00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twinkle123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,512,371 Views | 29,928 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-16 16:41:33

Watching the Cruiserweight Classic.

They've got time limits. I hope this is something they're trialling ahead of bringing it back onto the main roster shows, like they did with dropping the "diva" moniker on NXT. I'd always prefer a time limit draw to a double countout or DQ or any other non-finish. Imagine how much cooler Cena's open challenge matches would have been if rather than taking him to the limit, then losing, Zayn or Cesaro or whoever had taken him to a time limit draw?

Also watched episodes 2 and 3 of WCPW.

Think it's Miller who was ruining commentary, because 3 (which didn't have him) was still poor, but nowhere near as bad as 1 and 2.

Bought tickets to their two August shows. £40 for two nights of wrestling, plus a Q&A with Eric Bischoff, is pretty good.

Formerly TheMaster | PSN: Absurd-Ditties | Steam | Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-16 19:34:01

The last Smackdown on Thursday was not the best. Its too bad that they went out with a whimper instead of a bang. Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens had a match that quickly became a tag team match. Plenty of RAW rewinds, but nothing that special. On Tuesday, making Smackdown live and the brand split should be very interesting.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-16 20:59:38

Draft call up predictions, then? Probably see a few to help pad out the two rosters.

Highly likely:
Hideo Itami - he's healthy again and has been wrestling house shows, but has not appeared on TV. Makes sense for him to bypass an NXT return and come straight to Raw or Smackdown.
American Alpha - they're out of the title picture and having their match with the Authors of Pain next week. Their NXT run seems to be wrapping up.

Likely:
Finn Balor - he's been the face of NXT for ages now, and the only reason I can see for him not being called up already was it would have left a void in the top babyface spot in that brand. A void that is now filled quite nicely by Shinsuke Nakamura.
Bayley - Also WELL overdue a call up, and similar to Finn had carried the women's division after Sasha, Charlotte and Becky were called up. With Asuka in that spot now only reason I could see to hold off is if they're going to bring her in to face Sasha, and want to put the belt on her first.
Nia Jax - would shake up the women's division and after a string of lost feuds she feels about done in NXT. Still green, but perfectly decent at this point.
Mojo Rawley - tag division needs more talent. As much as I hate them, might as well stick the Hype Bros in there.

Possible:
Samoa Joe - he's a main event level talent, but is currently champion, and is hardly a Vince McMahon sort of guy.
Austin Aries - another guy who could have debuted on the main roster. Will depend on who else comes up as they can't afford to deplete NXT of all it's top talent.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-18 12:44:26

I don't watch nor do I care about TNA so I have no idea what's all this hubbub about Jeff vs Matt is all about but apparently WWE copied something they did. I thought it was damn stupid to actually have the New Day stand a chance against the Wyatts and then at the end have them be at an advantage against the Family. I can't shake it out of my head that they're a comedy team and being treated so strongly, but wouldn't it do better for the belts if some actual intimidating teams held the belts for a looooooooong time? The Wyatts for one would be great for a year-long run, they could even switch around the people holding it when Luke comes back, maybe claiming that ot belngs to the family and not just two of it's members or fucking Ascension would be a better pick if they're even still around, just let them go back to their badass NXT personas.

"Till one day, that lion gets up and tears the shit out of everybody."

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-18 13:01:54

I have a sinking feeling that Dean Ambrose is losing his championship tonight...

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-18 13:09:38

At 7/18/16 01:01 PM, ZJ wrote: I have a sinking feeling that Dean Ambrose is losing his championship tonight...

He has to lose it, so he can get a chance to win it again.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-18 14:08:35

At 7/18/16 01:09 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 7/18/16 01:01 PM, ZJ wrote: I have a sinking feeling that Dean Ambrose is losing his championship tonight...
He has to lose it, so he can get a chance to win it again.

Either that or it ends in a DQ. I could see Rollins trying to take Dean out with weapons to weaken him before Battleground.

