00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,512,199 Views | 29,928 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-02 08:08:27

Well 2 more wrestlers make it into the MITB ladder match... MVP and Jack Swagger

Good for Swagger, I really thought he was gonna be left off the card.. but still, he has no chance of winning.. unless they've decided to give Swagger the full push..

The last 2 wrestlers will qualify on smackdown's taping tonight.. I have a feeling Ezekiel Jackson is going to be one of them.. and maybe Hardy could be the other since he has a reputation for ladder matches at WrestleMania and he's also been winning a few more matches recently.

If Ezekiel is in then I think Christian should kiss his favourite to win spot goodbye, WWE seem to be high on Jackson (Vince loves big guys) and they could very well give him the push.. But hey, nothing's happened yet so I can't really predict. Also I really though Kofi would of been in the match this year.. he was very exciting to watch last year, maybe they have plans for him.. maybe they don't?
I just hope McIntyre doesn't make it in.. Then we know who'll win for sure..

Also it's expected that ShowMiz's WrestleMania's opponents will be announced on Smackdown's taping too.. Really don't know who they'll be.. Maybe R-Truth and John Morrison?.. They seem to be at eachother's sides recently, and they would make a pretty cool tag team.

My deviantART page | My Youtube page (It got terminated)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-02 10:53:03

I'd like it if Hardy got in. He's good in those kinds of matches. As far as tag teams ShowMiz can face.. R-Truth and Morrison is a good idea though I'd like it better if they kept them in singles action. Maybe one of them could face Drew for the IC title.

I don't know how well Jackson would do in a ladder match. While I agree that he is one hell of an athlete, a ladder match might not be his kind of thing.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-02 11:58:15

At 3/2/10 08:08 AM, Random-Her03 wrote: The last 2 wrestlers will qualify on smackdown's taping tonight.. I have a feeling Ezekiel Jackson is going to be one of them.. and maybe Hardy could be the other since he has a reputation for ladder matches at WrestleMania and he's also been winning a few more matches recently.

Well, I can't see a winner in the six people in the match already, so you'd think one of the other two would be a potential winner, and they do like Zeke.

Look at who's in it now: Christian, Shelton, MVP, Swagger, Kane and Dolph. Kane won't win for obvious reasons, Dolph isn't ready, I think, and the other four are talented people that should be in the main event, but WWE have shown time and time again that they won't push. They can all be counted to put on a great match, but WWE wouldn't trust them with the briefcase.

I suppose this is the charm of MITB, because they can give the win to someone you'd never expect, and it gives WWE an opportunity to strap a rocket to someone who otherwise had no momentum.

I just hope McIntyre doesn't make it in.. Then we know who'll win for sure..

I dunno, I could see McIntyre making it in, but he's only unpinned, right? I don't think they would mind him losing a big multi man match on Wrestlemania.

Maybe Sheamus will invade SD! and make his way into the match.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-02 13:05:53

At 3/2/10 11:58 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote:
Maybe Sheamus will invade SD! and make his way into the match.

That would be awesome, but I think he might be facing off against Hunter at Wrestlemania. I didn't like him at first, but he really grew on me. I think it was that crucifix powerbomb on HHH. I still think that Morrison is prime for winning MITB.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-02 17:49:44

Shaemus vs H looks like a Mania lock.

I'm curious about MITB this year since they're going to have the PPV in May or June I think also, so it makes you wonder if the winner of the Mania match cashes in and loses before the June winner takes it and wins...or are they going to be like TNA and have two or three guys running around with briefcases to create an "anything can happen" feel? Oh well, at least in the case of if they did do that it would make more sense then the TNA match (especially since with a 1 in 4 chance of getting fired, why not just be the guy that doesn't get a briefcase period, earn a title shot a safer way).

As far as Ryder over MVP...honestly? Ryder has a lame ass gimmick and the only reason I think he got pushed on ECW was because that show had like 10 guys on it and not a lot of heels. I figured once he got to a bigger brand he'd be fucked (unless maybe he went to SD!) but ya know, there's job security in being a put over man. The guys who should really and truly be afraid are guys like his old partner Curt Hawkins who haven't been on TV in almost a year...don't answer your phone if the office calls Curt!!!!

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-03 17:00:24

Curt Hawkins is still employed??? I thought they fired him a long time ago.

That Darren Young guy.. He's got some weird looking hair. Kinda reminds me of Orlando Jordon.

