Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 6th, 2012 @ 02:27 PM Reply

At 12/5/12 09:22 PM, mothballs wrote: Why is Ryback such a Goldberg ripoff

He's really not. Everyone says he's a Goldberg ripoff... why? Because he's bald and has facial hair? He simply looks like him?

Ryback's has his own gimmick, catchphrase, and wrestling style different from Goldberg, yet the trend that he's a cheap ripoff of him really does bother me. Especially the fact that they blame Ryback for botching his finisher, and that Goldberg is stronger and much better, though I'd fucking love to see Goldberg do Ryback's finisher to Tensai - it's a hard finisher. Way harder than the jackhammer, anyway.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 7th, 2012 @ 03:33 AM Reply

At 12/6/12 02:27 PM, Piemix wrote: Ryback's has his own gimmick, catchphrase, and wrestling style different from Goldberg, yet the trend that he's a cheap ripoff of him really does bother me. Especially the fact that they blame Ryback for botching his finisher, and that Goldberg is stronger and much better, though I'd fucking love to see Goldberg do Ryback's finisher to Tensai - it's a hard finisher. Way harder than the jackhammer, anyway.

Agreed. Ryback is certainly not a Goldberg ripoff. I can see why people might think that, because it has been quite a while since we have had a wrestler with that It factor to them. I mean, just look at how popular Ryback got in such a short time frame.

As far as his finisher goes, the Jackhammer is still very impressive to me, especially when Goldberg did it to the Big Show (The Giant) on WCW.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 7th, 2012 @ 12:36 PM Reply

The only difference between Ryback and Goldberg is that Ryback doesn't suck

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 12:38 PM Reply

At 12/7/12 12:36 PM, mothballs wrote: The only difference between Ryback and Goldberg is that Ryback doesn't suck

Oh look, we have got someone who does not suck! Bet that Vince will destroy his push by making him job to his golden boy Cena at WM.

BBS Signature
bhsqad15
bhsqad15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 01:29 PM Reply

Shouldn't CM punk vacate the title because he is injured?

8-25-11 = The birth of canas day

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 02:41 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 12:38 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 12/7/12 12:36 PM, mothballs wrote: The only difference between Ryback and Goldberg is that Ryback doesn't suck
Oh look, we have got someone who does not suck! Bet that Vince will destroy his push by making him job to his golden boy Cena at WM.

Ryback is being used as a filler right now so that they can waste PPVs and title defenses for Punk's reign to last at least until the Royal Rumble. At the same time, they're making Ryback look good. What I don't understand is, why can't they make Punk look like a worthy champion rather than someone who constantly needs to cheat to win? He's been winning clean on title defenses most of his reign, and now all of a sudden he can't win clean because he's heel? Give me a break. You're better off making him look great for the Rock in January.

Instead of creative counting days and mentioning statistics of how long the fucking reign is maybe they should focus on making creative and interesting storylines and plots, because this whole days as WWE champion bullshit is only weakening the reign. Make it interesting. I can't remember one reign in history where they went apeshit about the numebr of days week after week after week.

Which is one of the reasons I really, really like the idea of the Shield. A simple yet effective rebellious stable almost certain to bring ratings up. The new evil force of the company. Hope WWE doesn't fuck this up and use them to put guys over.

Cena possibly winning Dolph's MITB briefcase at TLC, no surprise there. It's not that they don't know what to do with Ziggler at this point, he's clearly championship material, but it's just not the right time right now. It's Royal Rumble/Wrestlemania time, and Cena losing his first briefcase and now possibly getting another might make for an interesting plot.

Then again, they could undo this by handing Cena the briefcase and having Ziggler win the RR, since Cena's already won one already. I'm sure Ziggler is ready to main event Wrestlemania for the world title.

Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 02:44 PM Reply

At 12/7/12 03:33 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Agreed. Ryback is certainly not a Goldberg ripoff. I can see why people might think that, because it has been quite a while since we have had a wrestler with that It factor to them. I mean, just look at how popular Ryback got in such a short time frame.

