00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xo1029392 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Meaning Behind "Phone Booth"

13,713 Views | 36 Replies

Response to The Meaning Behind "Phone Booth" 2003-04-20 04:31:05

i dont get how they are gona make the movie last that long with no moveing places ecept a phone booth. is it only an hour!

Response to The Meaning Behind "Phone Booth" 2003-04-20 14:25:26

At 4/20/03 03:52 AM, arrows_eleven wrote: I don't think it represents anything, it just shows that Hollywood is out of original ideas and that all we have to look forward to now is sequels, re-runs, spin-offs, and reality tv.

What are you talking about? "Phone Booth" is none of those...

Response to The Meaning Behind "Phone Booth" 2003-04-20 14:42:44

the movie was ok for a change...

Response to The Meaning Behind "Phone Booth" 2003-04-20 14:42:53

yea i guess you could think of it that way but you could come up with somthing else if you thought a different way

Response to The Meaning Behind "Phone Booth" 2014-04-02 23:32:23

At 4/18/03 11:43 PM, Stinko-Man wrote: Well...finally saw the movie. And...well I damn near cried when Stu started confessing to his wife and Pam and the others. It truly touched my heart.

I see Im a year late on this topic...oh well, I just HAD to respond though, for what its worth. This is beautifully thought out, I must say. Very impressive! Its nice to see someone actually see deeper into the actual meaning of this movie. I agree almost entirely, except for a few parts that I would change.

The pizza guy is a messenger. Angel means messenger. So he is an angel of sorts, part of the play.

YANd I must disagree abotu the God thing. You see, God would NEVER kill. Its not allowed of Him to do so. He's the GOOD ominipotent ruler of the univers. Besides, for killing and teaching, thats why he has his Noble Demon brother, aka, "Uncle Stan". See Stan is very catholic, disciplined, and noble. A spiritual marine, or Spartan, if you will. He tolerates, but he doesnt like those who flaunt their evil ways and who revel in their vanity; its his favorite sin after all.

So if U.S. feels that one has lived their life in a manner disrespectful to his family, and brother, God, he comes down and fulfills his mission, one person at a time, if need be - for all eternity. Why not, an immortal has a TON of time on their hands, dont they? Also, He doesnt kill "innocents" as there are none in this world (original sin). As a non catholic example, If you watched Star Trek, Q (God like character) would often kill tons of "innocents" in his morality play with Picard. Its not as terrible as it sounds, for what need a God (or his brother) worry about killing off people, as they can instantly trnsfer them into a parallel world, without them even knowing it ever happened? But the one he was sent here to "teach" thinks they were killed. And they were, kinda.

Regardless, I commend your noble efforts and the care you put into figuring this out. Perhaps someday, you will become a recruit of Uncle Stan? He is always looking for another good/evil marine you know? If you do become one, go easy on ME in the phone booth, will ya? hahaha

The Sniper = Devil
Pizza Guy = Angel delivery man
Pizza = Last straw/ Rejected Message

Response to The Meaning Behind "Phone Booth" 2014-04-03 01:01:36

At 4/3/14 12:19 AM, Conal wrote:
At 4/2/14 11:32 PM, IDaniel2 wrote:
At 4/18/03 11:43 PM, Stinko-Man wrote:

But anyway, I was curious; I thought Phone Booth came out long after 2003?

and holy shit that bump

"Did I ever tell you what the definition of insanity is?

was her name tenneassi

omtish

BBS Signature

Response to The Meaning Behind "Phone Booth" 2019-08-18 05:23:55

At 4/13/03 12:26 AM, biteme2514 wrote: DON'T READ THIS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE MOVIE AS IT SPOILS THE PLOT ENTIRELY...

Now that that's out of the way, I would like to say that I just saw Phone Booth and it was a great film. This story about a man named Stu who gets pinned down by an unseen sniper is great, and if you've seen the movie, maybe there's some deep meaning behind the plot, huh? Well, let's take a look...

I feel that the unseen sniper, played by Kiefer Sutherland represents a powerful omniscient force that could very well be God. I also feel that Colin Farrell, playing Stu, represents all of sinful mankind. If you've seen the movie, you would know that all the sniper actually does is force Stu to confess his unfaithfulness to his wife, friends and co-workers, however questionable his actions. I think that this accurately represents the Christian religion, with the unseen sniper (God) forcing mankind to confess his sins in order to be saved. I mean, in the end, Stu gets off scot-free, except for a little bit of bleeding, but that's besides the point. The point is, there's a deeper meaning behind the movie Phone Booth and that is the message of God saving mankind, however questionable his actions are... Maybe I'm just being overly analytical, but that's just what I think. Has anyone else seen the movie that can becak me up on this?

Yes! I back you up. This is ALL the movie is about. Other thing is that people just don't want to recognize it because subconsciously as humans we don't want to accept our lies and sins.