So far from what I've seen on WWE.com, NXT seems to be a good idea. I hate missing this on a weekly basis. How was the show? I do know this.. If Miz keeps this up, his rookie is going to kick his ass.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-03 21:20:32

Looks like the Guest Host storyline may not be ending

Pete Rose is scheduled to host the week after Austin.. could be interesting since he has played a part in WWE before.. I wonder if Kane will show up?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-04 19:38:23

I seem to be turning into the person who reports on the heels, so if you guys didn't already know...

Randy Orton: On January 13th, a complaint of assault was filed against Randy Orton by a fifteen year old fan in Massachusetts. He said that Randy spit gum in his face and called him a "profane" word. Pfft. Who cares? The kid was probably threatening him or something. I dunno. Meh.
Sheamus: Sheamus got a concussion at the Elimination Chamber.
Chris Jericho: In the March issue, Chris'll be on the cover of Men's Fitness.
Drew McIntyre: Awww. He's engaged to Taryn Terell. They're gonna have their wedding in May. AWWWW.
CM Punk: You probably already know that he's dating Amy Dumas, AKA Lita. You may not know that he was fired from a lab somewhere for poor conduct. Also, ZOMG HE HELPED DARREN YOUNG OR WHATEVER HIS NAME IS ZOMG ZOMG
AWWWWWWW.
That's all I could really find.

Hi, I'm a teenager who draws. Call me Wocky.

My deviantArt | My Tumblr | My Pixiv

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-04 20:39:08

At 3/4/10 07:38 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote: Randy Orton: On January 13th, a complaint of assault was filed against Randy Orton by a fifteen year old fan in Massachusetts. He said that Randy spit gum in his face and called him a "profane" word. Pfft. Who cares? The kid was probably threatening him or something. I dunno. Meh.

I think all charges were subsequently dropped due to a lack of evidence. Some fans are complete tools.

Sheamus: Sheamus got a concussion at the Elimination Chamber.

Give WWE props for not sending him right back out there the next night and letting him rest up, also props for putting him in a situation to get his momentum right back.

Chris Jericho: In the March issue, Chris'll be on the cover of Men's Fitness.

I actually saw that at work the other day.

Drew McIntyre: Awww. He's engaged to Taryn Terell. They're gonna have their wedding in May. AWWWW.

Drew is hitting that? It's good to be Mr. McIntryre.

CM Punk: You probably already know that he's dating Amy Dumas, AKA Lita.

You wonder what kind of locker room conversations he, Matt Hardy, and Edge could be having right now...

You may not know that he was fired from a lab somewhere for poor conduct.

Ah yes, his "evil scientist" job as he called it that he completely fucked off it. He tells some really funny stories about that job at his various shoot interviews.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-04 21:03:39

Oh man... 4 more days until TNA starts airing on Mondays! The monday night wars are BACK, baby! Even tho TNA is nowhere near WWE levels yet, Im excited. Now that WWE has gone soft, TNA is the great alternative to the kiddie stuff on WWE nowadays, as well as their Same event matches of Cena vs Guy who's gonna lose, HHH vs Guy whos gonna lose, or Cena vs HHH.

GOOD LUCK TNA!!!!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-05 10:08:13

Guess who TNA just signed? Mr. Monday Night himself RVD. And TNA was pissed that Spike tweeted it:

ProWrestling.net is reporting that TNA officials are "fuming" mad over the fact that SpikeTV posted the Tweet confirming Rob Van Dam's signing with the company. TNA wanted RVD's debut with the company to be a surprise, and did NOT want to announce it before this Monday's live Impact broadcast, but after hearing the interview that Hulk Hogan did where he hinted at RVD signing with TNA, Spike officials jumped the gun and confirmed RVD's contract signing.

I'm going to a concert tonight and am going to miss SD. I've read the results though. Doesn't look bad at all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-05 13:47:20

This one sounds to me like a situation where TNA kind of boned themselves. If they wanted that a total surprise then they should have told Hogan to shut the fuck up, because in the age of the internet EVERYTHING is recorded and reposted, even the radio. Hogan knew what he was doing and I don't blame Spike one bit for a) thinking that if Hogan is basically announcing it, then it's fair game for them to confirm, and b) trying to drum up interest as a show that does way less viewers then RAW is about to go head to head with them for the entirety of the RAW broadcast and they want to pull out all the stops to make it a fight from the very first night.