One other thing, Goldberg is not the first one to put on a dominant win streak. That being said, the fact that Ryback is being compared to such is because they look alike and both have win streaks. If you really visualize it, though, Ryback is his own character, as is Goldberg.

boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 8th, 2012 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 01:29 PM, bhsqad15 wrote: Shouldn't CM punk vacate the title because he is injured?

Typically that would probably happen, but after the build up to the Royal Rumble match and the constant reminder of how long Punk's reign is, they want to keep it on him at least until the Rumble.

I find interesting that Punk was injured at the same point in his reign as Cena did back when he had the belt for a year.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 10th, 2012 @ 06:20 PM Reply

I always thought Goldberg was overhyped. Sure he was able to draw a crowd so I'm not going to take that away from him but on a skill level he didn't impress me much. And while I'm not one to hold a grudge and it was an accident he is still the guy who forced Brett Hart to retire due to an injury.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 12:11 AM Reply

At 12/10/12 06:20 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I always thought Goldberg was overhyped. Sure he was able to draw a crowd so I'm not going to take that away from him but on a skill level he didn't impress me much. And while I'm not one to hold a grudge and it was an accident he is still the guy who forced Brett Hart to retire due to an injury.

Yeah, it bothers me how guys with real talent like Rey Mysterio always wrestled midcard while Nash and Goldberg were at the top of the card in WCW.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 12/10/12 06:20 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I always thought Goldberg was overhyped. Sure he was able to draw a crowd so I'm not going to take that away from him but on a skill level he didn't impress me much. And while I'm not one to hold a grudge and it was an accident he is still the guy who forced Brett Hart to retire due to an injury.

He was a great athlete but a terrible in-ring performer. I felt like he couldn't put together a match for his life. He also never put anyone over. I think Ryback was being completely truthful and hoenst in his comments towards Goldberg when he said that Goldberg only wrestled for a paycheck - you knew that he didn't really give a shit about the company and only went in there to get his paycheck and leave.

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 11th, 2012 @ 03:05 PM Reply

At 12/8/12 02:44 PM, Piemix wrote: If you really visualize it, though, Ryback is his own character, as is Goldberg.

Yes! Thank You!

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
CanYouBreakTheCode
CanYouBreakTheCode
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 08:27 AM Reply

Can someone tell me why is randy orton a mid carder, Back then he was beating john cena for the WWE title but now he is losing to guys like dolph ziggler and wade barrett

boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 11:15 AM Reply

At 12/12/12 08:27 AM, CanYouBreakTheCode wrote: Can someone tell me why is randy orton a mid carder, Back then he was beating john cena for the WWE title but now he is losing to guys like dolph ziggler and wade barrett

He was suspended for sixty days after his second violation of the wellness policy, one more and he'll be fired. Also, he has become pretty stale as a face, a heel turn might help him out.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 12/12/12 08:27 AM, CanYouBreakTheCode wrote: Can someone tell me why is randy orton a mid carder, Back then he was beating john cena for the WWE title but now he is losing to guys like dolph ziggler and wade barrett

I didn't think they ever made him lose. It seems like he can't stop winning.

At 12/12/12 11:15 AM, boloneyman wrote: He was suspended for sixty days after his second violation of the wellness policy, one more and he'll be fired. Also, he has become pretty stale as a face, a heel turn might help him out.

