Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-20 13:05:41 Reply

Probably to make up for the time Edge would have had. Good to see Carlito finally back on PPV. Sandman too.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan
Click the sig... Check my blog. My podcast: The Freakacast!

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-20 14:48:55 Reply

At 7/20/07 11:31 AM, IND658 wrote: Well, another match has been added to the Bash,
Sandman vs. Carlito.

Singapore Cane on a Pole match? I feel like making a Vinny Russo joke, but instead I'll just say... Its good to see both Sandman and Carlito in a PPV match. They've worked with one another in these type of matches before, and at the very least it'll be a fun match.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-20 17:19:22 Reply

You gotta feel sorry for Edge. Listening to his speech at the start of Smackdown, I just can't help but feel that his heart wasn't in putting himself over as the heel. He looked dejected.

SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Animator
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-20 20:07:30 Reply

I feel so bad for Edge. You could hear how miserable he is about the whole thing, especially since he hasn't had the title for that long.

I hope he comes back soon and gets another title run...

Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-20 23:56:52 Reply

I'll watch SD tomorrw since I had to tape it due to work. Really bad time for Edge sicne he was finally set to have a title run to make him a solid champ. i'm sure he will be put back into the title hunt once he has healed.

WWE Club Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

BBS Signature
Redface
Redface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-21 11:12:48 Reply

WWE can suck my balls for the time being. I wish someone would take TNA outta the shitter. I hate that there's like five fucking belts now, I hate that Joe is the sole World Tag Team champion, I hate that they made A.J. Styles, who used to be the Top guy and the brand and one of my favorite wrestlers currently, Christian Cage's bitch. I hate how Shark Boy, the so called "Fan Favorite" is nothing more than a jobber now. Please God, Deliver us from Russo.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature
TheD-LucksEdition
TheD-LucksEdition
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 08:55:46 Reply

For the first time since the redesign, it's The D-Lucks Great American Bash Predictions!!! As per usual, winners in bold, and match types in italics.

1. Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero vs. Jamie Noble vs. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Funaki vs. Shannon Moore (Cruiserweight Open)

Surely, Creative have the slightest bit of sense to finally put the belt on Jimmy now. He's a damn good worker and he's way over with the crowd, so why the fuck they haven't put the belt on him already, I don't know. Jimmy to win this match that's been added on at the last minute with no build-up. Again.

2. Sandman vs. Carlito (Singapore Cane on a Pole Match)

If Sandman's supposed to be getting a good undercard push 'round abouts now, then surely he's going to win this match, especially with what's happened in recent weeks with Sandman getting DQ'd for using the cane. I also see Regal coming down to interfere in the match, but in this match Sandman will finally be allowed to use it legally, and get the win, with Creative yet again shitting on Carlito.

3. Women's Champion Candice Michelle vs. Melina

I'm actually going against my better judgement on this one. Candice has been booked as a 'lifelong dream champion', meaning that technically she should have a decent run with the belt. But for some reason, I reckon that a loss now would make Melina look weak. But then again, Creative probably couldn't care less, so I reckon Candice will retain.

4. Dusty Rhodes vs. Randy Orton (Texas Bullrope Match)

I've got one of my astonishing match events predictions for this one like I did for the WWE Championship Match at Vengeance. Whether this one will even slightly turn out true, I don't know. But the hell with it.
Basically, Dusty's on his last legs. Randy's ultimately mashed him up good and proper after a hard battle. He's stalking Dusty for the RKO, but doesn't notice Cody Rhodes coming down the ramp with a steel chair. Dusty gets up, realises what's going on, and pushes Randy away as he tries to RKO him. Dusty pushes Randy right into a chair shot form Cody, who wanted revenge from Monday night. Orton falls over unconscious, and Dusty touches all four corners to win. Father and son stand triumphant.
Well, that's my ideal scenario anyway. Dusty to win regardless.

5. Intercontinental Champion Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy

I get the feeling that Umaga's going to be one of those 'monster champs' again who'll get a long run with the belt before someone beats him, but this time without any retarded Wonderfan scenarios to muck it up. I get the feeling that Jeff's not going to succeed tonight, also because he's already a former IC Champ, a man who's held singles gold. Unlike...

