00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BACKRUMS just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Revird is up! gather around!

19,948 Views | 250 Replies

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2011-11-08 06:29:50

At 11/8/11 06:16 AM, Gimmick wrote: 1) What's the society?

Here, check it out. I lurked for about an hour total before deciding this was too sappy and full of icky circlejerking undertones. Can't help but find myself missing a lot of the users who migrated away from this site in favor of that place, as some of them were fairly good friends and now just refuse to talk whatsoever unless I join, as previously stated.

Not going to happen.

3) I don't think I'm trolling per se.

Either way, it's forgiven and forgotten. :33

furry

filler

BBS Signature

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2011-11-08 07:41:38

At 11/8/11 06:29 AM, Rivergrey wrote:
At 11/8/11 06:16 AM, Gimmick wrote: 1) What's the society?
Here, check it out. I lurked for about an hour total before deciding this was too sappy and full of icky circlejerking undertones. Can't help but find myself missing a lot of the users who migrated away from this site in favor of that place, as some of them were fairly good friends and now just refuse to talk whatsoever unless I join, as previously stated.

Not going to happen.

ctive there, there are more Onision.net and Kongerate users than there are NG users. It doesn't mean I am gonna stop posting here. And I have not seen as much circle jerking as I have here. So I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

| Steam | NoN bbs | formerly steelchair

BBS Signature

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2011-11-08 08:12:52

Just another pile of shit forum full of sarcastic unfunny assholes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2011-11-08 10:02:51

At 11/8/11 07:54 AM, Cootie wrote: Another Newgrounds related forum that I can waste HUGE amounts of time on? Oh yippee.

im working on a new revird

sterner than ever

revirdiscoming.newgrounds.com

I use smileys when im clinically depressed =3

BBS Signature

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2011-11-08 15:37:46

At 11/8/11 10:02 AM, LuigiBot wrote: im working on a new revird

sterner than ever

revirdiscoming.newgrounds.com

Hahaha when did that account come about?

Oh, and guess what I ran across thanks to SMC...

I like passive-aggressive ban messages saying that I 'May get deleted'

BBS Signature

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2011-11-08 15:47:20

At 11/8/11 07:41 AM, SteelChair wrote:
Not going to happen.
ctive there, there are more Onision.net and Kongerate users than there are NG users. It doesn't mean I am gonna stop posting here. And I have not seen as much circle jerking as I have here. So I have no idea what the hell you are talking about.

You've gotta be shitting me! The whole place is a circlejerk!

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2011-11-08 17:17:55

At 11/8/11 05:07 AM, LuigiBot wrote: I wonder where everyone is today. G-Banger, Kazzar, Dischord etc
Probably turned 14 and got over the internet

Hahaha I miss Dischord :c I was thinking the same thing, though, haha. Kazzar's like... 16 now, right? Remember Gunthiare? That kid was brilliant.

I come back here every once in a while and try and remember the days, the days that will never come back, and should never come back for nostalgic purposes.

I remember being banned on the last days before it's shut down. I left to minimanjapan but it was fucking gay, i looked em up right now and i couldn't believe their last post was a couple hours ago, they were like a boring revird. Maybe the Revird could come back and still bring back alot of its users. But no,

~revird 2005-2008 (manlytears)

:'[

I like passive-aggressive ban messages saying that I 'May get deleted'

BBS Signature

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2011-12-17 02:22:09

At 11/8/11 05:17 PM, H-h-h-heliopios wrote:
At 11/8/11 05:07 AM, LuigiBot wrote: I wonder where everyone is today. G-Banger, Kazzar, Dischord etc
Probably turned 14 and got over the internet
Hahaha I miss Dischord :c I was thinking the same thing, though, haha. Kazzar's like... 16 now, right? Remember Gunthiare? That kid was brilliant.

Dischord's right here motherfuckers. LETS WRECK SHIT

/ Accomplishments: first 1000 comment news post.

/ عثكغ ʘⒺⒸⓀⒺʘ

BBS Signature

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2015-01-24 18:09:33

I just bought the domain again. TheRevird part 3, the conSTERNation conservation, has now begun.

All of this old school internet nostalgia that's been happening lately has got me thinking about this old forum full of sarcastic assholes. I don't know if making this website will bring any of the sarcastic assholes back, but I miss them.

SMC, WangChun707, SventThePenguin, NG_Buddhist, Squatting_Dog, Kazzar, Dischord, you faggots know who you are and you remember what luff is.

My plan is to make it a forum, based more or less on the old format. GFX tutz (photoshop & adobe suite) and other design stuff plus web dev tutorials and whatever the user wants. Additionally, how could this site exist without a dumbass general forum?

I'm working as a software engineer now, so I'm not a total idiot anymore (yes I am). What i mean to say is that I know a little bit about making websites. I'm not sure if I want to just find some old forum template and use that or if I want to cook up a modern homebrew website.

What I do know is that running this website has always been a community effort. I've got too many responsibilities to run the website full time, so we will need to bring on more admins and mods. I'd like to bring on some of the original users as admins and pick mods from posters that show enough competence to delete things that are illegal but not to lock threads because they are killjoys. What I can do is promise pay for the website hosting, unless the website exceeds several thousand dollars in costs (which I really, really doubt). I can keep the lights on, do some coding, and contribute to the community, but there is no way I can do it by myself.

This is why I'm putting out a call to action. I don't really anticipate this thread to gain much traction, but I don't know where else I can announce the Revird's rezERECTION.

If you want to be involved with the site, we can use all the help we can get right now. Even if you weren't one of the original users, I welcome you to help join our community. If I can't find the old people, we'll have to get new admins. I have some contact information from some of the original users, so that's at least a start.

Please email me at Fonzie@TheRevird.com if you want to be a part of this free luff movement. I will set you up with an @TheRevird.com email account and get you involved with all of the new development discussions. Today I'll set up a little newsgroup so we can chat about where we want the site to go. You can also send me a message on AIM at 'esugeo' (no quotes obv) if you are feeling really oldschool. So, I guess that's it, rant over.

email Fonzie@TheRevird.com with NG in the subject if you want to be a part of weird fun shit to come.

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2015-01-24 18:49:17

At 11/8/06 07:26 AM, <deleted> wrote: The Revird is the gayest gay of every gayed.

And this is coming from the king faggot.

what a post!

BBS Signature

Response to The Revird is up! gather around! 2015-01-24 20:46:08

At 1/24/15 06:49 PM, ExtraLife wrote:
At 11/8/06 07:26 AM, <deleted> wrote: The Revird is the gayest gay of every gayed.

And this is coming from the king faggot.
what a post!

I can promise 3.0 will be even gayer.