Whatever happens, they do need to make the animosity between Seth and Dean stronger to keep selling the PPV match since Roman isn't around.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-18 23:15:20

RAW started off slow, but the ending was great. Micky Foley was picked for RAW, and Daniel Bryant picked for Smackdown. I did predict that Bryant would be picked. They are both about the same , neither one is that good. There was a 12 man tag match that ended with The Club defeating John Cena. Rollins vs. Ambrose for the title was the main event. There was a questionable ending due to a ref bump, but Rollins walked out the Champion. How long that will last will remain to be seen.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 07:51:39

Not sure about Foley as GM. I love the guy, but how can it feel like anything but a shoddy redo of his flawless Comissioner run in 2000?

Bryan is an amazing choice. Guy is just so passionate, and everyone adores him. Him and Mauro on the CWC commentary have been fantastic.

Also bought tickets for Shug's Hoose Party III, so that's one ICW show, two WCPW shows, a Raw and a Smackdown I've got lined up for this year, with one WCPW, one NXT and one WWE houseshow I've already been to. I am going to too much wrestling.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 11:16:26

At 7/19/16 07:51 AM, TheMaster wrote: Not sure about Foley as GM. I love the guy, but how can it feel like anything but a shoddy redo of his flawless Comissioner run in 2000?

Bryan is an amazing choice. Guy is just so passionate, and everyone adores him. Him and Mauro on the CWC commentary have been fantastic.

Also bought tickets for Shug's Hoose Party III, so that's one ICW show, two WCPW shows, a Raw and a Smackdown I've got lined up for this year, with one WCPW, one NXT and one WWE houseshow I've already been to. I am going to too much wrestling.

You can never go to enough wrestling shows.

As for the WWE Title situation, Ambrose is still the champ. On the Network the match was ruled a draw, so Dean is still champ.

Also, this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl3CjAxTJT4&feature=youtu.be

Rematch on SD.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 12:30:33

At 7/19/16 07:51 AM, TheMaster wrote: Not sure about Foley as GM. I love the guy, but how can it feel like anything but a shoddy redo of his flawless Comissioner run in 2000?

Foley was famous for falling off Hell in the Cell. His wrestling career was average.

Bryan is an amazing choice. Guy is just so passionate, and everyone adores him.

Bryan really didn't do anything that amazing. Edge or Kevin Nash would of been much better choices.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 14:57:54

At 7/19/16 12:30 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Foley was famous for falling off Hell in the Cell. His wrestling career was average.

Foley was world renown as a hardcore wrestling icon for years before he took the HIAC bump, had been in excellent feuds with Undertaker and Steve Austin in the WWF prior to it, and went on to have possibly the greatest programme of either man's career with The Rock in 98/99, and then legitimised HHH as a top star in 2000 with their stellar feud (particularly their match at Royal Rumble 2000).

Not only that, he was able to totally reinvent himself and his character, incorporating a good dose of humour into his routine, which combined with being one of the best talkers of all time made him an incredibly sympathetic babyface, without ever losing his hardcore edge.

He's one of the best ever. A wrestling Mt Rushmore candidate. One of the toughest, and THE funniest man to ever get in a ring.

Bryan really didn't do anything that amazing. Edge or Kevin Nash would of been much better choices.

He's literally the best in ring worker of his generation, is an amazingly over talent who connected with the fans like no one has in years, and on top of it all is a genuinely good human being. Edge is past it if The Edge and Christian Show is anything to go by and Nash was always shite.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 15:30:56

Foley was kind of a surprise pick to me. I kind of expected RAW to stick with more of a heel GM, just because they love the Boss vs Employee angle so fucking much.

I'm still on the fence with just how good he'll be in the role. His success when he was the commissioner was really because of how well he meshed with the main roster guys of the time. Guys he used to work and travel with on a regular basis. His humor is really that of an out-of-touch uncle, and he could fall flat for a while until he builds a rapport with whoever's on the RAW roster.

