00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt

22,115 Views | 121 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-04 13:49:49

At 11/4/06 12:38 AM, TomaO2 wrote: The Star Wars one.... (darth=in) I noticed that it was put into a collection and the movie had been moved to the rightful owner. Seems to me that my posting it finally gave it the attention it needed to have the mods fix that problem. It was a good flash. Were all my choices really less amusing then what ended up being put up even "LL- Edd-Black" http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/26 3922 The whole thing of a starbucks being across from a star buc was something I really find helarious.

You had a good list of picks, I'm sorry that none of them made it to the front page. For submissions such as the Starbucks joke, I tend to ignore a lot of movies that use a soundbite from a comedian. When I saw "Fuck Off" on the treasure hunt list, I remembered enjoying it before, but didn't remember why I didn't put it on the front page... Until I noticed again that is was a skit from an ICP CD. That was the reason why I originally didn't put it on the front page, although I decided to finally give it a shot on the second time around.

Overall I want to encourage people to come up with original jokes and not use soundbites, although I know I don't practice any perfect consistency with the submissions I choose for the front page.

I had made note of your suggestions in the "funny movies" list that I made... I overlooked Shave Tonight because Dustball is already a well recognized artist and I was looking for more people who didn't get as much recognition. The Bob Ross movie was funny, I made an icon for it. They were all good picks. I think I was just in a different sort of mood with my selections. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-04 13:52:11

At 11/4/06 01:54 AM, The-Swain wrote: P.S. - I don't want to check now and risk losing what I've typed so far, but the last time I looked, Blockhead 8 hadn't been added to the series page yet. Those poor, poor fans :(

Gasp! It's in there now.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-04 14:08:28

At 11/4/06 01:41 PM, TrippingMetal wrote: Earlier this month my buddy, Blaze, IMed me saying he submitted my short flash Breakin' Into Your House to this Treasure Hunt contest thingy, and I was like, "lolk."

So Tom, I MUST know what you thought about it?

Obviously I liked it! The sound clip is just great... The only thing that could have been better would have been the ending, when the window closes on his head... I think it might have been funnier if it slammed down with a real sound effect, and totally smashed the guys head. But I'm part sociopath, so that joke might have fallen flat on a lot of people.

-Tom

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-04 16:30:03

So to make a realy awsome flash it has to involve a stupid imature penis joke?

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-04 16:45:38

With all the contest results and such, an important piece of that news post has gotten lost in the shuffle, so I'm going to mention it again now....
Kudos to Tom and NG for sponsoring Child's Play! I know The Behemoth was on the sponsor list last year, but at the moment NG is one of only three at the platinum level and I'm really happy to see them there.
And here you are claiming to be part sociopath, Tom. That's strong evidence to the contrary.

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-04 17:06:43

Wow, a $1000 is a lot, I wonder what they will do with that.

cos shotgun bullets are bad for yo health.

{+}dA{-}LASTFM

paypal

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-04 21:53:47

heres a modified version of the winter preloader that i made modified winter preloader

ʜɒɿɿi

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-04 23:53:28

Good appreciation i think they all deserved it!

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 00:21:25

At 11/4/06 01:49 PM, TomFulp wrote:
You had a good list of picks, I'm sorry that none of them made it to the front page. They were all good picks. I think I was just in a different sort of mood with my selections. :)

<sighs> Okay, I think I had a good list too but that's the way it bounces, I guess. I appreciate your reply. Thanks.

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 08:27:12

At 11/4/06 09:53 PM, pezzo wrote: heres a modified version of the winter preloader that i made modified winter preloader

Wow that's awesome! I just know that is going to be the proper Preloader.

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 09:59:14

Hey! I know it's a bit late what with the treasure hunt being over and all, but I think another Newgrounds flash cartoon that should be recognized is
Mikey's Show! It's super hilarious, innovative and something you can watch over & over without getting sick of it. It's won no portal awards for some reason!!! Maybe this has all been pointed out, I don't know. I didn't check. I really didn't know what the treasure hunt was about 'til today. (Damn!) But, seriously, check it out!!!

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 10:58:45

I see you got some of the previous FP holders back up to be fair.
I also assume you're not dead, as seems to be the topic today.
No doubt I'll be making stuff for both contests this time round.

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 11:24:21

At 11/4/06 09:53 PM, pezzo wrote: heres a modified version of the winter preloader that i made modified winter preloader

thanks for making our preloader UGLIER!

Tom and I have been working on something hmmm????

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 12:10:36

At 11/5/06 11:24 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:

I sorta liked it, actually.

I've gone and become an SSBB addict... what to do, what to do...

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 12:45:44

I'm happy to see your a part of the childsplay cuase for sick children also that was great article Tom.

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 13:13:56

At 11/5/06 11:24 AM, JohnnyUtah wrote:

do u really mean that:( becuase i thought it was pretty cool but what the heck its your opinion i guess. thanks for writing something about my preloader :)

ʜɒɿɿi

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 13:38:13

Uhhhh....hi?

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 15:15:25

coolio

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 15:58:33

I Never Knew that you held something like that!

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 16:13:13

Not much point in me posting, but congrats to the winners i guess.

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 17:56:26

wow congratulations to all the winners,
and also to the people who didn't win (but did there best).

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 18:35:32

Congratuations to the winners, and that was good hearing that Newgrounds.com is a platinum sponsor of Child's Play. I mean my favorite site sponsoring one of my favorite comic site's event is very good.

Asian Users Club, Fighting racism since 1882.

Sig made by: InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 19:07:03

yay my toon was on frontpage YAY!

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-05 20:33:36

man. I wish that I could participate in trhis one, but it's too late. I have to get ready for my trip to Japan, so I probably can't do much more flash this year. Next year, maybe my artistic skill will be better too...

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery"

Personal Development

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-06 00:45:24

RAB 17 and Blockhead 8 were fantastic. Keep up to good work, you certainly deserve that money...

:sometimes I wish I could do Flash..... I hate myself

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-06 18:16:12

Even though I didn't win, I had fun creating my movie, and glad that this contest gave me the motivation to finish it.

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-06 19:37:14

Does anyone know exactly what day the next art contest starts? I can't wait any longer. I'M GONNA PISS MYSELF!!!

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-07 19:00:31

All of these submissions definitely deserved what they got. Congrats to all of the programmers who created these works of art.

Who's your warden, baby?

BBS Signature

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-07 20:24:53

At 11/7/06 08:02 PM, JohnCena423 wrote: are we cool

I know I am! ;)

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Halloween, Christmas, Treasure Hunt 2006-11-11 22:50:41

hi all! introduce me,im new.the names plasticninja1!