00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,515,830 Views | 29,934 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 00:39:00

At 11/11/06 11:53 PM, LordKooler wrote: Here's another awesome match that I found on Youtube. Low Ki vs. Davey Richards from IWA Mid South's 2006 Ted Petty Invitational tournament. This is one of the best indy matches of the current decade. Watch this match NOW.

That was a damn good match. Started off with some nice technical wrestling and then both guy went nuts delivering stiif chops and kicks. One of the announcers mentioned and I thin he was right, it was one match that went by fast and that's something that usually happens with a good match.

And I got to see the Ghetto Stomp which is always great.

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 01:32:01

At 11/11/06 09:24 PM, Slapdamonkey wrote: I'll sell the tickets, who's got the merchandise?

That would be me :P

I hear ya redface, I really do. I remember the time when SD was the better of the two brands. It had top notch cruiser matches, technical and power got represented with ease, and you actually gave a damn. It was a good time. Paul E. was writing it then. But then they demoted him, most likely due to Steph hating him, and WWE prides Raw as it's flagship show, so many of the wrestlers who had built up momentum were send over there.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 02:19:44

They aren't saying anything that hasn't been said to anyone on the internet with credibility (which I imagine is where these guys stole it from). I'm calling bullshit on the re-sign though, WWE has standard 90 day no-compete clauses built into their contracts. Plus, TNA is not the "everybody who worked at the national level is welcome" company they once were, if you haven't made some kind of a real impact (either main event or semi-main event in WWE or WCW or ECW) at this point? They won't sign you up.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 07:00:38

At 11/10/06 12:37 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote:
At 11/9/06 06:26 PM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: SD VS RAW 07 is comng out on the 14th.
It came out today for me in the UK :D

Can someone get me a history of smackdown? From The Dlucks editons favourite site Wikipedia or something?
What makes you say that?

Oh you updated your profile. Usually you provide links to that evergrowing site. (Its a good thing)

OMG YOU LUCKY B*STARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'( :'( :'( YOU GOT SD VS RAW 07?!!?!! Well I only have to pay 10 bucks for a new version. I LOVE GIFT CERTS!!!
I recently watched most of ECW Blood sport. OMG I LOVE ECW WAY MORE!!!!!!!! To bad none of the clssic ECW will ever happen again. THAT BARBED WIRE MATCH BETWEEN SABU AND TERRY FUNK!!!!! Ok I saw 2 cold scorpio and I wasn't impressed. Its probably because that was him literally 11 years ago. ECW Blood Sport is rated TV MA. (Mature adults). ITS SO VIOLENT!!!!!!! Hey what was that match that they always show on previews with a guy falling through 5 tables in sort of like a table pyramid??? Someone please tell me?
Oh and I got a blood test on friday, only took the bandaid off yesterday. WTF IS ALL THOSE RED MARKS? DID THEY MISS WITH THE DAMN NEEDLE???!!?! Well in my diagnosis I'm allergic to a lame ass wrestler called the boogeyman.. I think he sucks. Imagine this. The Boogeyman against Kane or The Undertaker. Or Umaga. See they usually pit him against those "nameless" wrestlers like on Friday night SmackDown(!). I also watched the movie called Hell Yeah! Its basically a little piece of Stone Cold's career. I think it was made around 2000. Because the matches only went up to late '99. Thats all for now folks!!!!!!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 07:15:11

At 11/12/06 07:00 AM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: Hey what was that match that they always show on previews with a guy falling through 5 tables in sort of like a table pyramid???

thats part of the "don't try this at home" bit right?
i believe it is a Dudley brothers tag match from some p.p.v. i cant remember the exact details.
i used to love all the T.L.C. back then, some of the best matches in wwe history for me.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 09:17:06

At 11/12/06 07:15 AM, madknt wrote: thats part of the "don't try this at home" bit right?
i believe it is a Dudley brothers tag match from some p.p.v. i cant remember the exact details.
i used to love all the T.L.C. back then, some of the best matches in wwe history for me.

