New Topic Respond to this Topic
Shangui
Shangui
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 24th, 2003 @ 09:39 AM Reply

At 4/24/03 02:14 AM, Taxman2A wrote: Hey Shangui- can I see a link to a source for the article you got this from also?

Actually, I got my information on TV, but here's some links to some sites that you may want to check out for information on the canadian pot program.

www.cognitiveliberty.org/news/canadian_%20mjreport.htm
www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/americas/09/04/canada.pot/
http://canadaonline.about.com/library/weekly/aa050302a.htm

Hope that helps. To return on the narco-tourism issue, you will need canadian IDs to purchase marijuana. It's likely it will affect smuggling in the US and may even affect Canadian-American relations. Marijuana is already legal for medical use, if a canadian has a permit, he can grow some and use it. The first step is decriminalization, which will make marijuana POSSESSION legal. Full legalization will come after.

Nirvana13666
Nirvana13666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 24th, 2003 @ 12:18 PM Reply

Regular marijuana use causes cancer. It is known that marijuana contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in tobacco smoke. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 24th, 2003 @ 08:01 PM Reply

At 4/24/03 12:18 PM, Nirvana13666 wrote: Regular marijuana use causes cancer. It is known that marijuana contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in tobacco smoke. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.

JESUS CHRIST!!! FIVE SPLIFFS A DAY!?!?! Do you know how much that is? Two a week, more likely. You might have one or two at a party but five a day? No chance mate, also you can stop Ganja any time you want and never do it again. You cant do that with fags.

JudgeDredd
JudgeDredd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 24th, 2003 @ 08:57 PM Reply

At 4/24/03 01:58 AM, PreacherJ wrote:
As for baking brownies, how many people do you know who use weed that way? Even if everyone you know has done it, it seems unlikely that they would make brownies EVERY time that they had some. Most users buy a dime or a twomp sack at a time, and that my friend, makes for a very small brownie that you can't share with your friends.

Yes we (myself and many outside the USA) do bake our weed. It depends whether you have your own supply, or buy the expensive shit, as you suggest (temper temper! - chill dude ;)

It's like saying; who bakes wedding cakes these days? or who makes their own beer these days? ..but when you bake you make a big batch and freeze them for 6 months supply, share them at parties (it happens all the time in our country - recently, 1 group of teachers got wasted as a practical joke that went bad koz they were made too strong :) I've heard of dogs that go trippy on half a muffin.

Tekster
Tekster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 25th, 2003 @ 10:15 AM Reply

My first post on this forum so dont be too evil hearted when you make replies to my post :)

My opinion is that pot should only be used as medication... nothing more! with all those sideeffects there is, its shouldnt be used unless it actually can help you remove some pains you got.

And one more thing... i think its kinda stupid that everyone tries to make pot look like it should be as legal as normal smoking... for smoking is bad too! normal smoking should be illegal after my opinion aswell!

FUNKbrs
FUNKbrs
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 25th, 2003 @ 10:24 AM Reply

At 4/25/03 10:15 AM, Tekster wrote: My first post on this forum so dont be too evil hearted when you make replies to my post :)

My opinion is that pot should only be used as medication... nothing more! with all those sideeffects there is, its shouldnt be used unless it actually can help you remove some pains you got.

And one more thing... i think its kinda stupid that everyone tries to make pot look like it should be as legal as normal smoking... for smoking is bad too! normal smoking should be illegal after my opinion aswell!

should people have the freedom to do stupid and self detrimental things? Considering that there is no external victim (meaning the person recieves the detriment of their own crime), is this detrimental to society, or the individual? Is the governement responsible for ensuring common sense? I think not.

My band Sin City ScoundrelsOur song Vixen of Doom
HATE.
Because 2,000 years of "For God so loved the world" doesn't trump 1.2 million years of "Survival of the Fittest."

funky-moose
funky-moose
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 25th, 2003 @ 01:12 PM Reply

At 4/11/03 12:35 PM, Newsonix wrote: Legalize it! And anyway, y can we smoke tobacco thats more dangerous for the health than weed, and we cannot for pot? This is just stupid!

yeah but that's because tobacco is adictive. Plus, weed is a gateway drug or something. yeah.

