• 14,985 Replies
The-Pumpkin-King
The-Pumpkin-King
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 20:58:41

question: is this the most posted thread on ng?

PingGolf
PingGolf
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 21:02:19

Yo can I join I heard this thing is huge and judging by how many posts they were right

NemoX
NemoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 21:13:59

At 11/23/03 09:02 PM, TheBigEasy wrote: Yo can I join I heard this thing is huge and judging by how many posts they were right

you'd have to wait for biteme2514 to come in and say you can. In the meantime, beware that this clubs promotes smart posting, meaning yes, post a lot, but do it in a way so that you don't spam, try to give significant thought to your posts , and not short, one word answers.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 21:28:28

well, i'm back, i see theres some stuff going on in here, a nice thing to see once in a while, now maybe if people took more interest into my slackers crew :(

well i lost my indoor football game, 4-2. its alright, they had a twice as large team as us, and we were missing a few guys from our team also, but at the end of the first half some jackass on the other team pulled himself a red card, you see while our keep was in the air catching a ball, he clothslined him in mid-air and threw him into the cement floor, splitting our keep's lip and he seemed to hurt his head.

then in the second half though we were pretty tired, but hey, the team we were against was supposidly the best team in the league, so holding them down 2-0 for most of the game has to account for something, right? concidering last year they stopped keeping score after 8-0 against us every single game :)

¥ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ¥
¥ ¥
Blag [updated: 4/20/2014] ¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Strepitoso
Strepitoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 21:42:27

At 11/23/03 09:13 PM, NemoX wrote:
At 11/23/03 09:02 PM, TheBigEasy wrote: Yo can I join I heard this thing is huge and judging by how many posts they were right
you'd have to wait for biteme2514 to come in and say you can. In the meantime, beware that this clubs promotes smart posting, meaning yes, post a lot, but do it in a way so that you don't spam, try to give significant thought to your posts , and not short, one word answers.

Hah! NemoX! It has been far too long since I've been graced with your presence. It's great to see you back here.

These rules apply so much more now than they did a month ago.... we've come a long ways, and it would absolutely suck if the OCP thread was closed because of one person spamming.

NemoX
NemoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 21:50:12

At 11/23/03 09:42 PM, muh_not_stooped wrote: Hah! NemoX! It has been far too long since I've been graced with your presence. It's great to see you back here.

thanks, I'm glad to be able to come right now. You have no idea how busy I have been...how busy I am. I've come a couple times in the past month, but don't stay for long.

These rules apply so much more now than they did a month ago.... we've come a long ways, and it would absolutely suck if the OCP thread was closed because of one person spamming.

I know. by the way, are you another one of those giving up on the forum?

oh, and MAL: sorry about your game...and congratulations on your game as well (well, you did say they were a though team and guys held them back really well for the most part). :)

Strepitoso
Strepitoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 22:05:41

At 11/23/03 09:50 PM, NemoX wrote:
thanks, I'm glad to be able to come right now. You have no idea how busy I have been...how busy I am. I've come a couple times in the past month, but don't stay for long.

I can relate.... I'm in senior year at high school, and so far, it's hell.

I know. by the way, are you another one of those giving up on the forum?

I've got mixed feelings. While I do accept the fact that they don't get used much anymore, I can't really bring myself to condemn my saviour from late last school year and early this school year. Luckily, it seems that the descision has allready been made, so I don't have to deal with being a person who said it should go. I'll probably keep looking through there untill it's gone completely.

NemoX
NemoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 22:16:45

At 11/23/03 10:05 PM, muh_not_stooped wrote: I've got mixed feelings. While I do accept the fact that they don't get used much anymore, I can't really bring myself to condemn my saviour from late last school year and early this school year. Luckily, it seems that the descision has allready been made, so I don't have to deal with being a person who said it should go. I'll probably keep looking through there untill it's gone completely.

well, the desicion is not final just yet, if enough response is generated from the members, it may not have to be so.

I don't really want to delete it either, but if nobody posts there anymore, it has to be done :(

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 22:30:27

At 11/23/03 10:05 PM, muh_not_stooped wrote: I've got mixed feelings. While I do accept the fact that they don't get used much anymore, I can't really bring myself to condemn my saviour from late last school year and early this school year.

We could always make an ocp division in one of the more popular forums such as Spasmbot or Altergrounds if NG gets banned at your school again.

I'll probably keep looking through there untill it's gone completely.

I just made another spam post you guys should check out.

NemoX
NemoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 22:31:32

At 11/23/03 10:16 PM, Anarchist_SKI-BUM wrote:

?????, why the account change?

nazibomb
nazibomb
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 22:35:24

1.12/5.00

I ask you.

How did it stay? Isn't 2.00 passing or something?