I remember that match. It was the Hardy Boys vs. the Dudleys in a table match, and Jeff Swanton Bombed both the Dudleys on a table stack, I think. That was the first PPV I ever watched, and the first time I actually properly watched wrestling. It was Royal Rumble 2000, when HHH beat Cactus Jack in a street fight, and it was Kurt's first loss in the WWE, when Tazz made him tap out.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 09:47:21

YO I GOT WM 23 tickets 5th row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yha!!!!!!i cant fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!

also here is a awsome RVD sig i made u can use it for other boards
http://i15.tinypic.com/2nsc710.gif

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 09:56:09

At 11/12/06 09:17 AM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote:
I remember that match. It was the Hardy Boys vs. the Dudleys in a table match, and Jeff Swanton Bombed both the Dudleys on a table stack, I think. That was the first PPV I ever watched, and the first time I actually properly watched wrestling. It was Royal Rumble 2000, when HHH beat Cactus Jack in a street fight, and it was Kurt's first loss in the WWE, when Tazz made him tap out.

Wasn't that the Triangle Ladder match? I rememebr the HHH-Cactus Jack match, a Pedigree into some thumbtacks... saucy.

And of course like you mentioned it was the debut of Tazz as he choked out Angle and like a sissy, Angle started to complain about how it was an "illegal" choke. After seeing that I thought, damn, Tazz is going to get pushed in the WWF... Of course after he was done feuding with Angle he did nothing the rest of his stay. At least he got an announcing gig out of it, but still he should have been used better.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 10:13:22

At 11/12/06 09:56 AM, pepeatumi wrote: Wasn't that the Triangle Ladder match?

My mistake. It was still pretty awesome. They had some great spots.

I rememebr the HHH-Cactus Jack match, a Pedigree into some thumbtacks... saucy.

Yeh, that match had awesome spots too. Streetfights nowadays just consist of having no countouts and perhaps a manager interupting. In the olden days they tore up the fucking joint.

And of course like you mentioned it was the debut of Tazz as he choked out Angle and like a sissy, Angle started to complain about how it was an "illegal" choke. After seeing that I thought, damn, Tazz is going to get pushed in the WWF... Of course after he was done feuding with Angle he did nothing the rest of his stay. At least he got an announcing gig out of it, but still he should have been used better.

Back then I was just a lowly mark, and I didn't have Sky, so I only got to watch a handful of the PPVs and Sunday Night Heat. I didn't really have any way of keeping up with the storylines. The next PPV I saw was Backlash 2000, at the return of the rattlesnake.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 10:26:42

Could someone explain to me what hell happened last night? Apparently a TNA show in Conneticut (where the WWE headquarters are located) was cancelled, the police said they had to shut it down because of inadequate exits for the estimated amount of fans.

One TNA wrestler said the police arrived onto the scene like they were breaking up a major drug bust. Police wouldn't even let fans get to the building to get refunds.

Obviously the finger pointing started throughout the "Internet" and all fingers were pointing at one direction, the WWE's direction. In response to that the E issued this statement.

"Please make clear to your readers that there is no truth to the assertion that WWE had anything to do with the cancellation of the TNA event in Bloomfield. I don't know why the event was cancelled, but, whatever the reason, it had nothing to do with us."

But wait.... there's more. Fans outside the building are chanting "F*** Vince McMahon". It's not clear who made the phone calls to building inspectors, but one of the police officers told one of the TNA officials on site, "You know you have a competitor up here who isn't making your life easy".

Of course all of this happened after, An mysterious complaint resulted in state inspectors determining that the original building scheduled for tonight's TNA house show in Connecticut being changed at the last minute.

The show was originally scheduled at the Face Off Arena in East Hartford, Connecticut and has now been changed to the Bloomfield Tennis Academy in Bloomfield, Connecticut.

So I don't what the hell happened exactly, for all I know this was all blown way out of proportion... but maybe it wasn't , either way it makes for some good discussions.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 13:31:58

At 11/12/06 12:37 AM, LordKooler wrote: AJ Styles (w/Alexis Laree (Mickie James) vs Paul London. ROH Night of the Grudges 06/14/2003.

Holy Shit Awesome. Since when was Mickie James a valet for anybody? IN THE RING OF HONOR, NO LESS!!! You know my man AJ tapped that ass a couple times! Paul London vs. AJ Styles is consindered to be one of the greatest feuds in wrestling history.

