New Topic Respond to this Topic
RSQViper
RSQViper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 13:51:37 Reply

For those of you still doubting he killed them, then himself it sure seems like a murder suicide as this is the way they generally play out. I mean, he hung himself, folks. Do you really think another person could forcibly hang Chris Benoit? No freaking way.

Check out this article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070626/ap_on_re_
us/wrestler_dead_23;_ylt=Amk5O94rtvyFXfXDOluf FEQE1vAI

It's a sad day and I hope the WWE doesn't take serious consequences if it comes down to something along the lines of 'roid rage' as you all know most WWE Superstars are on them. You can expect them all to be governent regulated if this was the means to his end.

His poor wife and son... noone deserves this.

JoS
JoS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 14:49:02 Reply

At 6/26/07 04:22 AM, boloneyman wrote: When Dean and Chavo tell you something about Chris, that trumps any news source.

Clearly people speak ill of the dead. Have you ever been to a funeral and heard one bad thing said about a person? No. Out of respect for the dead (especially friends or family) you do not say anything bad about them.

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 14:53:03 Reply

I just read the report.. And it breaks my heart.

I'll always remember Chris for what he did for wrestling and what he accomplished.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
Clownshock
Clownshock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 15:30:43 Reply

At 6/26/07 02:59 AM, Assassin223 wrote:
At 6/26/07 01:54 AM, Assassin223 wrote:
At 6/26/07 01:32 AM, Assassin223 wrote: Hey long time no see, i am in the club but i haven't said anything in a while, does any body think that the death of chris is related to vince's death?

It was already revealed in many ways that Vince McMahon is not dead. On Raw last night he even made an appearance to tell us about the death of Benoit. I do hope you meant "his death in Kayfabe" because I know how someone could have killed Benoit over that. You see many fans were sickened by the "demise" of Mr. McMahon, and with this show coming up that was supposed to be a memorial night for vince, someone could have snapped. They decided someone else who is actually dead would deserve a whole show instead of Vince, so they went and murdered one of the most popular active wrestlers and made it look like murder suicide. Then we had a memorial for an actually dead person. I'm not saying this is what happened, it's just a theory and not even that educated of one. I still think that it is a possibility though in some way.

I won't ever cheat on my bitch but I'll still sleep with a luger

AnzRage
AnzRage
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 15:37:30 Reply

At 6/26/07 02:48 AM, Dark-Serpent wrote: Holy Hell.....according to WWE.com and Fox News, the deaths are now being called a double murder-suicide. Benoit killed his wife and son, then took his own life. I'm at a loss for words......

the conversation sparks. what an easy way to break the ice.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 16:41:46 Reply

Something's odd. Why would Benoit tie up Nancy, and how come she didn't struggle? Why did Benoit wait a while before killing the son? (if he did it) We're supposed to believe that Benoit killed both of them, sent some text messages to a co-worker (I'm guessing Chavo) then waited some more, then killed himself?

While Chris being a shade under 6 feet himself (roughly 5'10) was found hanging by a cord on his weightlifting equipment in his basement weight room.

Its a bit difficult to hang yourself with a piece of equipment. And where did the blood on Nancy's head come from?

I'm not reaching or anything, I'm saying something feels wrong, and I believe there might have been foul play involved.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Assassin223
Assassin223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 17:08:40 Reply

At 6/26/07 04:41 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Something's odd. Why would Benoit tie up Nancy, and how come she didn't struggle? Why did Benoit wait a while before killing the son? (if he did it) We're supposed to believe that Benoit killed both of them, sent some text messages to a co-worker (I'm guessing Chavo) then waited some more, then killed himself?

While Chris being a shade under 6 feet himself (roughly 5'10) was found hanging by a cord on his weightlifting equipment in his basement weight room.

Its a bit difficult to hang yourself with a piece of equipment. And where did the blood on Nancy's head come from?

I'm not reaching or anything, I'm saying something feels wrong, and I believe there might have been foul play involved.

Well i dunno, abc, fox news said what i said so i am not sure if somebody else did or not, we will have to keep watching the news and see what the police says about this.

Mortal Kombat Kolab

Buddhist
Buddhist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 18:51:26 Reply

It seems pretty plausible.

Steroids can cause dementia and of course, roid rage, and who knows if he was on anything else at the time (methamphetamines, cocaine, whatever).

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature
KJDunwoody
KJDunwoody
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 19:09:54 Reply

Even More Messed up...
The day before Benoit died his old tag-team partner Shayne Bower whom he wrestled with on Stampede Wrestling also died.. Though he died of a Heart-Attack.
Any chance 10 years ago if that was a storyline in a movie do you think anyone would have even thought that it be likely?