Oh well. Maybe I'll get Turd of The Week. ^_^

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=136770

BBS Signature
TearDropped
TearDropped
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 22:36:12

if the forums are always dead, why would you keep them up? huh, that sounds sexual... well anyways, im pissed cause i so thought it would snow today... but no. it just had to rain. bloody hell. its still raining. its cause i live in fucking vancouver! bah!

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 22:37:00

At 11/23/03 10:31 PM, NemoX wrote:
At 11/23/03 10:16 PM, Anarchist_SKI-BUM wrote:
?????, why the account change?

sorry, i was caculating how many total posts i had from all my accounts in all the forums i post in. this is my 5998th post..ever! (i decided to figure it out before the OCP forums were deleted..thats 188 of my total posts gone) though i wish i could see my post count with all the deleted posts from here... ;(

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:12:54

ok, this is going to be hard to explain. anywho

this is my 5000th grand total post..ever!!!

you see, i added up, my 4000something posts on this account, my 188 posts at the OCP forums, my 20someodd at spasmbot, my 50 some posts with my one alternate accoutn and my 9 posts on my other alternate account. and i noticed how fucking close i was to a grand total of 5000 posts.

so yeah, i've also kept frop posting elswhere on other accounts long enough to bash out a few posts with this account, so that the milestone lands evenly on my 4680th post :)

so yeah

Obsessive Compulsive Posters

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
biteme2514
biteme2514
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:27:03

At 11/23/03 10:16 PM, NemoX wrote: I don't really want to delete it either, but if nobody posts there anymore, it has to be done :(

Don't worry about it, man. I don't think anyone has any objections to what has to be done. Besides, we still have that tagging system thing on our website. Speaking of which, ___, what's the deal with our iBlam.com website? Has that cjdrop guy gotten back to you yet on that? If we could just get that thing up, we'd probably be able to have our own set of forums again without relying on the generosity of the Latingrounds administrators. I mean, they have enough to deal with in their club...

So far, no one here has said anything against the deletion of the forums. I suppose that's the end of it then. Most of the members here have spoken so I guess that does it. You can go right ahead and delete the forums now. Although it sucks to see them go, I think we all knew that this day was coming. Thanks to Latingrounds for providing us those forums in the first place and thanks to NemoX for allowing us to have one final say on what should happen before just going ahead and deleting it without our knowledge. Good-bye, little OCP forum. May you rest in peace.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:34:23

jeeze thanks for congradulating me everybody, i mean, its just like a big milestone..but nOOOOO..fine, i'll go back to lurking and NOT try for my 4700th for this account *pouts...runs out of room crying like a little girl*

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
NemoX
NemoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:39:54

At 11/23/03 11:27 PM, biteme2514 wrote:

If we could just get that thing up, we'd probably be able to have our own set of forums again without relying on the generosity of the Latingrounds administrators. I mean, they have enough to deal with in their club...

ah! if it was only that, but other than the OCP and Ltingrounds, we also host the Korn forum, the metal gear solid forum, altergrounds, Oscar's Taek Wan Do site, and two others you don't really have to know about ;).

Even if nobody has said anything yet in favor of keeping the forum, it will still be up for a week or so, that way you can have one last nostalgia visit if you want, say goodbye, or whatever (some members decided to start spamming already just for the fun of doing it before it gets deleted...I shall ban them! ;) )

NemoX
NemoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:42:55

oops, sory MAL, I was busy with some stuff and didn't notice your post there...

erm...congrats?
no, really, congrats, I would never be able to keep track of all the post I've ever done in all the accounts I have in different places...
and to top it all of you have alternate accounts for the same site...I would get confused sooner or later :)

so yeah, there, congrats :)

Strepitoso
Strepitoso
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:44:16

At 11/23/03 10:35 PM, ___ wrote: 1.12/5.00

I ask you.

How did it stay? Isn't 2.00 passing or something?

Oh well. Maybe I'll get Turd of The Week. ^_^

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=136770

Passing is 1.5 after 150 votes, I believe.

FIVE GET.

You gave this entry a 5, raising its score to 1.12!

That was actually pretty cool!

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:48:45

At 11/23/03 11:39 PM, NemoX wrote:

I shall ban them! ;) )

You mean spam is not allowed there? But I thought the spam policy only talks about NG - As if NG is that relevant to the latingrounds forum.

Malachy
Malachy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Melancholy
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:49:23

At 11/23/03 11:42 PM, NemoX wrote: oops, sory MAL, I was busy with some stuff and didn't notice your post there...

yeah..nobody notices me, i'm just the middle child :(

erm...congrats?

damn straight behotch!

no, really, congrats, I would never be able to keep track of all the post I've ever done in all the accounts I have in different places...
and to top it all of you have alternate accounts for the same site...I would get confused sooner or later :)

haha, i only have three, and thats at newgrounds only, i have an account at the OCP and spasm bot, thats it. so its not all that confusing

so yeah, there, congrats :)

booya!

¥ ¥

BBS Signature
OriginaleLMo
OriginaleLMo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:55:58

So um guys what do I post here?

