00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Save me!

693 Views | 8 Replies

Save me! 2007-01-08 21:35:39

i just got an ipod(i named it generic, for those with horrible vocabulary go look generic up :P), i got a bunch of .swfs on NG, i also have the .flas now from sothink decompiler. My problem is is getting these to a valid ipod type mp4, and i cant publish any thing as a .mov in flash because quicktime sucks.

Save me newgrounds, or suck me up into your hate and spit me out.

Response to Save me! 2007-01-08 21:37:09

Lets yell out superman

Asdf

BBS Signature

Response to Save me! 2007-01-08 21:37:10

Here's how you do it.

In flash, export as an .AVI file.

Import the avi into Windows Movie Maker.

Export as mpeg/mov/etc

Response to Save me! 2007-01-08 21:37:48

I highly doubt that .fla's can be turned into .mp4's. You need to be able to click the interactive menues that are in flashes, such as the "play" button.

Gotta get my cream in Wisconsin

Party Room Suite at the Sheraton

Is my profile full of naked pics? YOU BET!

BBS Signature

Response to Save me! 2007-01-08 21:46:53

At 1/8/07 09:37 PM, ZekeySpaceyLizard wrote: Here's how you do it.

In flash, export as an .AVI file.

Import the avi into Windows Movie Maker.

Export as mpeg/mov/etc

I thank you with great heartyness!
good day to you sir.

Response to Save me! 2007-01-08 21:49:00

If you have Quicktime Player PRO, you can export AVIs into iPod format, or use the imToo Ipod Converter.

Converter

Response to Save me! 2007-01-08 21:54:43

At 1/8/07 09:37 PM, OrbitalDebris wrote: I highly doubt that .fla's can be turned into .mp4's. You need to be able to click the interactive menues that are in flashes, such as the "play" button.

only the animation can be converted into avi, mov
the thing to do is to convert the animation to avi with xvid, is the best codec and speed for exporting, then us a editor or video converter.

Response to Save me! 2007-01-08 22:19:56

At 1/8/07 09:54 PM, Patcoola wrote:
At 1/8/07 09:37 PM, OrbitalDebris wrote: I highly doubt that .fla's can be turned into .mp4's. You need to be able to click the interactive menues that are in flashes, such as the "play" button.
only the animation can be converted into avi, mov
the thing to do is to convert the animation to avi with xvid, is the best codec and speed for exporting, then us a editor or video converter.

ok its not working guys, can anybody AIM me to help me through these times of frustration and stupidity?

Response to Save me! 2007-01-08 22:34:50

At 1/8/07 10:19 PM, SirSloth wrote: ok its not working guys, can anybody AIM me to help me through these times of frustration and stupidity?

the problem maybe how the flash movie was made, like if the creator used actionscripts(can't have when exporting) or if the creator dosn't know the different between a movieclip and a graphic symbol when making an animation. (always use graphic symbols with animation)

also you should know how to export using the xvid codec in avi (note this can take a long time)
3 minute animation takes about 15 mintues export and 5gbs of HDD space for avi uncompress and high quality. xvid will take half the time and a lot less HDD space.