If TNA wanted it a surprise, then it needs to be like when Angle came in, only a few people knew, and they were all sworn to absolute secrecy. This is a huge coup for TNA though. Hopefully they don't blow it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-05 17:21:49

At 3/4/10 08:39 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: I think all charges were subsequently dropped due to a lack of evidence. Some fans are complete tools.

YAAAAAAAYYY
Yes they are. I mean, who WOULDN'T want Randy Orton's gum?!

Give WWE props for not sending him right back out there the next night and letting him rest up, also props for putting him in a situation to get his momentum right back.

Woo.

I actually saw that at work the other day.

Woo.

Drew is hitting that? It's good to be Mr. McIntryre.

YOU RUINED THE "AWWWWWWWW" MOMENT! Thank's alot, Mr. Practically-Unreadable-Username.

You wonder what kind of locker room conversations he, Matt Hardy, and Edge could be having right now...

Yes, I do...every dream I have is of Matt or Edge or Matt and Edge or Matt and Edge and Jeff destroying CM Punk...

Ah yes, his "evil scientist" job as he called it that he completely fucked off it. He tells some really funny stories about that job at his various shoot interviews.

Really? I wanna heaw a stowy, pwease.

Also, a couple days ago, my friend told me that when Jeff was truly crazy, he smacked a Diva on the butt and kissed her and pushed her face first onto the ground. So I decided to investigate. Holy crap. I don't mind the kiss or smack or push, but...HE WAS MIMICKING HER. HOLY CRAP. IT WAS JUST...HOLY CRAP. JUST SEARCH FOR IT ON YOUTUBE.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-05 20:37:18

I'm watching the match between Drew Gettinmarriedsoon McIntyre and Matt Hardy, and suddenly, something hit me...
HOW IS JEFF DOING IN TNA?!?! ANSWER ME, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!
Thank you for answering me.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-05 22:03:17

At 3/5/10 08:37 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote: I'm watching the match between Drew Gettinmarriedsoon McIntyre and Matt Hardy, and suddenly, something hit me...
HOW IS JEFF DOING IN TNA?!?! ANSWER ME, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!
Thank you for answering me.

TNA is currently waiting out his legal issues and then will officially sign him up. It makes sense because why put him on tv or build around him if there's the possibility he winds up going to jail before you can finish a program with him?

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-06 12:06:16

The following is from OVWrestling.com:
WWE has recently come to terms on a Developmental Contract with OVW Superstar Asher Knight.

Not really sure who that is but hey, WWE hired someone instead of firing.

Ok so Matt Hardy is now in MITB. We have Hardy, Christian, Kane, Benjamin, Ziggler, Swagger, and MVP confirmed for the bout. There is one spot left and we now know that Morrison and R-Truth will be taking on ShowMiz for teh tag titles. That takes three away that I would have thought to be included in that match. Who do you think will get that last spot? Kofi? Bourne? Carlito? Maybe Cody Rhodes?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-06 16:22:11

Does anyone have any more info for TNA's monday night show besides a very likely RVD appearance? Id like to know what kind of ammo theyre bringing to the table for monday night.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-06 19:11:15

*ahem*
So, uh...
story from CM Punk's "evil scientist" or whatever he called it job...?
PLEASE?!?!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I NEEDS TO KNOW!!

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-07 00:30:34

At 3/6/10 07:11 PM, MaraquanWocky wrote: *ahem*
So, uh...
story from CM Punk's "evil scientist" or whatever he called it job...?
PLEASE?!?!
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, I NEEDS TO KNOW!!

Mostly he just talked about how he hated the job. Punk is a guy that the ONLY thing he ever wanted to do was wrestle, like to the exclusion of all else. So where a lot of us probably aren't doing a job we love, for Punk he just couldn't do something he wasn't not in love with. So basically he just fucked off till he got fired, like they had this thing where everybody was allowed to leave like an hour early one day a week (usually friday), Punk would just leave early EVERY DAY and shit like that. Really his best stuff is things he did in the business (I so need to find footage of that Doink battle royal he was in, if it even exists) but that was a good one.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-07 01:17:44

Caylen Croft and Trent Barreta's profiles are now on the SD! page, so it appears the tag team is now part of that brand. Think they will actually get some ring time? It hardly feels like there are any real tag teams left now. It's a shame too. Tag Team wrestling seems to be a lost and/or failing art.

