New Topic Respond to this Topic
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-23 11:54:24 Reply

At 11/23/14 09:15 AM, Radaketor wrote: Sting rumored to appear at Survivor Series!

Will be pissed as hell if he's used to extend the Cena vs. Authority feud. Tired of seeing WWE's trend of ruining finishes currently. A ruined finish every now and then is ok but not when it's every month.

<33/Request Reviews/Review Request Club / #9 Reviewer / #3 Audio Reviewer

BBS Signature
wolfe
wolfe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-23 13:27:10 Reply

Survivor Series will be interesting. I recon that somebody will intervine but who?

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-23 14:24:33 Reply

I have been interested in seeing Sting ever since he left TNA. They told me it would never happen. Will Sting actually wrestle in WWE?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-23 20:14:34 Reply

At 11/23/14 02:24 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have been interested in seeing Sting ever since he left TNA. They told me it would never happen. Will Sting actually wrestle in WWE?

Maybe, he's said he'd be willing to wrestle Taker. I think it's a case where he'd do a one and done because he doesn't want to put himself in the position of other WCW talents where he'd get jobbed out and his legacy be tarnished

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
Radaketor
Radaketor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-23 20:39:23 Reply

I love hearing the crowd chant for Mizdow.

At 11/23/14 01:27 PM, wolfe wrote: Survivor Series will be interesting. I recon that somebody will intervine but who?

My money's on Sting, he can have a GM role.

At 11/23/14 08:14 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 11/23/14 02:24 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have been interested in seeing Sting ever since he left TNA. They told me it would never happen. Will Sting actually wrestle in WWE?
Maybe, he's said he'd be willing to wrestle Taker.

The Undertaker needs to get fit by then though.

ToddM
ToddM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 00:17:27 Reply

Sting has come to the WWE. It took him long enough.

Well we were dumb enough to think it was gonna happen.

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 00:23:39 Reply

Sting vs Hogan. Either in the ring , or as rival GMs.

ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 01:23:24 Reply

At 11/24/14 12:17 AM, ToddM wrote: Sting has come to the WWE. It took him long enough.

I got spoiled on his appearance by all of these wrestling news websites, but I still marked out hard when he walked out! Should be cool to see where his feud with HHH goes. I'd be cool with them having a Wrestlemania match.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
wolfe
wolfe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 08:52:02 Reply

I stayed up to 4:00am (UK) to watch Survivor Series to the very end... And it was worth it! The Icon Sting! I also loved the lesbian moment between AJ and Brie :)

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 09:26:08 Reply

At 11/24/14 08:52 AM, wolfe wrote: I stayed up to 4:00am (UK) to watch Survivor Series to the very end... And it was worth it! The Icon Sting! I also loved the lesbian moment between AJ and Brie :)

So who won the big tag team match? :o
Lesbian moment?

BBS Signature
wolfe
wolfe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 09:35:45 Reply

At 11/24/14 09:26 AM, SCTE3 wrote:
At 11/24/14 08:52 AM, wolfe wrote: I stayed up to 4:00am (UK) to watch Survivor Series to the very end... And it was worth it! The Icon Sting! I also loved the lesbian moment between AJ and Brie :)
So who won the big tag team match? :o
Lesbian moment?

Team Cena won but Big Show betrayed them. Dolph Ziggler pinned Luke Harper and Kane. He also pinned Rollins, That's when Sting came out. The Diva Title, Nikki won it in like 30 seconds Because Brie kissed AJ.

Radaketor
Radaketor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 11:05:20 Reply

At 11/24/14 08:52 AM, wolfe wrote: I stayed up to 4:00am (UK) to watch Survivor Series to the very end...

Same here, it was a really good PPV in my opinion.
Mizdow, Ziggler, Seth and Rusev were the stars of the show.

TheMaster
TheMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 16:05:35 Reply

I was really enjoying that main event until it changed from two of the most exciting young talents in the company putting on nail biting, edge of your seat match into two old fucking men staring at each other.

Can't just let Ziggler have the rub from overcoming the ridiculous odds and scraping out a victory by himself. Have to Sting steal the spotlight to set up some bullshit nostalgia run.

Fuck this company etc.

PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 18:53:57 Reply

At 11/24/14 04:05 PM, TheMaster wrote:
Fuck this company etc.

I respect your opinions, but I disagree.

Ziggler was still made to look like a true champion who outlasted the invincible John Cena. He was given a MASSIVE push in that match. It's anyone's guess where he goes from there, but last night was about him never giving up and fighting til' the end. Plus, according to kayfabe, he had Rollins pinned and beat until HHH pulled the ref and cheated, so it was justified that Sting would come out and even the odds.

The Sting thing is something that a lot of fans have wanted for a long time, so you can't fault them for doing it during a main event at a major PPV. For what it's worth, they could have handled it a lot worse. Imagine if it was Super Cena getting beat up by himself before Sting shows up.

Sig by Luis - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature
DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Level 56
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-24 23:09:04 Reply

Sting has arrived in WWE. It took over 20 years, but it finally happened.

Radaketor
Radaketor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-25 09:58:15 Reply

At 11/24/14 04:05 PM, TheMaster wrote: Can't just let Ziggler have the rub from overcoming the ridiculous odds and scraping out a victory by himself. Have to Sting steal the spotlight to set up some bullshit nostalgia run.

I don't think Sting stole the spotlight at all, actually. Dolph looked amazing in that match with or without Sting.

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-25 11:43:30 Reply

At 11/24/14 11:09 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Sting has arrived in WWE. It took over 20 years, but it finally happened.

