00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Coheed23 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,513,310 Views | 29,933 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-17 13:50:19

Don't you guys see? With HHH now on the A-show, WWE has no need to break the divide. Trips can bury all the fresh talent right from the comfort of Raw!
Don't see why they'd want to use anyone from SD or ECW anyway, they took all the best talent, and left the others with enough to survive.
Not saying the other brands will struggle, they'll do what they always do: Utilise their talent well and elevate all the no-hopers to good positions, Raw will take their good guys and mis-use them, and trade them back all the people they fucked up with.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-17 16:31:36

I saw the Matt/Undertaker match on monday, so they must have taped the other matches at the SD show.

Here is an idea for CM Punk:

As of right now SD doesn't have a world champion since both HHH and Cena are on Raw. Cena will be battling Edge for the title in a last man standing match at Backlash. If Cena retains against Edge, Punk could come out after what will be a brutal match and cash in his briefcase and take the title from Cena and turning heel at the same time. If Edge wins Punk could still cash in and remain a face and the champion of SD.

Sounds good huh?

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-17 23:08:33

At 4/17/09 04:31 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Here is an idea for CM Punk:

As of right now SD doesn't have a world champion since both HHH and Cena are on Raw. Cena will be battling Edge for the title in a last man standing match at Backlash. If Cena retains against Edge, Punk could come out after what will be a brutal match and cash in his briefcase and take the title from Cena and turning heel at the same time. If Edge wins Punk could still cash in and remain a face and the champion of SD.

Sounds good huh?

in a recent interview, Punk implied that he'd be cashing in his briefcase at Judgement Day, infront of his own town

My deviantART page | My Youtube page (It got terminated)

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-18 00:52:11

At 4/16/09 07:25 AM, Random-Her03 wrote:
At 4/16/09 01:44 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Damn.

Media sensationalism and snubbing of wrestling aside, dick move, Hulk, dick move.
shit.. there goes Hogan's reputation..

He also said that at one point he had considered suicide..What a dumbass to tell everyone this. Now we will just have to forget about you.

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-18 02:57:31

At 4/17/09 11:08 PM, Random-Her03 wrote: in a recent interview, Punk implied that he'd be cashing in his briefcase at Judgement Day, infront of his own town

That does seem to be what they're going for, and theoretically I guess they could leave the major belts on RAW for now and try to build the idea of Punk trying to bring the world belt of his choice back to SD! making him some osrt of conquering hero or major player. The problem with the sneaky approach to me is Punk personally has done it once already, and Edge has done it twice. Unpredictable is good, but do it too often and people will just begin to see it coming and then it's not unpredictable anymore.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-18 10:56:11

At 4/17/09 11:08 PM, Random-Her03 wrote: in a recent interview, Punk implied that he'd be cashing in his briefcase at Judgement Day, infront of his own town

Whatever works I suppose.

I was suprised to see Ziggler get the win over MVP. The guy went from jobber to beating the U.S. champion. Very weird. At least the guy can wrestle.

I guess R-Truth isn't going to be pushed anymore. I don't remember the last time he won.

The Hardy's are going to go at in an I Quit match at Backlash. That should be a great match if given the proper amount of time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-18 23:55:08

At 4/18/09 10:56 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I was suprised to see Ziggler get the win over MVP. The guy went from jobber to beating the U.S. champion. Very weird. At least the guy can wrestle.

good, not that i don't like MVP, that guy is pure talent.. it's just that i'm glad wwe got right on the point of moving ziggler to sd!.. i didn't want them to screw up on the opportunity while they had it and just make him job, or just appear in backstage promos, it was a good move to put him over a big player in the wwe.

I guess R-Truth isn't going to be pushed anymore. I don't remember the last time he won.

yeh i remember reading a while ago that officials have turned sour on him.. mainly because of the fact that he's too flashy in the ring and doesn't do enough old school wrestling moves.. but hey cmon.. the people like what they see right?