*Sigh* Yeah, outlaw88. What I think they should do is maybe bring Cena back to SD!. I dunno, That's the only suggestion I got.

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 14:04:35

At 11/12/06 09:47 AM, L-O-L-VG wrote: YO I GOT WM 23 tickets 5th row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
yha!!!!!!i cant fucking wait!!!!!!!!!!

Dude! I'm about five rows behind you then! WOOT WOOT!!

It's gonna be a hell of a time, i bet ya.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 15:22:31

At 11/12/06 10:26 AM, pepeatumi wrote:
So I don't what the hell happened exactly, for all I know this was all blown way out of proportion... but maybe it wasn't , either way it makes for some good discussions.

Interesting story. It leave me with two questions. Is TNA starting to make Vince nervous?(probably) Does Vince have enough money to buys some cops?(definitely)

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 15:29:45

Some SS news...

The Kennedy-Taker match will now be a first blood match... And Carlito is still not a part of Survivor Series.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 15:36:52

At 11/12/06 02:17 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote:
I envy you both so much right now it's not even funny.

Need a hug?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 16:36:41

At 11/12/06 03:29 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Some SS news...

The Kennedy-Taker match will now be a first blood match... And Carlito is still not a part of Survivor Series.

Guess that Kennedy is going to job to Taker after beating him to a bloody mess on Friday. As a matter of fact, jobbing to Taker has become a formular for the uprising stars to be succeful. Cena jobbed to Taker before he became a big name, Randy Orton jobbed to Taker before he returned to the ME scene. Now it is Kennedy's turn. I know that the company has a plan of pushing Kennedy to the ME scene by WM23, that was why they ordered Taker for him. Kennedy has got a win over Taker (DQ), and there is no shame to lose this one. All he needs to do is to avoid bitching about the WWE after jobbing. It is never a good idea to piss off the boss.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 17:34:30

SON OF A ********************************************* ********************************************* ******************************************!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can someone get their hands on that DVD??? Royal Rumble 00??????? Wil pay reasonable amount. OH I KNOW A MATCH!!!!! PEPEATUMI vs. REDFACE in a BARBED WIRE MATCH!!!!!!!!!! OH YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA!!! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW! The classic ECW is gone.

***R.I.P.***
Classic ECW
In memory of classic ECW, here lies its remains. 1994-2001.

Did everyone take 2 minutes of silence on Saturday at 11:00 a.m.?? Or is that only here in Canada? Hey avie did that flamer get banned? And what hapenned OJ? (Orlando Jordan)

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 17:51:47

At 11/12/06 03:29 PM, pepeatumi wrote: Some SS news...

Hm, I think Keneddy will win and about Carlito not in Survivor Series, thank god.

Top 50 Reviewers

Top 200 Medal Points

Follow me on miiverse MELLOWYELLOWHDR

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 18:13:48

I'd like to tell you guys something, I just recently got the Samoa Joe DVD today at HMV at Yorkdale. Right now i'm watching the Samoa Joe vs Chris Sabin match from No Surrender 2005. I plan to watch his match against AJ Styles from the 2005 Super X Cup Finals at Sacrifice 2005 after I finish watching the Joe vs Sabin match. Here's what my wrestling dvd collection looks like now,

Hard Knocks: The Chris Benoit Story,

Cheating Death Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story,

The Rise & Fall of ECW,

Forever Hardcore,

Phenomenal: The Best of AJ Styles,

TNA Best of the X Division Vol.1,

TNA Best of the Bloodiest Brawls Vol.1,

The Best of Samoa Joe: Unstoppable.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-12 22:51:07

Fuck; my comp was pulling the 'illegal operation' shit again, so I didn't post yesterday, like I was going to. ANYWAY, I shall post a few comments on the week before last's SD. But firstly, something I forgot to mention about the Trick-or-Treat Battle Royal: Whoever made Ashley's costume should be shot. >:(

(1) Is it just me, or did Chavo just legitimately fuck Rey's knee up even worse?

(2) Londrick (I guess I should be calling them that, too; it is a little easier) vs The Teacher's Pets: They cleaned the fricking house that night; even Michelle McCool's interfering wan't enough that time. NYAH-NYAH!

(3) The thing with Batista guarding Booker & Sharmell was fucking sheer rofflage. Esp. the part when Batista faked a struggle outside the room, & the part where Sharmell had to pee....