PreacherJ
PreacherJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 25th, 2003 @ 01:31 PM Reply

At 4/24/03 08:57 PM, Judge_DREDD wrote:
At 4/24/03 01:58 AM, PreacherJ wrote:
Yes we (myself and many outside the USA) do bake our weed. It depends whether you have your own supply, or buy the expensive shit, as you suggest (temper temper! - chill dude ;)

It's like saying; who bakes wedding cakes these days? or who makes their own beer these days? ..but when you bake you make a big batch and freeze them for 6 months supply, share them at parties (it happens all the time in our country - recently, 1 group of teachers got wasted as a practical joke that went bad koz they were made too strong :) I've heard of dogs that go trippy on half a muffin.

Alright. I failed to realize that you live in another country, where a bountiful supply of your own weed was prevalent. As for tempering, I don't appreciate being told I twist facts, is all. I think it'd be just dandy if weed wasn't harmful. But until a respected scientific institution comes up with non harmful stats for (smoking) marijuana, I'm going to stick with this post. Sorry I snapped at you.

Shangui
Shangui
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 26th, 2003 @ 01:14 PM Reply

For those who have questions about health issues, remember that weed bought on the streets has chemicals and other stuff added to it. This added part may be the worst part of smoking weed. If the program is ran by the governement, they wont add stuff in it... at least I hope.

NoNameProphet
NoNameProphet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 27th, 2003 @ 12:47 PM Reply

At 4/10/03 10:34 PM, Shangui wrote:

What is your position the question ?

Heard this one many times before. Yeah, go for it. Much less deadly than cigarettes and alcohol. One is long term death without the funky ups of pot, the other involves fights to the death, alcohol poisoning, drunk driving... But they're both tradition *shrug* Might as well keep going... f33d the economic machine of capitalism.

Ted-Easton
Ted-Easton
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 27th, 2003 @ 01:08 PM Reply

Specifically, what are the harmful effects of THC?

NoNameProphet
NoNameProphet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 27th, 2003 @ 01:13 PM Reply

At 4/25/03 01:12 PM, funky_moose wrote: yeah but that's because tobacco is adictive. Plus, weed is a gateway drug or something. yeah.

HAHAHA.. That's total government-issued bullshit! There is not a god-damned thing in weed that makes you spontaneusly crave other drugs. It has NOTHING to do with it! It's simply that most people who smoke pot, happen to have friends who do other drugs too. NOTHING to do with pot, and everything to do with that with any illegal drugs usually there's others nearby.

NoNameProphet
NoNameProphet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 27th, 2003 @ 01:16 PM Reply

At 4/24/03 08:01 PM, bumcheekcity wrote: JESUS CHRIST!!! FIVE SPLIFFS A DAY!?!?! Do you know how much that is? Two a week, more likely. You might have one or two at a party but five a day? No chance mate, also you can stop Ganja any time you want and never do it again. You cant do that with fags.

That's exactly why the statistic that 1 joint has 5x more harming effects than cigs means nothing. You usually don't do nearly as much of... yeah, you know what the rest of the sentence is.

PreacherJ
PreacherJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 28th, 2003 @ 12:49 AM Reply

At 4/27/03 01:16 PM, NoNameProphet wrote: That's exactly why the statistic that 1 joint has 5x more harming effects than cigs means nothing. You usually don't do nearly as much of... yeah, you know what the rest of the sentence is.

Well, I'd phrase this differently. "Useless" wouldn't be the term I'd use to describe this statistic. It merely exists to prove that marijuana smoke IS harmful, even though many folks claim it isn't or is less so, because it's "natural" or whatever, plus, even if people don't smoke as much weed as they do cigarettes, the statement that it's 5x as more toxic shows that you don't have to smoke nearly as much weed to suffer the same negative effects that cigarettes give you. "Useless" would denote that this fact has no use. Perhaps, if you disagreed with the statement, you could have said "skewed," or "doctored up" as you may or may not believe.