Bryan has been such a goofball babyface for so long, you would think he'll be all about pandering and awkward YES promos, but he does have a pretty good record as being a hard ass, right to business figure when he needs to be. And really, he can't be any worse than Teddy Long was, and that dude was GM for like... forever.

BEHIND the camera, I think they bring a LOT to the table as far as helping develop the newer talent. Both Foley and Bryan were the guys of their respective eras that the establishment didn't find main-event worthy, but got so over with the crowd there was no choice but to push them to the top. Hell, Foley's push may very well been what ultimately won the Monday Night wars.

Foley and Bryan also share a lot in common with their pre-WWE careers. Foley is one of the first names that come up when ECW veterans talk about the guys that pushed them from being generic indy talent to genuine superstars. You'll often hear younger indie guys say the exact same thing about Brian Danielson. He had a huge hand in making ROH one of the top independent promotions. Both of those guys had a history of working with other wrestlers to be the best, not burying new blood to keep their insecure spots like your Kevin Nashes and Hulk Hogans.

At the end of the day, if each GM doesn't monopolize TV time, and the in-ring product gets stronger, I think things will work out great for the fans. Just the fact the cruiser weight division is back shows they are legitimately trying to win back WRESTLING fans and putting a bit less stock in the variety show side.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 15:39:35

At 7/19/16 02:57 PM, TheMaster wrote:
At 7/19/16 12:30 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Foley was world renown as a hardcore wrestling icon for years before he took the HIAC bump, had been in excellent feuds with Undertaker and Steve Austin in the WWF prior to it, and went on to have possibly the greatest programme of either man's career with The Rock in 98/99, and then legitimised HHH as a top star in 2000 with their stellar feud (particularly their match at Royal Rumble 2000).

I strongly disagree. Foley was always out of shape and annoying. I would change the channel when he came on. Especially, his stupid personalities. Dude Love, really?

combined with being one of the best talkers of all time made

Who said that? He was an okay talker at best.

He's one of the best ever. A wrestling Mt Rushmore candidate. One of the toughest, and THE funniest man to ever get in a ring.

Are you related to him? Seriously, they guy was average at best.

He's literally the best in ring worker of his generation,

Where are you getting this stuff? He married a total diva , and ran around saying "yes" and sometimes " no ".

Edge is past it if The Edge and Christian Show is anything to go by and Nash was always shite.

Nash is amazing. If only Scott Steiner could host the other show.

Hopefully, They do not show Foley or Bryan very often. I would rather see, Steph and Shane argue.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 16:27:35

At 7/19/16 03:39 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I strongly disagree. Foley was always out of shape and annoying. I would change the channel when he came on. Especially, his stupid personalities. Dude Love, really?

Dude Love has the greatest theme music of all time, and his titantron makes me laugh every time I see it. It's an ace character, and his feud with Austin in 98 is one of my favourites.

As far as being in shape goes, being an average Joe and a bit of a slob was literally the appeal of the character. He was the every man, the underdog. He talks in his books about being ribbed whenever he worked out because he'd ruin his gimmick if he lost too much weight.

With changing the channel, you're demonstrably in the minority here, as the announcement that Foley was to win the title in 99 resulted in people turning over from Nitro in droves to see it (choosing to watch that over Hulk Hogan vs Kevin Nash, by the way). It was literally the turning point of the Monday Night Wars. WCW never beat them in the ratings again after that.

He can do comedy (The Rock's "This is Your Life" segment), badass, babyface fire (Cactus Jack return vs HHH in 2000) and heartbreaking tragedy ("Dad, I didn't tap out" at Survivor Series 98, "You'll have to kill me" at Royal Rumble 99). Fuck, watch ANY promo from late 98 onwards, and it'll be solid gold.

Widely regarded, both by fans and insiders, as one of the best ever. Listen to anyone in the business speak about him.

Where are you getting this stuff? He married a total diva , and ran around saying "yes" and sometimes " no ".

