00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kingkavvvv just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Wrestling (WWE) Club

1,504,636 Views | 29,908 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-07 17:25:18

At 11/7/06 12:21 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: So let me reveal the name, you're favorite and mine: Bobby Lashley

I think that they should turn Lashley heel as he goes over to ECW. He could turn his back on his fans as he leaves SD!, and, as you say he's going to be given a title run, he could become a top heel for ECW eventually.
I think Lashley will fit in well. Does anyone else remember that time he threw a chair out of the ring at Finlay and nailed him right on the head? He could use that ^_^

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-07 23:30:18

At 11/7/06 05:25 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: I think that they should turn Lashley heel as he goes over to ECW. He could turn his back on his fans as he leaves SD!, and, as you say he's going to be given a title run, he could become a top heel for ECW eventually.

That's my feeling, Lashley should turn heel and join with Paul Heyman, since ECW needs at least a new number 2 heel when Big Show goes down and Test steps up. There's no one below Test who can ascend on the brand to that spot, they have a lot of guys who could be top face in a pinch, but not enough heels, so Lashley should definitely return.

Speaking of returns...taped the show tonight, report card coming up.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 00:11:44

Report Card for ECW on SciFi for the week of 11/07

This week's show was all about the December to Dismember show. Every match focused around some aspect of the show, and we also got a couple new expected debuts for the brand, as well as the much expected announcement of what will make the EEC "Extreme".

CM Punk over Mike Knox via tap out: I came in at the finish here, so it would be disrespectful and unfair to grade the match based on me seeing the final three or four moves, I plan to watch this on Hardcore Hangover for my own enjoyment, and maybe I'll have a more complete grade for that then if folks are interested. Grade: Incomplete

Terkay and Burke debut: Rebecca is really hot, but she really...needs...to...stop...pausing...so...m uch...when she...talks. As far as the promo, I think Burke is a good talker, got some good personality, and should be a good mid-card heel for the brand, I really can't judge he and Terkay's work since it's no secret around here I pay zero attention to SD! these days, and RAW as well for that matter. A strong debut promo. Grade: B

Paul Heyman announcement: Nobody can quite control a crowd like Paul Heyman does, the man is just so fricking good at getting heat, it's insane. Paul got good heat for himself and set up the main event, pushed the stips for the chamber, and set up intrigue for next week's show (I assume Lashley will be coming in to accept that final spot). A promo built around three major objectives, and Paul got all those points across. That's good utility promo stuff right there. Grade: A

Davari over Guido via pinfall: Decent little match between the two. Nothing to really set the world on fire though. What's the point of having managers by the way if they just stand there and don't do crap? Khali sucks in the ring, but now the big fucker is just getting paid to stand on the outside and do absolutely jack friggin shit. Not sure why this bout wasn't the opener, as it deserved to be. Grade: B-

Test over Tommy Dreamer via pinfall: I was not going into this one looking forward to it. I can justify this as something that was what was good for the brand, I could see it as something that even if we were in the old ECW, Tommy would do the job here because Tommy has always been more about those three letters, and not his own betterment. Still, I just hate to see the man I've dubbed the Patron Saint of ECW do jobs that get him knocked out of big time situations. That said, they had a really competitive and stiff match. I'm glad to see Test willing to take some hard bumps, and guys willing to give it to him, Test had major surgery not too long ago, but with his limitations, it makes sense to try and absorb more punishment then the average man. I also liked that Tommy controlled a good part of the match, and Test had to cheat to win, that keeps Tommy looking strong (which makes him more useful to the brand, and treats him with some overall respect). Pretty good stuff here. Grade: B-

Big Show and Heyman and RVD and Hardcore Holly goes to a no contest when Holly turns on RVD: This match was slow, plodding, and from a technical standpoint just sucked. Show is hurting like a mother fuckerand was barely moving here. The build up to the turn though was very effective, I don't think anyone can honestly say they saw it coming, and as I said, ECW is hurting for heels right now, having Holly go back to heel land is going to overall help the brand, so I can't fault it. It was shocking, it was effective, and it was a good way to close the show. Grade: D

Overall: The show was pretty "meh" this week. They advanced a few things for the December to Dismember, introduced two new guys, and turned Holly heel. That sounds more eventful then it really came off, the show dragged like hell in the main event, and wasted whatever momentum the Punk/Knox opener might have created. Very disappointing edition this week. Grade: C-

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 06:44:58

You know if enough of the telent on SD try to get transfered either to Raw or ECW, eventually Vince and company would have to realize that Hayes isn't the man for the job.

