New Topic Respond to this Topic
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-27 18:26:02 Reply

At 8/27/07 04:29 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: Can't read it for some reason. What was your personal opinion of it?

Underwhelming. It had its good moments, Rey vs Chavo was a good match and probably the best of the night. Khali vs Batista was crap, after hyping up the Claw Khali used it a total of 0 times in his match. Cena vs Orton was headlock city until the last 6 or 7 minutes, but the rabid fans made it a good match.

Morrison win by barely putting his feet in the ropes and I don't see how Punk can get yet another title shot. The crowd wants to see Punk as champ, but for some reason the higher ups want Morrison to keep the title despite the fact that Boogeyman and Dreamer are the only other face challengers available.

HHH looked great in his return, he was ripped but slim and the crowd went nuts, the actual match could have been better if Booker had gotten in some more offense. Kennedy got pinned in the triple threat which doesn't make much sense, then again it is WWE the divas battle royal was just there, ditto Kane vs Finlay.

MVP and Matt were going to have a beer drinking contest, Austin replaced Matt and Stunned MVP... That was about it.

It wasn't a show worth your 40 bucks. If you can find Orton vs Cena and Rey vs Chavo, watch them on the Internet and maybe watch HHH vs Booker even if its only for the pop he got.

For a show dubbed the Biggest Party of the Summer, it felt like one dull party >_>

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-27 18:59:21 Reply

Thank lord that I did not pay for the PPV. Here is the bottom line: I am not going to waste my hard earned money as long as Cena is the champ, period.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-27 19:45:41 Reply

At 8/27/07 07:19 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Umaga pinning Kennedy wasn't nearly as bad as everyone says it is. As I said before, Umaga being the monster face that he is can elevate the IC belt like no other right now. Keeping him as the champ was a great idea. As for Kennedy going under, I was a little surprised, but when I think about it, its something I would have done too. Kennedy is going to get a huge rub and hes always got putting Lashley out to fall back on. Losing to a guy like Umaga, won't really hurt him, at least not as much as Carlito who is being re-built here We'll have to wait to see what happens next before we can really declare this a booking succes or failure.

Kennedy being pinned by Umaga can possibly be as bad as being pinned by Super Crazy on his debut match on Raw. And he's going to be huge, one loss to an unbeatable monster isn't the end of the world.

Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-27 21:52:56 Reply

At 8/27/07 07:19 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Orton lost. This was without a doubt the absolute worst move of the night, and maybe even the year. Orton lost cleanly and I heard the match had Cena dominating mostly. Cena not only beat Orton, he beat the RKO which has been hyped and pushed as DEVESTATING. Any credibility Orton had is gone. How WWE expects anyone to take him seriously when all hes done is assault tired, old, past-their-prime legends is beyond me. In all likliness, they'll continue the program between Cena and Orton, but theres no way Orton will get his heat back.

That is exactly what the problem is right now. Even the RKO did not put Cena away, then how can people believe that Orton can beat Cena? They cannot. Oh, by the way, Orton even did not get his rematch. But heheck, I am content that he did not. Jobbing to Cena once has been devestating, why jobbing to him twtwice? Fuck the WWE!

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-28 00:10:23 Reply

I'm guessing the Umaga is back to being the monster heel then? Will Kennedy stay in the IC title picture with Umaga and Jeff?

Good to see HHH back, even though his segment went a little longer than it should have. These words will never leave me: "I'm going to kick you in the baby maker."

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-28 02:47:01 Reply

At 8/28/07 12:55 AM, The-Redangleprince wrote: But then, the gem of the night. Triple H makes his much awaited Raw return....for low brow sophmoric humor. Wow, it's the Game, the King of Kings alright. I'd be terrified to meet HIM in the ring, he might crack some wise ones bout me liking cock! Whatever happened to the evil, calculating badass Triple H that I loved? What happened to the Game who held 10 world titles and being the best heel in the biz while doing it?

So true. After all the hype I was hoping we would get serious HHH, and not the guy who still thinks its 1998. The segment went on too long and even the fans got disinterested as it went along.

Raw was even worse than Summerslam. Can't wait to see who wins tomorrow nights ECW Main Event oh boy.

