punches in his comedy!

mind of mancia rulles!

this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end

If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:05:05

he's not funny but you know what you can do to stop him? turn off your damn tv!

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:06:15

At 1/16/07 03:05 AM, HogWashSoup wrote: he is hilarious! he holds no punches in his comedy!

mind of mancia rulles!

Protip:

Ned is not Mexican. Or funny

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:11:02

At 1/16/07 03:06 AM, HeliopiosOriginal wrote:
At 1/16/07 03:05 AM, HogWashSoup wrote: he is hilarious! he holds no punches in his comedy!

mind of mancia rulles!
Protip:

Ned is not Mexican. Or funny

who is ned? and what does protip mean?

and where the hell did you come from?

this is the users orange and officer. lovers till the end

If you see I have bad grammar, ignor it because I dont give a fuck

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:15:32

Golly gee, whats that thing Comedians do again? Take problems and stereotype them and make them light humor?
Oh right! WHO WOULD HAVE FIGURED HE ISNT BEING SERIOUS.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:19:52

At 1/16/07 03:15 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote: Golly gee, whats that thing Comedians do again? Take problems and stereotype them and make them light humor?
Oh right! WHO WOULD HAVE FIGURED HE ISNT BEING SERIOUS.

You understand he takes his idiocy in vain, right?

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:32:50

At 1/16/07 03:26 AM, psycho-squirrel wrote:
i can understand why you might not like him, he does get pretty racial, but that is what makes him diffrent and really funny, at least in my opinion.

Also, he uses race as a means to break racism. I mean, in his previous stands up Ive seen so much of, it was just about stereotypical mexican life. Nothing good about it. And so if he is going to slash his own race for being retarded sometimes, why can't he slash the rest?

It isn't " Oh, these races are different from me, and so I gotta point out the flaws in them all". It's more of a, hey, we all suck, so stfu and laugh. I can't ever view it as ignorant racism, rather than a comedian doing what a comedian does best. Racism is a heavy subject, and he is shining a rather bright light on it.

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:33:23

i highly doubt that. and i highly doubt you have any proof suporting that comment.

Yes I do (i.e. why do White people do this, why are gay people like this, etc., he is like this on the Conan O'Brian show as well, search Carlos Mencia & Conan O'Brian and you'll probably find the video.)

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:37:48

At 1/16/07 02:49 AM, OptiPrime wrote: I'm sorry who?

My thoughts exactly.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:37:56

At 1/16/07 03:33 AM, cxnnor wrote:
i highly doubt that. and i highly doubt you have any proof suporting that comment.
Yes I do (i.e. why do White people do this, why are gay people like this, etc., he is like this on the Conan O'Brian show as well, search Carlos Mencia & Conan O'Brian and you'll probably find the video.)

All comedians stereotype. How does this pin point to Carlos? If comedians had to start being politically correct, we'd lose every good comedian to existence. Do you even know what you're babbling about anymore?
Not being politically correct to lighten up a situation irl, doesn't mean someone is ignorant or racist. Stop being an uptight ass.

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:42:17

At 1/16/07 03:37 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
All comedians stereotype. Stop being an uptight ass.

Not all comedians stereotype, and my intention was not to be an 'uptight ass' I just wanted to know if others felt the same way, and yes, to some others, sometimes comedy is taken seriously (i.e. comics like Louis Black) and sometimes they aren't (i.e. Carlos Mencia) I do not hate Carlos Mencia, I just think he's an idiot.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:42:32

I find Ned Holness funny. Jeez, if you can't stand him turn off your damn TV. I still liked Chappelle better though...

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:46:27

mencia isn't racist, he's just a poser. He uses his so-called heritage to be able to say the same stupid set of jokes forwards and backwards

"hey this fence looks a lot like the one my family jumped over. GET IT, I'M MEXICAN?"
"hey, my uncle mows grass. GET IT, HE'S MEXICAN?"
"hey, mexican stereotype, GET IT I'M MEXICAN!?!";

it'd be like a white guy standing on stage and making jokes about being a nerdy white guy

mencia has some good material here and there, but it mostly just sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:47:34

At 1/16/07 03:45 AM, psycho-squirrel wrote:
conan O'Brian show is also a comedy show.

show me him not being a comedian and saying those things, then you will have something. other wise you have nothing.