Founder of the "Weird" Al club & Strong Badia. TMBG Club! MLP! Sig by: Ryan

Click the sig... YouTube My Let's Play Channel Game Sharks

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 08:11:12

I don't get the Sci-Fi channel, I get star choice. So I can't watch ECW, but I don't care. It's only a 1-hour show. If it becomes 2 hours, then I'll start caring. It says it's supposed 2 be on fridays at midnight or saturdays at 12:00 (Central Time). RVD is havng a lot of trouble lately. Do you guys think he should get a manager? Oh, yeaaaaa!!!!!! WRESTLEMANIA 22 3 DISC SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Disc 3 is all Hall of Fame. When do you think Stone Cold will go into the Hall of Fame? Shawn Michaels is old enough thats 4 sure, he's been wrestling since before Raw. I now want you to please answer a series of questions. (Somewhat like a poll)

When do you think these superstars will go in teh Hall o' Fame? Please post estimated year beside superstar. (LOOK AT ALL BENOIT'S TITLE REIGNS!!!!)

1) Undertaker
2) Triple H
3) Mick Foley
4) Chris Benoit
5) Owen Hart (Even though he's dead)
6) Big Show

And whatever happened to the European and Light Heavy Weight Belt?
Please send your answeres via pm. Bang!! Bang!! Have a nice day!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 14:26:27

At 11/8/06 08:11 AM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote:
1) Undertaker
2) Triple H
3) Mick Foley
4) Chris Benoit
6) Big Show

And whatever happened to the European and Light Heavy Weight Belt?
Please send your answeres via pm. Bang!! Bang!! Have a nice day!

The Euro title got merged with the IC title not long after WWE integrated WCW's belts, and teh same fate happened to the Light-Heavy, as it got unified with the CW title.

As for hall of fame inductions the only one I would think be done now would be Owen Hart (which in my mind is long overdue) as WWE tends to not induct guys who are not retired or still a part of the active roster. Take Ric Flair for example. He would rocket to the top of the list if he decided he was done.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 15:23:50

At 11/8/06 08:11 AM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: 1) Undertaker

He can't have too long left before he has to stop. Saying that, he is really popular, so I think he'll stick around on air for roles other than wrestling. If thats the case, it could be a while before he gets inducted. But maybe 2008/9

2) Triple H

I think this one will be the last to be inducted out of these 6. HHH still has a while before he has to retire, and he's gonna take over the company when Vinnie pops it. So not for a while.

3) Mick Foley

I dunno. This could be soon. I dunno if Foley's too active to be inducted.

4) Chris Benoit

I think this will be a few years before Triple H. He still has some of his career left, but he has had a broken neck.

I'm not too familiar with Owen Hart; he died before I got into wrestling. But with the induction of Bret last time around, I think he should follow 2007/8.

6) Big Show

Apparently he's struggling to wrestle to full capability, so I imagine he won't be around for a long time. Maybe he'll be in in 5 or so years, if he's done enough to be inducted.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 16:22:29

The second 5 on 5 match has been announced. Redface's boy Cena will be the captain of one of the teams and our ECW champion the Big Show will lead his team... The teams have a combined roster.

Cena's team: (and he's the weakest member) will include. Rob Van Dam, Sabu, Lashley (announced as a SD superstar) and Kane.

Big Show's team: Test, MVP, Finlay (yes!!!!) and Umaga.

I'm taking Show's team.... as Lashley turns heel. (Please let Lashley turn heel).

My name is pepeatumi... But you already knew that!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 16:26:16

Sorry for the double post, but I forgot to say something.

I like how the WWE is setting up the matches for SS, it looks like all the matches will have been announced by Monday, and we'll see the start of the SS push on RAW.

CM Punk vs Edge in a singles match=Ratings

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 17:19:21

Ok cool. What about the Hardcore belt? And I know it would be a WHILE before Triple H becomes a hal of famer. BUT HE FOR DAMN SURE WILL. I wish Kane would. At this point, he won't. Unless he has this amazing pick up in his career and gets a lot more belts like the HW title, then he will not be in the hall of fame. *sighs* I know Vince McMahon (Jr.) will for sure be in the Hall o' fame.The first time I liked wrestling, before my 4.7 year hiatus, Ahmed Johnson was still around. No offence to TNA fans, but if you think of it, TNA is sort of like a parasite to WWE, since most of the superstars there are former WWE stars. Once again I am not saying this to offend anyone, I just thought of i now.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 17:26:13

Sorry 4 the double post where can I get a good wrestling sig. pic?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 17:36:53

At 11/8/06 05:26 PM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: Sorry 4 the double post where can I get a good wrestling sig. pic?