He was always stale to me. I never saw anything special or unique in him.

let's all go absolutely crazy when he hits an RKO in midair for the 266th time everybody and act like it never happened before
bhsqad15
bhsqad15
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 12th, 2012 @ 07:41 PM Reply

Ryback beat Alberto Del rRo on main event

Next week Kane vs Cody Rhodes on main event

8-25-11 = The birth of canas day

BBS Signature
TERMINATORINNC
TERMINATORINNC
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 15th, 2012 @ 01:58 AM Reply

My predictions for the TLC ppv

Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield (Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match)
Team Hell no and Ryback because all want a piece of the Shield clowns

John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler (Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank contract)
I think Dolph Ziggler will Cash in his MITB before this match starts therefore canceling it

World Heavyweight Champion Big Show vs. Sheamus (Chairs Match)
With the above being said I think this match will turn into a triple threat or fatal 4 way for the title with either Cena and/or Ziggler joining in

Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston vs. Wade Barrett
Kofi for his quickness and that Trouble in Paradise is an evil move

U.S. Champion Antonio Cesaro vs. R-Truth
Antonio cause Truth will be too worried about dancing and trying to find Little Jimmy

Rey Mysterio & Sin Cara vs. Team Rhodes Scholars
Mysterio/Cara. If they can get their quickness and agility into play Rhodes Scholars wont have a chance.

"SantaâEUTMs Helper" No. 1 ContenderâEUTMs Diva Battle Royal
Not sure Who all is in this but by what I can see either Layla or Tamina cause they are the only ones with any skill what so ever.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 15th, 2012 @ 02:16 AM Reply

At 12/15/12 01:58 AM, TERMINATORINNC wrote: My predictions for the TLC ppv

let me make my predictions, then

No winner (Funaki interferes)

John Cena vs. Dolph Ziggler (Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship Money in the Bank contract)

No winner (Funaki interferes and takes the MITB contract)

No winner (Funaki Interferes)

Kane

SCTE3
SCTE3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Musician
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 15th, 2012 @ 06:33 PM Reply

Saw this McDonald's advert and the first thing I'm wonder is why they were allowed to use Yoshi Tasu's theme to promote something non-WWE related.

Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 15th, 2012 @ 10:08 PM Reply

At 12/15/12 01:58 AM, TERMINATORINNC wrote: My predictions for the TLC ppv

The shield over Team Hell No

Cena over Ziggler

Big Show over Sheamus

Kofi Kingston over Barrett

Cesaro vs. R-Truth

Rhodes Scholars

Who fucking cares

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 02:59 PM Reply

At 12/16/12 03:58 AM, Austerity wrote: I haven't watched WWE since Wrestlemania. Apparently Vince came back, can someone update me on what's been going on with him this year storywise?

All I remember is him watching Punk backhand a fan in the crowd

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 16th, 2012 @ 09:28 PM Reply

At 12/15/12 02:16 AM, mothballs wrote:
Team Hell No & Ryback vs. The Shield (TLC Match)

No winner (Funaki interferes and takes the MITB contract)

No winner (Funaki Interferes)

"Santa's Helper" No. 1 Contender's Diva Battle Royal
Kane

*laughs ass off, especially at the last line*

If there were a way to vote on posts, this would get a 5 right now.

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 17th, 2012 @ 08:35 PM Reply

Fifteen minutes in, and we get the return of one of the last guys I'd expected to see again, worms in hand & clock cracked over skull............

Kinda funny when it was Booker who got him back in the 2nd time, iirc.

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 21st, 2012 @ 04:41 AM Reply

At 12/16/12 09:28 PM, Swackman wrote: *laughs ass off, especially at the last line*

If there were a way to vote on posts, this would get a 5 right now.

Wahahaha. Thank you sir. But I was being serious :( god damn I suck at predictions

At 12/17/12 08:35 PM, Swackman wrote: Fifteen minutes in, and we get the return of one of the last guys I'd expected to see again, worms in hand & clock cracked over skull............

Kinda funny when it was Booker who got him back in the 2nd time, iirc.

I was surprised as hell to see him come back. I wonder if he'll start to wrestle again, that would be pretty cool.

Piemix
Piemix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 22nd, 2012 @ 02:09 AM Reply

This thread is fucking dead. Seriously.