The Hardy's are going to go at in an I Quit match at Backlash. That should be a great match if given the proper amount of time.

yeh and if you saw that promo between Matt and Teddy Long, it looks like this will be the final bout between the 2 brothers, so my guess is that Jeff's gonna get the final win, but then again giving Matt the clean sweep would be a nice move for his move to RAW, it would make him a serious contender for Cena's title

You don't wanna totally bury Jeff, but i think Matt needs this more

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-19 06:16:51

I think it'll be a shame if they don't end Matt/Jeff with a TLC match. There hasn't been one in years as far as I can remember (maybe 06, Cena/Edge?) and considering that these two guys co-created it, I was hoping that was the road they'd go.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-19 10:56:09

A TLC would mke sense only if one of them had a title to lose. Otherwise what would they put up for them to go after? A contract to something? The I Quit makes sense for them to beat the crap out of each other which is what they want. I do think Jeff will win that one but it does put Matt in a good position since he has been booked pretty strong too. I think he has a good shot at being a big time player on Raw.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-19 19:54:53

I think it's about time I join this club. I've been into wrestling for about half a year now so I'm still sort of new to this, but I'm pretty sure I know what's going on with everything. My top five favorite wrestlers are:

1: Finlay
2: Tommy Dreamer
3: Kofi Kingston
4: Evan Bourne
5: CM Punk

ECW is my favorite branch, it's what got me into the WWE.

"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit. "

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-20 02:38:13

So based on some things I'm hearing relating to the Samoa Joe character I may have to actually start paying attention to TNA again. Least until they fuck it up, but this is something that is just so good of an idea I really really hope they don't blow it.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-20 04:52:04

im not the biggest fan of TNA.. i tried to get into it, but it was just so uninteresting..
too many backstage promos and commercials.. not enough wrestling

but lashley showing up was a very big suprise to me since i heard he was actually in the whole MMA scene right now

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-20 15:29:14

At 4/20/09 02:38 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: So based on some things I'm hearing relating to the Samoa Joe character I may have to actually start paying attention to TNA again. Least until they fuck it up, but this is something that is just so good of an idea I really really hope they don't blow it.

I'm not going to watch TNA, simply because i will forget to watch it when ever it's on. Just like i forget to watch ECW because it has no one that interests me on any level. I think Samoa Joe could do really well in WWE as long as he gets a good push, Right now he would do better on Smackdown because raw has all of the top superstars now :::there only missing the undertaker now:::

Wi/Ht regular|Elite Guard Barracks Member|Idiot-Buster-Elite Guard Sup. Commander

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-20 16:59:31

Yo, Avie! I've been hearing some whispers about Jeff Hardy's contract running out in a couple of months, and him not planning on re-signing (Which would explain his losses to Matt).

Any truth to this, or is just BS?

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-20 17:19:38

At 4/20/09 04:59 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Yo, Avie! I've been hearing some whispers about Jeff Hardy's contract running out in a couple of months, and him not planning on re-signing (Which would explain his losses to Matt).

That would explain alot. I wonder if they'd give him the win at Backlash if it were the case and he didn't renew.
It would give Matt a brilliant boost if he's been talking about eradicating Jeff from the WWE and it actually sticks.

Do you not have a PWInsider Elite account though pep?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-20 18:39:00

At 4/20/09 04:59 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Yo, Avie! I've been hearing some whispers about Jeff Hardy's contract running out in a couple of months, and him not planning on re-signing (Which would explain his losses to Matt).

That would be an interesting twist in all of this. I haven't seen any word from the sites I usualyl check but Avie has the better account. For Jeff's sake I hope he stay with it this time but if he is planning on leaving I don't see whay they can't boost Matt in the process since he clearly wants to stay with the company. No strikes against him and a solid work ethic seem like good reasons to me. He did that that situation with Edge a few years back but I'm sure that has been smoothed over.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-20 19:21:38

Yes it is true, i got this from the pro-wrestling forums.

WWE is currently doing everything they can to try and sign Jeff Hardy to a new deal, as his current contract will be expiring in a few months. Over the last few weeks Jeff Hardy has turned down all attempts at a contract extension and new full-fledged brand new deal. WWE is so hell-bent on signing him to a new deal that they are offering him a 1-year extension to lock him in for just one more year.

The fact that Jeff Hardy has not yet re-signed, WWE has made the creative decision to make his feud with Matt Hardy go in Matt's favor and rush through it. This is also one of the reasons why Matt was moved to the RAW brand.

So far Hardy has turned down everything they've thrown at him, and he's said to be looking at his options outside of the wrestling business. He's not necessarily looking at TNA, but rather looking at taking some time off from the road to enjoy life and not have anything to do with WWE.

His current contract is said to expire in the next 2 to 4 months.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-21 00:17:57

It's a big shame that Hardy is leaving soon, but for some reason, i'm not upset about it.. i mean like 6 years ago i was absolutely pissed that Jeff was released, but i dunno.. i think he's had a great run this time around, he's had the WWE title, IC title, Tag titles.
also consider this, it says he's leaving cause he's been burned out from his wrestling schedule, and isn't being released due to drug issues so he is leaving on good terms it seems, which is a very good sign, so hey, we might see another comeback in a couple of years.

also probably expect Matt to win at Backlash, making it 3-0
I'm very glad he's getting his push, he really does deserve it

also Jericho vs Steamboat for Backlash, yay!

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-21 00:24:43

I know the answer but unfortunately that would require me to violate the terms of my PWInsider Elite account. Yes you could all make the case that the chances that anybody from that site reading this board or this thread are extremely low but it's a personal ethics thing. Those guys work damn hard, they've sent me a t-shirt completely free of charge and have run my various pop culture articles on their sister site PWIPop (I'm not paid, but still, they don't HAVE to do that either now do they?). So I feel I owe it to those guys to honor those terms, plus I really would hate to lose my account.

All I will say is that would make a lot of sense wouldn't it? If Jeff were leaving they probably would feel the best use of him is to get Matt to that next level, and get this storyline over quick. Also let's consider we're talking about a guy who's never felt particularly married to the business the way his brother Matt is. Jeff is very much a free spirit so the idea of him taking off just to have more time to himself doesn't seem all that far fetched does it?

Even if true, you never know, Jeff could wake up tomorrow and decide tomorrow he really wants to wrestle full-time for another 5 years and sign a deal to that effect. Or he could just totally walk, which of course would seem baffling to us considering the push he's received. In the end, we'll just have to wait and say.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-21 01:14:58

I'd like to join (well I've already joined, but it's been months since I've posted so I might as well reintroduce myself) my top five favorite superstars are....

1. Kane
2. Randy Orton
3. Vladimir Kozlov
4. The new heel Matt Hardy
5. Edge

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-21 12:29:25

PWInsider has posted on the main and public site the new that pep asked about and idiot-buster elaborated on yesterday (and seriously IB, that was a verbatim qoute so I assume you have an elite account so why are you fucking violating your service terms you agreed to?). Jeff Hardy is indeed looking to leave and that's why the Hardy brothers feud is being rushed through to strengthen Matt. It's also why Matt was moved to RAW, I guess the feeling now is if we'll only have the use of one Hardy we should try to make that Hardy as strong as possible.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-21 18:55:17

If I was in the WWE's position with the Jeff Hardy situation I'd probably do the same thing.

I've got to give credit to Cena, his match with Jericho last night was really great. Two weeks in a row Cena has been in really good matches. It might have to do with who he is in the ring with, and I give credit to Swagger and Jericho for working their asses off too. I'm kinda glad we didn't get a clean finish as it keeps Jericho strong, and possibly in the title hunt when he goes to SD. If Edge or Punk brings the title with them we can look forward to some good matches and fueds.

Poor Chavo. At this point the man's a joke. I don't know who he pissed off in WWE but maybe he should be the one leaving when his contract expires. At least he has a relative at TNA. Of all the people to become jobbers, Chavo is one of those guys who just doesn't deserve that. Maybe this was due to his name being listed a few years ago when steroid stings were being done... Who knows?

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-21 19:46:00

At 4/21/09 12:29 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: PWInsider has posted on the main and public site the new that pep asked about and idiot-buster elaborated on yesterday (and seriously IB, that was a verbatim qoute so I assume you have an elite account so why are you fucking violating your service terms you agreed to?).

Okey just to prove that i don't have a Elite account and that i am not full of shit when i post things. I will reveal where i get almost everything i post here it's http://www.pwrestlingforums.com/ i saw the topic and i just copy+pasted what the post said. I had no idea that he got it from there all i know that he is usually right in everything he post's on that fourm. I do not even have a account there, i would never violate any term such as this. Here is the exact thread of origin where i got the info from. link Please understand i did not know and will keep these things to myself and the fourm members. I hope you understand and apologize for not believing me.

~shawn~

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-22 00:03:17

***spoilers***

Trevor Murdoch has made his comeback on TNA
there's really no other details on it, so you'll just have to watch tomorrow..

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-22 00:49:23

At 4/21/09 07:46 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Okey just to prove that i don't have a Elite account and that i am not full of shit when i post things. I will reveal where i get almost everything i post here it's http://www.pwrestlingforums.com/ i saw the topic and i just copy+pasted what the post said. I had no idea that he got it from there all i know that he is usually right in everything he post's on that fourm. I do not even have a account there, i would never violate any term such as this. Here is the exact thread of origin where i got the info from. link Please understand i did not know and will keep these things to myself and the fourm members. I hope you understand and apologize for not believing me.

~shawn~

Considering it was a VERBATIM fucking qoute, meaning that either you had an account giving you access to the info that was stolen and posted here, or you got it from someone who is actively stealing their content (and believe me, I'll be turning those fuck rags in) I don't think I need to apologize for anything. Sites like that piss me off because all they do is steal from legit news sites (which are still kind of a fringe of a fringe) and then make up whatever they can't get. So yeah, no apologies coming here from posting up stolen news, just cause you were ignorant of it's origin doesn't mean it was ok.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-22 13:37:32

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-22 20:16:51

At 4/22/09 12:49 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Considering it was a VERBATIM fucking qoute, meaning that either you had an account giving you access to the info that was stolen and posted here, or you got it from someone who is actively stealing their content (and believe me, I'll be turning those fuck rags in) I don't think I need to apologize for anything. Sites like that piss me off because all they do is steal from legit news sites (which are still kind of a fringe of a fringe) and then make up whatever they can't get. So yeah, no apologies coming here from posting up stolen news, just cause you were ignorant of it's origin doesn't mean it was ok.

Okey first of all i do not have a account there. I would never lie about this. I get most of what i say here from that site so it could just be the guy l linked you to or meny more i really never payed attention to the topic starter but i went to his profile and it seems like he had some info about kane that seemed stolen just go down to the last comment on the page. So don't go about turning me in because i have no account and i should not be held responsible for him. Go ahead on turning thoes users you find in i have no problem with it. I also do agree that me being ignorant of it's origin is no excuse. I hope you get there account suspeneded for breaking that agrement.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-22 23:31:44

At 4/22/09 08:16 PM, idiot-buster wrote: Okey first of all i do not have a account there. I would never lie about this. I get most of what i say here from that site so it could just be the guy l linked you to or meny more i really never payed attention to the topic starter but i went to his profile and it seems like he had some info about kane that seemed stolen just go down to the last comment on the page. So don't go about turning me in because i have no account and i should not be held responsible for him. Go ahead on turning thoes users you find in i have no problem with it. I also do agree that me being ignorant of it's origin is no excuse. I hope you get there account suspeneded for breaking that agrement.

That's the plan, I linked that board to the owner of PWInsider and I imagine he'll go through and suspend the accounts of anyone he finds sharing info or at the least can send a threatening email to that board.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-22 23:49:59

Just as long as everyone is cool here everything will be fine.

I think Christian and Swagger had a good moment last night. I liked their promo's as it really lent some credibility to the match. I'm not sure if Christian should win at Backlash, but I do think it will be a good match.

Does anyone really care about Hornswaggle? Apparently the general fans sure do. They went crazy when he spoke. I was bored. Go figure.

I heard a rumor that Umaga will be returning soon. He's still a SD wrestler so we'll see how that goes. Maybe they will make him go after the IC title again. They should proably make him do a few squash matches just to remind people what he can do.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2009-04-23 01:28:20

At 4/22/09 11:49 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Does anyone really care about Hornswaggle? Apparently the general fans sure do. They went crazy when he spoke. I was bored. Go figure.

it really pissed me off that when Natalya mentioned the Harts, they booed..
but they cheer for a friggin leprachaun instead.. god its stuff like this that makes wrestling suck today..

BBS Signature