I watched his matches? The stuff he did with guys like CM Punk and The Shield, or his stuff with guys like Morishima, Kenta, Chris Hero or Samoa Joe in ROH was must watch TV. There is no one better in the ring.

Kevin Nash is an insecure prick who only cares about Kevin Nash, never wrestled a good match in his career, and maintained his spot by politicking and backstabbing. Both Bryan and Foley kept their spots because the fans refused to have it any other way.

Hopefully, They do not show Foley or Bryan very often. I would rather see, Steph and Shane argue.

McMahon infighting was stale 15 years ago. Do something new. It's why I'd rather not see Foley as GM. He's already done it, and done it the best it was ever done. Do something different, don't rehash what worked before.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 16:43:07

At 7/19/16 04:27 PM, TheMaster wrote: Dude Love has the greatest theme music of all time, and his titantron makes me laugh every time I see it. It's an ace character, and his feud with Austin in 98 is one of my favourites.

It is okay if you like him, I do not.

As far as being in shape goes, being an average Joe and a bit of a slob was literally the appeal of the character. He was the every man, the underdog. He talks in his books about being ribbed whenever he worked out because he'd ruin his gimmick if he lost too much weight.

I can understand that people like an every man, underdog.

With changing the channel, you're demonstrably in the minority here, as the announcement that Foley was to win the title in 99 resulted in people turning over from Nitro in droves to see it (choosing to watch that over Hulk Hogan vs Kevin Nash, by the way). It was literally the turning point of the Monday Night Wars. WCW never beat them in the ratings again after that.

That is true. The Monday night wars were a great time. I was on team WCW.

He can do comedy (The Rock's "This is Your Life" segment), badass, babyface fire (Cactus Jack return vs HHH in 2000) and heartbreaking tragedy ("Dad, I didn't tap out" at Survivor Series 98, "You'll have to kill me" at Royal Rumble 99). Fuck, watch ANY promo from late 98 onwards, and it'll be solid gold.

I understand that some fans might like him, but I do not.

Widely regarded, both by fans and insiders, as one of the best ever. Listen to anyone in the business speak about him.

I do not get why people like him so much, but I feel the same way about the Usos. Not everybody likes the same wrestlers.

I watched his matches? The stuff he did with guys like CM Punk and The Shield, or his stuff with guys like Morishima, Kenta, Chris Hero or Samoa Joe in ROH was must watch TV. There is no one better in the ring.

I think his small height and cruiser weight moves were lost on me.

Kevin Nash is an insecure prick who only cares about Kevin Nash, never wrestled a good match in his career, and maintained his spot by politicking and backstabbing.

I highly disagree. He was good as Diesel, but much better as Hall and Nash in WCW's invasion angle.

McMahon infighting was stale 15 years ago.

That is true.

Do something new. It's why I'd rather not see Foley as GM. Do something different, don't rehash what worked before.

They could of chosen Corporate Kane, he would make a great choice.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-19 23:47:02

The first Tuesday Smackdown was very disappointing. They made up all these rules for the draft, and then did not follow them. Raw drafted the New Day , three people, which should of gave SD two picks. However, it was all back and forth. The main event was a repeat from RAW.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-20 01:00:57

At 7/20/16 12:25 AM, ArmisseaFirst wrote:
At 7/19/16 11:47 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: The first Tuesday Smackdown was very disappointing. They made up all these rules for the draft, and then did not follow them. Raw drafted the New Day , three people, which should of gave SD two picks. However, it was all back and forth. The main event was a repeat from RAW.
Yeah I found it to be a snoozefest IMO I think its gonna be a bigger failure then ECW or the Alliance Storyline

We can only blame the manager of Smackdown, Daniel Bryant. Did he really let everybody down? Yes! Yes!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-21 10:41:50

Draft was a disapointment.