His last appearance in WWE was in 2001, so it only took 14 years.

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Programmer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-25 13:01:49 Reply

I thought the whole thing worked out brilliantly. Keep in mind, this PPV was essentially free to everyone just getting WWE Network this month.

What it showcased was the best of the active roster, showed they can still put on a hell of a show, and for some of the older fans who maybe hadn't watched WWE much since the attitude era, it ended with the promise of two huge icons clashing sometime in the future.

Then Raw came on the next night with Universe Pandering Mode cranked up a tad too high, and no sign of Stinger at all. And ending the show with the anonymous GM (who they already "identified" as fucking Hornswaggle) just killed that storytelling momentum. To their credit, HHH, Steph and Vince did their part to finish the authority story up for now, with a tease at a return, but after that it was just 100% sucking the crowd's dicks. It really killed my SS buzz.

Arch-Angel likes this sig!

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-25 14:17:29 Reply

At 11/25/14 01:01 PM, PsychoGoldfish wrote:
What it showcased was the best of the active roster, showed they can still put on a hell of a show, and for some of the older fans who maybe hadn't watched WWE much since the attitude era, it ended with the promise of two huge icons clashing sometime in the future.

Then Raw came on the next night with Universe Pandering Mode cranked up a tad too high, and no sign of Stinger at all. And ending the show with the anonymous GM (who they already "identified" as fucking Hornswaggle) just killed that storytelling momentum. To their credit, HHH, Steph and Vince did their part to finish the authority story up for now, with a tease at a return, but after that it was just 100% sucking the crowd's dicks. It really killed my SS buzz.

Pretty much. Also had a decent laugh how when Larry came out, next to no one was cheering or very few were just booing. Adding crickets to the moment would have summed up that segment perfectly. Not found that guy entertaining for years. Nice to see Erik Rowan finally got on the mic for once. Hopefully he plays up a decent face for a good while. Was wonderful to see Daniel Bryan back for the night.

BBS Signature
PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Programmer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-25 14:55:39 Reply

At 11/25/14 02:17 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Pretty much. Also had a decent laugh how when Larry came out, next to no one was cheering or very few were just booing. Adding crickets to the moment would have summed up that segment perfectly. Not found that guy entertaining for years. Nice to see Erik Rowan finally got on the mic for once. Hopefully he plays up a decent face for a good while. Was wonderful to see Daniel Bryan back for the night.

Larry was pretty bad. They should have thrown him in the ring to be squashed.

Personally, I really wasn't all that entertained by Daniel Bryan last night. Maybe it was just because he overdid the 'yes' thing, but it just felt like that's what set the tone for all the pandering.

I'm dreading the anonymous GM episode. I'm sure we'll have to suffer through all the random GMs... John Luarenitis, Vicky, Teddy Long. Stone Cold will show up at some point, at least (I hope), and who knows what the plan for Sting is. I think he'll just show up for pops here and there and end his run with a match with HHH at mania.

With the announcement that Reigns will be back in a month it feels like they aren't going to start the next big story-line until he's available, so expect most of December to be filler.

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-26 00:43:14 Reply

I don't care what any of you WWE smarks/elitists have to say. That was the best fucking finish to a PPV i've ever seen.

wolfe
wolfe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-26 05:16:20 Reply

At 11/24/14 11:05 AM, Radaketor wrote:
At 11/24/14 08:52 AM, wolfe wrote: I stayed up to 4:00am (UK) to watch Survivor Series to the very end...
Same here, it was a really good PPV in my opinion.
Mizdow, Ziggler, Seth and Rusev were the stars of the show.

You forgot sting.

Radaketor
Radaketor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-26 07:13:12 Reply

At 11/25/14 02:17 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Also had a decent laugh how when Larry came out, next to no one was cheering or very few were just booing. Adding crickets to the moment would have summed up that segment perfectly. Not found that guy entertaining for years.

They need to get rid of the guest host gimmick, it's getting worse every week, or at least they could have former WWE wrestlers as guests.

At 11/26/14 05:16 AM, wolfe wrote:
At 11/24/14 11:05 AM, Radaketor wrote: Mizdow, Ziggler, Seth and Rusev were the stars of the show.
You forgot sting.

Sting did pretty much nothing, he just came out, beat up Triple H and left.

PsychoGoldfish
PsychoGoldfish
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Staff
Level 12
Programmer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-26 10:54:51 Reply

At 11/26/14 07:13 AM, Radaketor wrote: They need to get rid of the guest host gimmick, it's getting worse every week, or at least they could have former WWE wrestlers as guests.

I think they deserve some props for that. It's tough to find a guest host that's actually worse than Grumpy Cat, but WWE pulled it off!

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-27 19:19:22 Reply

So Punk went on Colt Cabana's podcast and opened up about his leaving WWE. The link to the podcast can be found in my link here, but if you don't have time to listen, the article breaks it down to bullet points of the most important things to walk away with.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/11/27/7298557/cm-punk-story-walking-out-on-wwe

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2014-11-27 20:19:43 Reply

At 11/27/14 07:19 PM, boloneyman wrote: So Punk went on Colt Cabana's podcast and opened up about his leaving WWE. The link to the podcast can be found in my link here, but if you don't have time to listen, the article breaks it down to bullet points of the most important things to walk away with.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2014/11/27/7298557/cm-punk-story-walking-out-on-wwe

Glad to see Punk is happier now living his life without the WWE and it's a damn shame how shitty he was treated towards the end.

BBS Signature