Be a Supporter!

War good or bad?

  • 1,406 Views
  • 56 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Mikeomegaplus
Mikeomegaplus
  • Member since: Apr. 3, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 03:54 PM Reply

How many people out there think this war has a point? If you do think there is a valid reason to get rid of the scum of the world that kills his own followers (Sadamm Hussain). Then welcome and your alright in my books. Even if your a monkey with wings and have gotten an partnership with the one legged space chickins.

NoNameProphet
NoNameProphet
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 04:14 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 03:54 PM, Mikeomegaplus wrote: stuff

You asked a bad question... The war isn't black and white. Yeah Saddam is bad but no I don't trust the US to make the most moral and perfect decisions on their own =P

There's a reason for it, whether it's good or bad. No such thing as a pointless war. It had a point at some... point...

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 04:22 PM Reply

Woohoo, bad post.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Member since: Jan. 19, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 05:06 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 04:22 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote: Woohoo, bad post.

is that it? NEMESiSZ, youre just posting these to raise your post total arent you. cant you even insult someone with a post?

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 05:26 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 05:06 PM, bumcheekcity wrote:
At 4/4/03 04:22 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote: Woohoo, bad post.
is that it? NEMESiSZ, youre just posting these to raise your post total arent you. cant you even insult someone with a post?

Yeah, you figured me out, I want to be the biggest loser who posts at forums all day...

ass...

WaldenPunk
WaldenPunk
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 05:51 PM Reply

how can we rally behind a president who chokes on a pretzal? but seriously...what does the Bush Administration call a dictator. Murders his own people, total controll of the military...sounds alot like bush. when he was govenor of texas 100's of people were executed, and now congress has given him total contoll of the military. once again instead of congress declaring war as stated in the constitution, the president has unchecked power to do whatever he wants with our military. bush wasnt even ELECTED! i live in fear NOT because of terror attacks which the bush administration uses as scare tactics, i live in fear that one day i will not have the right to voice this opinion. to quote John Ashcroft "if you have something against america, you better watch what you say" scary uh?

Jiperly
Jiperly
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 05:55 PM Reply

uhhhh....no the war doesn't have a decent reason

1.They could go after diplomatic solutions to get Saddam out, but instead they rushed it
2.Saddam has been in power for over 30 years, and for over 25 years of that he received support from the US- why now?
3. Who are we to judge the citizens and determine that they are will to die for this war? over 600 civilians have had the privlage to die in this war, regardless of how they feel about Saddam.
4. Is that what Bush is talking about now? funny....at the beginning it was WMD...then he couldn't prove that, so he moved right along to terrorism.....had no evidence of that either, so he went for the jugular and used the American peoples hatred for Saddam and used it as an excuse.

Killing over 600(and more to come) to stop one bad man?o ya....thats a war full of morals there....

TST
TST
  • Member since: Feb. 14, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 07:08 PM Reply

war is pointeless, bush is a dumbass, america is nosy and thinks that it is the greatest of all...this si your president you guys...you should realise that....this war will last MUCH MUCH longer than 2-3 weeks...lets just see shall we?

Dewbs789
Dewbs789
  • Member since: May. 5, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 07:46 PM Reply

Do any of u stupidjackass understand why we are here in the first place. You think war is stupid and pointless well without war the world not have been is now. Yes innocent people must die innocent people always die. If sacrificing a few lives to save mllions more then I know all of us would mae th same decision.

panik
panik
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 08:17 PM Reply

TST::Once agin you post the same thing "bush is bad, bad bad bad I hate bush bush is lame , I hate shrubs I mean bush , any thing plant related is bad. I hate my father".....go back to the geral forum please.

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Member since: Jan. 5, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Gamer
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 08:35 PM Reply

War is bad.

Pre-emptive Action. Aggressive Negotiations.
Arrogancy. Stupidity. Ignorance. Hypocracy.

But it isn't as if we could stop it now. This war is almost over.


"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 08:43 PM Reply

Once again, Shrike demonstrates his mastery of repeating buzzwords but fails to say anything new/relevant/intelligent.

Kudos, ass.

TheShrike
TheShrike
  • Member since: Jan. 5, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Gamer
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 08:53 PM Reply

And was that relevant, Nemmy?

Kudos, ass.