6. United States Champion MVP vs. Matt Hardy

Yep, I reckon Matt will win gold tonight, whereas Jeff will not, mainly because then both Hardys can claim that they have held singles gold. I also think that MVP has a much larger chance of losing than Umaga does. So I reckon Matt will win his first singles gold tonight.

7. ECW World Champion John Morrison vs. CM Punk

Personally, I hate Nitro's new gimmick. I preferred his old music and look. And John Morrison's not even his real name. Surely, they'll put the belt on Punk now, they've just got too. And if Nitro somehow retains, then I reckon Punk will win the gold at Summerslam. Next match please.

8. World Heavyweight Champion The Great Khali vs. Batista vs. Kane (Triple Threat Match)

I feel dirty even typing that. But they've hyped the new reign of Khali so much this week, that I find it impossible to see anyone other than Khali walking out of the Bash with the title. Khali will most likely pin Kane, seeing as he's the most dispensable of the three right now. Vince loves Batista too much to have him pinned, plus now that there's a new champion, Batista is free from the Last Chance clause. Which means that there'll be more endless Batista title challenges over the next few months, except now there's no Edge or King Booker to make them good. Sorry, Smackdown, but you've been royally fucked over.

9. WWE Champion John Cena vs. Bobby Lashley

They effectively ruined the result of this match on Monday, when Cena said to Lashley, "Your aggression will be your downfall." They also seem to have been making a really crappy attempt of turning Lashley heel, with him spearing Cena, threatening Coach, and worst of all, throwing over a podium. But the crowd still cheer him. Anyways, because of the comments made by Cena, such as the one above, and Lashley's rash actions on RAW, I see Cena ONCE A-FUCKING-GAIN overcoming the odds and getting the win.

-------

And that's that. All matches predicted. Thoughts, people?

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 10:17:14 Reply

I think MVP will get the win since he lost to Matt on SD not long ago. I think it will be an awesome match reguardless.

BBS Signature
TheD-LucksEdition
TheD-LucksEdition
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 10:31:26 Reply

At 7/22/07 10:17 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: I think MVP will get the win since he lost to Matt on SD not long ago. I think it will be an awesome match reguardless.

But then remember that last time Hardy and MVP met on the show before last last week, Chris Masters and MVP had the momentum. A lot of the time, the one with the momentum heading into the match loses, even more so if it is the heel with the momentum.

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 12:52:02 Reply

I made picks on another site, I'll just copy those.

WWE.com has announced that Chavo Guerrero will defend his Cruiserweight title in a "Cruiserweight Open" match. He will face Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Funaki and Jamie Noble.

Now, time for my picks.

Cruiserweight Open match: I'm going with Jamie Noble. He's been getting a lot of air time as of late, and I think he'll win the CW title.

Randy Orton vs Dusty Rhodes:
I'm taking Randy. A part of me feels that Cody will turn heel, the rest of me believes Orton will crush Dusty and Randy and Cody will keep on feuding. Either way, Orton wins.

John Morrison vs CM Punk:
Morrison is a new gimmick, unless someone in the back really hates him I don't see him losing the title yet. Punk's time will be at Summerslam.

Candice vs Melina:
Botched interference by Beth Phoenix gives Candice the win.

Carlito vs. Sandman:
Sandman's specialty match... So you know Carlito's winning. Vince likes Sandman, but he has to realize that of the two, Carlito is the one with a ton of potential.

Umaga vs. Jeff Hardy:
Jeff wins via DQ (Maybe the return of Armando?) Umaga retains the title.

MVP vs. Matt Hardy
MVP will win and one of two things will happen. Either this feud will continue, or due to Edge's injury Matt will be elevated to the ME scene by losing the match, but still looking strong.

John Cena vs Bobby Lashley:
SPOILERS!!!: Cena wins

The Great Khali vs Kane vs Batista
You will worship the Great Khali, you will bow down to The Great Khali. Too much Khalifornication for Kane and Batista in this match.

Now, some news!

WWE had minor interest in Nigel McGuiness but backed off when they found out he was under ROH contract.

The should have signed him and teamed him up with Regal and Taylor, maybe add Harry Smith and Paul Burchill and you would have a bad-ass stable of Brits.

Updated Summerslam rumors have Triple H returning to beat Booker T. Randy Orton would win the title from John Cena. This would build to Triple H vs Randy Orton as the top feud with John Cena right in the middle.