Word? Word.

PreacherJ
PreacherJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 28th, 2003 @ 01:03 AM Reply

At 4/27/03 01:08 PM, Ted_Easton wrote: Specifically, what are the harmful effects of THC?

Teddy-

-One region of the brain that contains a lot of THC receptors is the hippocampus, which processes memory. When THC attaches to receptors in the hippocampus, it weakens short-term memory.

-THC also influences emotions, by acting on a region of the brain called the limbic system, which is why marjuana users can be overwhelmed by laughter one minute, and paranoia the next.

Some of THC's effects are useful in the world of medicine -- like preventing nausea and blocking pain. The trick is for scientists to get these results without the harmful effects.

Researchers recently found out the brain makes a chemical -anandamide- that attaches to the same receptors as THC. This discovery may lead to the development of medications that are chemically similar to THC but less harmful, and they may be used for treating nausea and pain.

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 28th, 2003 @ 01:29 AM Reply

At 4/24/03 09:39 AM, Shangui wrote: Marijuana is already legal for medical use, if a canadian has a permit, he can grow some and use it. The first step is decriminalization, which will make marijuana POSSESSION legal. Full legalization will come after.

No, *rolls eyes* decriminalization makes it a fine instead of prison.

JudgeDredd
JudgeDredd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 28th, 2003 @ 04:24 AM Reply

At 4/28/03 01:03 AM, PreacherJ wrote:
At 4/27/03 01:08 PM, Ted_Easton wrote:

When THC attaches to receptors in the hippocampus, it weakens short-term memory.

National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) website; "When THC attaches to receptors in the hippocampus, it weakens short-term memory..... .... ..... ......."

..i see you had to look that up! Can't remember your facts then? - LOL

the problem with regurgitating (not twisting) other peoples facts, is that you are missing the point -

..marijuana is a recreation drug, a social drug. People take drugs to "chill out" and knock off all the barrage of negativity and facts that come flooding at us all day long.

Our human brain wasn't designed for 16-hour days of data overload, work overload, advertising overload, and world's (depressing) wars and news overload. How would you then switch off at night and relax, or sleep after that?? ...personally, sleep doesn't do that for me and many others, kos our dreams (or nightmares) are so very active and exhausting - we're as likely to wake up more tired than when we went to sleep!

Facts and memory are important, but when THC enters the brain you switch to another level and "see things differently" or "see things in perspective" ..you might be in the moment (paranoid of an earthquake or police bust, or some shit like that) but the brain is taking a "time out". Seeing things on another level you actually develop new methods of storing information, so saying "it imapairs memory" is over simplistic for a neural system that we a filling with movies and emotions and details that don't even ensure our survival.

-THC also influences emotions, by acting on a region of the brain called the limbic system, which is why marjuana users can be overwhelmed by laughter one minute, and paranoia the next.

yeah! i'd rather be a robot :D

Some of THC's effects are useful in the world of medicine -- like preventing nausea and blocking pain.

anti-depressant? appetizer? mood-enhancer? socializer? relaxant? anti-insomniant? creativity? and a whole list of medical benefits............

Researchers developing medications that are chemically similar to THC but less harmful..

how expensive??? how industrialized? how are you sure chemical pills and treatments won't have side effects? who is doing the "independant scientific research"..??

Oh, the companies selling pills of-course !!!

..give me weed than prozac anyday!!

Legalization of pot

PreacherJ
PreacherJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 28th, 2003 @ 04:57 AM Reply

At 4/28/03 04:24 AM, Judge_DREDD wrote:
At 4/28/03 01:03 AM, PreacherJ wrote:
At 4/27/03 01:08 PM, Ted_Easton wrote:

When THC attaches to receptors in the hippocampus, it weakens short-term memory.
National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) website; "When THC attaches to receptors in the hippocampus, it weakens short-term memory..... .... ..... ......."