I have read serious interviews with Carlos Mencia, where he speaks of the same racism that he does on T.V., I'll try to find the magazine interview.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:55:20

At 1/16/07 03:42 AM, cxnnor wrote:
At 1/16/07 03:37 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
All comedians stereotype. Stop being an uptight ass.
Not all comedians stereotype, and my intention was not to be an 'uptight ass' I just wanted to know if others felt the same way, and yes, to some others, sometimes comedy is taken seriously (i.e. comics like Louis Black) and sometimes they aren't (i.e. Carlos Mencia) I do not hate Carlos Mencia, I just think he's an idiot.

**Lewis Black
Comedy is never 'serious'. Black just takes a political jab at comedy. Doesn't mean his comedy isn't as stereotyped as a cultural jab at comedy.
Just as Lewis is jewish and makes a ton of stereotypical jewish jokes. And even though he is Liberal, will jab at queer jokes, in the " oh they have rights, but i'll still stereotype in my joke that they talk funny, wear nice shoes, and anally fuck everywhere"

A different subject doesn't differentiate it's 'serious'
Comedy will never be politically correct, and for a reason. Comedy takes serious things, like politics, culture, race, environment, and make them silly vague stereotypes that lesser their meaning in a sense that we need to lighten the fuck up about shit.

At 1/16/07 03:46 AM, Afro-Ninja wrote: mencia isn't racist, he's just a poser. He uses his so-called heritage to be able to say the same stupid set of jokes forwards and backwards

Dude, what the hell? Every comedian makes fun of what they are directly, cause it's what they know best to make fun of.
Comedy is also a let out for all those failures too. I mean, once in a while you get a totally detached random as fuck comedian, but most? ya, it's what concerns their daily life, period.

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 03:59:47

At 1/16/07 03:55 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
**Lewis Black
Comedy is never 'serious'. Black just takes a political jab at comedy. Doesn't mean his comedy isn't as stereotyped as a cultural jab at comedy.
Just as Lewis is jewish and makes a ton of stereotypical jewish jokes. And even though he is Liberal, will jab at queer jokes, in the " oh they have rights, but i'll still stereotype in my joke that they talk funny, wear nice shoes, and anally fuck everywhere"

Lewis Black doesn't make jokes like, "All Jews act the same" and "Why do Jews do this?" etc. kind of jokes, remember, I do not want Carlos Mencia to be fired or burned at the stake, I just simply think the type of comedy he does is moronic.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 04:01:42

At 1/16/07 03:59 AM, cxnnor wrote:

Lewis Black doesn't make jokes like, "All Jews act the same" and "Why do Jews do this?" etc. kind of jokes, remember, I do not want Carlos Mencia to be fired or burned at the stake, I just simply think the type of comedy he does is moronic.

No, but he'll say that all the Jews had to have the old testament because they were an inch away from being bamboons who would try to marry camels.
And then rant about how God in the old testament was a jerk off to put Jews in their place to stop them from being that close to being said bamboons.

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 04:04:55

At 1/16/07 04:01 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
No, but he'll say that all the Jews had to have the old testament because they were an inch away from being bamboons who would try to marry camels.
And then rant about how God in the old testament was a jerk off to put Jews in their place to stop them from being that close to being said bamboons.

He's said this? Even if he has, it still does not mean all comics stereotype, it would be arrogant to say so.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 04:08:20

At 1/16/07 04:04 AM, cxnnor wrote:

He's said this? Even if he has, it still does not mean all comics stereotype, it would be arrogant to say so.

He did, and thats still YOUR example gone to shit about 'serious' comedy and the likeness of lewish black.
and as I told afro_ninja, like 90 percent of comedians will stereotype to some degree. And especially use the shit in their personal life as a comedic let out. But no one wants to heard explicit politically correct details, so you are forced to give fast to the point vague ones. You stereotype whether you like it or not. Whether you believe it or not.
The only comedians who really dont..are those really random comedians that have no real story, just odd what if scenarios, type deals.

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 04:10:38

agreed

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 04:14:25

At 1/16/07 04:08 AM, ShitOnAStick wrote:
and as I told afro_ninja, like 90 percent of comedians will stereotype to some degree.

%90? Where did you get this percentage anyways, and also I thought you said all comedians stereotype? And perhaps what Lewis Black said was true, I myself am Israeli and have read about Israel, and the facts supported in Lewis' statement. Hey I don't even really know if Lewis Black said this statement anyways.

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 04:19:47

At 1/16/07 03:42 AM, cxnnor wrote:

:(i.e. comics like Louis Black)

I made a typo, 'Lewis', instead of 'Louis' =x

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 06:20:17

Meh whatever, i think hes still funny.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to About Carlos Mencia 2007-01-16 06:25:59

I also think Carlos is annoying. His voice makes me want to punch a baby.

I am more of a fan of the Dane Train.