I hate this... Say what you will about Cena, but he's not a chinlock-happy prick who continues to screw up time and time again. Orton does not deserve to hold the WWE title (or WHC for that matter) and is just a waste of space.

Jamie Noble (real name James Gibson) has been promoted to a WWE producer (agent) that will be in charge of putting the matches together for the cruiserweights. WWE agents are also labeled as producers but not to produce TV. The WWE agents help "produce" the matches and go over the main spots with the wrestlers.

People might know now this, but Noble's actually great in the ring. Hopefully this means the Cruiserweights will get more of a chance to shine in the near future... And maybe Noble could be the CW champion, it just makes sense.

At then there's this.... Credit:The Wrestling Observer (So its probably BS)

As a result of the Benoit family tragedy, Vince has put a ban on using any sort of chokehold in WWE matches. Talent and producers have to get special permission from McMahon before using a chokehold in a match. Vince feared the media would use WWE footage of wrestlers in chokeholds. At this point, no media outlets have shown any footage relating to chokeholds.

In related news.... In accordance to the banning of choke holds. Randy Orton has been released from World Wrestling Entertainment today. But, they wish him the best in all of his future endeavors >_>

And in some Indy news which gave me a chuckle... Chuck Taylor won the IWA-Mid South WOMEN'S TITLE. But there is one condition. Chuck has 30 days to prove that he is a woman or else he can't keep the women's title.

For those who don't know Chuck Taylor, he's one of the fastest rising stars in the Indepedents, he's wrestled for CHIKARA as well as IWA-Mid South... He also makes kids cry. And here's the proof.

Chuck Taylor makes a kid cry!

TheD-LucksEdition
TheD-LucksEdition
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 13:52:11 Reply

At 7/22/07 12:52 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Khalifornication

That is now officially my favouritest word ever.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 15:46:07 Reply

At 7/21/07 11:12 AM, Redface wrote: WWE can suck my balls for the time being. I wish someone would take TNA outta the shitter. I hate that there's like five fucking belts now, I hate that Joe is the sole World Tag Team champion, I hate that they made A.J. Styles, who used to be the Top guy and the brand and one of my favorite wrestlers currently, Christian Cage's bitch. I hate how Shark Boy, the so called "Fan Favorite" is nothing more than a jobber now. Please God, Deliver us from Russo.

It isn't all Russo, it's the fact that the company is running exactly like WWE in they do not build new stars, and like WCW they are obssesed with bringing in any and all WWE castoffs with some name value and then pushing them to the top. But even at that they fail because they actually manage to make the guys worth less. You can't blame it all on one person for the problems in TNA it's a top to bottom situation where the people with the power and the authority need to make changes to their product so that it becomes better, push the home grown guys with talent, push the outside stars who deliver, drop anybody who dosen't. It's as simple as that, maybe if ROH can get successful and get on TV as well as PPV it will make TNA change it up, since nobody likes to come in second, but would hate it even more to be third.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 16:01:36 Reply

At 7/22/07 08:55 AM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: 1. Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero vs. Jamie Noble vs. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Funaki vs. Shannon Moore (Cruiserweight Open)

Once again, WWE just throws a title match onto a show. Does anybody really even care? Does it even really matter? Put it on Yang as a thank you for working hard and the fuckery they've put him through and give the fans a feel good opener.

This I think determines if Carlito is on punishment from Mania, and I think he still is. I see Sandman winning this one, hopefully there's a lot of plunder here or Carlito controls the offense because Hak is very limited.

Again, who cares? There's no real women's division anymore...Candice wins to move on to a new feud.

I think you give Randy the technical win here to keep him strong, you let him bludgeon and beat the fuck out of Dusty, then you have Cody come in and lay Orton out to set up the inevitable Summerslam match and try to get Cody some heat back after looking like a schmuck so far.

Creative likes Umaga, and I think if there's any hope of rebuilding the IC division, a monster champ run by Umaga is probably the best way to go. I've seen some interesting scenarios involving Jeff winning, but I don't think he needs the belt at present, and giving Umaga a vicious heel run could wind up paying big dividends for whoever finally ends it. Sadly, that's exactly what could have happened with Santino Marella if WWE hadn't just completely killed the guy off.