Go to the Newgrounds Gig Makers (NGSM). I think Madknt makes sigs in there, and he has made quite a few wrestling sigs I believe.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 21:10:45

New for Survivor Series!

The Team of John Cena (Captain), Sabu, Kane, Lashley & RVD vs. The Team of Big Show, Umaga, Finlay, Test & (For whatever Reason) MVP.

Let's see.... I'm going to name the teams, just cuz I can.

From here on out, Cena's Squad will be known as The Chain Gang Soliders and The Show'sgoons will be known as the Heel Patrol.

DX's team will be known as D-Generation X & Friends while RKO and Edge's boys will be Team Vengance.

sound good?

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 21:12:02

I have some wrestling news to report on my 2,000th post.

TNA is apparently close to securing a TV deal in Mexico with TVC. TVC currently airs programs for AULL and other Mexican Independent groups.

Ring of Honor Tag Team champion Claudio Castagnoli has signed a developmental deal with WWE and will likely report to Deep South Wrestling next month. Castagnoli also currently holds tag titles in CHIKARA and Combat Zone Wrestling.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-08 21:56:24

Alrighty - everyone welcome me back! ^_^ My comp crashed, so I had to get it fixed twice; firstly, the major chip in the tower was burnt out, so Ihad that fixed, but it turns out that that wasn't the real problem - there was a faulty power connection in the tower, so that was fixed too.

NOW MY COMP HAS NOOOOOOOOOO PROBLEMS - other than the normal, unfixable ones, lol.

So that's why my segment 2 weeks ago was completely missed; I find it REALLY fricking hard to do it w/o a tape recorder, so I may drop it, considering mine's just a lot of.....well, ya' get the idea by now. :P

I will, however, make some comments on 2 weeks ago's SD:

(1) Fuck; the 'Eddiesploitation' CONTINUES. Now BENOIT'S involved! Fuck, I repeat! I thought he had more sense.....

My mom - don't laugh; she's an Eddie Guererro/Rey Mysterio fan - made a good point about this crap: In order for this whole thing to even have begun, Vince had to have gotten permission from Vickie.....maybe we should be pointing our collective disgust at her rather than him.

Anyway, it was HORRIBLY unnecessary to replay Rey's chair-to-injured knee-causing -to-say-I QUIT moment AD NAUSEUM; it was almost sickening.

(2) Don't ya' just luv Paul Heyman's recruition attempts going wrong? Tee-hee. THUMBS DOWN!

(3) FINALLY, they made Tatanka snap. GOOD. One thing me & JBL can agree on, here.

(4) BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYMMMMMMA AAAAAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!! Poor Krystal. >_< Shame on Miz.....pussy.

YA' SEE!? I KNEW THEY COULDN'T TURN DOWN WHAT MR. WRIGHT (pardon pun) STARTED! Ahhhhh, like old times.

(5) Big Show shows King why he shouldnt've fucked with a 7-foot, 500+ lb. man. NYAH-NYAH! And for those who hate 'The 4 Moves of Doom', Cena DID NOT use the FU, in favor of Batista's.......'2 Moves of Doom', lol. Still nice to see King get his, as Show said, crown & head knocked clean off'.

And how many SD-watchers miss seeing Show walking over somebody w/ his giant foot? I does.

I'll do my recap as soon as I look over the posts I missed. I'm going to try & make my posts MUCH, MUCH smaller in general from now on. I get tired of talk-typing too much; in real life, I don't talk nearly as much as I do typing on posts.

You can be in Paris. You can be in a Hilton. Just don't be in Paris Hilton.

One of the best threads ever.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 00:49:38

At 11/8/06 05:19 PM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: Ok cool. What about the Hardcore belt?

It was unified with the IC belt a week after the Euro belt was. Tommy Dreamer did the job to RVD in what I believe was a hardcore match, heavy ECW chants abounded at what I believe was the Garden.