I wonder if they'll do something stupid... Like give Morrison so he challenges himself for the ECW title.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-28 14:20:24 Reply

At 8/28/07 02:08 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: I was really looking forward to this match, but Pearce should offer a good bout as well.

Same here considering that I was thinking about going to the show... I know it'll be good, but I really wanted a chance to see Danielson in person.

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-28 18:15:50 Reply

Now that I am able to watch I'm looking forward to ECW tonight. I'm hoping for some retribution on Morrison from Punk. Also it's good to see Stevie get featured on tv, even if he's been labeled as an underdog, but hey, at least the guy is winning some matches.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-28 20:54:40 Reply

Even HHH cannot save RAW unless he strips Cena's title. But guess that we are going to see Orton jobbing to Captain Invincible again at Unforgiven, huh?

BBS Signature
LordKooler
LordKooler
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-28 22:16:11 Reply

Source: Gerweck.net

Mike Johnson is reporting that TNA has signed former ROH star Jimmy Rave to a contract. He is currently scheduled to make his debut at the No Surrender PPV.

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-28 23:13:52 Reply

I enjoyed ECW tonight. Some very good matches this week. Stevie got in some nice offense, and my long standing question of why his voice sounds so gravely has been answered.

Fatal Four way was done pretty well too. Miz has definatly improved, and I think this time around Punk will finally get the gold.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 03:52:32 Reply

God SS was awful, and there's no reason for that on a big 4 PPV, WWE needed AT LEAST a good show here as abysmal as their buyrates have been, and they completely didn't deliver that. There was just virtually nothing to get into here as everything was predictable, boring, or "eh".

I used to have comments, complaints, whatever, but like the guys at PWInsider pointed out, how many times and ways can you say that the PPV's aren't worth the money, and your ripped off if you buy them? There's just no reason to spend any money on WWE product these days because creative is just completely brain dead and it's the same bland wheelspinning crap week in and week out. You want wrestling? Buy old tapes or DVD's, sample a local indy (support 'em if you like 'em), or go get 24/7 instead of watching this fucking dreck.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
C0R3
C0R3
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 07:04:42 Reply

every one in wwe is dieing

it's true they are all dieing every last one all of them gone AHHHHHHH

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

Hello People :-)

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 07:22:49 Reply

As far as I can tell Kane is alive and well.

I think WWE should reduce the number of PPV;s. Not drastically reduce it, but get rid or like 2 or three. That way they have ample time to build up stories and make the matches seem far mor eimportant than they do now.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 07:43:31 Reply

At 8/29/07 12:44 AM, The-Redangleprince wrote: #1) Montel vontavious Porter..M.V.P
From his hair, to his suit, to his attitude, everything about this guy pisses off the fans. But theres on thing above all else that makes us hate him so. That thing is the fact the MVP is better than you. When MVP returned before Wrestlemania, he still had a lot to prove. Prove it he did, when he showed drastic improvement with each and every bout with Chris Benoit. So amazing was his improvement that he was able to defeat the Rabid Wolverine, one of the best wrestlers to have ever lived, in two consecutive falls to win the United States Championship.

But this alone doesn't make him the best heel today. What makes him the best heel today is being involved in the best story in WWE against one of the top faces in Matt Hardy...and if you recall, hes beaten Hardy. Cheating, stalling, substituting and beyond, with a mouth to talk trash and a boot to back it up, MVP is as good as it gets, or maybe as bad? Either way, with Edge out of action, MVP wins this award just as easily as he wins everything else.

Why? Because hes better than me, better than Matt Hardy, but MOST importantly, hes better than YOU!

And he's Ballin'! It's a shame that we haven't seen him wrestle in so long, but at least his inactivity gives the fans something more to hate about him. It's like when he first started on SD! and didn't wrestle, except now the fans know he is a good wrestler, but still won't get in the ring.

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 14:05:32 Reply

I have to agree that MVP is definatly in line to be a top heel. He has shown us time and time again that he can get it done in the ring, and his skills on the mic are great. He and Matt are big highlights to SD, and I really hope that this fued elevates both these guys to main event status. Just as long as they avoid Khali at any and all costs. That guy is more like a career killer than elevater.