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that the early plan for next year's WWE Hall of Fame is to base it on a WCW theme. Since WrestleMania is being held in Atlanta next year, which was the base of WCW operations, WWE is considering inducting names like Sting (assuming he's not working with TNA) Lex Luger, The Steiner Brothers, The Road Warriors and other notable WCW names.

Any news about next years WM is something I'm looking forward to seeing.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-07 13:33:59

At 3/7/10 12:30 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Mostly he just talked about how he hated the job. Punk is a guy that the ONLY thing he ever wanted to do was wrestle, like to the exclusion of all else. So where a lot of us probably aren't doing a job we love, for Punk he just couldn't do something he wasn't not in love with. So basically he just fucked off till he got fired, like they had this thing where everybody was allowed to leave like an hour early one day a week (usually friday), Punk would just leave early EVERY DAY and shit like that. Really his best stuff is things he did in the business (I so need to find footage of that Doink battle royal he was in, if it even exists) but that was a good one.

Punk inspires me now.
That's right, I wanna be a wrestler. Not a cartoonist, no, that is now my fallback job. I wanna be famous.
So if Punk is reading this(I really doubt it, though), thanks.
Man, am I gonna be disappointed when I grow up. :D
THANK YOU, PHILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIP.

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-09 00:05:08

TNA just started here in Phoenix!!! Jesus, I havent been this excited for wrestling since the night WWF bought WCW!

I cant wait to see if THE WHOLE FUCKIN SHOW shows tonight!!!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-09 17:07:32

That wittle speech I made was my wrestling-themed April Fool's joke. Early. If anyone thought I was serious, COME ON. CM PUNK, INSPIRING ME?! GOD.

And, the Heel Reporter has some new news.
A hint; first they got The Rock, now they got CM Punk.
Another hint; it's related to Disney.
Third hint; You're an idiot if you didn't figure it out.
*sigh*
CM Punk = the lead guy in Disney's new movie...
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
If you don't believe me...
Ugh.
Even CM Punk doesn't deserve this crap.
I hope it doesn't come out straight to DVD.

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-09 17:12:55

Ah, damned Google Images.
Forget what I just said like, 5 minutes ago.
It's not Phillllllllllllllllip.
It's some other guy.
Damn, I thought it was Punk. It sure looked like him.
I wanted to see him in a skirt. With two machetes. And a skirt.
*sigh*
I just embarassed myself.
:'(

----

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-09 18:59:18

Yeah, that is Jake Gyllenhaal. I also noticed how much he looks like Punk in the role, I have to wonder if it is a coincidence. Speaking of the Rock, I read a interview with him and he is planning on hosting Raw sometime this summer. There is a host I can get excited about.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-09 19:04:17

lol thats Jake Gyllenhaul, Wocky

I probably would of preferred CM Punk as he's probably a better actor..

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-09 19:50:40

There's no way Vince is letting any of his guys do big budget movies like that, he remembers what happened with the Rock. That's why WWE films exists in my mind "oh but you can do movies and shit...it's just you'll do them for us".

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-10 06:11:00

****SPOILER ALERT****
One more wrestler has qualified for the MITB ladder match... All I say is that I think Christian lost his favourite to win spot.. I think it won't be too hard to figure out who qualified..

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-10 11:42:16

Even Bourne made it to MITB on Raw, most likely to be another big spot guy in the match. While I don't think he'll win I do agree with him being in the match. He can pull off some cool moves and on your biggest show you want as much kickass stuff as possible. At least thats how I'd book it.

So with all this hype for TNA, tell me. Did RVD actually debut? Any other suprises?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2010-03-10 15:22:17

At 3/10/10 11:42 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Even Bourne made it to MITB on Raw, most likely to be another big spot guy in the match. While I don't think he'll win I do agree with him being in the match. He can pull off some cool moves and on your biggest show you want as much kickass stuff as possible. At least thats how I'd book it.

So with all this hype for TNA, tell me. Did RVD actually debut? Any other suprises?

RVD did debut, but it was wasted. He beat Sting in two moves and then Sting beat him with his bat. Also Jeff Hardy came right at the end. I've read that next week it's going to be AJ Styles vs Jeff Hardy, which hopefully is true. TNA was cool, but could have been better.

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit. "

BBS Signature