At 8/2/11 03:01 PM, Swackman wrote: Ziggler hasn't been doing much with the title as of late, and he seriously needs to drop Vickie soon

And so he finally did. I'm liking this whole AJ girlfriend with a big intimidating bodyguard (Langston) group. It's making me hate heels, which is what makes me root for the babyfaces, which is what makes a good product.

Shield is great, champions are great.

Keep it up WWE. Hope for a great 2013.

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 07:15 PM Reply

It's deader than it should be, that's for sure.

A few quick comments:

First off, on top of not expecting to ever see Boogeyman again, I wasn't expecting to see Dreamer ever step foot in there again. But there he was, and 'HE'S STILL GOT IT! CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP'.

Uh, did they turn Del Rio face w/o any explanation? Or was it explained during TLC? I know he'd been a face prior to the WWE, but it'll still take some getting used to. Given how Ricardo got mauled by The Shield, I can only assume he'll join the fight out of revenge.

Oh lordy.....now R-Truth's part of Hell No? It only gets loonier & loonier.....and I'm lovin' it.

By the way, regarding The Shield, I know some of ya have been wondering why that name was chosen; ain't it obvious? I'm willing to bet it was Punk's idea; we all know he's a comic book nerd, and that he loves to weave references into whatever plot he's currently in, so this has got to be the case.

On the members themselves, damn, they've really been given the ball, here! And doing a fantastic job! Now, if they don't get 'Nexus-ed' suddenly, this is going to be very enjoyable. I have to wonder if they were created as an answer to TNA's Aces & Eights and/or, to a lesser extent, ROH's Scum?

Glad to see Cody back, just because that injury could've been far worse than it was. I mean, that was one fucked up landing he had; he could've broken his neck that way.

I was worried at first that Ryback's noted tendency to go overboard caused Punk's injury, but he's apparently been working on a bum knee for a lot longer than I realized, so obviously it was gonna catch up with him sooner or later. It goes a long way to show the audience how seriously he takes his profession. All that being said, however, the fact that they had him keep the title when pretty much EVERYBODY ELSE had to drop the title in such situations - including HIMSELF on a previous occasion, if I'm not mistaken - is more than a little out-of-place.

Very interesting how the AJ/Dolph/Cena thing has gone; rather glad Dolph is finally with someone other than Vickie. I like how they tied the earlier thing w/ the bows into it by having her be the one who actually made em.

As for Langston, yeah, he's huge, but he's currently displaying all the charisma of a paperweight, so that's gonna hurt his chances of getting very far.

TttT was fun as always, although Miz' segment w/ a certain Muppet duo was stretching it a tad. Granted, it was merely a segue for Sandow to step in & say 'THIS IS IDIOTIC!', but yeah. Still, anyone speaking ill of The Muppets should burn in hell for blasphemy. Just sayin'. :P The bit w/ Bryan & Animal (Muppet, not Road Warrior) was hilarious, esp. when the goat Muppet walked in & went "Cousin Daniel?"........lololololol.

Impact:

It's still gonna take some getting used to calling Luke 'DoC',but I love what they've done with him; he's gotten to do far more in a couple of months than WWE let him do in a couple of YEARS. That's reeeeeally saying somethin'.

Like I figured after seeing the clips from his Crowning Moment of Awesome at the PPV, it appears that the direction they're going w/ Joseph Park is 'he slowly realizes he is the brother he was looking for'.........the question is, how will they explain it? Brainwashing in an attempt to make him normal, perhaps?

The matches with Christian Yorke have basically told me TNA realized they fucked up letting him go all those years ago, and now they're trying to make up for lost time; they wouldn't stick him in a match with their champ ON THE FIRST NIGHT BACK IN if that wasn't the case. When he pulled the Twist of Fate on Jeff, I was immediately sold on the guy. If they're gonna do anything big with him, though, they'd best not wait too long - he's only got a few good years left on him; luckily, they seem to be quite aware of that.

Looks like we're probably gonna end up with Bully/Hogan eventually, but it's actually hard to entirely tell how anything will play out with these storylines.............which is what I like about it.