(4) B.O.D.!!!!!! FINALLY, Teddy Long MADE DAMN SURE that MVPussy & Ken could NOT get away!!!! There was just no fricking way that Teddy could POSSIBLY ruin probably ruin the BIGGEST match SD has had in years; it was SOOOOO fun to watch. So many good parts: MVP & Ken's fighting over who's the bigger superstar, then who's the current in-ring wrestler; Long's restarting the match at every attempt at the two getting out of it; JBL's quotes ("They ARE all hell..."; "MVP's getting crushed like a Bud Light can."; "Long should be arrested for homicide!"); the two Brothers trying to outdo each other; both of them doing their trademark 'raising-from-the-dead' sit-up routine at the same time; the double-Chokeslam; ahhhhhhhhh, the moments.

But why the hell did Kennedy have to get pissed o9ver the fans following suit w/ his self-intro? The fans love it, Ken; for Pete's sake, go ahead & let 'em.

(5)WTF!? Wright, that was just wrong; why did ya' have to spit your worms RIGHT IN KRYSTAL'S MOUTH!? Geez, how could Vince let this slip by?

(6) Ok, this's almost as bad as Eddie's death being part of a story plot: Vince using the historical screwing of Native Americans to turn Tatanka heel? Give me a fricking break.

I'M 1/4 CHEROKEE (whether I look it or not); I TAKE SOME OFFENSE.

Alrighty, I'll have my latest, remotely-on-time-this-time segment either up next or tomorrow.

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 00:56:36

LordKooler's Friday Night SmackDown! review
1.World Heavyweight Championship Match: King Booker (c) (w/Queen Sharmell) vs. Lashley
All Hail King Booker! The Champion of Champions! King Booker talks about conquering all the champions at Cyber Sunday and says that he is now a hero and a legend. Then King Booker talks about the time when Alexander the Great cried after he ran out of lands to conquer as King Booker weeps today. Then Theodore Long comes out with photographers and while the photographers take pictures of King Booker, Teddy Long congradulates King Booker on winning the Champion of Champions match and puts him in a match against Batista at Survivor Series. King Booker will have to defend his title at Survivor Series. Then Teddy Long forces King Booker to defend his title on Smackdown against Lashley. King Booker won at the end with help from Sharmell.
2.Matt Hardy & Jimmy Wang Yang (w/Amy) vs. Gregory Helms & Sylvan
Jimmy Wang Yang shouldn't be feuding with Sylvan, He should end Gregory Helms' reign as Cruiserweight Champion. And in my opinion, If Team DX were to lose to Team RKO at Survivor Series, They should turn Matt Hardy heel after the match by making him violently attack his brother and have Matt cut a worked shoot promo in the ring by saying that he's sick to death of being the Marty Jannetty to Jeff Hardy's Shawn Michaels. Matt Hardy & Jimmy Wang Yang won at the end.
3.Mr. Kennedy promo
Mr. Kennedy cuts another awesome promo about the Undertaker. Kennedy says that ever since Undertaker debuted at the 1990 Survivor Series, He has enjoyed 15 years of destruction. Which is impressive according to Kennedy. Then Kennedy says that he is more impressive than that because he has defeated four former world champions. Then he talks about being bigger than Smackdown itself and the fact that Undertaker prevented him from going to RAW or ECW. Then Undertaker comes out and Kennedy busts him open with his microphone.
4.Chris Benoit vs. KC James (w/Michelle McCool)
Benoit won by making James tap out to the Crossface.
5.Boogeyman vs. TJ Dalton
Boogeyman's first match back on Smackdown. I fast forwarded through most of this match., Boogeyman won at the end.
6.Batista vs. Finlay
A good match to end Smackdown. Batista won at the end.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 01:05:13

Is one match considered a feud? Cause I think that's all Tazz and Angle had.

Classic ECW is 1993-2001 actually.

