New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 16:25:33 Reply

At 4/25/03 12:30 AM, 0zzy wrote: Who's watching smackdown now?

I read through the poiler already. I am just happy that we finally will not see Batista in the title picture at Unforgiven, he has been given too many chances. It is about the time for Taker to come back and destroy Mark Henry and Khali.

BBS Signature
Deevee
Deevee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 16:42:07 Reply

At 8/30/07 04:25 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 4/25/03 12:30 AM, 0zzy wrote: Who's watching smackdown now?
I read through the poiler already. I am just happy that we finally will not see Batista in the title picture at Unforgiven, he has been given too many chances. It is about the time for Taker to come back and destroy Mark Henry and Khali.

Yea, cant wait for Khali to lose his title. I really dont care who he loses it to, but i really hope its rey. Id love to see another david vs goliath kinda match.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 19:06:19 Reply

- Randy Orton
- Adam Copeland (Edge)
- Charlie Haas
- Robert Huffman (King Booker)
- Shane Helms
- Mike Bucci (Simon Dean)
- Anthony Carelli (Santino Marella)
- John Hennigan (John Morrison)
- Darren Matthews (William Regal)
- Ken Anderson (Kennedy)
- Chavo Guerrero

Following WWE's announcement today that they have suspended 10 wrestlers for violating their Wellness Policy, The New York Daily News has put up an article revealing 11 WWE wrestlers who have been identified as customers of Signature Pharmacy in Orlando. Signature Pharmacy was raided by authorities in February for distributing steroids and other drugs to people who had not been examined by doctors.

While WWE has suspended 10 wrestlers for violating the Wellness Policy, they have not announced the specific reason. It is assumed that the 10 wrestlers were suspended due to the discovery of them being customers of Signature Pharmacy, but that is not confirmed. The 11 wrestlers below may include the 10 suspended, but there is no way of knowing that for sure until WWE confirms it or until a few weeks go by and it becomes evident which wrestlers are not appearing on TV.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Deevee
Deevee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 21:28:04 Reply

At 8/30/07 07:06 PM, pepeatumi wrote: - Randy Orton
- Adam Copeland (Edge)
- Charlie Haas
- Shane Helms
- Ken Anderson (Kennedy)
- Chavo Guerrero

Wow... this is gonna slow down some feuds going on.

GoddaM
GoddaM
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 22:21:13 Reply

WTF did u do Benoit?!

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 00:00:06 Reply

At 8/30/07 09:28 PM, Deevee wrote:

If all of those guys are suspended, WWE is going to die out, PERIOD.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 00:24:14 Reply

Damn it people... READ THE ARTICLE!!!

The 11 wrestlers below may include the 10 suspended, but there is no way of knowing that for sure until WWE confirms it or until a few weeks go by and it becomes evident which wrestlers are not appearing on TV.

Randy Orton
- Adam Copeland (Edge)
- Charlie Haas
- Shane Helms
- Ken Anderson (Kennedy)
- Chavo Guerrero

It says it may include the 10 men suspended, its not definitive that these are the suspended wrestlers. And Umaga and Funaki have also been linked to this whole fiasco.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 04:26:03 Reply

At 8/30/07 07:06 PM, pepeatumi wrote: but there is no way of knowing that for sure until WWE confirms it or until a few weeks go by and it becomes evident which wrestlers are not appearing on TV.

That is pretty much the whole ME level of Raw in that list, apart from Cena. It would be interesting to see what they did if they had suspended all of those.
It could be interesting, you'd probably see people in the mid-card level being promoted, perhaps deservingly.

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 07:20:43 Reply

I say take it with a grain of salt. Two of those names are out with an injury (Edge and Helms) and could be getting medicine that they need for ligit reasons. Another name on there isn't even an active wrestler as far as I know (Dean/Nova.)

It will be interesting if they take the hard road and suspend all those names though. If it is true this would be a repeat offense for Masters.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 12:04:21 Reply

At 8/31/07 11:47 AM, The-Redangleprince wrote: It's only 30 day suspension meaning they'd probably push Trips, Cody Rhodes, and the tag team division for the next PPV and then all would return to normal. This is pretty bad, but Kudos to WWE for doing the right thing and suspending these guys.

If all those wrestlers are suspended, the majority of RAW ME superstars will be gone, man! I now start to doublt if Cena will defend his title at Unforgiven, the PPV is too small to throw him and HHH together.

BBS Signature
TheD-LucksEdition
TheD-LucksEdition
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 15:11:38 Reply

On the BBC Radio 1 news about the whole steroids situation, they said that Batista was one of the individuals suspended. Whether that's true or not, we'll have to wait and see.

Deevee
Deevee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 15:26:06 Reply

I also heard umaga was suspended too!

Deevee
Deevee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 15:33:15 Reply

Sorry for the double post, but i had to post this

Source: PWInsider.com

The Daily News has added Eddie Fatu (Umaga) and Shoichi Funaki to their list of WWE wrestlers that were clients of Signature Pharmacy.

Im just confirming his suspension. SO what happens now to Umaga's belt?

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 16:24:25 Reply

At 8/31/07 03:33 PM, Deevee wrote: The Daily News has added Eddie Fatu (Umaga) and Shoichi Funaki to their list of WWE wrestlers that were clients of Signature Pharmacy.

I really wonder what someone like Funaki would be doing at that pharmacy. I can understand the reasoning behind top superstars wanting to improve their chances of success, but Funaki won't ever be anything other than a jobber, and a joke wrestler.

Im just confirming his suspension. SO what happens now to Umaga's belt?

