Be a Supporter!
JC-FLASH
JC-FLASH
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
eBaums 2006-12-30 15:25:47 Reply

First off this isn't one off those threads just ripping on eBaums World.

One of my recent games "Brain Ball" was sponsored by Dumpgames.com. The owner off the site asked me to submit my game to eBaums world so that it would give him more traffic for his site. I figured since he was doing me a favour I could do him one back. I submitted my game and it got eBaums pick. So according to the sites content payout that should mean $500 to me. However, i'm yet to recieve any kind off notification about the game being picked or the money. Now I know he's regarded as a thief in this community but surely he wouldn't get away with running fake compotitions like that. Has anyone here dealt with eBaums before and know how he sorts the payment out?

Josh-B
Josh-B
  • Member since: Aug. 14, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Artist
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:29:31 Reply

Why not e-mail him?


:U

JC-FLASH
JC-FLASH
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:30:36 Reply

I wanted too, couldn't find an e-mail on the site.

fuzz
fuzz
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:30:55 Reply

First of all i would like to say WTF to ebaumsworld. I went there for the first time in a year or so. There is a video of saddum's hanging. It then says "Part 2 of video coming sometime today!" ! oh the excitement, i simply cannot wait.

As for the payments, well i dont know. I wouldnt trust the site.

NegativeONE
NegativeONE
  • Member since: Feb. 15, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 49
Game Developer
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:32:43 Reply

Isn't there a chance the money went to your sponsor?


BBS Signature
JC-FLASH
JC-FLASH
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:34:28 Reply

Well I knew he had a bad rep when I posted the game. Normally I wouldn't off submitted it there had it not been for Dump Games owner asking me too, so it wouldn't be too hard to just ignore it. Its $500 though people!

Mogly
Mogly
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:35:52 Reply

At 12/30/06 03:32 PM, NegativeONE wrote: Isn't there a chance the money went to your sponsor?

Yeah I was just thinking that.. who submitted it to eBaums you or your sponsor? I've not submitted (or sent or whatever) in there before, so how does it work, do you have to fill out a form with your email and such or are you just hoping he's found your email in the swf?

Fuzz, sometimes you gotta lookat it from a general persons(not the forum) point of view. My friends who I may play football with wouldnt give a shit about the author of a game, wait. Ignore that :/


WEBSITE BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~ NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature
Kenney
Kenney
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:37:20 Reply

Hey why didn't you gave credit to the original author of this game?
http://www.zanorg.com/prodperso/jeuxchiants/d oublejeu.htm

JC-FLASH
JC-FLASH
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:37:24 Reply

I submitted the game not the sponsor. All it needed was the Game Title (which he changed anyway), .SWF and my email.

fuzz
fuzz
  • Member since: Jun. 2, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:37:55 Reply

At 12/30/06 03:35 PM, Mogly wrote: Fuzz, sometimes you gotta lookat it from a general persons(not the forum) point of view. My friends who I may play football with wouldnt give a shit about the author of a game, wait. Ignore that :/

What? seriously, did you mean to say that to me? Or was it ment to be directed at the topic starter

Mogly
Mogly
  • Member since: Sep. 5, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Animator
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:48:53 Reply

At 12/30/06 03:37 PM, fuzz wrote: What? seriously, did you mean to say that to me? Or was it ment to be directed at the topic starter

Nah i'm just a bit confused right now. I sort of had it all planned out in my head then came to typing it and it didn't come out :)

My point is something like don't get caught up in the whole bad image of eBaums, because, normal people (uhh, for lack of better word) don't give a shit, and thats the target audience of ebaums - people looking for a laugh for two minutes or whatever, not developers and what not.


WEBSITE BLOG ~ Dont fuck around with my dog. All that I can see I steal. ~ NG FFR ~ Automatic for the people.

