00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Happy Halloween!

14,624 Views | 135 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:29:05

Happy Halloween everyone!

The Portal is currently flooded with under judgment entries as a result of Daily Day yesterday (Happy belated Daily Day, BTW). I updated the voting panel delay timer, so you will no longer have to wait as long before voting on an under judgment submission. This should make the list much easier to clear. If everyone could take some time to vote on under judgment entries today, it would be greatly appreciated!

The reason we have a delay on the voting panel for under judgment submissions is because we want to ensure visitors actually WATCH the submission before voting on it.

However, the system is based on the assumption that a six meg file will take a while to watch. Since we had a lot of very short submissions yesterday with large file sizes, no one had the patience to wait for the voting panel to catch up after watching the short submissions.

Our Halloween Contest will be coming to a close tomorrow so be sure to submit those last-minute entries for a chance to win $1000! We will soon be announcing a similar contest for Christmas, Hanukkah and other holiday movies, as we've already received some holiday submissions.

I've wittled down a list of finalists for the Treasure Hunt contest, although it's hard to pick a favorite from the bunch. We'll be giving some front page space to our favorites and announcing a winner right after Halloween wraps up.

JohnnyUtah will soon be announcing the winners for the Video Game Rising art contest, which means it will be time to start a new art contest!

Voting begins tomorrow for the Best of October competition! Winners this month will receive a copy of 12 Years Ill Spent, the new book by long-time NGer Fourchinnigan!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:30:52

Nice, happy Halloween!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:33:14

A lot of stuff on the newgrounds plate today.

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:34:38

Happy halloween

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:36:28

well Happy Halloween as well, i went to a party saturday, my painted face of a costume is on my profile lol

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:38:12

Happy Daily Day!!

wait, what...

Happey Hallow's eve Mr Fulp.

Also I cannot wait for a new art contest

"It isn't that democrats are ignorant. Far from it. it's just that they know so much that just isn't so"

Ronald Reagan

Proud supporter of the Dinosaur Conspiracy Theory

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:39:04

happy halloween everyone!!!

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:44:29

Happy Halloween all!

I can't wait to see what Utah picks. There were a ton of good ones, so you guys have a tough desicion.

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:48:25

Don't forget about the "christmas" audio contest Tom. ;)
Were still there and armed. :)

It also closes tomorrow just like the Halloween contest. To all audio artists! If you're already in a christmas spirit check out the MAC - OCTOBER (Christmas Theme contest) for more information. It's not to late for a last-minute submission. :)

Oh yeah, Happy Halloween I guess. ^^

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!

...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:50:54

At 10/31/06 07:29 AM, TomFulp wrote: However, the system is based on the assumption that a six meg file will take a while to watch. Since we had a lot of very short submissions yesterday with large file sizes, no one had the patience to wait for the voting panel to catch up after watching the short submissions.

Frickin' finally!

You shouldn't base your times off of the assumption that the average submitter knows jack shit about optimisation.

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:53:16

yay, the one day i get to dress up and play with kiddos

WOOT

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:57:21

Sweet, I hope you managed to recieve my long ass-comedy PM about a certian flash author *ka-wink*, so i can get money if you laugh your ass off. Also, how come you haven't mentioned Thom Yorke's album The Eraser yet? Any way, Happy Halloween.

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 07:59:29

Happy Halloween you asses!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:11:44

Happy Halloween, everyone. Don't forget to party! Can't wait to see the winners for the various contests, too, the art one especially.

<3

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:16:29

I wish I had been here for daily day...Happy Holloweenie everybody.

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:27:11

Happy Halloween guys.

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:30:56

I recommend people buy 4chinny's book.. its a cool little read if you're ever on a long flight or somethin.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:34:59

At 10/31/06 08:24 AM, squeakytoad wrote: And will be sure to have a submission primed and ready for the Christmas. My movie will also cover Hanukkah and New Years (seeing as they're all within the same month and fit with the movie's theme). Could it be submitted to both contests?

I'll still add Halloween submissions to the Halloween collection after November 1st.

The holiday contest is a single contest that covers the season. :)

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:38:04

Wow, I can't beleive it's actually Tom Fulp posting, the King of Newgrounds, the guest in over a million flashes, the richest internet being who like violence is actually posting on this board.
Woohoo!
And Don't worry, I'll be voting 0 on every single Daily Day I find, MUHAHAHA!

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:41:28

Happy Halloween indeed.

Wooo..

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:48:37

Yes its been a good busy 2 days on the portal lots of great flash to see, and review :)

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 08:55:58

Happy Halloween everyone!!!!!!!

You missed me?

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 09:07:54

hey tom, are halloween submissions for the halloween competition also giong to beable to win the best of october competition?

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 09:08:21

I sure chose the wrong time to post my Halloween submission!!!
It got lost very quickly, pushed to the hidden portal pages by a heap of Day Day flicks!

Cheers for the delay update, I voted on most of the under judgements and it appears to be getting back to normal. If you're interested, my Halloween effort can be seen at this address:

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/346912

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 09:12:21

At 10/31/06 09:08 AM, PapaQ wrote: Cheers for the delay update, I voted on most of the under judgements and it appears to be getting back to normal. If you're interested, my Halloween effort can be seen at this address:

http://www.newground..m/portal/view/346912

I dont know about that here in california the day is just starting im sure there will be more floods of holiday flash...

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 09:13:45

Ok, so I was too busy in the end to make anything for Halloween (besides my Video Game Rising entry). Damn.

Maybe Christmas? ... Maybe..

I'll have to sit down and check out all the submissions, I haven't seen any yet.

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 09:25:16

I just wanted to wish everyone, a Safe and Happy Halloween!

coolburn

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 09:28:02

Come oooooon, Phoenix Wright Undead Attourney!

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 09:38:12

Happy Halloween!

Tom you should give out treeats to those helping out with the UJ problem, esp those of us that already reached the max rank. :)

Response to Happy Halloween! 2006-10-31 09:46:25

Tom, do you wear that big Alien Hominid costume when you go out drinking on Halloween?

I hope you do. That would be great.

"Some kilometers SOUTH of Dublin, under more control of

the IRA, there is a vast farmland. I'm SUPER cereal"

BBS Signature