..i see you had to look that up! Can't remember your facts then? - LOL

I do this to lend credibility to my arguments. Otherwise, I just look like some jackass who's climbed onto a soapbox with a bullhorn to spout opinions. Plus, if you find any of it to be untrue, you have to write the scientists a letter. Not me. I just quote them.

the problem with regurgitating (not twisting) other peoples facts, is that you are missing the point -

..marijuana is a recreation drug, a social drug. People take drugs to "chill out" and knock off all the barrage of negativity and facts that come flooding at us all day long.

I didn't say that it wasn't. People ask how it affects them, and I tell them. I don't think I've shown any bias on this issue at all. If you look back, you'll notice I actually want it legalized.

Our human brain wasn't designed for 16-hour days of data overload, work overload, advertising overload, and world's (depressing) wars and news overload. How would you then switch off at night and relax, or sleep after that?? ...personally, sleep doesn't do that for me and many others, kos our dreams (or nightmares) are so very active and exhausting - we're as likely to wake up more tired than when we went to sleep!

Yup... No disagreement, believe me.

Facts and memory are important, but when THC enters the brain you switch to another level and "see things differently" or "see things in perspective" ..you might be in the moment (paranoid of an earthquake or police bust, or some shit like that) but the brain is taking a "time out". Seeing things on another level you actually develop new methods of storing information, so saying "it imapairs memory" is over simplistic for a neural system that we a filling with movies and emotions and details that don't even ensure our survival.

I'm a little confused about what you meant here. Are you saying weed doesn't impair your judgement/memory because it just doesn't, or because on weed you store useless information, or because our brains are so complex that we store useless information completely independent of weed manipulation? Are you saying that because we're seeing things in another perspective that we don't save our short term memories properly? Besides, how is "it impairs memory" overly simplistic? Are you saying that test subjects in a confined, isolated experiment never experienced short term memory loss from introduction of THC into their systems? I'm just quoting, now, so if you want to chew someone out for it, chew out NIDA.

yeah! i'd rather be a robot :D

You can experience emotion without the advent of marijuana to your system, I'd hope. If not, I think you might have a problem. Besides, it's not saying it causes these emotions. It just messes with your brain so they're thrown out of whack.

Some of THC's effects are useful in the world of medicine -- like preventing nausea and blocking pain.
anti-depressant? appetizer? mood-enhancer? socializer? relaxant? anti-insomniant? creativity? and a whole list of medical benefits............

I listed two, because I didn't want to quote the entirety of "possible" effects of mariujana/THC's usage. Not everyone is anti-depressed/given the munchies/had their mood "enhanced"/made creative/made social/relaxed/made sleepy/etc., and to use those arguments, you'd need to state what else could happen. Plenty of people get hyper on weed, and plenty of people just get more depressed. Those two I stated are the most commonly used arguments for medicinal usage, and so that's what I used. I did say that this was "some" of the benefits. No need to jump on my ass about details.

Researchers developing medications that are chemically similar to THC but less harmful..
how expensive??? how industrialized? how are you sure chemical pills and treatments won't have side effects? who is doing the "independant scientific research"..??

Oh, the companies selling pills of-course !!!

God forbid, we come up with something like artificial THC that has all of the benefits, but none of the disadvantages, and is a much more stable way of using the drug for "medicinal" purposes.

..give me weed than prozac anyday!!

Ugh... Prozac gives me nightmares. My ex-girlfriend used to take it as an anti-depressant. She'd wake up screaming in the middle of the night because of the dreams it gave her. Odd stuff, that Prozac. She takes Wellbutrin, now.

Anyway, there's all my points. I think I'm done talking about weed for awhile. It makes me think of my ex-girlfriend, and then I get all teary-eyed, goddammit.

JudgeDredd
JudgeDredd
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 28th, 2003 @ 03:25 PM Reply

At 4/28/03 04:57 AM, PreacherJ wrote: I don't think I've shown any bias on this issue at all. If you look back, you'll notice I actually want it legalized. I'm just quoting ..so if you want to chew someone out for it, chew out NIDA.

i'm still not jumping on you personally - it took me considerable time to make this point clear in the above artwork!