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 19:11:38 Reply

At 6/26/07 07:09 PM, KJDunwoody wrote: Any chance 10 years ago if that was a storyline in a movie do you think anyone would have even thought that it be likely?

Don't give the WWE ideas. Down the line I'm sure Vince would be able to justify making a movie out of it.

Nev
Nev
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 19:17:02 Reply

Cause of death: Cripper Crossface.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy
PSN: Look-a-Hill
Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 19:38:49 Reply

I think it is safe to say that the WWE won't milk this for a storyline. I don't think they would sink that low. If they did, I would stop watching.

What was the name of that wrestler on SD a few months back that emulated Benoit? I like to see what he will do with his career after his idol's tragic death.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Reaperyami
Reaperyami
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Voice Actor
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 19:42:37 Reply

So Raw has no aparent storylines that I can see of know... anyone hoping of a HHH comeback next monday?

Daddy-L-Jackson
Daddy-L-Jackson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 19:55:42 Reply

At 6/26/07 07:38 PM, boloneyman wrote: I think it is safe to say that the WWE won't milk this for a storyline. I don't think they would sink that low. If they did, I would stop watching.

They did that to Eddie Guerrero...

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 20:08:28 Reply

At 6/26/07 07:38 PM, boloneyman wrote: What was the name of that wrestler on SD a few months back that emulated Benoit? I like to see what he will do with his career after his idol's tragic death.

Gunner Scott. He's wrestling for ROh as Brent Albright, my guess us he'll keep wrestling his style which is similar to Benoit's. I'm pretty sure he'll continue to be successful despite this tragedy.

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 20:11:13 Reply

At 6/26/07 08:08 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Gunner Scott. He's wrestling for ROh as Brent Albright, my guess us he'll keep wrestling his style which is similar to Benoit's. I'm pretty sure he'll continue to be successful despite this tragedy.

Well, I'm sure the extent of his emulation of Benoit was just exaggerated for the purposes of the storyline he was in, in which Benoit was like his mentor. So it's not like this should really affect his career, unless people bring up the time he spent on Smackdown.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 20:18:40 Reply

TVWeek.com reports that Vince McMahon will appear on ECW On Sci-Fi tonight to apologize for the three hour RAW Benoit tribute that WWE ran last night. WWE ran the show before information broke that Benoit himself had killed his wife and son, then himself.

If you go to WWE shopzone, you'll see all of Benoit's stuff is no longer for sale. Even the DVD's have been altered. For instance, in the WM XX DVD it reads... HHH defends his title against Shawn Michaels. Benoit's name has been edited out of every match he ever wrestled for WWE.

Basically, he's being one-day rule'd.

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 20:23:22 Reply

At 6/26/07 08:18 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Basically, he's being one-day rule'd.

Oh my God, from one extreme to the other. They shouldn't need to apoligise for the show they aired, and I think it would still have been called for regardless of the circumstances. His career has been great, and he has had some great matches, and that should be honoured.

Clownshock
Clownshock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 21:33:44 Reply

I still can't believe that the whole Mr. McMahon death storyline is now pretty much scrapped because of Benoit going on a mini killing spree. I was amped up about that storyline. Dammit.

I won't ever cheat on my bitch but I'll still sleep with a luger

Assassin223
Assassin223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 21:43:08 Reply

At 6/26/07 09:33 PM, Clownshock wrote: I still can't believe that the whole Mr. McMahon death storyline is now pretty much scrapped because of Benoit going on a mini killing spree. I was amped up about that storyline. Dammit.

Well, why did Benoit do, drugs are known to do that, but i wouldn't know if he took drugs but, i don't think this is like him

Mortal Kombat Kolab

mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 21:53:17 Reply

That's crazy, I can't even sleep at night. What will the WWE think of this? I mean they can't really admit that he was on steroids, but everyone would think that he's a phsyco. I've been in those situations where everything is just violence and chaos with heart breaking and commotion, so i should know.

That gives up my dream of being a wrestler
mothballs
mothballs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Game Developer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 21:59:18 Reply

The wwe is already very disorginized, the fact that they just showed that Vince is still alive. I wonder how they'll deal w/ this.

Assassin223
Assassin223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 22:07:09 Reply

On Saturday, June 23, Chris Benoit was slated to appear at a WWE live event in Beaumont, Texas. That afternoon, Benoit contacted WWE to inform them that his wife and child were ill, and that he would not be able to attend the show.