Don't think either the women's or tag divisions have the depth to survive being split in two. Bringing up Alexa Bliss, Nia Jax and Carmella definitely helps, as does bringing up American Alpha and (presumably with Mojo called) The Hype Bros, but it's not enough.

I'd have stuck the Cruiserweight and Women's divisions on Raw, and the tag on Smackdown.

Also instead of calling up Eva Marie I'd have fired her. Out of a cannon. Into the sun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-22 22:10:20

At 7/19/16 03:39 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I strongly disagree. Foley was always out of shape and annoying. I would change the channel when he came on. Especially, his stupid personalities. Dude Love, really?

Dude Love was bad, but everything else was excellent. Foley's psychology was amazing, his promos were great, and he was maybe the first guy to really give The Undertaker some good matches and completely revitalized him.

Are you trolling? Or do you just not understand wrestling?

I'll repeat the above question.

Again, trolling or don't understand the business? Bryan was Chris Benoit without the murder. The guy was not a spectacular talker, but he didn't have to be, just needed to get the point across and because he came off as "real" and people could see how hard he was working they got behind him.

Amazing talker, amazing mind for the business, shit in ring worker, never a guy who would have matches you'd be dying to go back and watch.

Yup, don't understand wrestling, ok then.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-22 22:29:41

That post about Foley/Bryan... The hell? Take all of Foley's matches away, and you still have one of the better talkers in the history of professional wrestling. And Bryan despite being retired is STILL one of the most popular guys in WWE, hell, he's more popular than someone like Roman Reigns who WWE is (Or was, I guess) in love with.. Oh yeah, Daniel is also the best pure in-ring performer of the last 16 years.

Anyways, SD still feels like the B show (Its Ambrose, Styles, Cena, Orton and everyone else), and I really don't see the brand split being a long term thing.

Not sure if this was posted, but this is Cesaro's promo after being drafted. I've heard it was a shoot, but then WWE posted it on its Youtube page (Which males me think it was planned).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dV_z4Vy0xQ

And last, but not least. Is anyone watching the Cruiserweight Classic? Its only two weeks in and its already given me two fun hours of wrestling, and probably the best announcing out of any show under the WWE banner (Courtesy of the duo of Bryan/Mauro). Not to mention seeing the likes of TJP and Kota Ibushi in a WWE ring which is just crazy.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-23 00:18:30

At 7/22/16 10:29 PM, pepeatumi wrote: That post about Foley/Bryan... The hell? Take all of Foley's matches away, and you still have one of the better talkers in the history of professional wrestling. And Bryan despite being retired is STILL one of the most popular guys in WWE, hell, he's more popular than someone like Roman Reigns who WWE is (Or was, I guess) in love with.. Oh yeah, Daniel is also the best pure in-ring performer of the last 16 years.

I personally dislike Foley and Bryan. I had no idea everybody else loves them so much. I also dislike Chris Benoit. I would go back and discuss each post, but due to new rules that is forbidden. Who knew? lol

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-24 12:19:34

At 7/23/16 12:18 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I personally dislike Foley and Bryan. I had no idea everybody else loves them so much.

I just don't understand how anybody who claims to be a fan of pro wrestling can dislike two guys that in different ways are textbook examples of how to get over and be assets to a promotion.

I also dislike Chris Benoit.

Well, there's good reasons to dislike Benoit...

I would go back and discuss each post, but due to new rules that is forbidden. Who knew? lol

What new rule is this? I've never heard of it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-24 12:33:58

At 7/22/16 10:29 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Anyways, SD still feels like the B show (Its Ambrose, Styles, Cena, Orton and everyone else), and I really don't see the brand split being a long term thing.

They can't gut RAW, it makes too much money for the company. I thought SD! did very well for the idea their trying to present of it being the underdog show where newer talent will be able to have an opportunity to get over, and mishandled talent might be able to shake off some of the dirt and be revitalized. The only negative for me is if WWE decides to leave the titles as they are, and exclusive to the shows they were drafted to, that would put SD! at a real disadvantage and create no logical "finale" or "goal" if you're a woman or a tag team on that brand because you'd have nothing to fight for.

