00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Nue22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Audio Portal Credit System

11,595 Views | 91 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:37:31

With a lot of coding by LilJim, the Audio Portal system is starting to come full-circle. The Flash Portal submit form now includes fields to credit music from the audio Portal. It is an easy system to use - simply plug in the ID numbers that are part of the audio filenames.

You can see a good example of the new system in use here.

Now NG users who submit their own home-made audio will have the chance to see their names alongside some big-time Portal submissions! To encourage Flash authors, we will be looking to promote submissions that feature music by NG users. Using commercial audio in your Flash isn't a viable long-term option, so we suggest utilizing the Audio Portal whenever possible!

The more Flash artists use it, the more musicians will want to feature their music there - and vice versa. We gotta work together to make this system a success!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:40:14

That's great. It's nice to see some attention being paid to the Audio Portal. A lot's changed there in the past month... Hope it goes well!

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:41:20

This'll be a great improvement. I've always wanted to contribute my music to newgrounds. w00t!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:46:28

CooL!
Now the Audio Artist can have some credits :P

BBS HERO! O RLY?

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:47:06

hope allot more people will use it now =) (btw who care's who's the first one to post or not)

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:47:44

Where's the NG April Fool??

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:48:29

Hello Tom! Did you get my emails? Look at my animation please! Add it to the DBZ Collection, I'd be so honered! ;) http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=86335 3.65/5.00! :D
Please have a look, cheers!

Xbox Live Gamertag: SuperScot

DBZ Crew #10 (stand-in leader)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:49:16

I would really like to thank LilJim for the hard work/coding he has put forth to make NG run as smoothly as it does. Thank You very much LilJim. Now go take a vacation, or come to Florida when you have a chance.

px hulk.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:51:38

At 4/2/03 10:47 AM, BlingBlingMan wrote: Where's the NG April Fool??

i think you just posted the reson he made this thread today and not yesterday :P

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:52:15

Yea, now i gotta reupload all the animal sound effects i had on the audio portal before it was whipped out i had quite a few.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 10:55:12

I was thinking of using the audio portal more for sound effects, since I usually know what musics I'd put in games or movies ( sounds weird from someone who's made only one submission...). I just like video game music so much, and the music people will submit will inevitably be guitar and drums. That's kind of limited!
Well, you can bet I'll visit it once again for my next submission! It's a great little storage place.

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 11:36:39

this is great, this will really encourage people to use and view the audio portal with credits from each other in the flash portal. good work

Now You Have To Wash The Floor And Do All Of My Laundry!!!!

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 11:42:34

At 4/2/03 10:38 AM, BigFan7 wrote: Yeah! Im the 1at person to respond to this!

Good answer Fan...

Well.. I hope that with this we can make more cool the audio portal... I don't go to much there cuz sometimes I find it boring...

I'm making some new sounds that I'll upload soon...

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 12:42:47

At 4/2/03 10:40 AM, Dafinlanderman wrote: i am the 2th... i think

no, the 3rd. But you WERE the 2nd person to say nothing more in a post aside from "I am the __th person to reply!!!!!! OMG!!! I FEEL SPECIAL!" for no freakin' reason.

As to the actual subject (is it so hard to be the first to reply to one of Tom's posts while ALSO addressing the subject of his posts?!), I noticed that when I opened up Iraq Attack last night. Pretty nifty. It seems that multi-author credits are probably next up on the line, eh? They'd go well together, and BTW, I do like the new (profile | site) thing next to the names. It's more space-saving while also being more consistent (the text is there whether the link is active or not).

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 12:50:32

At 4/2/03 10:38 AM, BigFan7 wrote: Yeah! Im the 1at person to respond to this!

thats sad... now that you have forfilled your life goal what will you do now...

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 14:19:56

if only I could make something to submit to the audio portal

fruityloops is acting all wonky on my system for some reason
even after uninstalling it, it plays all choppy
like my system isnt "powerful enough"
but it was working fine before :/

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 14:32:13

can i ask. does anyone here no how to make your own midi or wav files to submit?

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 14:43:39

hmmm it sucks that you had to take out the sound FX part of the audio portal due to monkeys submitting CS sounds and whatnot, ive got a couple of really good mixxes i could submit...the only problem is with the aduio portal is sorting through all the cheesy songs to find the good ones..but, whatever, its better than getting sued for using big-name company songs!

oh yeah...and i know this isnt the place to ask you to see my work, tom but it has always been a little dream to someday have this series on the dbz parodies as well...once again i know this isnt the place for this but its probably more likely youll read it here than in an endless sea of emails directed to tom@newgrounds.com

the score was better but...dbz haters generally have the high levels and stuff...
maybe you should have a post, or even a complete board where artists can share their work together, and maybe get discovered by you or wade...ill shut up now >.<

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=91467

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 16:04:43

Great idea. Everything that needed to be done to complete the Audio Portal is coming into place. I hope people start to use it more often...

Ryan

How you doin?

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 16:17:45

ahh the audio portals done now for pico 2 i hope

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 16:36:04

Hey, how come I haven't gotten any credit yet for Comet Magnum? All the audio in my series is from the Audio Portal and I even list all the authors. This series has got me six portal awards already and I really was hoping it would get it's own series section. *sigh* One can only dream.

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 17:24:11

coolz..... newgrounds's improving every day more and more!! =)

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 17:34:51

Yo Tom, I just joined Newgrounds right now just to ask you...When the hell are you gonna finish pico 2??? Come on dude, we're waitin...

Property of G.F.

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 18:02:20

At 4/2/03 10:37 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Using commercial audio in your Flash isn't a viable long-term option, so we suggest utilizing the Audio Portal whenever possible!

You keep saying that, but when the fuck are the musicians going to start suing us for using there shit? I doubt EVER! We need some rock music with words and shit! Not just some lame ass loops from the audio portal!

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 18:36:32

sounds great.

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 19:07:52

At 4/2/03 06:02 PM, TheDeadMonkey wrote:
At 4/2/03 10:37 AM, TomFulp wrote:
Using commercial audio in your Flash isn't a viable long-term option, so we suggest utilizing the Audio Portal whenever possible!
You keep saying that, but when the fuck are the musicians going to start suing us for using there shit? I doubt EVER! We need some rock music with words and shit! Not just some lame ass loops from the audio portal!

It has already begun on our end, and it is a huuuuge looming threat to the future of Newgrounds. They don't come after the artists - they come after us for hosting the material.

-Tom

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 19:20:20

This will be good for newgrounds... I guess, but realy? Why does newgrounds need this tom?

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 19:30:29

Now NG users who submit their own home-made audio will have the chance to see their names alongside some big-time Portal submissions!

This might get people to download to much stuff onto the audio portal.

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 19:31:54

I think I know why he added the Audio Portal... BUT ANYWAYS... did you have an April Fools Day joke on NG this year Tom?

-tj

Response to Audio Portal Credit System 2003-04-02 19:32:54

Great idea now all those grand ol' Audio's will get the credit they deserve!!