I don't see Lashley turning heel, in fact, I think Holly turned last night so they could avoid the turning of Lashley, with Show going dow after the PPV for some time off (he should anyway) ECW will need another name in the heel column that can help carry the show, Holly or Lashley were the best choices (assuming of course Lashley gets his way and joins the land of Extreme, which I fully expect he will)

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 08:09:46

WHY DID THEY MERGE ALL THOSE BELTS???!!!?!!??!??

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 08:35:45

At 11/9/06 08:09 AM, The-DuDe-of-DuDes wrote: WHY DID THEY MERGE ALL THOSE BELTS???!!!?!!??!??

because they had to many belts with the wcw heavyweight title and tag team titles being introduced.
everyone had a title, they had no meaning.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 09:36:47

I do see Lashley turning heel, simply because from the look of things he'll be the one to sign the contract on ECW. Usually in EC matches there's three faces (Punk, Van Dam, Sabu) and three heels (Big Show, Test and ??) so my guess is Lashley will be a heel.

Lashley will team up with Sabu and Van Dam (among others) at SS, while Test and Show will be on the same team. I could see a scenario where Lashley screws either Van Dam or Sabu (or both) and turns heel at SS.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 09:46:22

Far too many belts for the time frame they had. This is also before Raw and Sd became separate brands so you had the same people on both shows with not enough time to give to everyone. So they really had no choice in getting rid of the extras.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 15:11:16

Hopefully Smackdown vs. Raw '07 will come tomorrow. Im psyched, if it comes, i'll have the whole weekend to take in its greatness.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 15:11:50

At 11/9/06 03:07 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: New Survivor Series Match announced. Looks like a good match too. Arn Anderson's in their corner too! It'll be good to see them all in action against the Squad.

There's no way that the legends will lose that match. For those too lazy to click the link here's the announcement.

Former World Tag Team Champions the Spirit Squad have hade their problems with the legendary “Nature Boy” Ric Flair as of late. At Survivor Series, they’ll have a heaping helping of Legend trouble, as Squad members Johnny, Kenny, Mikey and Nicky will face Flair, Dusty Rhodes and WWE Hall of Famers “Rowdy” Roddy Piper and Sgt. Slaughter in a Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Match.

Problems began when each member of the Squad tried to defeat Flair in singles action; three were unsuccessful before Kenny finally achieved the goal. However, a match was made pitting Flair and a legendary partner of the WWE fans’ choosing against the Squad for the World Tag Team Titles at Cyber Sunday. The options were Piper, Slaughter and Rhodes; WWE fans chose Piper, and he and the “Nature Boy” defeated Kenny and Mikey to claim the gold.

Despite not being chosen, Slaughter and Rhodes were firmly in Flair & Piper’s corner, helping them dispatch the Squad following the match. But at Survivor Series, all four will get the chance to battle the cheerleading quintet.

The Squad’s fifth member, Mitch, will be lurking at ringside as always; however, the Legends team will have another one in their corner, as Flair’s best friend and former Four Horsemen teammate Arn Anderson will be at ringside with them. Will experience triumph over youth once more, or will the Squad finally get it back on track against four of the all-time greats?

I just want to see Anderson in the ring.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 18:26:04

SD VS RAW 07 is comng out on the 14th. Can someone get me a history of smackdown? From The Dlucks editons favourite site Wikipedia or something?

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-09 18:32:21

Sorry for the double post. At least I thought it was coming out then. It's about time I got a sig pic. CHECK IT OUT!!!