** Check out this single paragraph !!! **

i'm countering the NIDA info that you posted without quotation or personal comment. Although you mentioned it earlier, some readers wouldn't have seen that site ~like i have :)

Are you saying weed doesn't impair your judgement or memory?

Only on 1 level. Most users would say that it enhances reflective judgement, or alters our pre-programmed "socialized" behaviour or perspective.

An example of negative pre-programming is being told repeatedly; "weed makes you dopey, stupid, and is BAD"

how is "it impairs memory" overly simplistic?
Are you saying that (some people) under experiment never show short term memory loss from introduction of THC into their systems?

No.

Or are you saying that because we're seeing things in another perspective that we don't save our short term memories properly?

Yes!

For example; our nightly dreaming is considered very important for our concious daytime decision-making (but no-one is ever taught how to dream) ..sometimes we remember hours of anxious drama, but other times we get a sense that although it was an eventful dream, we remember nothing of its content. (notice the similar "memory gap" ;)

Our conscious state effectively works on 1 level - when you switch levels (dreaming or "getting high") then storage is likely to be different or "pre-occupied", not necessarily impaired.

..or because our brains are so complex that we store useless information completely independent of weed manipulation?

This is my argument against youngsters using THC - they don't normally need self-analysis. The self is still developping and memory is being laid down during 20 years of avid schooling, etc. The robot is primed by education, but this becomes very dis-jointed if we don't just flow easily into our "chosen" career.

You can experience emotion without the advent of marijuana to your system.

That's like saying we don't need alcohol to be social animals and "have good time". Our upbringing may not allow us to step outside the shaped mold we find ourselves solidly set into.

<dredd> anti-depressant? appetizer? mood-enhancer? socializer? relaxant? anti-insomniant? creativity?
Not everyone is anti-depressed, given the munchies, had their mood "enhanced", made creative, or made social/relaxed/sleepy etc.

Mood enhancer covers all of the above!

Plenty of people get hyper on weed, and plenty of people just get more depressed.

..which is a perfect example of mood-enhancement!

I get hyper or creative, but mostly because i have primed myself by picking the right creative hobby or relax time to get high. Priming is like going to sleep and reminding oneself to remember all one's dreams upon waking up - with practice it works!

God forbid we come up with something like artificial THC.

They already have! But it doesn't have the same aroma, or the same "all natural" appeal that millions of people who smoke for spiritual reasons are seeking.

Legalization of pot

<deleted>
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 29th, 2003 @ 11:08 PM Reply

"lol weed si sooo kewl cuz aye liek it nad meh favurate punk bnad and p diddly smok et nad look at them
lol i lurve weed"

Pot is dangerous, but nowhere as dangerous as the hordes of morons who want to see it legalized so they can be high all day.
Oh, and don't argue about alchohol.
Alchohol can be used responsibly and no side effects will occur with it.
Alchohol was made to be drank at mealtime with food because the water in Europe was not good to drink.

When drank slowly and with food, Beer is nearly harmless.

Weed, on the other hand, will make you high from one joint.
1 beer wont make you drunk (Unless you are a very small person who has never drank before)
1 Joint will make you high.

You hippies need to get some new arguments besides "lol itz hramless cuz i liek et"

Oh, and just a factoid for all you "potheads" out there.
The stereotypical cannibis leaf is, in fact, not where weed comes from.
It comes from a cannibis plant that is much more matured than the leaf form. It comes from cannibis plant when it is in it's flowering stage.

JMHX
JMHX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 29th, 2003 @ 11:51 PM Reply

Flattus is just a wealth of useless facts.

BBS Signature
Tucansam182
Tucansam182
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 30th, 2003 @ 12:14 AM Reply

Basically there will always be that soccer mom who will always be there saying her kid got hit by a car or someone who was High and as long as The Soccer Mom is there it will never be legal in the US

AngryArab
AngryArab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 30th, 2003 @ 02:18 AM Reply

i bet in near future theyll relize its already legalized for medical reasons that it cant harm really anyone for recreation.