This could be the match that carries SD! for a few months now, especially with Edge out, I think MVP trades the belt to Hardy here, and they go back and forth with it for a couple months. The belt is worthless, and Hardy is the kind of dance partner that can only make MVP better. Plus, fans care about Hardy, so it could also restore some luster to the title.

I think Punk has to win here because again this could be a great feud that would improve both men's stock and only help the frankly fucked ECW brand. But the head of ECW creative believes Morrison is the man right now, and nobody is sticking up for Punk, so I see Morrison beating him yet again, hopefully with a fucky finish (which SHOULD have been done at Vengeance as well!) to try and get at least a bout at Summerslam out of this.

8. World Heavyweight Champion The Great Khali vs. Batista vs. Kane (Triple Threat Match)

Khali is crap, they know it, we know it. I see WWE knocking Khali out of this early, and slipping the belt back on Big Dave because he's what worked before, though I think Kane as a monster heel champion for Batista to chase is your most interesting possibility, and I think Kane has more then earned a real chance on top as he's a decent worker people like, and he's always been a good soldier like his "brother" The Undertaker. Hope they give it to Kane, but I believe it's going to Batista.

This is actually hard to call. Vince is super behind Lashley right now, as he's always loved those musclemen, and it'd be hard to book a loss for Lashley here and keep him strong. Plus, Cena has been champ for 10 months now, and even on a guy who WWE is ultra behind and making a franchise (like Cena) that's a damn long reign. Cena dosen't need the belt at this point, and WWE could flip it to Lashley as a way of setting up Summerslam, and a way to try and push the "see? Anything can happen on ANY of our PPV's so they're all important!" idea. I say Lashley goes over here, but not necessarily clean.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 17:09:44 Reply

1. Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero vs. Jamie Noble vs. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Funaki vs. Shannon Moore (Cruiserweight Open)

I cant predict anything that hasn't already been predicted, so I'm going to be the one who predicts the thing that creative do EVERY TIME a PPV comes around.

It's Sandman's speciality, something which he has been restricted from doing forever. I think he wins.

Fuck, who cares? Candice hasn't had it long, she probably won't lose it now. Maybe Beth Phoenix will win it off her eventually, then fued with Mickie James, in a rehash of the storyline that got scrapped because of Phoenix getting injured.

Cody interuption. Yada yada.

There's no real build up here, so no real reason to fuck up Umaga's image.

I'm not sure on this, it should be a good match either way, and any outcome is fine with me, and would probably continue the feud anyway.

They can't realistically take Nitro's gold this soon into his reign, and this soon after his new image. It would be inexplicable.

Note: WWECW has been known to do 'inexplicable' things in the past.

Wishful thinking maybe, but I definately think Khali won't retain. A triple threat is the only viable match wherein Khali could lose the title, seeing as he doesn't need to be involved in the outcome of the match (as the announcers will no doubt remind you several times throughout the match).
I see a Khali brain chop to take Batista out, Kane doing a miraculous clothesline of Khali over the top rope (provided Khali has worked out how to do that), then Kane pinning Batista to win.
This way, Khali looks strong, because he hit Batista with the winning move, Kane looks strong because he got Khali over the top rope, and batista hopefully vanishes to jobber level.

I bolded the whole thing, because, in a match like this, EVERYONE's a winner, especially the fans :D
This match should be a treat to watch, and FULLY deserves its place at the top of the bill.

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 17:54:10 Reply

Can someone give me brief cliffnotes on any relevant backstories relating to tonight's card, as it looks lame on paper and I'll probably watch more of the Braves game while flicking otherwise.

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
Redface
Redface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 18:20:37 Reply

Chuck Taylor makes a kid cry, Part 2.

"Kid's gonna hulk up on Chuck!"

BBS Signature
aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 18:41:41 Reply

At 7/22/07 05:54 PM, jonthomson wrote: Can someone give me brief cliffnotes on any relevant backstories relating to tonight's card, as it looks lame on paper and I'll probably watch more of the Braves game while flicking otherwise.

Lashley/Cena is based on Lashley winning a Number 1 contender's match, and his never having lost the ECW title.

Punk vs. Morisson is basically the same plot as above, except Punk has already done a clean job to Morisson once.

I'm not sure anything else has really had much build to it at all, the SD! World Title match is a hastily thrown together bout due to Edge's injury.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 19:24:35 Reply

At 7/22/07 06:20 PM, Redface wrote: Chuck Taylor makes a kid cry, Part 2.