"A witty quote proves nothing."
~Voltaire

BBS Signature
Jiperly
Jiperly
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 09:27 PM Reply

If sacrificing a few lives to save mllions more then I know all of us would mae th same decision.

would it be the same if it was Americans dying for global stablity?

Soul-Guardian
Soul-Guardian
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 09:59 PM Reply

bad you dumbass!

Evanauto
Evanauto
  • Member since: Dec. 20, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 10:06 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 07:08 PM, TST wrote: war is pointeless, bush is a dumbass, america is nosy and thinks that it is the greatest of all...this si your president you guys...you should realise that....this war will last MUCH MUCH longer than 2-3 weeks...lets just see shall we?

The war isnt pointless, but it is needless. America is only this nosy because we what you to hear how much better we are. Bush IS a dumbass i'll give you that. This war wont last much longer, i think about 4 weeks tops.

WaldenPunk
WaldenPunk
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 10:07 PM Reply

are YOU willing to die? so many people say this war is right but will they fight? i say they wont but please prove me wrong. "give up your rights and take up guns, cause we all know war is much more fun"

Jiperly
Jiperly
  • Member since: Nov. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 10:21 PM Reply

if you believe killing puppies is wrong, will you go out and kill puppies to further your proof?

people who do not believe in the war don't go out and risk their lives- they risk their reputation and social status to help SAVE LIVES

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 10:56 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 05:55 PM, Jiperly wrote: uhhhh....no the war doesn't have a decent reason

1.They could go after diplomatic solutions to get Saddam out, but instead they rushed it

True, I mean that was the most progress we ever got from him but we wouldnt have got that if we werent shipping the troops in, It was going to end in this anyways.

2.Saddam has been in power for over 30 years, and for over 25 years of that he received support from the US- why now?

He's been in power for 24 years, he became president in 1979. I dont know where you got this from we havent supported them for 14 years.

3. Who are we to judge the citizens and determine that they are will to die for this war? over 600 civilians have had the privlage to die in this war, regardless of how they feel about Saddam.

600 civilians is barely anything, thats .3 civilians per bomb. And Saddam was forcing civilians to die, the same with the troops, thats why he brought out the fedayeen which are not trained for high tech combat all they can do is jump out of holes and wrestle you.

4. Is that what Bush is talking about now? funny....at the beginning it was WMD...then he couldn't prove that, so he moved right along to terrorism.....had no evidence of that either, so he went for the jugular and used the American peoples hatred for Saddam and used it as an excuse.

You dont honestly think Saddam doesnt have weapons of mass destruction? Jiperly your smarter than that...

Killing over 600(and more to come) to stop one bad man?o ya....thats a war full of morals there....

Saddam killed 2 million of his own people in 14 years (he wasnt crazy in the begining he was actually a very good president). 600 is nothing to what he did to his citizens DURING this war.

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Member since: Apr. 13, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 10:57 PM Reply

Kill ten to save a thousand, makes sense to me.

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 11:01 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 10:21 PM, Jiperly wrote: if you believe killing puppies is wrong, will you go out and kill puppies to further your proof?

people who do not believe in the war don't go out and risk their lives- they risk their reputation and social status to help SAVE LIVES

Yeah, your social reputation is much more important than your life, if it wasnt for these people you would be dead. We may not be facing immedeat threats but if we didnt have a military, every country in the world would invade us.

WaldenPunk
WaldenPunk
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 11:19 PM Reply

so none of you pro war people are willing to fight? just cry for more blood? rally for slaughter? dont call me unpatriotic to quote True Sounds Of Liberty (T.S.O.L.) "I'll die for this land except for overseas"

Alejandro1
Alejandro1
  • Member since: Jul. 23, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 11:31 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 05:51 PM, WaldenPunk wrote: how can we rally behind a president who chokes on a pretzal? but seriously...what does the Bush Administration call a dictator. Murders his own people, total controll of the military...sounds alot like bush. when he was govenor of texas 100's of people were executed, and now congress has given him total contoll of the military. once again instead of congress declaring war as stated in the constitution, the president has unchecked power to do whatever he wants with our military. bush wasnt even ELECTED! i live in fear NOT because of terror attacks which the bush administration uses as scare tactics, i live in fear that one day i will not have the right to voice this opinion. to quote John Ashcroft "if you have something against america, you better watch what you say" scary uh?

Dude, you dont know what the hell's goin on, so just crawl back under a rock, ok? Bush is not an American murderer you dumass, executions come from crimes they did, not just cause bush feels like it. Bush did get congress approval for war, like back in January, moron. And no, bush did get elected, fair and square, after a month of fuckin recounts from Al Gore which fucked up the stock market big time (I was trading stocks at the time, I would know). And I guarantee you, as long as you live in America, you will be able to voice your opinion. That's a freedom that shitty countries like Iraq dont have.

WaldenPunk
WaldenPunk
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 11:46 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 11:31 PM, alejandro1 wrote:
At 4/4/03 05:51 PM, WaldenPunk wrote: how can we rally behind a president who chokes on a pretzal? but seriously...what does the Bush Administration call a dictator. Murders his own people, total controll of the military...sounds alot like bush. when he was govenor of texas 100's of people were executed, and now congress has given him total contoll of the military. once again instead of congress declaring war as stated in the constitution, the president has unchecked power to do whatever he wants with our military. bush wasnt even ELECTED! i live in fear NOT because of terror attacks which the bush administration uses as scare tactics, i live in fear that one day i will not have the right to voice this opinion. to quote John Ashcroft "if you have something against america, you better watch what you say" scary uh?
Dude, you dont know what the hell's goin on, so just crawl back under a rock, ok? Bush is not an American murderer you dumass, executions come from crimes they did, not just cause bush feels like it. Bush did get congress approval for war, like back in January, moron. And no, bush did get elected, fair and square, after a month of fuckin recounts from Al Gore which fucked up the stock market big time (I was trading stocks at the time, I would know). And I guarantee you, as long as you live in America, you will be able to voice your opinion. That's a freedom that shitty countries like Iraq dont have.

read the constitution dipshit, congress has to declare war! they didnt they just told bush he could do what ever the hell he wants. wheres the system of checks and balances? and bush DIDNT GET ELECTED! the supreme court decided he was the winner after the recount! and speaking of stocks... i bet yours went up after we bobmed some innocent iraqis, i mean "collatral damage"

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 11:50 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 11:46 PM, WaldenPunk wrote:
read the constitution dipshit, congress has to declare war! they didnt they just told bush he could do what ever the hell he wants. wheres the system of checks and balances? and bush DIDNT GET ELECTED! the supreme court decided he was the winner after the recount! and speaking of stocks... i bet yours went up after we bobmed some innocent iraqis, i mean "collatral damage"

Where in the constitution does it say that? Congress only needs to give permission to attack another country.

WaldenPunk
WaldenPunk
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 11:55 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 11:50 PM, jimsween wrote:
At 4/4/03 11:46 PM, WaldenPunk wrote:
read the constitution dipshit, congress has to declare war! they didnt they just told bush he could do what ever the hell he wants. wheres the system of checks and balances? and bush DIDNT GET ELECTED! the supreme court decided he was the winner after the recount! and speaking of stocks... i bet yours went up after we bobmed some innocent iraqis, i mean "collatral damage"
Where in the constitution does it say that? Congress only needs to give permission to attack another country.

Clause 11:

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 4th, 2003 @ 11:57 PM Reply

At 4/4/03 11:55 PM, WaldenPunk wrote:
Clause 11:

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

No, where does it say exactly they need to DECLARE war.

WaldenPunk
WaldenPunk
  • Member since: Jan. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 5th, 2003 @ 12:01 AM Reply

At 4/4/03 11:57 PM, jimsween wrote:
At 4/4/03 11:55 PM, WaldenPunk wrote:
Clause 11:

To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
No, where does it say exactly they need to DECLARE war.

Section 8. Clause 11:

Congress shall have the power to declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Member since: Jan. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 5th, 2003 @ 12:05 AM Reply

At 4/5/03 12:01 AM, WaldenPunk wrote:
Section 8. Clause 11:

Congress shall have the power to declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;

It says congress has the power it doesnt say that they need to, I think congress gave up that power when they voted that we could attack. Obviously it was some sort of attempt at a preemptive declaration or else why would they have voted at all?

DarkCyrstal
DarkCyrstal
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to War good or bad? Apr. 5th, 2003 @ 12:09 AM Reply

At 4/4/03 05:51 PM, WaldenPunk wrote:

and bush DIDNT GET ELECTED!

OBVIOUSLY BUSH DID GET ELECTED IF HE IS IN OFFICE. IT doesn't matter how many popular votes you have, it's the electoral colledge, and Bush had mroe of those.