Be a Supporter!
TNOAT
TNOAT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Waocm tablet help Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 06:53 PM Reply

Im deciding whether or not to get a wacom tablet, I like to do Frame by frame but i'm not sure if the tablet has onion skinning on it, To make this more clear i wont to know when using the wacom pen can i see the onion skinning on the screen of the tablet for an accurate line?

BBS Signature
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Waocm tablet help Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 06:59 PM Reply

you can get tablets that display your screen on the pad??? im guessing you can, but im sure it would be alot more money then most others. traditional tablets dont have a display. whats the difference between display on the tablet and your monitor screen? not a whole lot really.

BBS Signature
TheGrass
TheGrass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Waocm tablet help Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 07:01 PM Reply

Flash has onion skinning no matter what tool do you use to draw.

ShooterMG
ShooterMG
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Waocm tablet help Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 07:01 PM Reply

Tablet PC's exist and can be purchased for a grand or two. Wacom offers the Cintiq wich is a 21" LCD display that you can draw on. It's really amazing, but it costs around $2500.

TheGrass
TheGrass
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Waocm tablet help Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 07:04 PM Reply

At 12/14/06 07:01 PM, TheGrass wrote: Flash has onion skinning no matter what tool do you use to draw.

Sorry, I didn't understand you right. I think I've heard or read somewhere that there are tablets that have display on it, but I don't know how they work.

TNOAT
TNOAT
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Waocm tablet help Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 07:36 PM Reply

I was wondering about the onion skinning on the tablet so i know where to draw my line wiith the pen

BBS Signature
Nighthawkstudio
Nighthawkstudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Waocm tablet help Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 09:11 PM Reply

A) This question has no point i you are buying Intous 3 or Graphire because they are like mouses so you get an idea. You draw on the tablet but you see on the screen

B)Cintiq is really really really really expensive dont buy it unless you are very rich or you are an awesome animator that will use it 23 hrs a day. And no matter what, what you see in cintiq is exactly the same that you would see in your screen (or better, because its a LCD)

Coaly
Coaly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Waocm tablet help Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 09:17 PM Reply

At 12/14/06 07:36 PM, thenoobofalltrades wrote: I was wondering about the onion skinning on the tablet so i know where to draw my line wiith the pen

You can't see anything on the tablet, at least the less expensive ones. I thought it was weird too, but I bought a graphire 4 6x8 and its really easy to use and just great. Not being able to see what you're drawing on the tablet doesn't make it hard to draw, seeing it on the monitor and drawing is easy.

BBS Signature
silly-stungun-millie
silly-stungun-millie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Waocm tablet help Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 12:16 AM Reply

My advice is to avoid tablets that are cheap, like those tiny 4x5" ones. (mine slides around, gets bumped, gives me carpal tunnel...)

Cintiqs, in my opinion, are tablets made for either the rich or for artists who make a living making art.

BBS Signature