BBS Signature
Kenney
Kenney
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:51:10 Reply

Anyways back to the idea of this topic;

eBaums is stealing, JC-FLASH steals more 'cause the same game with an earlier release date and of course idiotic similarity can be played here:
http://www.zanorg.com/prodperso/jeuxchiants/d oublejeu.htm

JC-FLASH
JC-FLASH
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 15:57:56 Reply

At 12/30/06 03:51 PM, Kenney wrote: Anyways back to the idea of this topic;

eBaums is stealing, JC-FLASH steals more 'cause the same game with an earlier release date and of course idiotic similarity can be played here:
http://www.zanorg.com/prodperso/jeuxchiants/d oublejeu.htm

Sorry for taking so long to reply. Anways I have to completley honest I did play that game before making mine and YES I did steal the idea. But it ended there. I did ALL the art work and the coding off the break out style ball + the other things like changing ball style...ect and West-End-Pro did the coding for the large ball thing. So in fairness the game is still ours. It may have been copied from another game but if we made it ourselves then its ours. I'm sure this isnt the first time two games have been the same. I remember one off my other submissions "Word Spell" lost the majority off votes because people claimed we ripped off one off your games "Dobble" (which was released a day or two before ours). My game lost a bit off score after being compared to the French one and it suffered. I'll state again that we only stole the idea and it ended there.

Cybex
Cybex
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 16:12:17 Reply

How long ago was the prize announced? Perhaps all the prizes and awards are always dealt with at the end of the month. I doubt he would just not send you the money. Wait til a month after the award was announced and if he still hasn't sent the money email him. His email shouldn't be too hard to get hold of.

Kenney
Kenney
  • Member since: Mar. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Game Developer
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 16:12:55 Reply

At 12/30/06 03:57 PM, JC-FLASH wrote:

I remember one off my other submissions "Word Spell" lost the majority off votes because people claimed we ripped off one off your games "Dobble" (which was released a day or two before ours). My game lost a bit off score after being compared to the French one and it suffered. I'll state again that we only stole the idea and it ended there.

There is where you make the mistake, Dobble is not a wizard and the game functions differently from yours. While the game you made now is exactly the same, okay the coding and graphics got a little worse but the rest is the same. I suggest you try getting your own ideas instead of shamelessly ripping the most difficult part of making a game from someone else. Period.

Cybex
Cybex
  • Member since: Mar. 4, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 16:18:09 Reply

JC-Flash, you got msn?

JC-FLASH
JC-FLASH
  • Member since: Jun. 28, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 16:22:54 Reply

At 12/30/06 04:18 PM, Cybex wrote: JC-Flash, you got msn?

yeh... J-C_2006@hotmail.com

BannedUser
BannedUser
  • Member since: Mar. 19, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 17:22:47 Reply

NUDGE-ATTACK!

I'd break Bauman's jaw.
PyroGreg
PyroGreg
  • Member since: Jun. 22, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 24
Programmer
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 17:28:35 Reply

lol, that's why you never submit to eBaums, there gonna steal it anyway.

delete-my-account
delete-my-account
  • Member since: Feb. 17, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 18:31:12 Reply

At 12/30/06 03:25 PM, JC-FLASH wrote:

:Has anyone here dealt with eBaums before and know how he sorts the payment out?

eBaums world never pays you! The whole site is run by con-artist who make the money, not you. eBaum probably got the 500 dollars.

WisdomVsLogic
WisdomVsLogic
  • Member since: Jan. 13, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 18:44:37 Reply

At 12/30/06 03:34 PM, JC-FLASH wrote: Well I knew he had a bad rep when I posted the game. Normally I wouldn't off submitted it there had it not been for Dump Games owner asking me too, so it wouldn't be too hard to just ignore it. Its $500 though people!

$500 is worth a week of minimum wage, i think you put more than a weeks work into the game for it to come to Ebaums attention.

FrostedMuffins
FrostedMuffins
  • Member since: Nov. 3, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 29
Programmer
Response to eBaums 2006-12-30 18:51:32 Reply

At 12/30/06 06:44 PM, WisdomVsLogic wrote:
At 12/30/06 03:34 PM, JC-FLASH wrote: Well I knew he had a bad rep when I posted the game. Normally I wouldn't off submitted it there had it not been for Dump Games owner asking me too, so it wouldn't be too hard to just ignore it. Its $500 though people!
$500 is worth a week of minimum wage, i think you put more than a weeks work into the game for it to come to Ebaums attention.

Not really, considering the hardest part of that game was stolen and everything else was done very horribly. Shame on both of them?