PreacherJ
PreacherJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 30th, 2003 @ 04:14 AM Reply

"Duffman... Can't breathe... OH NO!!"

-The Simpsons

Big-Boss-Man
Big-Boss-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 30th, 2003 @ 05:09 AM Reply

Dude, here in The Netherlands some judges want to legalization of all drugs because a quarter of all the lawsuits are due to drugs...

I think legalization of harddrug is bad. But you may already buy weed legaly here!

Shangui
Shangui
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot Apr. 30th, 2003 @ 07:53 AM Reply

I read in the paper this morning that Jean Chretien has promised to decriminalize posession of marijuana to make sure teenagers wont get a permanent record.

Ho and, thanks Jimsween for correcting my mistake on decriminalization. It makes you get a ticket, with no jail or permanent record, when you get caught with marijuana on you.

Looks like were one step closer to full legalization of marijuana in Canada.

nitroxide
nitroxide
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot May. 1st, 2003 @ 02:32 PM Reply

Its time mary jane is recognized for her beauty and grace she has recieved a lot of negative feedback over the years all lies placed in our heads by the leaders our world.marijuana should defenitely be legalized in canada.i live in ny so itll be a sweet roadtrip.For more than a quater century the united states have wasted billions of dollars on a no hope drug war nobody wins yet they continue this dilusional
this policy is ineffective and destructive towards our society.682,885 marijuana offenses in the united states that more than the arrestees combined for murder rape robbery and assualt.Thomas jefferson himself grew an adbundance of opium in his montecello estate he escaped justice becuase there was no DEA at the time.its about time canada wakes up america needs to wake up german holland and switzerland have stopped enforcing criminal penalties on pot.spain,italy,portugal, have decrimanilized the possesion of all drugs...yet why is it our country still decides to pull away from the rest of the worlds drug policy.so they themselves can control the cash flow its all about money in america...the greed of our country so sad.im tired of america propagandizing the enemy just so they can justify a failing policy...its prohibition itself that remains the problem.
we will never become drug free...just less freedom

Legalization of pot

nitroxide
nitroxide
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot May. 3rd, 2003 @ 01:07 AM Reply

At 4/30/03 05:09 AM, Big_Boss_Man wrote: Dude, here in The Netherlands some judges want to legalization of all drugs because a quarter of all the lawsuits are due to drugs...

I think legalization of harddrug is bad. But you may already buy weed legaly here!

you have no idea how lucky you are to live where you are.

Nirvana13666
Nirvana13666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot May. 3rd, 2003 @ 08:35 AM Reply

At 4/24/03 08:01 PM, bumcheekcity wrote:
At 4/24/03 12:18 PM, Nirvana13666 wrote: Regular marijuana use causes cancer. It is known that marijuana contains some of the same, and sometimes even more, of the cancer-causing chemicals found in tobacco smoke. Studies show that someone who smokes five joints per day may be taking in as many cancer-causing chemicals as someone who smokes a full pack of cigarettes every day.

JESUS CHRIST!!! FIVE SPLIFFS A DAY!?!?! Do you know how much that is? Two a week, more likely

Nirvana13666
Nirvana13666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Legalization of pot May. 3rd, 2003 @ 08:43 AM Reply

At 5/1/03 02:32 PM, nitroxide wrote:

682,885 marijuana offenses in the united states that more than the arrestees combined for murder rape robbery and assualt.Thomas jefferson himself grew an adbundance of opium in his montecello estate he escaped justice becuase there was no DEA at the time.its about time canada wakes up america needs to wake up german holland and switzerland have stopped enforcing criminal penalties on pot.spain,italy,portugal, have decrimanilized the possesion of all drugs...yet why is it our country still decides to pull away from the rest of the worlds drug policy.so they themselves can control the cash flow its all about money in america...the greed of our country so sad.im tired of america propagandizing the enemy just so they can justify a failing policy...its prohibition itself that remains the problem.

we will never become drug free...just less freedom