"Kid's gonna hulk up on Chuck!"

ROFL... Let it be known, Chuck Taylor>>>> Kids.

And to Jomthomson, watch the Cards vs Braves... Just read the results afterwards. The PPV is not worth yours (or anyone's) 40 bucks. Only Rhodes vs Orton and Lashley vs Cena have had something that resembles some build-up.... And its only been about 3 weeks worth of build-up.

Once again, there's too many PPV's Vince!! Because Vince is obviously an avid NG user and he'll be reading this post.

HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 19:27:15 Reply

At 7/22/07 07:24 PM, pepeatumi wrote: And to Jomthomson, watch the Cards vs Braves... Just read the results afterwards. The PPV is not worth yours (or anyone's) 40 bucks.

I get this PPV free on my Sky TV package :D Though whether the PPV is worth my three hours (probably two and half hours, it being a WWE PPV) of time taken to watch it, is another matter.

jonthomson
jonthomson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 19:51:59 Reply

Yeah, we get this one free. The only PPV I'd actually pay to see is the Royal Rumble.

SiXFouR.668 EU

BBS Signature
pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-22 23:36:43 Reply

At 7/22/07 10:04 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Which is why I only spend money on TNA PPV's ;^}D WWE Pay Per Views I never pay for unless it's one of the Big Four. If they happen to showcase a match I'm intrested in, I wait till its available online.

This... If nothing else, TNA has been delivering on their PPV's as of late. You could also buy the ROH PPV (one of the best PPV's of the year so far) and enjoy some wrestling on a wrestling show.

By the way, Hornswoggle is the new CW champion and Cena won.... yeah.

Clownshock
Clownshock
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 00:34:07 Reply

At 7/22/07 11:36 PM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 7/22/07 10:04 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Which is why I only spend money on TNA PPV's ;^}D WWE Pay Per Views I never pay for unless it's one of the Big Four. If they happen to showcase a match I'm intrested in, I wait till its available online.
This... If nothing else, TNA has been delivering on their PPV's as of late. You could also buy the ROH PPV (one of the best PPV's of the year so far) and enjoy some wrestling on a wrestling show.

By the way, Hornswoggle is the new CW champion and Cena won.... yeah.

Lol, WWE is so desparate. Why the fuck don't they kill off Cena already!!! Giving him the title for this long just annoys the hell out of Cena fans. It's too fucking easy if the new people's champ just wins every match. Lashley should have won. Kane should've won also. Damn, WWE just keeps fucking up everything. I'm glad Morrison won though. He deserves it.

I won't ever cheat on my bitch but I'll still sleep with a luger

pepeatumi
pepeatumi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 01:08:48 Reply

By the way, the ME for RAW is....

John Cena and Candice Michelle vs Cade/Murdoch and Umaga.... That's right, a match featuring all the champions. I've never seen anything like that, what's that? TNA did the same thing about a week ago?

It would not surprise me to see the RAW rating go down yet again. Its like Vince wants his product to fail.

Outlaw88
Outlaw88
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 01:24:45 Reply

I hate Nitro's new name...

Hey kids! Question: How do you further degrade a belt that has already been dragged through the mud time and time again?
Answer: Give it to a midget! Or a "person of size" if you want to be PC. For Gods sake how in the hell are we supposed to take that title seriously when the only time it changes hands is in an open invitational, and the little guy who lives under the ring wins it?! At least Chavo was putting on some solid matches with Yang and the other cruisers.

WWE seems to like to piss us off.....

BBS Signature
soyo08
soyo08
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 01:28:20 Reply

is me or lashley suck no seriously i love lashley but he lost

Intergalactic-Badass
Intergalactic-Badass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 01:56:18 Reply

Hey, I am a huge huge WWE (and wrestling in general) fan and i was wondering if i can join please i know a good amount about wrestling and all, please?

Slay-O-Matic
Slay-O-Matic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 02:11:38 Reply

Anyone has an idea of what will happen at summerslam for the jackass thing?

DannyIsOnFire
DannyIsOnFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 05:18:04 Reply

I dunno if this has been mentioned or not but hell, im gonna give my opinions anyway :P
I used to ben an avid wrestling fan about 5-7 years ago.
Back when it was faster, harder, and overall better.

