• 62 Replies
UnForged
UnForged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 02:28 AM

Quite honestly, I think you have done this to get some attention. Flash is something that takes a while to adjust to, and not something you quit, but merely leave alone for a littlw while, its not like smoking or drinking.

Keep going at it, and maybe one day.............

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 02:33 AM

At 12/13/06 06:04 PM, killercore007 wrote: Everything flash I make is horrible(according to other people anyway). Everything's just gonna get blammed. Is there really any point to continue?

That kind of mindset is the reason why you fail.

You think people get good over night? They do, but only because they put their heart and soul into their practice and training through unrivaled dedication.

The hell is with you kids these days? Do you hate things only because you cannot achieve results instantly? Shameful...

If you want to improve, stop moping around and start using Flash. Plan every step, ask for advice when you need it. If you want to give up, it's your own loss and you'll live as the failure that you are and will always be. IS THAT THE WAY YOU WANT IT?

Next Release ETA: ?

UnForged
UnForged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 02:38 AM

He actually strikes a hard point. There is no-one who just wakes up with the abilities of flash, unlike certain people with sports like soccer, and football. You need to spend a few months looking and reading through a few things, and then a week after that planning your methods and what the storyline is and much more.

Flash is something thats cool to be able to master, and if you cant, it wont affect your life much, but it can help out to know these things, especially with certain jobs, l;ike HTML codiong, or anything around computers really.

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 02:45 AM

At 12/14/06 02:38 AM, UnForged wrote: He actually strikes a hard point. There is no-one who just wakes up with the abilities of flash, unlike certain people with sports like soccer, and football.

Not even with sports, in fact, nothing can have abilities 'awakened' just like that. Closest would be a fast learning rate if anything.

You need to spend a few months looking and reading through a few things, and then a week after that planning your methods and what the storyline is and much more.

Flash isn't just for show, there is much depth and a wide knowledge base needed to learn it well.

If you're using Flash for more graphic-oriented work...

Art, Design and even Physics knowledge is needed beforehand to help manage Flash better. It will also be helpful to have some experience with Object Oriented Programming.

Flash is something thats cool to be able to master, and if you cant, it wont affect your life much

Unless one is aiming for a proper multimedia career such as myself.

but it can help out to know these things, especially with certain jobs, l;ike HTML codiong, or anything around computers really.

Wrong, you don't need to be adept at Flash to handle Computers at a hardware level.

Nighthawkstudio
Nighthawkstudio
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 10:21 AM

Harofreak you really like discussing for no reason, dont you?

Your responses to the last guys post, were just for personal satisfaction, nothing to do with the original thread topic.

I also think that this guy wont be a Multimedia Oriented Animator, if he wants to become one, he wouldnt think of giving up.

Just quit for a while, take some air, and come back after two weeks, we all do that, even the guru animators need breaks when they are uninspired.

killercore007
killercore007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 11:20 AM

I also think that this guy wont be a Multimedia Oriented Animator, if he wants to become one, he wouldnt think of giving up.

Actually, now that you mention it, my future job may require that...........

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 11:25 AM

why is this thread alive still. If you need this much convincing of whether to quit or not then maybe you should just quit. Theres no reason to spend this much time on the bubble about it to be honest.

None

patu1
patu1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 02:41 PM

At 12/14/06 11:25 AM, Luis wrote: why is this thread alive still. If you need this much convincing of whether to quit or not then maybe you should just quit. Theres no reason to spend this much time on the bubble about it to be honest.

luis as spoken

and in my opinion you can't ask other peapole about that

BBS Signature
GazSmithGames
GazSmithGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 03:23 PM

Dont worry about it man, This is NEWGROUNDS, there are ALWAYS people to critisize your work, Better or worse than you. Happens even with good quality flash.

Voodazz
Voodazz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 03:32 PM

If you're better than me, then yes you should quit. As a matter of fact, EVERYONE here who is better than me should quit right now!! :P

killercore007
killercore007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 04:04 PM

And what does my fave submission have to do with this?

stikkilla
stikkilla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 04:19 PM

Dude, look at me. I've submitted about 36 flashes(and counting) to Newgrounds, and they get blammed. But I still try. Because, 1. I'm not a quitter, and 2. Flash is my fav hobby.

- And I've seen some of your work. You're good, but not great. Just keep practicing ^_^

SomeNick
SomeNick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 04:25 PM

I practiced flash for about 8 months. The very first flash I submitted (a game) actually passed, with a score of about 2.20 Still far fom great, so been practicing. And you should keep practicing, too.

While games are actually harder to make, experience tells me that they are more likely to pass judgment than movies. Movies are less complex to make, but in that case try your best to make it well animated and somehow amusing, because people will vote harder on it. Your pick.

BBS Signature
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 10:04 PM

At 12/14/06 10:21 AM, Nighthawkstudio wrote: Harofreak you really like discussing for no reason, dont you?

You say it as if one needs a purpose outside of 'hobby' and 'interest' is needed.

Your responses to the last guys post, were just for personal satisfaction, nothing to do with the original thread topic.