BBS Signature
Dream-of-Duke
Dream-of-Duke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 16:49:00 Reply

At 8/29/07 02:05 PM, Outlaw88 wrote: I have to agree that MVP is definatly in line to be a top heel. He has shown us time and time again that he can get it done in the ring, and his skills on the mic are great. He and Matt are big highlights to SD, and I really hope that this fued elevates both these guys to main event status. Just as long as they avoid Khali at any and all costs. That guy is more like a career killer than elevater.

Not so fast, my friend. MVP is getting plenty of heel heat, and he is making Matt Hardy one of the top faces in SD! right now. But do not forget that Edge is still sidelined, when he returns, he will be the head of all heels in SD! once again.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 17:22:51 Reply

At 8/29/07 04:49 PM, Dream-of-Duke wrote: Not so fast, my friend. MVP is getting plenty of heel heat, and he is making Matt Hardy one of the top faces in SD! right now. But do not forget that Edge is still sidelined, when he returns, he will be the head of all heels in SD! once again.

This is true. Edge and Hardy are like polar opposites, they pushed each other to become better heels/faces.

Deevee
Deevee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 17:24:33 Reply

Can i join your guys' club?

ElementalSoldier
ElementalSoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-29 19:59:02 Reply

I would like to join,so I'll intro myself.

I recently started watching wrestling shortly after chris benoit, killed his family and himself, not that thats a good thing,well since I'm rather new to wrestling I don't know many of the old wrestlers,except mabey hulk hogan and a few others,I would say my favorite wrestlers would have to be in order Batista,John Cena,Mr.Kennedy,ray mysterio,the Hardy brothers and CM punk,and I would have to say the best wrestling is ECW, I also hate randy orton who oddly looks and acts just like my little brother.

I also watched Summer slam live what I thought of it
-I'm glad Orton lost to Cena
-Ray kicked ass even though he was not at 100%,but what wrestler ever is
-Mr.Kennedy deserves intercontinental but omoga is just to big for him
-I didn't really care about Kane and Finnley
-I'm o so happy HHH gave that asshole "king" booker a beat down
-Thats sux CM punk lost to that cheating fag.
-and the most horrible thing of summer slam was khali disqualifying himself,though he got a beat down with the same chair,and a beating friday night by Batista so I'm confident he will have the heavy weight soon.

USMC***NGSM***Im so FAB***PM meh for a sig***0341

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 00:36:19 Reply

If both you guys post again we'll make it offical. Nothing personel, it;s just that a lot of people ask to join and never show up again so a second post is a must to become a member.

BBS Signature
boloneyman
boloneyman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 00:52:08 Reply

Just adding another note to the MVP discussion, his finisher is awesome. What is it called again?

Ithink the WWE should be doing something with Kenny. He is one of the youngest workers, and he has so much potential. They should build him as a major contender for the CW title.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 01:43:19 Reply

At 8/29/07 07:22 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I think WWE should reduce the number of PPV;s. Not drastically reduce it, but get rid or like 2 or three. That way they have ample time to build up stories and make the matches seem far mor eimportant than they do now.

They have dropped New Year's Revolution next year, so it makes me wonder if WWE isn't cognizant of the fact that when your product is bad, you can only milk the diehards so far before even they go "you know what? I'm being taken advantage of!!!! Screw this!!!!". I wonder if perhaps WWE won't just quietly drop an under-performing show each year, that way they reduce the number, but it's not like they'll really raise eyebrows and be forced to admit failure and that they have too many (you know they hate doing that). Honestly, it should be one a month, with the very logical reasoning of "if we have all three brands working all shows, we just don't need as many shows because it raises the risk of injury and oversaturation. Also, scrap ONS and put the king of the ring or some new gimmick that performs into that slot. Because the ONS name is worthless unless it's preceded by the idea of a true ECW type show.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
StevensA
StevensA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 02:07:52 Reply

At 8/30/07 01:43 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
At 8/29/07 07:22 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I think WWE should reduce the number of PPV;s. Not drastically reduce it, but get rid or like 2 or three. That way they have ample time to build up stories and make the matches seem far mor eimportant than they do now.
They have dropped New Year's Revolution next year, so it makes me wonder if WWE isn't cognizant of the fact that when your product is bad, you can only milk the diehards so far before even they go "you know what? I'm being taken advantage of!!!! Screw this!!!!". I wonder if perhaps WWE won't just quietly drop an under-performing show each year, that way they reduce the number, but it's not like they'll really raise eyebrows and be forced to admit failure and that they have too many (you know they hate doing that). Honestly, it should be one a month, with the very logical reasoning of "if we have all three brands working all shows, we just don't need as many shows because it raises the risk of injury and oversaturation. Also, scrap ONS and put the king of the ring or some new gimmick that performs into that slot. Because the ONS name is worthless unless it's preceded by the idea of a true ECW type show.