Now, looking at the latest PPV results, i am extremley dissapointed with the entire thing.
Heres my take on the matches:

Montel Vontavious Porter defeated Matt Hardy to retain the WWE United States Championship
I fully expected both Matt and his brother Jeff to pull out victorys. A great tag team, i thought it was pretty much a guarantee that they'd both end up with gold, possibly going on to capture tag team gold as well. Overall, Matt's been around for as long as i can remember, and deserved to win IMO.

Hornswoggle defeated Chavo Guerrero, Jimmy Wang Yang, Shannon Moore, Funaki and Jamie Noble to win the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
Hornswoggle? The midget leprechaun? This was probably the most dissapointing part of the payper view. Jimmy Wang Yang looks to be a new (and pretty damn good) talent, and i think he should have tasted victory last night. Failing that, Jamie Noble was the second best wrestler in the match... If not Yang, then Noble should have retained.

Carlito defeated The Sandman in a Singapore Cane on a Pole Match
No comment really. I'm not sure what the storyline was (if indeed there was one) but it just seemed like an average fairly short match. Oh, and from what i remember, The Sandman was the king of the Singapore Cane. Dunno if its something to do with Carlito's new gimmik or anything so...

Candice Michelle defeated Melina to retain the WWE Women's Championship
Never been a fan of women's wrestling :P Pretty crap (from a wrestling point of view) to watch. No comment on this match really.

Umaga defeated Jeff Hardy to retain the WWE Intercontinental Championship
The high-flying Jeff Hardy against some rather large non-english speaking heel. Jeff's always been a favorite wrestler of mine, and i was really hoping he'd come from behind to score a big upset. Ties in with what i mentioned in Matt's match.

John Morrison defeated CM Punk to retain the ECW World Championship
What with the death of Chris Benoit, this storyline was pretty poor IMO. I fully expected Benoit to win the ECW Championship against CM Punk, and those two to be involved in a major fued. However, when "John Morrison" was throw in to replace him, i feel the storyline took a major blow. He ain't a bad wrestler or anything, but he was elevated from mid-card status, to World Champion far to quickly. Surely there was another wreslter on the roster would could have replaced Benoit? The Boogeyman, Tommy Dreamer or a member of the New Bread for example.

Randy Orton defeated Dusty Rhodes in a Texas Bullrope match
Again, no idea what the storyline was here, but at a glance, it would seem that old Dusty Rhodes would beat some repect into Orton. Not saying Orton would take that respect and turn face or anything, but i still reckoned Dusty should have won.

The Great Khali defeated Kane and Batista in a Triple Threat match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship
In my opinion, it was a mistake to put Khali as World Heavyweight Champion. He's already been established as a Monster Heel, so who exactly is gonna beat him? He's already took out a lot of impressive names, including both The Undertaker and Kane. My idea would have been for Kane and Batista to realise the need to team up, and eliminate him together. Failing that, one of them should definatley have won at The Great American Bash. Khali takes out Kane, Batista knocks the Great Khali from the ring, hits a Spine Buster/Batista Bomb on Kane, and wins it.

John Cena defeated Bobby Lashley to retain the WWE Championship
Now, i aint a fan of Cena or anything, but i do respect his ability, and the fact that he can put up with the shitload of stick he gets. However, he's held the title to long now for a relative newcomer. Reating against the likes of The Great Khali and Umaga, i think its time he suffered a loss. Lashley would have been a great champion and more importantly, a fresh face at the top of the business. The way Cena won it seemed impressive mind. F-U from the top turnbuckle.

Overall, im pretty disapointed with how things are going with WWE nowadays. Looking, it was so much damn better about 6 years ago...

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature
jimmick
jimmick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 05:39:30 Reply

Hey, psst...
Wrestling is choreographed

[I Has A Hat]
And it's on my head, your source for stupid comics and everything hats (No hats)

BBS Signature
Redface
Redface
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Writer
Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2007-07-23 06:13:46 Reply

At 7/23/07 05:39 AM, jimmick wrote: Hey, psst...
Wrestling is choreographed

*sigh* At least somethings don't change...

Well, I don't know 'bout you, Pep, but in 20 years, I'm gonna be markin' for Chuck Taylor vs. That Kid. MATCH OF THE YEAR.

BBS Signature