The ball on the WWE rumors was fed by...surprise, surprise...1wrestling.com which is owned by TNA employee Bob Ryder!!! Um...not that I'm suggesting anything there...oh wait...yes I am.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 02:04:42

i think the WWE should rename the ECW show.
make it a slow transition so not to lose the people who just watch it because it is "ECW"
ECW sounds like it is its own federation and it isnt.
i would suggest a name, but im drawing a blank at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 02:40:53

At 11/13/06 02:04 AM, madknt wrote: i think the WWE should rename the ECW show.
make it a slow transition so not to lose the people who just watch it because it is "ECW"
ECW sounds like it is its own federation and it isnt.
i would suggest a name, but im drawing a blank at the moment.

They change the name, they may as well just cancel the show. The only thing at this point that is really keeping it going is trading on the name of ECW. Like I say, it's not a terrible show, but it's got quite a few problems right now. All of them rectifiable by WWE if they can pull their heads out of their asses long enough to do it, but considering they had a really good show here over the summer, and now they've got even the most die-hard of fans pretty much shitting on it, I just don't see that happening anytime soon.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 05:40:29

At 11/13/06 01:05 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Is one match considered a feud? Cause I think that's all Tazz and Angle had.

They had two. The other was a triple threat, Tazz-Rock-Angle and Tazz won (shocking I know). And feuds are not all about the matches, I'm pretty sure where there was an angle in which Kurt complained about how he never tapped because the tazzmission was an "illegal" move.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 05:42:53

At 11/13/06 05:40 AM, pepeatumi wrote:
At 11/13/06 01:05 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: Is one match considered a feud? Cause I think that's all Tazz and Angle had.
They had two. The other was a triple threat, Tazz-Rock-Angle and Tazz won (shocking I know). And feuds are not all about the matches, I'm pretty sure where there was an angle in which Kurt complained about how he never tapped because the tazzmission was an "illegal" move.

it was an illegal move, it was a straight choke.
they got rid of the move because it was to dangerous, same with the tombstone.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 06:43:46

They are still around you know, Taker is still using the tombstone, and Tazz used his move on Lawler at ONS2.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 07:06:15

At 11/13/06 06:43 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: They are still around you know, Taker is still using the tombstone, and Tazz used his move on Lawler at ONS2.

taker didn't use it for a long time, hence the last ride.
he just started using it again not long ago, only against opponents in which he knows he can use it safely.
as for Tazz, he has probably altered it so it is completely useless, but still looks cool.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 09:48:10

Its not an illegal move. Just look at Samoa Joe in TNA his "choke" is not that different from a Tazzmission, but no one says anything about that.

On to tonight's RAW. Two matches have been announced, Umaga vs Cena and A rematch of last week's tag match between Piper-Flair and Edge-Orton.

The Cena-Umaga match makes sense because they'll be on opposite teams come SS. But why is the WWE stopping there? They have a prefect opportunity to get the fans interested by offering matches we wouldn't normally see and at the same time promoting SS.

Why aren't we getting interbrand matches? Like Punk vs Orton, Edge vs Matt Hardy which is always a good match. Have Finlay wrestle someone like RVD or Sabu. All these men will face each other (and their teams) at Survivor Series so why not take a chance and deliver some matches that could get the fans interested in RAW... even if just for a couple of weeks.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-13 10:31:44

No apologies for double posting this time.

Its already been one year. One year since of the most charismatic athletic, and all around great entertainers in the history of pro wrestling passed away. Of course, I'm talking about Eddie Guerrero.

Eddie was an example of how someone can have his demons, fight through them and come out of it as a better man... Scratch that, as a better person. I was fortunate enough to see him wrestle in person and it was incredible to see him go to any length i order to give the fans something that they would remember. Wheter it was ECW, WCW, WWF, IWA, Mexico or Japan, he would always leave it all out in the ring.

I remember it, I went to the WWE website and there it was... Eddie Guerrero, 1967-2005. It was one of the few times where I just didn't know how to feel. I felt angry, sad, depressed. Because this great wrestler, this great man was taken away from us, from his family when he still had so much to give.

I don't even now what else I can say about him, except we all miss you and its a damn shame that we will never see you entertain people again. Its a shame that left us so early. The song Hurt which was played during the tribute to Eddie said it best... Everyone I know goes away in the end... Its been one year and I still can't believe that you went away. I'm sure you're in a better a place, but I'm also sure that there's a lot of people that would rather have you here.

So here's to you Eddie. The Man, The Myth, The Legend. Rest in Peace, Latino Heat.