Read it again.

I never expected said person to be. I was only raising an example to extend a point.

jogo52793
jogo52793
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 14th, 2006 @ 10:13 PM

Hey, if you really feel that strongly about animating, why not try getting into serious actionscripting? You can make plenty of games that pass the portal with high scores and yet have no artistic ability.

But never ask "Should I quit?" What do you want people to say? Yes? No?

VG Trivia Challenge
Expert's Guide to NG
Sig made mainly with Cooltext.com

BBS Signature
Zentu
Zentu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 01:06 AM

Hi, Im no Flash master either. In fact Im just starting out. But Id just like to share with you that, if you want to quit, then you should quit. But if you want to make a Flash that gets through the portal or achieve greatness, you have to believe in yourself. If your dream is big enough, and your will is strong enough, you can do anything. As long as you keep these true to yourself, you will find the strength to continue. And I wish you good luck, in all your endevors.

PaperBagMask
PaperBagMask
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 01:20 AM

How long have you been using Flash for?

Rammer
Rammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Programmer
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 01:22 AM

i was 12 when a game of mine passed. i had the patience to work on that for about a month, more or less. you're 17, older than me, and if you don't have the patience to work on flash, just stop for a while, wait for a weekend, then go insane.

snyggys

UnForged
UnForged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 01:32 AM

Just put it this way. Everyone can make a pretty good flash if they set there mind to it, even people without computers :)

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 06:52 AM

At 12/15/06 01:32 AM, UnForged wrote: Just put it this way. Everyone can make a pretty good flash if they set there mind to it, even people without computers :)

That, and one does not simply submit into Newgrounds and succeeds passing judgement.

Achugentu
Achugentu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 01:07 PM

Dude, your a level 4, and your complaining. im a level 1 with everything iv submitted getting blammed, im still trying. anyway, wot you should do is just go for something really big, something youl hav to work really hard at and break th barrier of your limits, youll suceed then, im sure of it, and like many have said, make it original and put some cool sound in it.

P.S please can i hav a kind of tutor for flash, preferably someone whos good with movies. (soz bout putting this in my reply but i want to make my project stay, please dont hate me)

pepsicoder
pepsicoder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 02:08 PM

If you enojoy this keep doing it you will improve m8.

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 02:26 PM

At 12/15/06 01:07 PM, Achugentu wrote: Dude, your a level 4, and your complaining. im a level 1 with everything iv submitted getting blammed, im still trying.

And what does experience level relate to one's Flash capabilities?

SanForD476
SanForD476
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 02:34 PM

well, to be honest, when i used flash for the first time, i thought it was too complex and quit...a week later im taking tutorials and learning flash. To this day i have been using flash for 2 years, strictly practicing and getting better at things, two years of learning, and i finally submit my first animation about splinter cell, and it passes with like 3.40 average.

The main thing about flash is you have to use it and get used to it to get better, and it makes no sense to quit using it, I guarentee that if you practice to whatever extent is good for you, you will be good at flash before you know it...

LuLz Sanford?!

BBS Signature
HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 03:02 PM

At 12/14/06 02:38 AM, UnForged wrote: He actually strikes a hard point. There is no-one who just wakes up with the abilities of flash, unlike certain people with sports like soccer, and football.

An addition I would like to add to my previous statement:

Awakening, no. But jumpstarts? Certainly more feasible.

UnknownFear
UnknownFear
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Gamer
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 03:29 PM

You should never really quit anything. If you are interested in learning Flash, ask for help here. Take Flash tutorials on Newgrounds. Even ask if some users have MSN to get 1 on 1 help.

If you want some help, I'll help you out.

unknown-fear@hotmail.com

HaroFreak
HaroFreak
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 04:48 PM

At 12/15/06 03:29 PM, UnknownFear wrote: You should never really quit anything. If you are interested in learning Flash, ask for help here. Take Flash tutorials on Newgrounds. Even ask if some users have MSN to get 1 on 1 help.

How about habits which involves under/over-consumption such as smoking, binge eating, alcoholism and so forth? /sarcasm

hellsorb
hellsorb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 05:19 PM

Just take your time and work hard on every elememt of it. I've been working on a photoshop based flash one for about a year. I just don't have the time to really work on it. Maybe I'll at least get it further this semester since I'm not taking classes. If I get it finished I bet, NGer's might really like it. Making a good flash isn't easy, if I enter a flash here I want to blow the audience away. I'm sure you've seen flash or chartoons that blew you away aim for true quality.

If everyone thinks you are the devil... Why not play it up?

BBS Signature
UnForged
UnForged
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 05:25 PM

How about habits which involves under/over-consumption such as smoking, binge eating, alcoholism and so forth? /sarcasm

If you like it, and dont care if it kills you keep going. Anyways, dont act like you didnt know what I meant, shame I cant give you the evils through the internet.

TehAntiChrist
TehAntiChrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Should I quit flash? Dec. 15th, 2006 @ 05:26 PM

ok i think he got the point, there is no more need for this can someone lock it? Everone is either flaming it or repeating the same thing over and over..