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-10 01:54:02

LordKooler's TNA iMPACT! review
1.Fight for your Right (To Parrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtay) Tournament Semi-Final: AJ Styles (w/Christopher Daniels) vs. Ron Killings (w/Lance Hoyt) vs. Robert Roode (w/Ms. Brooks)
A decent match to start off Impact. Ron Killings did a cool looking no hands somersault dive on Roode during the match. The most Russorific moment in this match is the scene where Hoyt tosses Traci into the crowd and a plant accidentally spills a drink on Traci causing him to get a pie in the face by Roode. AJ Styles won at the end. He will face Abyss in the Fight for your Right finals in the main event. Backstage after the match, Roode yells at Traci and wants her to interview security & image consultants for him. Bobby Roode getting an image consultant, Does this mean that Amy Weber is coming to TNA? Amy had a brief stint as JBL's image consultant during his reign as WWE Champion before she left WWE on February 2005.
2.Naturals/Team 3D segment
Shane Douglas is in the ring and calls out Brother Ray for reasons unknown. Then Brother Ray comes out and says "Why are you mad at me?" Shane refuses to answer and goes on a rant about ECW. Then the Naturals come out and attack Brother Ray. Devon is shown backstage on the floor. He's supposed to be selling a major beating from the Naturals.
3.Petey Williams vs. Austin Starr (w/Alex Shelley & Kevin Nash) vs. Johnny Devine
Worst match of the night. But it was cool to see Petey win the match and Austin Aries' return to TNA.
4.LAX segment
LAX come out after the X Division match and Konnan accuses America's Most Wanted of jumping them from behind earlier in the day. Then Konnan talks to Petey Williams saying that he too is an immigrant and wants Petey to join LAX next week when they burn the American flag. Petey Williams in LAX wouldn't make any sense. Petey is Canadian while LAX has a Cuban, a Puerto Rican, and a Mexican. And one more thing, LAX hate white people. So if Petey were to join LAX, It would just ruin LAX's image and tarnish a great heel stable. I'd rather see guys like Low Ki, The S.A.T, and The Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes & Rocky Romero) in LAX. Konnan says that the American flag stands for racism, lies and deceit. Then Konnan says that he will spit and urinate on the flag before setting it on fire. In my opinion, They should make Homicide pee on the flag because there's this fad on the Wrestlecrap boards about Homicide's bladder problem. CM Punk talked about it in his shoot interview.
5.Fight for your Right (To Parrrrrrrrtay) Finals: AJ Styles vs. Abyss
Match of the night. But like the Styles/Roode/Killings match, This match was also Russofied. Everybody knows that Vince Russo loves overbooking, That's the reason why a ref bump and interference from Christian Cage & Chris Sabin happened during this match. Abyss won at the end to face Kurt Angle next week and Sting for the NWA World Title at Genesis.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-10 02:42:24

At 11/9/06 09:46 AM, Outlaw88 wrote: Far too many belts for the time frame they had. This is also before Raw and Sd became separate brands so you had the same people on both shows with not enough time to give to everyone. So they really had no choice in getting rid of the extras.

Actually SD! and RAW had split at that point, when the brands split, RAW took the Euro and Hardcore titles. They were both pretty much worthless at that point, and RAW was about to add their own set of tag titles. With the worthless belts out of the picture, both brands were left with four titles each.

On another note, I think the Lashley scenario is plausible. I also think that with the new editions to ECW that probably are only going so far as singles, it's time to add a set of tag titles to the brand so that we can have something for guys who will never get a heavyweight title push something to contend for.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-10 11:46:07

Damn you, Chris Sabin! DAMN YOU!!!

*SIGH* LAX makes me ashamed to be a cuban. I hope someone slaps them silly before they have a chance to do anything to the flag.

Ugh...Why does Kevin Nash look so old? didn't he have brown hair just last week?

Twitter|Big Mean Flash Gamer| Art by John Dyer Baizley, sig by Shaun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-10 12:53:42

Hey, D-lucks, do you have SD07? It just came in the post for me today :D
I have to say, the changes to the whole fighting system seem quite drastic, and are gonna take some getting used to.
I've already lost twice against Trevor Murdoch, using Burchill and then Kennedy. That was embarassing.
The new GM Mode is quite good, you can actually choose from a list of preset rivalries, and hire new writers for their storylines. And you can turn your wrestlers to and from face and heel.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-10 13:44:39

At 11/10/06 01:29 PM, TheD-LucksEdition wrote: The new control system looks difficult to get the hang of, but fantastic to use once you do.

Indeed. Its great to just be able to flick the analogue stick and do a move, rather than the complicated system of old games.
I dislike having to press square to strike though, thats a bit lame.

Response to The Wrestling (WWE) Club 2006-11-10 15:00:45

At Survivor Series, Chris Benoit will defend the United States Championship against a man he considered a good friend until recently – Chavo Guerrero.

It was just this past April that Chavo and Benoit, along with Rey Mysterio, inducted the late Eddie Guerrero into the WWE Hall of Fame. But late this summer, Chavo took a turn to the evil side, costing Mysterio the World Heavyweight Championship. Chavo then began a rivalry with Mysterio, claiming Rey was making his career off being a Guerrero despite not being one. Vickie Guerrero, Eddie’s widow, joined Chavo in the crusade, which ended with Chavo putting Rey out of action following a brutal I Quit Match on SmackDown.

That's the match that was announced today. So far, SS looks like a pretty good PPV, although it is one of the big four so that shouldn't be a surprise.