I Posted The Millionth Post
And Created The Hundred Thousandth Thread

NemoX
NemoX
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-23 23:58:15

At 11/23/03 11:48 PM, Painbringer wrote:
At 11/23/03 11:39 PM, NemoX wrote:
I shall ban them! ;) )

You mean spam is not allowed there? But I thought the spam policy only talks about NG - As if NG is that relevant to the latingrounds forum.

well, EXCESIVE spam is not allowed. a little bit of it now and then is actually healthy, we just don't like it all the time or everywhere.

Each forum has its own rules though..and their own definitions of spam as well, so it's really up to each of them.

0h, by th way...

15,500 th post in this thread, w00t!

dunno if it a meaningfull number right now but I'll celebrate anyway....w00t!

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-24 00:46:55

At 11/23/03 11:58 PM, NemoX wrote: well, EXCESIVE spam is not allowed. a little bit of it now and then is actually healthy, we just don't like it all the time or everywhere.

Does this mean you'll sue us for damaging a sinking ship?

15,500 th post in this thread, w00t!

Holy shit, that means there is only six posts after mine until we catch up with the BC! This means we'll definitely beat them before I logoff.

I don't think we should record who equalizes the clubs because M14 may try a last ditch attempt at keeping the bronze just to piss us off.

Well, I'm going to deposit now.

biteme2514
biteme2514
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-24 02:37:25

Man, I thought that we'd have passed the Blam Club before I logged off for the night, but I keep forgetting that we live in a generation without absolutes. Such a shame that everyone logged out before we made it. Oh well, it doesn't matter. It should give those guys more time to make that OCP Flash, right? Hahaha! In all seriousness though, who's working on that right now and is that person going to submit it to the Portal or not? Personally, I'd really love to see one OCP-related Flash on the Portal. I guess it's up to muh_not_stooped though. I'm pretty certain that he's the one working on it. Either way, this is the OCP's last night as the second largest unlocked club thread on Newgrounds. We'll celebrate tomorrow. Here are my posting stats for the night of November 23rd, 2003...

Last night: 10,407 in total (37.580 per day)
Tonight: 10,412 in total (37.463 per day)
Changes: + 5 posts; - 0.117 PPD

But yeah, things on the forums have been going really slow for me tonight. The most interesting thread I saw in General turned out to be How Do You Keep An Idiot In Suspense? and as amusing as that thread was, it's not exactly something you can really come up with an opinion about. So, instead of spending my last hour of free time tonight posting, I was just reading some of Schopenhauer's work in some book I borrowed off my friend's dad. Apparently, the guy's an expert in German philosophy. It's really interesting stuff if you're someone who likes to think about things a lot. But yeah, when the forums get so boring, you start reading up on philosophy, you know something's wrong. Not to say that philosophy isn't interesting, but it's a different kind of interesting, you know? Whatever. I'm probably just ranting again so I'm just going to get the hell out of here and get myself some sleep. I'll be seeing you guys tomorrow after you all post your way up to the largest unlocked club thread on Newgrounds. Hope to see that Flash tomorrow though. Can't wait.

Bye all.

Painbringer
Painbringer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 60
Animator
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-24 03:06:52

At 11/24/03 02:37 AM, biteme2514 wrote: Man, I thought that we'd have passed the Blam Club before I logged off for the night, but I keep forgetting that we live in a generation without absolutes.

I hope you realize that the final outcome of this was entirely up to you. If you were to respond to my post then I'm sure the both of us would have gotten the club there for sure.

Oh well, here are my stats:

Yesterday: 6,025 in total (16.023 per day)
Today: 6,039 in total (16.017 per day)
Difference: 14 in total (-0.006 per day)

Not a whole lot, but even on a day like this I'm still better than Biteme when it comes to posting. Sorry Ben, you're a has been.

I'll still be here in case anyone else wants to get it over with.

Slightly-Crazy-Dude
Slightly-Crazy-Dude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-24 08:39:43

Were is everyone...damn im bored. Nowadays it seems i just come here to post in the clubs and crews forums. I asked Muh if he needed a hand with the flash but no such joy.

Anyone here ??? I think we should get them now.

GR67
GR67
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-24 08:43:26

lots of posts here in these forums i dont know how anyone could be bored and for the guy who put on the picture with the first date thing that was just sick

Slightly-Crazy-Dude
Slightly-Crazy-Dude
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-24 10:05:02

Who is gonna post huh...Come on theres 2 more after this and weve done it. Top posting club in NG doesnt anyone want it bad enough ???

Goatchrist
Goatchrist
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Obsessive Compulsive Posters 2003-11-24 10:40:02

Hey guys, sorry that I'm rarely online these days but I have 100000 things to do right now.....I have to log out again, I'll be back tomorrow or in a few days.....

See ya

Check out my new Mystical Dominion Webzine

BBS Signature