00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Lipinski14D just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented

7,534 Views | 80 Replies

Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:10:51

This would've gone into the Official Video thread if I didn't think it needed it deserves its own discussion.

This guy created a cheap, light-weight, bulletproof suit that looks like something that came out of Halo. Would you join the army if you knew you were going to wear something this wacky?

It has some pretty cool features though. It has a laser-pointing device to help in "sniper ambush situations", headlights, built-in radio, and there's even a solar-powered air-conditioner to help cool whoever is wearing it down. What I find ridiculous though is that there's a can of mace on his right arm. When the soldier is all out of bullets and there are like...10-20 insurgents coming in...what's he going to do? It's simple. He would simply go into the prone position, lift up his arm, and there we go."

There's also a "cock clock" (at least that's what I like to call it). You'll know why once you watch the video. Oh yeah, and he shows you the prototypes and testing at the end.

His inspiration? "Well, I went back to my earlier designs...I did look at Star Wars, I looked at Halo...the..eh, video game..uhh..and then I started talking to the professionals in the field."

Bulletproof

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:12:53

Wow looks cool man

I'm the only pretty boy on NewGrounds!

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:13:47

That looks familiar...

Bulletproof

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:17:57

At 1/15/07 05:13 AM, PelvicThrusters wrote: That looks familiar...

wow nice picture man! reminds me of when I was a kid watching that TV show.

I'm the only pretty boy on NewGrounds!

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:20:05

Pretty fucking awesome if I do say so myself. Looks like a bitch to use in the sand though. All those cracks and whatnot would make a very uncomfortable march for troops fighting in the desert.

Just read 'The Hero with a Thousand Faces' by Joe Campbell. Now I need a new book. PM me suggestions!

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:20:17

HOLYCRAP!
Thats just pure ownage!
they look like robots when they wear it but still!

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:22:41

What the fuck?
When did the BLACK ranger have the chest shield?

««P.ü.ñ.ï.s.h.ê.r¯`·._.·

-------------------------------No Escape for The Guilty.. [Do not click.] <_< "hmm..."

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:24:43

At 1/15/07 05:22 AM, Punisher wrote: What the fuck?

Dinosaur era.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:27:08

lol this is a joke.

Freakin Canadians.

[Wii Together] [Teh Space]

Alb [4210-3652-1542] <<-Brawl Code. PM me

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:32:50

The movie (first one)

"My friends call me 'The Cane.' Even before I messed up my leg."

- [H]ouse

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 05:53:12

This looks kickass, but
I keep thinking in the back of my head, every movie I've seen where the soldiers wore full face helmets the soliders were evil, always.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 06:22:25

Wow an entire army of halo/power ranger soldiers coming at you would scar the shit into any body.
"Dear God they have airconditioned helmets! RUN!"

The more protection you give a soldier the slopier they become.
And the government isnt going to spend 15 grand per person.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 06:31:33

Well that's all good and all, but I want to see someone shot at him while he's wearing.

The stuff with the bats is pretty impressive though.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 06:37:20

At 1/15/07 05:52 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: Yeah its a wonderful concept, except it would weigh far too much (if it was bullet and fragmentation proof), and limit mobility.

It already said he's tested it, jeez.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 06:44:26

At last, sci-fi and reality join forces.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 06:57:25

At 1/15/07 05:20 AM, TheGlitchster wrote: HOLYCRAP!
Thats just pure ownage!
they look like robots when they wear it but still!

You could pwn so many noobs with that suit. *sniff*

Sig by CoolCatDaddio. <<RESPECT>>

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 07:02:00

they made a movie about the bear suite.... i've seen it. that thing was a piece of crap, and he didn't even "fight" the bear, he couldn't freaking move, he tried to make a step once and fell over.
i don't feel all too confident with this guy...

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 07:06:15

yea, that IS cool ^^ but he could add some more...like...like...a knife hidden in one of the arms and it SHOOTS out when klicking a button ^^ or a LASER KNIFE!!!!!! THAT WOULD BE AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!

http://www.interstellarmarines.com/

the best AAA Indie game in the making, help the game by spreading the word! ;D

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 07:09:45

Judging by the poses he did in the video, I'd probably say that it's pretty flexable. If it's lighter than the useless armour and helmets that soldiers are wearing now, and that it works as well with bullets as it does baseball bats, this could really change things for armies world wide.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 07:34:48

Sure it's 'Bulletproof', but is it Bulletsproof.

I mean like, what if he gets constantly shot with thousands of bullets. You can't tell me that thing is indestructible. If anything, it'll just make the wearer more careless because he thinks he's invincible.

BBS Mod, PM me if you have something to report.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 07:36:15

At 1/15/07 06:51 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: Its better to have highly mobile soldiers than highly armored, slow cumbersome soldiers.

"Rangers, its morphing time!"

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 09:21:15

At 1/15/07 06:22 AM, made-4-sex wrote: Wow an entire army of halo/power ranger soldiers coming at you would scar the shit into any body.
"Dear God they have airconditioned helmets! RUN!"

Well, I think that people dressed in black face-concealing armor alone can cause some level of intimidation.

The more protection you give a soldier the slopier they become.

I understand that. "Hey! I have armor that makes me nigh-invincible! I can afford to make stupid mistakes because I won't be killed!"

And the government isnt going to spend 15 grand per person.

Very true. But I doubt that every soldier would get this armor, maybe an elite group or something...

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 09:33:11

Seems the only part of your body that the cooling system would actually cool down is the head.

What about the rest? Imagine how friggin' confusing and uncomfortable it would to have a cool helmet and hot, sand-filled boots on at the same time...

And besides that, he left the whole neck area wide open. People will be going for the jugular with knives in no time.

Pure awesomeness. You must read it.

(God-like signature by Zeppekk)

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 09:55:40

I want to buy it.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 10:06:58

At 1/15/07 05:52 AM, cellardoor6 wrote: Yeah its a wonderful concept, except it would weigh far too much (if it was bullet and fragmentation proof), and limit mobility.

Not true. Someone recently invented full body lightweight bulletproof armor in response to soldier complaints of only having chest protection. Furthermore, this guy made the bear suit, which was made out of spider silk. If these two collaborated it would probably work out. The full body armor was made using a new synthetic material that "shockwaves" the impact over the surface of the entire material.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 11:03:01

At 1/15/07 05:32 AM, IronKoala wrote: The movie (first one)

Weren't they ninjas in that one?

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 11:06:14

Look how many idiots answered.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 15:39:17

What I REALLY want to see now is someone using it in a combat situation. Imagining it is not enough.

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 15:47:36

My mentality has gone

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Bulletproof "Halo" suit invented 2007-01-15 16:13:35

The army has hi-tech laser guided nipple pinching equipment and is getting blown up by guys with the equivilent of wet toilet paper and nerf darts.

How the fuck is dressing soldiers up like cosplay/tron guy retards going to stop insurgency in Iraq?!