Not sure if this was posted, but this is Cesaro's promo after being drafted. I've heard it was a shoot, but then WWE posted it on its Youtube page (Which males me think it was planned).

If it was a shoot and they weren't happy with it, it wouldn't be up there, yeah. My sincere hope is that this is the start of a renewed push for him and an angle that can finally give him the real chance he deserves to show how far he can go.

And last, but not least. Is anyone watching the Cruiserweight Classic? Its only two weeks in and its already given me two fun hours of wrestling, and probably the best announcing out of any show under the WWE banner (Courtesy of the duo of Bryan/Mauro). Not to mention seeing the likes of TJP and Kota Ibushi in a WWE ring which is just crazy.

Been absolutely loving the CWC and I really hope that when they bring this over to RAW (I've heard some of these guys will be signed, will be interesting to see which ones) that they keep up this very similar style and pace of things and just add some good storylines to it (which was where WCW ultimately fell on it's ass with the Cruisers, and WWE did too in it's prior incarnation of the division).

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-24 12:48:34

At 7/24/16 12:19 PM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 7/23/16 12:18 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I personally dislike Foley and Bryan. I had no idea everybody else loves them so much.
I just don't understand how anybody who claims to be a fan of pro wrestling can dislike two guys that in different ways are textbook examples of how to get over and be assets to a promotion.

I find Chris Jericho, Randy Orten, and Brock Lesnar to be better than Foley or Bryan.

I also dislike Chris Benoit.
Well, there's good reasons to dislike Benoit...

I was never a fan of his even before his sad ending.

I would go back and discuss each post, but due to new rules that is forbidden. Who knew? lol
What new rule is this? I've never heard of it.

A flightless bird on a pole informed me that if you reply to an older post you will be in trouble. He has been known to go out of his way to get me.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-24 13:24:01

At 7/24/16 12:48 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I find Chris Jericho, Randy Orten, and Brock Lesnar to be better than Foley or Bryan.

By what metric? I'm curious. Because I can see some areas where they may appeal more, and in some cases draw more money overall. But just because you like somebody better, or you can find some metrics to say those people may be "better" it doesn't justify the point you were trying to say that those guys are no good.

I was never a fan of his even before his sad ending.

That's not a word I'd use. What he did was tragic for his victims and their families, I believe it's also horrible and sad for his family that he stained them, and they have to live with what he did. But for him? No sympathy, a cowardly monster who did horrible things that weekend and then refused to stand and face his just punishment.

A flightless bird on a pole informed me that if you reply to an older post you will be in trouble.

No, that's not true. If you reply to an older post or "necro bump" an older post or topic with something that doesn't add to or reignite the discussion, you'll have problems. Because we don't want to see a situation where good topics have a harder time getting a foothold because of somebody just bumping a bunch of dead wood back up. Or it being a case where somebody is just trying to make their post count really high without adding anything (that's why we frown on somebody trying to have the last reply on every topic on the first page of a forum, it's usually because at some point it just became about having the stat, and not offering benefit to each topic). That's what we're trying to discourage, we want quality here, not quantity.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-24 15:12:40

At 7/24/16 01:24 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: By what metric? I'm curious. Because I can see some areas where they may appeal more, and in some cases draw more money overall. But just because you like somebody better, or you can find some metrics to say those people may be "better" it doesn't justify the point you were trying to say that those guys are no good.

Whenever I see Foley, I see a fat bearded guy. Bryan will always be a short, lanky crusierweight trying to be a heavyweight.

What he did was tragic for his victims and their families, I believe it's also horrible and sad for his family that he stained them, and they have to live with what he did. But for him? No sympathy, a cowardly monster who did horrible things that weekend and then refused to stand and face his just punishment.

I agree that he what he did was terrible. It totally stained and ruined any chance of a legacy.