You know, I stopped watching wrestling because of how ridiculous it's got and yet, I completely agree with every word you just said, Avie.

But seriously, after the McMahon "death" angle, Chris Benoit, the way the new ECW has been going and Cena retaining the title once more, I've given up all hope for the WWE and the ECW brand. It's really gone to hell and I doubt I'll have the passion I had for wrestling again like I did years ago.

NG Mafia, Pokemon Club, Userpage.
sig by Turkeybean

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 07:10:22 Reply

At 8/30/07 12:52 AM, boloneyman wrote: Just adding another note to the MVP discussion, his finisher is awesome. What is it called again?

It's called The Playmaker. It was called something else before MVP started using it but I forget that name. It is pretty cool though.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 07:13:30 Reply

At 8/30/07 07:10 AM, Outlaw88 wrote:
At 8/30/07 12:52 AM, boloneyman wrote: Just adding another note to the MVP discussion, his finisher is awesome. What is it called again?
It's called The Playmaker. It was called something else before MVP started using it but I forget that name. It is pretty cool though.

Overdrive? I think Orton used it before the RKO, and Carlito did too. He might've called it the Cool Breaker or something.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 11:49:26 Reply

At 8/30/07 07:13 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Overdrive? I think Orton used it before the RKO, and Carlito did too. He might've called it the Cool Breaker or something.

Indeed they did. The Overdrive and the Spinning Neckbreaker are usually given to rookie wrestlers when they can't come up with a finisher. I hate it, and I think MVP should have something different. Coll name though.

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 11:57:55 Reply

At 8/30/07 11:49 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Indeed they did. The Overdrive and the Spinning Neckbreaker are usually given to rookie wrestlers when they can't come up with a finisher. I hate it, and I think MVP should have something different. Coll name though.

According to the internet he used to do a spinning kick called the Malicious Intent, and he did a springboard shooting star press in DSW. I think he could definately branch out into a better finisher.
I think Striker uses the Overdrive too, but I don't watch ECW, so I don't know.

Cena-buttock
Cena-buttock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 13:34:21 Reply

At 8/30/07 11:57 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: According to the internet he used to do a spinning kick called the Malicious Intent, and he did a springboard shooting star press in DSW. I think he could definately branch out into a better finisher.

Greetings!!

If I recall correctly, MVP also used a move called TTB (Tribute to Benoit) during his days in FIP. It was basically a Crippler Crossface, but I doubt WWE will allow him to use that move for obvious reasons.

Now, I would like to join this club in the hopes of having some intelligent wrestling discussion. As you can tell my favorite grappler is DA CHAMP, JOHN CENA. I must say I was overjoyed at the sight of Cena beating that bastard Rand.E Orton at the Summer Party of Slam.

It is also my belief that Rand should be imprisoned due to his actions against Cena Sr during this week's broadcast of RAW.

Greetings!
Welcome to Ng is Buttock!

Deevee
Deevee
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-08-30 16:08:05 Reply

At 8/30/07 12:36 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: If both you guys post again we'll make it offical. Nothing personel, it;s just that a lot of people ask to join and never show up again so a second post is a must to become a member.

Ok, Second post!

At 8/30/07 02:07 AM, StevensA wrote: You know, I stopped watching wrestling because of how ridiculous it's got and yet, I completely agree with every word you just said, Avie.

But seriously, after the McMahon "death" angle, Chris Benoit, the way the new ECW has been going and Cena retaining the title once more, I've given up all hope for the WWE and the ECW brand. It's really gone to hell and I doubt I'll have the passion I had for wrestling again like I did years ago.

I agree with you that all the stories and things lately have gotten really ridiculous. I really wanted Orton to win the title so there could be some more story in the next few shows, but nooooooo Orton had to lose and the WWE just had to have Cena seem impossible to beat by playing fair.

I just want HHH to fight Cena and for HHH to whoop that ass.