WWE executives rebooked Benoit’s flight for the following morning, allowing Benoit to miss the Beaumont event making alternate arrangements for him to attend the pay-per-view event in Houston on Sunday.

WWE employees attempted to confirm with Benoit his travel plans but were unable to contact him.

Early Sunday morning, between 3:51 and 3:58 a.m., Benoit sent five text messages to co-workers:

Text Message 1 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane, Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 2 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:53am)- Chris Benoit’s cell phone
“The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open”

Text Message 3 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:54am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Text Message 4 to two co-workers (sent 6/24 at 3:55am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane.
Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 5 to one co-worker (sent 6/24 at 3:58am)- Nancy Benoit’s cell phone
“My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215”

Throughout the day on Sunday, WWE made numerous attempts to contact Benoit both at home and at local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 p.m., WWE officials were unable to establish contact with Chris Benoit.

At 12:30 p.m. on Monday, June 25, WWE officials were notified of the text messages sent to the co-workers the previous day. By 12:45 p.m., WWE had contacted Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office requesting they check on the Benoit family.

Fayetteville County Sheriffs office made contact with WWE at approximately 4:00 p.m. advising that they had entered the house of Chris Benoit and found three deceased bodies – an adult male, adult female and a male child. WWE was told that Benoit’s home was now considered a major crime scene.

The decision to cancel the live event scheduled in Corpus Christi that night was made between 4:00 and 5:00 p.m. In keeping with company policy, and with limited knowledge regarding facts of the case, WWE choose to air a memorial dedicated to the career of Chris Benoit. As facts emerged surrounding the case, all tributes to Chris Benoit were removed both on-air and on WWE.com

Mortal Kombat Kolab

Psiko-Munky
Psiko-Munky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 22:20:57 Reply

Ok guys my dad knows some people in the wrestling industry.
Word is this all happened because of the draft. As you know each show has its own story lines. What you my not know is that each show has their own story writer. SmackDown! writer, Michael Hayes I think, wanted Benoit off SmackDown! he supposedly said "Benoit is a washed up has been". Apperently Benoit came down with a case of depression and snapped. Friday night he strangled Nancy. Saturday night he killed Daniel. Sunday night, the night he was supposed to win the ECW Championship, he hung himself in his basement.
Vince McMahon has stated that he apologises for last nights show and Chris Benoit will never be metioned again.

PSN ID: Wikid_Klown
666 JOIN US OR BE DAMNED

BBS Signature
Psiko-Munky
Psiko-Munky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 23:26:17 Reply

read this

666 JOIN US OR BE DAMNED

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 23:35:46 Reply

So WWE is out to erase Benoit from their records... Such a damn shame. Let his legacy before this tradgedy speak for itself. In the ring wrestlers become different people, let the wrestler Benoit remain.

Due to this nightmare, I think it's safe to assume that WWE won't induct him to the Hall of Fame for a long long time, if ever.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
Psiko-Munky
Psiko-Munky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-26 23:58:22 Reply

I dont know about that. Eddie went in the year he died. He died of heart failure from drug use. Kind of like suicide.

666 JOIN US OR BE DAMNED

BBS Signature
Shaun
Shaun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-27 00:00:44 Reply

At 6/26/07 11:26 PM, Psiko-Munky wrote: read this

so it wasn't steroids, it was religion.
thanks for clearing that up wwe.com

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-27 01:02:17 Reply

At 6/26/07 11:58 PM, Psiko-Munky wrote: I dont know about that. Eddie went in the year he died. He died of heart failure from drug use. Kind of like suicide.

Eddie didn't kill anyone though.

The tragedy that Benoit is being wrased is almost as great as his death. There will hardly be a legacy to leave.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
Assassin223
Assassin223
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-06-27 02:18:47 Reply

At 6/27/07 01:02 AM, boloneyman wrote:
At 6/26/07 11:58 PM, Psiko-Munky wrote: I dont know about that. Eddie went in the year he died. He died of heart failure from drug use. Kind of like suicide.
Eddie didn't kill anyone though.

The tragedy that Benoit is being wrased is almost as great as his death. There will hardly be a legacy to leave.

Well i understand now, i can't beleave he did this and i wish he didn't but *sigh* i guess that has to be that way. Even though he did that to his family, i will always respect him as a entertainer and wrestler, because he busted his ass to make us feel entertained, Chris, I will allways be a fan of yours all the time. I put my final salute to him, 1967-2007.

Mortal Kombat Kolab