Probably a quick switch to Jeff Hardy in the next broadcast.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 19:49:57 Reply

At 8/31/07 03:33 PM, Deevee wrote: Im just confirming his suspension. SO what happens now to Umaga's belt?

No, you really aren't, you're confirming his involvement in this scandal, but you are NOT confirming his suspension.

People are jumping to conclusions here that the guys listed here are the ten what got suspended, I'm not saying they aren't, I'm not saying they are. We'll only really know for sure as TV airs and we start seeing guys that were prominently featured getting de-pushed.

I fully expect Kennedy to lose his planned new spot, and I expect CM Punk to get the ECW Title at Saturday's tapings because Morrison will also be punished. Sadly, it's going to be a situation where some deserving guys will get a shot because the guys the company believed in decided to screw up, but it also must be said that when you work for a company where guys like Bobby Lashley get huge pushes with limited skill sets, and Chris Masters gets a million chances seemingly because he has huge muscles, well...you'll probably do whatever you have to get an edge.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 19:54:57 Reply

At 8/31/07 07:49 PM, aviewaskewed wrote: well...you'll probably do whatever you have to get an edge.

You can't really knock opportunities like that, considering that Stone Cold was borne out of a similar situation.

LordKooler
LordKooler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-31 20:30:51 Reply

Source: Gerweck.net

WWE has fired Mike Bucci (aka Simon Dean), the company's Talent Development Manager. The New York Daily News mentioned Bucci's name as a client of the Signature Pharmacy.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 01:58:48 Reply

At 8/31/07 07:54 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: You can't really knock opportunities like that, considering that Stone Cold was borne out of a similar situation.

I'm not knocking guys getting oppurtonities, it just pisses me off that this company refuses to take chances on young, unproven guys, or guys getting good reactions that they just don't like much, because it dosen't fit their vision or their political mindset. If things aren't going well, and you've got a guy people care about, that looks like isn't going to flame out on you, why not give him a try? Why aren't they establishing more undercard guys they could conceivably use in main event situations?

Opportunity is always a great thing, but it's a shame it only comes in this company when the "stars" (some of them having walked in with warning lights flashing but they still got the push) fuck up.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
TheD-LucksEdition
TheD-LucksEdition
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 05:40:33 Reply

Ever so slightly off-topic, but this gave me a chuckle.

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 08:20:12 Reply

At 9/1/07 01:58 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: I'm not knocking guys getting oppurtonities,

Oh, I didn't mean you were knocking opportunities like that, I just meant any wrestler in that kind of situation.
It's pretty much the only chance some wrestlers will get at main event level, and even though it's sad, it's the way it is. And it's probably the way it's going to be, considering how little the WWE seems willing to change in order to improve their product.

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 10:33:00 Reply

SD was pretty good last night. We saw new yet unlikely tag champs, and a new number 1 contender for the heavyweight tit;e. It was great to see Rey in action again.

I could have done without the McMahon segment, though his interaction with Batista was great.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

BBS Signature
JohnCena423
JohnCena423
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 11:37:28 Reply

Bad news WWE suspends 10 wrestlers I ll name them

charlie haas
mr kennedy
randy orton
william regal
Umaga
edge
funaki
chavo guerrero
john morrison

ElementalSoldier
ElementalSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 11:55:48 Reply

At 9/1/07 05:40 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: Ever so slightly off-topic, but this gave me a chuckle.

I remember seeing that live it was hilarious,and well the whole steroids thing is completely stupid,there only making a big deal about it because of chris benoit,and smack down wasn't bad last night though Ray has a big mountain to climb,he is small compared to batista and is tiny compared to khali.

USMC***NGSM***Im so FAB***PM meh for a sig***0341

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 14:58:32 Reply

At 9/1/07 11:37 AM, JohnCena423 wrote: Bad news WWE suspends 10 wrestlers I ll name them

Ok, no more wrestling until Survival Series. WWE is going to suck without those top talents.

BBS Signature
AntlMatter
AntlMatter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 15:40:17 Reply

Whatever happened to RVD.

It's like he just dropped out of the WWE.

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 16:04:24 Reply

At 9/1/07 02:58 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote:
At 9/1/07 11:37 AM, JohnCena423 wrote: Bad news WWE suspends 10 wrestlers I ll name them
Ok, no more wrestling until Survival Series. WWE is going to suck without those top talents.

If those are the suspended individuals, the WWE is just going to have to bump up the undecard for a month. If anything, this might make WWE start using some of the more talented individuals like Shelton more effectivly. This could be a blessing in disguise. Lou Gherig got his break when Wally Pip was hurt and couldn't play first base. He was scheduled to play for one day, but played the position for the next twelve years, and had one of the greatest careers in MLB history. This could easily happen with the WWE, they just need someone with lots of fan support.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
LordKooler
LordKooler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 23:48:50 Reply

WWE just released Eugene.

Source: WWE.com

WWE has come to terms on the release of WWE Smackdown talent Eugene as of September 1. We wish Eugene the best in all future endeavors.

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 23:50:44 Reply

That comes as something of a surpries, especially since his name was not on the list. But oh well, they really weren't doing anything with him, and his character had been played out. This will give him a chance to re-invent himself with a new personna and everything.

BBS Signature
Cereal
Cereal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-01 23:57:57 Reply

thats it fuck wwe, they released the wrong star this time.

I hope my sig dosen't come out distorted

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-09-02 00:32:53 Reply

So Punk beat Morrison at the ECW tapings tonight for the title. Is it just me, or is that belt been forfeited gone to a completly siffrent person then planned due to unfortunate events a lot.

Jeff Hardy is facing Umaga on Monday for the IC title, and if Umaga is getting suspended then we'll have another new champ. That win will give Jeff quite a bit of creditability.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature