New Topic Respond to this Topic
D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-04 09:09:33 Reply

Bush'll probably be forgotten, consigned to the annals of Presidents that did nothing worthwhile. In the last 100 years, how many can you name off the top of your head? And of that, it'll be because:

FDR: WWII.
JFK: Shot.
LBJ: Started Vietnam.
Nixon: Watergate.
Reagan: You were born/lived during his Presidency.
Bush: See above.
Clinton: Blow jobs.
Carter, Ford: Jokes on The Simpsons.

You need to do something great or stupid to be remembered. The foremr won't happen, although the latter might well burn him a page in history yet as "President Pretzel."

Propaganda is to a Democracy what violence is to a Dictatorship
Never underestimate the significance of "significant."
NG Politics Discussion 101

BBS Signature
Jax-Cross
Jax-Cross
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-04 10:14:55 Reply

Regaurdless if we win lose or call the war even. I will tell my children and grand-children the same thing. Bush Was and egotistical dick. Who made up words, declared war on everything, and made our country look bad.

NoNameProphet
NoNameProphet
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-04 15:36:34 Reply

At 3/30/03 09:00 PM, Newgrundling wrote: The war's outcome and events will determine much of this, so the question cannot really be answered yet.

Then get ambitious and do a branching explanation. [If He Wins Iraq, and then US troops leave Iraq in control minus Saddam] [They win, have an eternal presence in Iraq, piss off the world... and WW3 eventually starts] [They win; perm presence in Iraq, they slowly take over the rest of the world] [He loses]

Ect.Ect.

MrSomeone
MrSomeone
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-05 22:27:16 Reply

I would say to my kids "there was a very bad man with a moustache that killed everyone that do not liked him. His name is Hitler. After some years, this man returned and started a war with a poor arab country, but this time he shaved his moustache and changed his name to Bush".

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-05 22:38:18 Reply

At 4/5/03 10:27 PM, Pirates wrote: I would say to my kids "there was a very bad man with a moustache that killed everyone that do not liked him. His name is Hitler. After some years, this man returned and started a war with a poor arab country, but this time he shaved his moustache and changed his name to Bush".

Your kids would probably flirt with the idea of being adopted after that.

ThugNasty
ThugNasty
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-05 22:49:23 Reply

when he is dead after someone really great assassinates him, I will not remember him as someone that I appreciated or liked. I will NEVER tell my children or grandchildren in a nonfictional way. Fuck him and he bastard ass I hpe he is killed in a horrfic manner!

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-05 22:58:39 Reply

At 4/5/03 10:49 PM, SexieBeast wrote: when he is dead after someone really great assassinates him, I will not remember him as someone that I appreciated or liked. I will NEVER tell my children or grandchildren in a nonfictional way. Fuck him and he bastard ass I hpe he is killed in a horrfic manner!

It's people like you that give dumbasses a bad name. Wishing death on someone you dont even know, escpescially a horrific death, is stupid. Even if he is a "bastard ass". Have fun being a hypocrit, I always wondered what its like to not believe a word you say...

MadMax501
MadMax501
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-05 22:59:21 Reply

if the war goes well, he'll probably be remembered as a "great" leader (I'm not expressing my personal opinion). If this goes vietnam on us and we end up with hundreds of thousands of dead civilians and thousands of dead U.S. soldiers he'll probably be remembered like Nikson: an asshole

D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-07 08:48:47 Reply

At 4/5/03 10:38 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote:
Your kids would probably flirt with the idea of being adopted after that.

This coming from a "man" that in all liklihood will never have the opportunity to have any...

BBS Signature
NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-07 10:02:54 Reply

At 4/7/03 08:48 AM, D2KVirus wrote: This coming from a "man" that in all liklihood will never have the opportunity to have any...

Now, you accuse me of being a trouble maker here, after you take anything I say to anyone, whether you "like" them or not, and then insult me.

Interesting traditions you "idiots" have...

D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-07 11:43:53 Reply

At 4/7/03 10:02 AM, NEMESiSZ wrote:
Now, you accuse me of being a trouble maker here, after you take anything I say to anyone, whether you "like" them or not, and then insult me.

Interesting traditions you "idiots" have...

Yes, ssorry, I have veryt little "patience" for "bullshit" from "immature" morons. Especially when it's so "damn" pathetic in "the" extreme. Besides, who died and decreed you were no longer worthy of our scorn for such irrelevant thoughts as "I'm right, you're wrong, get used to it"?

BBS Signature
NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-07 13:34:02 Reply

I'll try to put this in terms you understand:

Make SENSE plz, K-THX

nomisdp
nomisdp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-07 14:09:51 Reply

At 4/2/03 06:22 PM, fourdaddy wrote:
At 3/31/03 08:42 AM, Ruination wrote:
At 3/30/03 08:59 PM, RageAholic wrote:

i cant believe you people. how could have he 'stolen' the election? PLEASE explain. did he do the recounts (which the crybaby goron wanted so many of) himself? did he add new ballots with him being the chosen president? is it something else?

well for a start Bush got less votes than Gore overall in the election.
Additionally, he illegally removed the voting priviliges of black people in Florida who had minor felonies so that they couldn't vote for Gore
Plus Bush received 544 votes from overseas that were highly questionable and should not have been included.

aviewaskewed
aviewaskewed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-07 19:05:50 Reply

At 3/30/03 09:00 PM, Newgrundling wrote: The war's outcome and events will determine much of this, so the question cannot really be answered yet.

I do believe, however, that part of his reason for engaging this was is to secure his name in the annals of history.

I agree with what you've said here, I'd also say this is an effort by Bush to cover the scandals, the screw-ups, and the general domestic blundering which has marked his Presidency by starting and winning a war that nobody really wanted anyway and then being like "I'm a big war hero! Re-elect me! I beat Saddam, we all hate Saddam right?" Sadly, most of America is gonna swallow this, their going to look past all his obvious mistakes, and when re-election rolls around, and he's reminding us how he "lead the country after 9/11" and "fought for Iraq's freedom" people are going to simply go into the booths, cast their vote for Bush, so they won't feel unpatriotic...of course, that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator
The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.
PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature
D2Kvirus
D2Kvirus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Filmmaker
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-08 09:40:26 Reply

At 4/7/03 01:34 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote: I'll try to put this in terms you understand:

Make SENSE plz, K-THX

Wow, new tactic; ignoring the fact I write in coherent sentences, and pouring scorn on people that type like that!!! Congratulations, you don't even need me to prove what a pathetic idiot you are any more.

BBS Signature
Revenge-is-mine
Revenge-is-mine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-08 18:48:46 Reply

you bunch of inbread shit heads.....you dont know shit...I was almost killed for supporting the war by a bunch of shit smelling hippies....they got in my face and asked if i was pro or anti-war...i said pro-war and I got mauled by 30 or more fucking hippies and you say Bush is the rencarnation of hitler!!!! it is saddam who is the rencarnation of hitler....he killed inocent people for not liking him....Bush just wants to get rid of him...other countries want to but they say lets wait another 10 years (and he'll have a nuke by then) then get rid of him but it will be too late then

thenark
thenark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 14:16:28 Reply

Better than Reagan, but not as good as Clinton

thenark
thenark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 14:17:35 Reply

Oh, and he rigged the election in Florida, I'd mention that too. Its good to have brothers in high places (Since Jeb Bush is the governor of florida)

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 15:58:55 Reply

At 4/10/03 02:16 PM, thenark wrote: Better than Reagan, but not as good as Clinton

Actually, Clinton is the second worst president we've ever had, and he's the only one who was a bigger war-mongerer than Bush.

How's that for democrats?

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 16:13:59 Reply

At 4/10/03 03:58 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote:
At 4/10/03 02:16 PM, thenark wrote: Better than Reagan, but not as good as Clinton
Actually, Clinton is the second worst president we've ever had, and he's the only one who was a bigger war-mongerer than Bush.

How's that for democrats?

very true. he shot missles into Iraq AND Afghanistan, but people were more interested with his under-the-table affairs. Bush just needs an intern. hopefully one more attractive than Monica. then everyone will get off his back and worry about that instead.

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 16:15:25 Reply

At 4/4/03 09:09 AM, D2KVirus wrote: LBJ: Started Vietnam.

JFK started the Vietmanese conflict by sending "military advisors". LBJ just expanded it a little because a US ship was attacked. ain't that some shit.

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 16:19:21 Reply

At 4/10/03 04:13 PM, mysecondstar wrote: very true. he shot missles into Iraq AND Afghanistan, but people were more interested with his under-the-table affairs. Bush just needs an intern. hopefully one more attractive than Monica. then everyone will get off his back and worry about that instead.

Lets not forget war in Kosovo and Bosnia, both of which the USA had no legitimate reason to intervene in. Where were all the anti-war people then? At least the Iraq war was legitmate...

mysecondstar
mysecondstar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 16:29:35 Reply

At 4/10/03 04:19 PM, NEMESiSZ wrote:
At 4/10/03 04:13 PM, mysecondstar wrote: very true. he shot missles into Iraq AND Afghanistan, but people were more interested with his under-the-table affairs. Bush just needs an intern. hopefully one more attractive than Monica. then everyone will get off his back and worry about that instead.
Lets not forget war in Kosovo and Bosnia, both of which the USA had no legitimate reason to intervene in. Where were all the anti-war people then? At least the Iraq war was legitmate...

it's probably because of internation backing by the UN. i swear, every UN led conflict ends up the same way. in the shithole. Korea, stalemate. Vietnam, utter humiliation. Somalia, watch Black Hawk Down. and then we have Afghanistan and Iraq. both without official international backing, but the US won with authority. and quickly. Bush is pretty gutsy. and he's naive and straight-foward enough to know something is bad and to deal with it without worrying too much about political repercussions.

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 16:40:45 Reply

The UN said not to get involved in Kosovo...get your facts straight.

bumcheekcity
bumcheekcity
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 18:14:33 Reply

ah yeah, but clinton didnt rub peoples nose in things. and anyway, peple liked him, he was cool, he was 40, he was a sax player. he had this smile that knocked people out. the fact that he did some bad stuff never seemed to matter. he did a lot of good for peope too, it has to be said. but as i mentioned, clinton didnt rub other people nose in it.

how fickle are the US press, by the way, they spent 3 years caring about nothing but a stain on a blue dress...

Lord-Miroku-Sama
Lord-Miroku-Sama
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-10 19:33:14 Reply

I will probably be telling my kids about the controversy with the election then I'd skip to his biggest accomplishment as president which is surviving the near fatal pretzel incident.

nomisdp
nomisdp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-11 12:11:54 Reply

:every UN led conflict ends up the same way. ... Vietnam, utter humiliation.

Vietnam was in no way UN led, Russia would have vetoed it. Correct me if im wrong but the US were the only external power officially involven in Vietnam.

NEMESiSZ
NEMESiSZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 45
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-11 22:14:38 Reply

At 4/11/03 12:11 PM, nomisdp wrote:
every UN led conflict ends up the same way. ... Vietnam, utter humiliation.
Vietnam was in no way UN led, Russia would have vetoed it. Correct me if im wrong but the US were the only external power officially involven in Vietnam.

Viet Nam was France's mess, and for some reason LBJ thought it was his job to clean it up. France was more involved in causing Viet Nam than the USA was.

<deleted>
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-11 22:55:12 Reply

At 3/30/03 08:59 PM, RageAholic wrote: How will you remember bush what will you tell your children and why?

I will remember him for pummeling a helpless Middle eastern country that never did anything to provoke his wrath.

Jimsween
Jimsween
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to how will bush be remembered 2003-04-11 23:04:01 Reply

At 4/11/03 10:55 PM, FlattusMaximus wrote: I will remember him for pummeling a helpless Middle eastern country that never did anything to provoke his wrath.

Waahhh wahh waaahhhhhhh