ROH was just a 'Best Of' show this time, so not much to say. Although last week, Mike Mondo addressed the crowd, mentioning whatever his old gimmick was (either WWE or TNA; never specified) and how much it sucked; I can't remember anyone of his size in a green jumpsuit, though.....so who the hell was he? It's been bugging me all week!

Swackman
Swackman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 24th, 2012 @ 08:08 PM Reply

We have the makings for a new Christmas song:

'Santa got run over by Del Rio........'

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 02:40 AM Reply

At 12/24/12 07:15 PM, Swackman wrote: First off, on top of not expecting to ever see Boogeyman again, I wasn't expecting to see Dreamer ever step foot in there again. But there he was, and 'HE'S STILL GOT IT! CLAP CLAP CLAP-CLAP-CLAP'.

It was a nice surprise that's for sure. I also liked that they then used that to give The Shield more heat.

Uh, did they turn Del Rio face w/o any explanation?

Then apparently turned him heel again last night....

Or was it explained during TLC?

Nope, he just came out and took exception to 3MB.

I know he'd been a face prior to the WWE, but it'll still take some getting used to. Given how Ricardo got mauled by The Shield, I can only assume he'll join the fight out of revenge.

The problem is his character isn't really built to be a face. When has there ever been a "rich guy" babyface in wrestling? It's a predominantly blue collar audience, someone who flaunts wealth is not predisposed to get over with that audience.

By the way, regarding The Shield, I know some of ya have been wondering why that name was chosen; ain't it obvious? I'm willing to bet it was Punk's idea; we all know he's a comic book nerd, and that he loves to weave references into whatever plot he's currently in, so this has got to be the case.

I haven't heard of this being Punk's idea.

On the members themselves, damn, they've really been given the ball, here! And doing a fantastic job! Now, if they don't get 'Nexus-ed' suddenly, this is going to be very enjoyable. I have to wonder if they were created as an answer to TNA's Aces & Eights and/or, to a lesser extent, ROH's Scum?

It's very possible. They certainly have been paying attention to TNA of late, and in general this seems to be a good sign that they are finally understanding the need to get new talent over post haste.

I was worried at first that Ryback's noted tendency to go overboard caused Punk's injury, but he's apparently been working on a bum knee for a lot longer than I realized, so obviously it was gonna catch up with him sooner or later. It goes a long way to show the audience how seriously he takes his profession. All that being said, however, the fact that they had him keep the title when pretty much EVERYBODY ELSE had to drop the title in such situations - including HIMSELF on a previous occasion, if I'm not mistaken - is more than a little out-of-place.

Who would fight the Rock at the Rumble who would do as good a job? Answer is no one, so it absolutely should stay put.

Very interesting how the AJ/Dolph/Cena thing has gone; rather glad Dolph is finally with someone other than Vickie. I like how they tied the earlier thing w/ the bows into it by having her be the one who actually made em.

He needed to be away from Vickie awhile ago, Vickie should be sort of a gateway for young heels on their way up and developing. Dolph hasn't needed the association with her for at least a year now. Really enjoying the Edge/Lita vibe this early AJ/Ziggler stuff is giving off. If you're going to copy, copy things that worked.

As for Langston, yeah, he's huge, but he's currently displaying all the charisma of a paperweight, so that's gonna hurt his chances of getting very far.

They need to stop bringing guys up purely based on look.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
DemonicDragon93
DemonicDragon93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Animator
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club Dec. 26th, 2012 @ 11:56 PM Reply

I like Anti-hero's in the WWE for some reason. It's kind of fun to see what they will do everyweek Like austin used to. Do you think Randy Orton still has his Anti-hero aspect since the days of evolution?

Tired of the same old Dragonball Z Fight movies. Then check out A Goomba's life. A Sprite Style sitcom comedy. Go ahead don't be afraid.

BBS Signature