No, that's not true. If you reply to an older post or "necro bump" an older post or topic with something that doesn't add to or reignite the discussion, you'll have problems. Because we don't want to see a situation where good topics have a harder time getting a foothold because of somebody just bumping a bunch of dead wood back up. Or it being a case where somebody is just trying to make their post count really high without adding anything. That's what we're trying to discourage, we want quality here, not quantity.

This is probably is not the best place to discuss this. Recently, there has been a few disagreements between users and mods over being " ban happy and abuse of power. " The situation won't get better until there is a position made to monitor the mods. A person the users can go to, when they feel that they have been mistreated.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-24 16:07:34

At 7/24/16 03:12 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Whenever I see Foley, I see a fat bearded guy. Bryan will always be a short, lanky crusierweight trying to be a heavyweight.

So...the quality of their work and the reaction the audience has to them does nothing? Don't get it.

This is probably is not the best place to discuss this. Recently, there has been a few disagreements between users and mods over being " ban happy and abuse of power. " The situation won't get better until there is a position made to monitor the mods. A person the users can go to, when they feel that they have been mistreated.

It's not, no. I just meant to reply to your comment. As for the rest of it? I think a lot of the complaints, when you look at them, are from really problem users of the site that deserve what they get to be honest. The admins monitor the mods, and users should honestly go try some other forums around the net. You'd come crying back to NG and never bitch about bans and things again because NG gives you WAY more freedom then a lot of other places. Sorry, but I've been a mod for a very long time now, I don't get paid for it, nobody does, and nobody ever seems to care about the abuse and the crap I take off of people. It's a two way street but it's being treated and framed as very one way and I'm tired of it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-24 18:54:28

At 7/24/16 04:07 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: So...the quality of their work and the reaction the audience has to them does nothing? Don't get it.

Some people just rub your the wrong way, like Vicky Guerrero. She could win the Nobel Prize, and I would still dislike her.

It's not, no. I just meant to reply to your comment. As for the rest of it? I think a lot of the complaints, when you look at them, are from really problem users of the site that deserve what they get to be honest. The admins monitor the mods, and users should honestly go try some other forums around the net. You'd come crying back to NG and never bitch about bans and things again because NG gives you WAY more freedom then a lot of other places. Sorry, but I've been a mod for a very long time now, I don't get paid for it, nobody does, and nobody ever seems to care about the abuse and the crap I take off of people. It's a two way street but it's being treated and framed as very one way and I'm tired of it.

When Wade was around, things seemed better. He wasn't the best, but when I wrote him a PM he would always reply. That may not seem like much, but communication is important. I have written many mods, and have never heard back from them. You have no idea if they read, or even did anything with what you wrote. I was told that Bren-the-Man was suppose to take over for Wade, but that does not seem to be true. I can understand why users would be upset , or even leave NewGrounds forever. Especially, when you see others break the rules and never get punished. It could drive anybody off the deep end.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2016-07-24 19:19:11

At 7/24/16 06:54 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Some people just rub your the wrong way, like Vicky Guerrero. She could win the Nobel Prize, and I would still dislike her.

She's a heel. You're supposed to.

When Wade was around, things seemed better. He wasn't the best, but when I wrote him a PM he would always reply. That may not seem like much, but communication is important. I have written many mods, and have never heard back from them. You have no idea if they read, or even did anything with what you wrote. I was told that Bren-the-Man was suppose to take over for Wade, but that does not seem to be true. I can understand why users would be upset , or even leave NewGrounds forever. Especially, when you see others break the rules and never get punished. It could drive anybody off the deep end.

Well, folks do come here for the wrestling talk, not for NG politics or any of that. So I'm going to go ahead and respectfully say that I've read this, and I'll shoot you a PM later with some thoughts and we can continue our discussion that way without disrupting the flow of things here. I don't want to come off as ignoring you, but I also agree it's not in the best interest of the thread to keep an off topic tangent running.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature